Beth didn't divorce him. She fucking murdered him

Beth didn't divorce him. She fucking murdered him.

No, Jerry's gonna be living in a shoebox apartment trying to a swinging bachelor and just can't cut it as a person.

Expect the status quo in like 5 episodes or so.

I actually reckon it was Jerry that divorced Beth, considering he was the one putting his foot down.

Pretty much this.

Whould you all be happy if they just drop him completely and never mention him again?

no because Jerry is the best character

But he is not Unity

Well he already reproduced so it doesnt matter anymore.

What if he discovers the recipe to Mulan Szechuan dipping sauce?

I would. He isn't relatable at all. If I wanna self insert then that's what Rick is for

>witty, intelligent, and with a dark sense of humor

lmao
i love this meme, such a blatant reminder.

The writers see the same problem with jerry everyone else did

He was a bland and unexplored character because development with him would be awful as he is the "straight man" but cuck amplified to 150%. Spare us the shitty writing please

What if he becomes the CEO of McDonalds?

This

I can't believe that people actually do that unironically

It's like Gir, except these people are in their 20's.

Nah, Beth probably said with a straight face that they're divorcing
Jerry is incomplete and spineless so I can only imagine him living in some shitty apartment or trailer home trying to make ends meet while also trying to win custody over Morty, which might be a subplot

By the way, I just realized... Best foreshadowing ever.

Watch Jerry actually become successful. Leaving Beth will be best for him.

How to fix Jerry

>Episode revolves around Beth seeing new people and absolutely hating all the guys she meets
>Episode is how she thinks Jerry must have it so much worse not even getting dates and living like shit and decides to take him back with a high horse complex
>Jerry actually has a decent fucking life now with a well paying job and social life since he isn't dealing with/ getting shown up by Rick's bullshit all the time.
>He wants a normal life not some crazy adventure filled one where he and the one's he love almost die every week

If they actually took a Morty route with Jerry where he actually calls Rick on his bullshit and actually has him punch the old man, people's opinions of him would 180.

Rick is literally Deus Ex Machina the character not enough people stand up to him in the show.

We already know this if we take the alternate reality headset episode at face value

Beth is gonna want Jerry back on the grounds that she has no one to shit on

Once she starts dating people who have achieved far more then her in life she'll want Jerry back

Not really. He was the only force opposing Rick in the home, even if he was laughably bad at it.

With the Council of Ricks and the Federation gone, an unopposed Rick is going to get really old really fast.

You're both half right.

I can already see where this story arc is going.

Beth is going to start seeing new guys and will get into a relationship with this really good guy who is successful, capable and just an all around great person.

Meanwhile Jerry will get some shitty low-paying job behind a desk or at a fast food restaurant and will try dating but fail miserably on account of being lame.

Then, Beth will begin to feel bad about not having someone to look down on and will begin to do everything she can to undermine her new boyfriend until the relationship collapses.

Meanwhile Jerry, having come to terms with the fact that he's too lame to be in a relationship will focus on climbing the corporate ladder and will get promoted to a decent position but will be lonely.

Eventually Beth will realize that she needs to be in a relationship with someone she can feel superior to and Jerry will no longer be able to take being alone and they'll remarry with the only noticeable difference being that Jerry's not unemployed anymore (unless Rick causes him to lose his job at the end of the episode they get remarried as a final joke).

Good.

I could see Jerry trying to be an actor after seeing the alternate reality and slowly become like Tobias from arrested development.

You guys are missing the point of this thread. Everything in her body language and choice of words indicated that she just did something to Jerry. What was it she said? "I need to go tend to him" or something?

She looked like she was trying to hold something back and it wasn't divorce.

I think he will move in with shit eating Rick and even Shit eating Rick will learn to hate him.

plz dont, it will just hurt to much :(

She needed to make sure Jerry left the house and that he wouldn't kill himself probably. He was probably very upset that his wife choose her father after she said she didn't care about him anymore

What she was "holding back" was the fact that she was ecstatic that she finally pulled the trigger and is no longer chained to that parasite.

Im pretty sure Jerry was just losing it

A character like Tobias wouldn't fit into R&M at all.

I don't know, she seemed very jarred in a suspicious way. The writers are extremely on point and handle subtle details very well, which leads me to believe that this isn't some pie in the sky bullshit.

Jerry isn't a parasite. He may be dumb, but he was the only actual 'parent' amongst the two of them

I want him to disappear only to show up in the end and destroy Rick.

Eh, he'll probably end up being happier without having to deal with Beth and her annoying father. It would be great to see him become a successful actor like in that one episode.

He might just grow a similar backbone like in the Cronen-verse and just be some guy who gets to see his kids from time to time.

The funny part due to the aberrant and flat out collapse of the federation (or at least the ones around Earth) kinda says not all ships could have left and some forms of tech should of stayed or be reversed engineered, Beth still might be out of a job, Earth may now want to make their own version of the federation, and Jerry looks like a better provider and caregiver due to Beth's decision to side with Rick.

>none of this will be part of the show

>Jerry is a son of a cuck and was cucked by his own father-in-law for the attention of his wife.

>Morty should just shoot him with a real gun by now

>Rick is gonna cuck him hard

Yes

Then Rick would just pull something out his own ass that would net him an easy victory over Jerry. Like give him a mind control recipe to get Beth back in return for the sauce, then reveal the recipe is just the KFC 11 herbs-spices and report Jerry for corporate copyright infringement that gets him put in jail for the next 50 years next to Geoffrey "The Psychopathic Penis Remover" Nasty in the same cell.

its going to be an action heavy season, makes sense not to focus too much in family life
jerry is going to be back at some point in some way,either that or they pull another roiland and give us something completely unexpected

My gf pointed this out to me and blew my mind.
I guess she pays more attention than I do.

Look, I know you identify with Jerry because, like him, you are a mediocre half-man who thinks his 90 IQ and complete lack of talent qualifies him to coast through life without putting any effort into bettering himself as long as he deprecates himself enough in front of other people, but he is very much an emotional and financial parisite.

Dan, please, get some sleep. Let Justin handle big, mean Sup Forums

what? I don't get it

I'm sure YOU don't

Yes, he's the reason why I have to tolerate Summer and Morty's retarded quirks all day.
Summer and Morty should not have children from their own DNA, it's infested with Jerrrryy.

Y'know, Beth'd probably have to pay Jerry Alimony.
Also, who gets custody of the kids?

Lol no, fuck him. He's that annoying secondary character which never fucks off. He's the Scrappy Doo which everyone wants gone. He's the fifth wheel which nobody asked for. He's a faggot.

I could have enjoyed him if he wasn't a cynical cowardly loser who's also a coping communist.
Imagine if Jerry was also fat, arrogant, running in his underwear in the house, like most slavic deadbeat fathers. That really would have gritted my teeth and made his departure so much more satisfying.

Don't take it so personally. It's a cartoon.

They are co-dependent she's just as much in need of him. It has been shown on more than one occasion that he gets shit done when the shit hits the fan.

Honestly, even edgelord memeyness aside, he's just a painful character to watch. I don't watch this show for pathetic worthless literal cucks, I watch it to live vicariously through an animated perfect meme. It's legitimately a meme show, so why dilute the meme? It doesn't make it any better. Sometimes you drink box wine to get sloshed because you know it's shit and it does what it needs to do.

Anyone here watch The Santa Clarita Diet?

The husband character in it, Joel, is basically Jerry but without a Rick to bail him out/for him to fall back on. He's well-meaning, passive-aggressive, earnest, milquetoast, largely pathetic guy but he has that queerly compelling mixture of hidden sadness and anger that distinguishes Jerry from most TV dads of that make

And there are these two scenes early on that made me go from "this guy is kind of like Jerry" to "this guy pretty much is Jerry"

1) While they're trying to dispose of half off a body , Joel and his wife-turned zombie, Sheila are caught in the act by a passing motorist. Unable to hide the body quick enough, Joel tries to get Sheila to act casual when the car stops in front of them. Through gritted teeth, his wife mutters that it isn't working. Desperate, Joel rushes the driver of the car with his shovel, assumedly to get rid of the witness, but his act of marital protectiveness is deflated when he finds out that it's actually his daughter who had borrowed a neighbor's car to track them using their phones when they didn't come home after dark

2) Following an uncomfortable and humiliating encounter at a morgue where they had to pretend to be necrophiliacs, Joel and Sheila sit down with a sawed off foot (a whole body would've cost them $5,000) to hopefully solve the problem of her newfound and exclusive craving for human flesh since eating raw livestock isn't doing it for her anymore. She can't keep it down, partially because of the preservative chemicals, but mostly because it isn't "fresh" all while Joel is loudly insisting that she "eat the foot" with increasing intensity; framed in such a way that it looks like he's the bad guy in the situation.

Point being, it's possible for a character like Jerry to function without Rick, Morty, Summer, or Beth. He just needs other characters and a desperately absurd enough situation to bounce off of.

What if shit eating Rick is dead?

>Everyone talking about how Jerry's going to wallow in patheticness

Jerry's going to do fine. He's not suddenly going to become a playboy billionaire or anything, but he's going to be fine. Gonna a new job that he appreciates, get himself a modest but comfortable apartment, start remembering what it's like to live life without having to struggle to justify his presence every day. Jerry's gonna wake up one day and realize he's happy.

Beth and the family are screwed. They've metaphorically burned the boats on a life that Rick doesn't have complete control over. Rick is now the central figures in all of their lives, and Morty's the only one who has any idea of how fucked that is. They're gonna tear themselves apart at the seams trying to appease a man who couldn't find happiness with an entire planetary hive mind. Beth is going to be in shambles, Summer is going to keep building Rick up and ultimately be shattered when he breaks the pedestal, and the simmering resentment Morty has toward Rick is going to be brought to a boil.

>watching Santa Clarita Diet
>not just watching iZombie

actually when push comes to shove Jerry has been pretty heroic throughout the series.

He's a lot like michael scott from the office. he tries hard, but he's just not that bright.

Beth and Jerry in general are both the most unlikable characters on the show. Jerry is a passive aggressive loser but Beth is a stuck-up womanchild with a superiority complex. They're kinda perfect for each other in a way.

They'll probably end up back together by the end of the season if we're being completely honest:

Obviously he's going to be brought back as an antagonist. Don't know how or when, but with the council and the federation gone it seems like the only logical choice. It's the old "nerdy/pathetic guy breaks and becomes evil" arc.

this famalam
How did Santa Clarita diet even get made? It's like izombie but with all of the icky risk factors removed to make it Maerican friendly e.g. only PoC characters are a couple, SUBURBIAAAAA etc
But then... all that gore and sex, so it couldn't even be on a mainstream tv slot anyway

>TFW he'll never go on an adventure with Rick again won't be able to visit Jerryboree anymore...

It genuinely sound like she did.

>shot Mr. Poopybutthole
>possibly murdered Jerry

Beth is a menace to everyone

>They'll probably end up back together by the end of the season if we're being completely honest:

I could see the Season Finale having Beth come to the realization that her life, in a hard to define way, was actually better with Jerry in it, and going to him to take him back. Only to find out that he's started dating again.

>"I actually forgot how easy it could be, you know?"

And then there's some bit about how his new girlfriend appreciates his Star Wars collectible coins.

That's just a plot device to make you feel and want more for the shitty heateable secondary characters. Just like everything in Kick Buttowski.
Don't fall for it, user. It's the basic of basic emotional manipulation. You'd have to be a complete willing doormat to fall for such a thing.
I've seen "redeemed" horrible character a million times, they're never good.

It was an april fools episode, it isn't canon

hi red.dit

>april fools meme
Yeah. Uh huh. Makes sense, taking the effort to animate a whole episode that won't be canon, fabricating the story of ricks escape twice since they have to make another episode, making TWO previews for the next episode one of which came out months ago, pissing off every fan of the show for pulling off such a stupid fucking stunt, just a bad business move in general.
Yeah, it was a prank. Makes complete sense.

There was so much wrong with the episode, it was obviously just a joke

Nah, i've gotten enough laughs out of him that he has value to me on the show.

They definitely had to do something with their marriage though, couldn't just be on the brink of divorce forever.

Kek

?

Yeah, there was. But that doesn't mean it's an april fools joke. Just accept that they screwed up and we'll get some decent episodes in the future. For all the hate it's been getting, the new pickle rick episode looks kinda good.

Unhappy. Chris Parnell pulls double-duty as a source of milquetoast tragicomedy and the show's straight-man.

lol

Beth didn't divorce him, Herry divorced her, weren't you listening?

That and you notice the only Jerry to never meet Beth in the comics ended up being more powerful than any Rick in the series.

??

All around it was a strange episode, some much fucking happened, to a ridiculous extent.
Everything was resolved in one episode, where are they going to go from here, everything that could have happened happened in one episode

>I would. He isn't relatable at all. If I wanna self insert then that's what Rick is for

jesus fucking christ. This is why most Rick and Morty fans are faggots that belong on reddit.

I dont see it... Don't remember much the scene

they are going to drop him off at the daycare?

They will probably just revert to their original formula of relatively self-contained adventures...

Wait, did you actually expect R&M to launch into a grandiose narrative spanning the entire third season?

Nah but it should've taken at least 2 episodes for all this to happen

Jerry and Beth end up together in that alternate universe thing where Jerry is famous and is fucking Kristen Stewart. Jerry and Beth end up together in the Cronenberg universe despite the odds. Jerry and Beth's mythologs end up together. They're destined to be each other. Face it. Jerry is permanent member of the cast.

>Yfw near the end of the season Morty calls Beth out on her self-loathing bullshit

1). Jerry will join evil Morty for revenge..Or
2). Jerry moves in with Derp-Rick and Evil Morty recruits both of them as side kicks.

Jerry should start dating a black woman. That way if Beth comes around and tries to be a bitch to him about not taking her back he can call her racist.

Morticia When?

All these assumptions.

A ton of awesome things happened in the episode; visually, character-wise, and in terms of storytelling. Expectations were blown up. It was a great episode.

Based on that, the only assumption I'm willing to make is that we're in for a great season.

never sorry

What do you want to see happen in season 3 big boy?

It's hard for me to see morticia as a female version of Morty and not just Morty with different hair and clothes.

Fuck you, Mortica soon!

I would call Rick enfant terrible, destroying the false order in Jerry's house. Without him the show would be similar to Living Dead. It's very harsh satire on contemporary society, especially American society.

>Last episode
>Rick kills Doofus Rick
>Jerry, enraged, snaps Rick in half like a twig
>Everyone starts screaming in reaction
>Cuts to black after a few seconds
>This is the last scene of the entire series

That's quite disgusting t b h

That's what my parents said about me

I just want to see Rick wreck Tammy quite hard.

During the inevitable Pocket Mortys episode

They also made a free, good game to promote the show. Comparatively, making a gag episode seems simple.

Ahahaha no. *fires lazer and boom* The End.
Anyone who gets their power out of stupidity/anger deserves an endless roach death.