I just watched Alien and Aliens for the first time...

I just watched Alien and Aliens for the first time. Do I want to watch 3 and Resurection or should I just go to Prometheus and Covenant or should I just ignore all of them and pretend Aliens is the last one?

Alien 3 assembly cut is great imho, and a worthy end to the trilogy.
everything after is bad to awful.

Eh, add Prometheus to the list as its pretty solid.

Watch Resurrection at your own caution. Its not very good but has its moments.

Avoid Covenant unless you want to beat your head against the wall for almost two hours.

>prometheus is pretty solid

resurrection is fun, but certainly nothing more than fanfic
>written by joss whedon
features a salty ron perlman, naughty brad dourif and a french midget

3, Covenant, Prometheus and Resurrection are pretty similar quality wise. just depends on what youre looking for.

3 has some good scenes and some of the characters are interesting, it's enjoyable overall.

prometheus/covenant share the same problem of being a concept artist's playground but having pants-on-head retarded plots that ruin the fun.

resurrection is pure Perlmankino and is a great example of late 90's schlock. It too is pants-on-head retarded, but it doesn't have the irritating contradiction between tone and plot like Covenant and Prometheus do.

I have a soft spot for Resurrection despite it being mediocre. There's a few interesting ideas in it, and as a Jeunet flick it's pretty solid. But as an Alien movie it's pretty bad.

Criticism towards 3 is mostly rooted in the fact that sour fanboys couldn't get over the death of Newt and Hicks. The general atmosphere is comparable to the first movie, so one could argue it is even more canon than Aliens. Overall it is a pretty good movie, do watch the directors cut though.
Alien 4 is to be ignored at all cost, it shat all over the franchise in a way that is comparable to Terminator 3.
Prometheus, Covenant and the AvP movies are utter trash. Thy are very much detached from the original movies, so watching them can't really harm you attitude towards the originals.

just stop now, you watched the only 2 worht watching

Watch 3, if you like joss whedon watch resurrection, skip the new ones they are kind of mess (first one is passable though)

>Alien resurrection
what the hell was that?

space station cloning ripley to make hybrid aliums. it was ok, no alien or aliens, but the only other watchable one in the series. had ron pearlman, the badguy from the crow, and the pill popping mom who shoplifts from stranger things

>the episode where ripley wins at basketball

Hi, serious question:
Let's say I really enjoy Alien and Aliens, but then watch Prometheus (or even AvP) and hate them. Exactly how, in your opinion, can this possibly have any affect on how I feel about the first two films?

>ignore all of them and pretend Aliens is the last one
looks like you already know the right answer

It has this fucker and its lol funnay splatter death, and that isn't even the only reason it sucks.

>[YOURE A BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY INTENSIFIES]

My hatred towards later instalments of movie franchises, has impacted my re watching of the originals several times. This is due to the fact, that watching the originals reminds me of how good they are, and how bad the sequels are in comparison, witch puts me in a bad and negative mood, thus spoiling an otherwise enjoyable experience.

>i ate a bad cheeseburger once, now all cheeseburgers are shit

You have real problems, bud. Seek help before it's too late.

you're gonna watch it eventually. might as well get it out of the way now.

this is literally the perfect reply. if you let something you like get spoiled by something else, the problem is with you, not the something you liked.
its like those faggots who cry about "you killed my childhood" because they made a sequel/reboot 20 years later that was different

More like eating a homemade, Mom quality cheeseburger. And then being scammed by a major corporation, calling itself "Moms homemade quality Burgers" into eating a trash can quality fuck you burger.

>scammed
being dumb isnt the same thing as being scammed. if you go to trash drive through thinking you are getting homemade quality you are dumber then shit

it doesn't make you think poorly of your actual 'Mom's quality cheeseburger' though, does it?
no, of course not

You faggots Don't seem to understand that the hate is not towards the original, of course, but solely the sequels. The originals simply work as a trigger for hate, even though it is not aimed at them, and we all know that hate leads to suffering.

im not a faggot, youre a faggot, faggot
now post your faggot feet

4 is kinda fun, but it's absolute trash
3 is dumb
prometheus was ok when I watched it as a teen
don't watch covenant, except if you got a hard on for michael fassbender

was it the tism?

Yes. Absolutely yes. 3 rapes the Alien franchise and Resurrection shits on its corpse. Ignore em.

Prometheus and Covenant did the same, except in the opposite order.

why the fuck don´t you try and find out by yourself? fucking bitch.

I can't for the life of me, figure out how you have just seen Alien. Unless, of course you're underage which is probably the case.

watch the directors cut of 3 though it takes a few watches

its every bit as good as the first 2

How is Sigourney Weaver so fucking cute?

Faggot

Alien 3 is 80% garbage and 20% kino. It's worth watching at least once for the amazing ending, which sees the franchise off in the best way possible. The Assembly cut has more character depth but also a few other nonsensical changes and is leaning too hard on the overlong and dull side.
The rest is meh.

I like A3 a lot more than other people, but I hate the Assembly Cut for ruining both the funeral chestburst and the ending, two of the movie's (maybe the whole franchise's) most powerful scenes.

Ignore anyone who says 3 was bad just because it wasn't Aliens 2, it's a great film that reinforces the themes of the original and brings the franchise full circle.
Aliens is a good film but it attracted the kind of people who just wanted more cheesy action flicks.

Same, desu.

Wrt to the ending, you're talking about the chestburster finally erupting? I didn't think that was necessary personally. The imagery of her holding the newborn to her chest was great but I also felt it was kinda shoehorned and unnecessary. Either way, that entire ending sequence is the highlight of the movie.
The funeral chestburst, yeah, you're right. The chestburster coming from a dog is just so much more visceral than when it happens to a dead ox, and it makes a whole lot more sense for it to develop into the Runner alien.

Resurrection is the only one with a cute waifu.

Top Tier:
Alien
Aliens

Good Tier
Alien 3 Assembly Cut
Prometheus

Okay Tier:
AVP
AVP 2
Alien Covenant

Shit Tier:
Alien Resurrection

Resurrection is better than Alien 3.

I'd switch out covenant with Prometheus, but only because dialog and interactions in Prometheus came off as very unnatural and almost "too theatrical" at times.

Nothing is worse than AVP2.

Alien, Aliens and AVP are the the only movies worth watching.
Prometheus and Covenant pretty shit.
Avoid AVP2 at all costs.

I'd love Covenant if it weren't for the really bad third act.

Why are the Xenomorph always drooling this much?

>ending sequence
the missing shots hurt the pacing, but it's mostly about the edited music, it lacks the punch the full piece had.

>funeral chestburst
agreed on the visceral thing, the dog's agony is both sad and tense as hell, but when they cut to a fucking dead ox hanging there it's downright hilarious. also that shot of the burster running away from it looks so retarded you could mistake it for a scene from Covenant.

>the episode where snake wins at basketball

>naughty brad dourif
is there any other type?

also
>features a sinister Michael Wincott

Congratulations, you have finished the series.

>completely wastes Michael Wincott, who's the best part of the movie like usual

fify

Alien then Aliens, then it's game over man, game over. The rest are abominations.

kek that part

>Alien then Aliens, then it's game over man, game over.

you have to go back

It’s a quote from the movie you fucking retard bahahahahah he didn’t even see the movie and he’s pretending to talk about it what a fucking faggot

I've seen it enough times to know the real line and get triggered by the normie-approved misquote you posted. now kindly fuck off.

Watch Predator 1 and 2. Maybe Alien 3 and Resurection but stay fuck away Alien vs Predator's and Prometheus. Cry for help if somebody suggest Covenant.

the first avp movie is retarded but quite watchable

Second time Paul W.S ripped of Alien, so it is not tolerable.

Prometheus is a good movie that was butchered in editing, the best way to watch it is through the special edition fan cut which just restores all the deleted scenes without getting too artsy like all the other fan edits
Literally every complaint people have regarding the movie was explained in deleted scenes

Is there a deleted scene that shows space jockeys shrinking to a third of their size and turning into albino men in space suits?

Just watch everything. It’ll give you perspective at the very least and at least you’ll be in on all the lore

idk is there a scene that establishes that every space jockey is exactly the same height? For all we knew there was a superior caste which was taller and bigger, Prometheus barely connected to Alien in the first place

>Literally every complaint people have regarding the movie was explained by my headcanon

Ah, now I get it.

no tongues

I once used water in some colonoscopy prep and I couldn't drink water for 2 years because it would make me nearly puke because the chalky prep pills and the water put me on the edge of puking for hours

You may think it's not legitimate butshit like this
happens

Are their any fan made films based on this franchise on youtube anywhere?

You'd be drooling too if you were that close to prime ripley 8)

Danny McBride saves covenant for me.