Netflix's The Witcher

>To lead the series, Netflix has brought on Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, writer and executive producer for other successful Netflix properties Daredevil and The Defenders. Hissrich joins the previously announced producing team of Sean Daniel (The Mummy) and Jason Brown (The Expanse). Tomek Baginski, the man who directed the cinematics for the Witcher games, will also be involved with the project.

To be fair this seems like a pretty solid production team.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM
youtu.be/mNUw7ui_ruY
youtube.com/watch?v=YXtiXRlsyE4
youtube.com/watch?v=lO49RZq5HCk
youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs
youtube.com/watch?v=y1HkuGUaNBY
youtube.com/watch?v=mQuHpdUbq6U
youtube.com/watch?v=lrCN2dLFf5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2DrXgj1NwN8
youtube.com/watch?v=AjXr9Nj5ZbI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q88AkN1hNYM
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=_9YYYVG0YQI
youtube.com/watch?v=0sBIDZsvlSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Hissrich knows how to produce serialized content for Netflix
>Sean Daniel have experience with big movies
>Jason Brown's The Expanse is SFX heavy novel adaptation
>Tomek Baginski has his own SFX company, is a big fan of the series and is really creative (but tbf he's not that good at directing)

youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

howbout dah

>franchise that no woman could ever understand
>Woman in charge of adaptation
Kill me

Wasn't made by Baginski.

You don't understand what her job is.

JUST

tfw island of Lesbos existed in The Witcher universe.

>Baginski, the man who directed the cinematics for the Witcher games, will also be involved with the project

He will get the boss coffee.

Eh, if Witcher is set in a Slav-verse, Greece is pretty close. And honestly, I don't mind lesbians, gays or bis. It's only BLACKED that I despise.

They can't marginalize him as his company is going to make SFX and he is contractualy guaranteed to direct at least one episode per season. Also Sapkowski is on board.

It's set in a fantasy land though

Well yeah I know,but consdering it's a mashup of Fantasy Slavs and Fantasy Germans, adding Fantasy Greeks isn't that farfetched.

If they go for the "gritty" aesthetic I'm gonna be mad.

That's stupid actually. The Witcer has nothing to do with anything Greek.

In the books and games there are many references to things from our world, because the world of the Witcher was populated by humans from here (only dwarves and gnomes are native to that world)

Read with attention

It's gonna be SJW'ed to fuck. Awful.
The universe is too dark, too "real" for the deluded leftists who believe in the myth of egalitarianism.

I know what you are saying, but the world in the setting seems to be pretty fleshed out and set in stone. They are going off books too, so I doubt they will make any major addition. So far, the story is mostly set around not-central Europe, and Nilfgaard is already pretty much Rome, which likely encompasses not-Greece.

>The universe is too dark
Except it's based on the books and those are jolly as fuck.

>those are jolly as fuck.
Have we read the same books?

I liked that part where everyone dies, it was fun.

The ones with Dandelion fishing a genie, Geralt talking to a golden dragon and a Chad Urchin popping out of nowhere?
Yeah, I think.

He was involved with this though

youtu.be/mNUw7ui_ruY

>jolly as fuck
Have you read the books?
It's as dark as the videogames just not as up in your face. Its descriptions of events are darker imo. There are some lighthearted moments sure.
Get ready for Africans,Arabs,Asians,race mixing,gays and trannies to appeal to the Netflix crowd. It's guaranteed to include this shit unfortunately. Gotta keep pushing the agenda and raping all the properties they can.
Indeed lmao

Best game trailer ever desu.

>Agency Axis Animation
>Produced by Anton Borkel
No he wasn't

jesus christ, literally every single game cinematic is poorly shot.

>Get ready for Africans,Arabs,Asians,race mixing,gays and trannies to appeal to the Netflix crowd. It's guaranteed to include this shit unfortunately. Gotta keep pushing the agenda and raping all the properties they can.
Maybe wait for some details about the production before getting full Sup Forumstard?

>implying I'm wrong
>He thinks there will be an all European majority heterosexual cast in a Netflix production
Lmao

>was ist Dark

Idris Elba

The Punisher sucks

you are incredibly naive (to be polite)

Just cast Geralt or fuck off. That's what is going to make or break this for me.

gotta agree with this user, if they fucked up the punished that bad the witcher is gonna suck shit. shame too, since I just recently got into the witcher universe and played the Witcher 3 for the first time.
are the other good? should I read the books?

I d-dont rate the game

>The Poles sold out to jews
FUCK
WHYY
I THOUGHT THEY KNEW ABOUT (((THEM))) AND WHAT THEY DO WITH BEAUTY?!

>Defenders solid
Good thing mortal Kombat is still the only good Vidya movie

Nilfgaard is already pretty much the Habsburgs.

>should I read the books?
The two short stories books are GOAT

can someone pls explain me this old man meme i dont get it

read the news you underage twat.

He was an real hero that was driven to suicide by the jews running the ICC

Croatian politician charged with war crimes drank poison in court and died.

Poles ARE Jews, sweety.

Croat who removed kebab from his homeland. Got charged with 20 years and drank poison in court, saying he doesn't agree with the decision

everyone is the Jews

the op pic works especially well because he drank poison and the witchers drink highly toxic potions

If you're guys curious here's a dump of animations made by Tomasz Baginski and Platige image, all of them absolutely kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=YXtiXRlsyE4
youtube.com/watch?v=lO49RZq5HCk
youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs
youtube.com/watch?v=y1HkuGUaNBY
youtube.com/watch?v=mQuHpdUbq6U
youtube.com/watch?v=lrCN2dLFf5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2DrXgj1NwN8
youtube.com/watch?v=AjXr9Nj5ZbI

letho's a big guy

It is not like netflix doesn't a bad record... Did you watch Godless? Frontier? The Punisher?
To be fair, the only recent netflix series that didn't go the SJW path was Dark.

another ones
youtube.com/watch?v=Q88AkN1hNYM
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=_9YYYVG0YQI
youtube.com/watch?v=0sBIDZsvlSM

>and he is contractualy guaranteed to direct at least one episode per season
Interesting

>All this shitposting about how sjws are gonna ruin the show
Only makes it all the more obvious since most LGBT characters arent flamboyant sissies and I dont recall there being any transgender ones in the books.
And they cant really put in black or asian people, nor have any prominent arabs in the show since the two former literally doesnt exist in the world and the latter is only mentioned.

That fucking picture lmao

>And they cant really put in black or asian people
They did it to Tolkien with putting black people in Dale in the Hobbit, they'll do it in the Witcher. Just watch.

This cant be real