Horror Movie Thread

Someone recommended this in yesterday's "modern horror movies" thread.

It was nice, but ultimately relied too much on jumpscares. Very little real suspense. The ending was braindead retarded & didn't explain anything. Was the Jewish police officer working with the Christian cult? If not, why did he shoot her after she killed Joe? How the fuck did she even kill them in so many different places? Why wouldn't they just run away towards their car? Seriously, what was wrong with the old Jew policeman? It just makes me angry how they expect us to believe that everyone else was retarded just because she was seeing ghosts.

Yea the jumpscares were really lackluster and the suspense was non-existent for me, i saw the ending coming from a mile away.

It Comes At Night is the best horror movie of our time.

The Jew was who killed her Padre.

>people will think it is trolling
>it's literally The Thing of our times and it will take plebs decades to get it, all because of bad marketing
>mfw movie advertisers and trailer producers

> yep it's a monster the whole time! just like i thought! just like the trailer showed! just like the protagonists thought! wew

Baskin-Robbins is better.

>>it's literally The Thing of our times and it will take plebs decades to get it, all because of bad marketing

I want to kill you in real life for this.

I think you got it confused with It Follows.

You mean the teenage nigger-bull who probably cucked his own father was a monster?

That's right!

/thread

i just read the plot on wikipedia and it's complete shit. Nothing happens lol

As a black man, I found Get Out to be extremely scary.

Probably a joke but you're actually right.

Look up "Nothing is scarier" on TV Tropes

Best horror I've seen released since 2000
(note: I mean good movies, not necessarily "scary")
(note: order uncorrelated to quality)
(note: never watch sequels, if they exist)
Triangle
The Broken
Evil Dead Remake
The Babadook
Drag Me to Hell
It Comes at Night
The Mist
28 Days Later
Session 9
Wrong Turn
[Rec]
The Descent

Favorite horror movie of all time (fight me irl): John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness

Hard for horror movies to rise above 6/10 IMO. We're long gone from the era where top directors take a top story and make a top movie. The 80s slasher era basically ruined horror movies.

Thanks for the review.

Never heard of this movie.
Op...I like movies that involve possession,like demon shit.
Christian lore horror.
Any suggestions?

Pic related.

I never see anyone talk about this movie, but it's easily the best modern horror movie I've seen. Better than It Follows, It Comes at Night, The Witch etc (although I liked all of those). Just really fucking good, it reminded me a lot of Zulawski's Possession and Polanski's Repulsion. Another 2 films I consider modern horror classics are The Evil Within and A Dark Song.

here is a brain teaser for you: Would you even remember a truly scary movie? Your brain would make you forget it

for me the excorcism of emily rose still holds a special kind of dread.
There is a weird subset of movies though that I dont even want to watch to the end like 'The Babadook'. I get it, it's scary but it's uncomfortable. Idk man.

The last movie that really just scared me in a good way continuously was the first Insidious movie

Oh and 2 other modern horror classics I forgot to mention: Berberian Sound Studio and The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

The Skeleton Key (2005) is a super scary movie

Prince of Darkness

why do people like you have to exist, just go away. Some retard like you recommended this utter shit movie and i actually sort of almost watched it for 30min. Wth seriously, absolute trash tier motel room garbage

>t. Paranormal Activity fan

Its a fucking drama movie you fucking fuck!
That said its a pretty good drama movie

>Triangle
Agree, but worse than Timecrimes.
>The Broken
Meh.
>Evil Dead Remake
Nope.
>The Babadook
Agree.
>Drag Me to Hell
Nope.
>It Comes at Night
Nope.
>The Mist
Comfy, but predictable (except for the good if a bit retarded plot twist at the end).
>28 Days Later
Agree.
>Session 9
The most horrible thing about this "horror" is how horribly effective it is at putting you to sleep.
>Wrong Turn
What's good about this?
>[Rec]
Overrated because it's Spanish. Everything predictable until the end.
>The Descent
A shit version of Pandorum.

Not great horror movie but also not a bad one. Love that twist tho

Anyone seen this shit yet on Netflix? It literally has a cuckcold subplot. It could have been good but its just shit

Is this about skeletons?

>agreed with the worst films on that list
Kill yourself my man

Kill yourself you pathetic soyboy numale cuck.

I honestly think A Dark Song was the best film I got out of lurking on Sup Forums so I'll follow your advice sir

If you like Babadook you're a misogynistic piece of shit.

Women left to their own devices are horrible creatures, though.

t. son of a single mother

Will look into the,thank you.
Also kinda like paranormal activity movies.
First horror movie I saw was a Friday the 13th, then I saw the Exorcist.
Exorcist seemed "real" to me. As if a giant fella with a machete was something that can be done to with vs the devil.
If a fella tried to kill someone I care about,I can(I hope) kill him. But if the devil possessed her,what do?
in before no devil,some of you believe in star wars,this is a horror thread.

Redditor

This. That's why Babadook is pure kino horror.

Only pussies get scared by horror LMAO

Is Thelma defined as a horror film? Should I watch it?

I wouldn't consider it a horror film but watch it, it's amazing.

My favorites of recent memory are
>Oculus
I was surprised how much I liked this
>Don’t Breathe
(probably doesn’t qualify) more of a thriller
>Evil Dead (2013)
This is probably my favorite horror movie of the 2010s and possibly 2000s as well.
>The VVitch
This is always a polarizing one but to me it’s not only creepy but one of the better movies I’ve seen in a while
>The Void
Pretty neat, could be better.
>The House of the Devil
I highly recommend this. They captured the 80s aesthetic long before it got overhyped and they did it way better.
>The Babadook
Pretty good for general scariness. Overall movie is pretty meh.

I have a lot still on my horror watch list since I moved. Used to watch 1 a week with my friend ;_;
Is torrenting still good? Haven’t done it since KAT and TPB got slammed.

comfy and great and underrated/unknown

His radio voice was so damn comfy

Fuck whoever recommended that movie and The Void, both totally kil my movie nights. I no longer take recs posted here unless I do due diligence as we say in my business. Absolutely shit horror anons, avoid.

>>The VVitch
>actually writing it the soy-way
The V stands for Vagina (muh empowerment)

blackcoats daughter is top tier. a dark song is as well. those 2 and kill list are my top 3 of recentish memory.

No House of the Devil. Dropped through a trap door.

Who's that?

No need to be rude buddy, we're all friends here. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean nobody else will, huh?

I actually don’t know which is the correct way. I’m just going off posters

What old movie in the last few decades came out that had a tiny voodoo doll that was stabbing everything to death?

I can't remember its name

>emma roberts

that's fucking gross, cunt. She looks like ke$ha

*smokes weed*

>>actually writing it the soy-way
>soy-way
Yet another insult has lost all meaning.

Only soyboy cucks say that soyboy and cuck lost their meaning.

I don’t do drugs and Like half of those aren’t horror though. Your meme is bad

Babadook & It Follows have jump scares though (but good ones)

>The Conjuring
What? It's a mainstream horror film that's full of jumpscares. It really doesn't fit in with the rest of your chart.
>The Cabin in the Woods
It's a mainstream horror comedy that predates the current indie horror trend.
>Split
It's more of a thriller than a horror film.

Cuck still has meaning, soyboy has lost all meaning and it's just a dumber version of numale.

>Berberian Sound Studio
>The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
>The Evil Within
>A Dark Song
10/10 horror patrician. I haven't seen The Blackcoat's Daughter but I will check it out now since you seem to be the only person ITT with good taste.

yeah. the whole thing was just comfy: the movie. i watched it on a friday night after being tired from work, drinking a beer. was kino.

Soyboy cuck doesn't like that people make fun of his soy eating habit.

>le ebin no one heard of them so they must be good meme
Kys your life is a lie

/thread

>no one heard of them

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF THIS BOARD

Soy tastes like shit. I'm just pointing out that you dumb memers have once again spammed an insult to death.

Stick to capeshit

t. triggered soyboy feminist male ally cuckold

I don’t want gook flukes

>there will never be a horror movie as good as Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3

Damn...

I'll take your word mostly because anyone that responds to a bunch of posts is an asshole child.

well you're a pleb then. it's one of the most astounding films ever

I will. My favorite capeshit is
>Super
>The Tick
>Captain Planet
>The Incredibles
>Hitchcock
This is good right? A-am i patrician now? I hate all modern capeshit r-right? These are much better. Please respect me. I’m anonymous. My feet hurt

Again. kys.

Kill yourself, soyboy cuck

no u. Only Jews make good movies

>likes nothing.
typical movie critic cancer ruining this site.

Go watch Jacob's Ladder.

>Oculus
That is a very good movie.
If any of you are old enough to drive,when stuck in traffic you will think about this movie and feel bad.
You will insert yourself in this movie.
OCULUS

I was surprised since it came out of WWE studios.

>Hitchcock
What?

I mean Hancock. I always get my kinos confused

just watched it, too artshouse tier, too little plot and too many timejumps. I actually fast forwarded through some parts but then I got confused and thought I must have missed some of the plot but wikipedia says that I got it all.

The Beyond, Blood and Black Lace, Suspiria and Zombi are all much better than the Silent Hill games.
> I actually fast forwarded through some parts but then I got confused and thought I must have missed some of the plot but wikipedia says that I got it all
Wow this is embarrassing.

I do this too. Whenever I watch my horror I actually keep a timer on my coffee table and keep track of how much time surprasses between jump scares. If too much time elapses (roughly 5 minutes) I just fast forward. If I have to fast forward at the highest setting for more than a 10 seconds (strictly timed). I just read the plot on Wikipedia. Usually if I get to that point though I find myself not even able to get through the Wikipedia article because reading is more boring than movies. So reading about a boring movie is doubly boring.

Top tier bait.

All the movies you listed are trash.

the rite
the blackcoat's daughter
the exorcism of emily rose

for christian lore but without possession check out the witch and a dark song.

But Jacob's Ladder is a masterpiece and probably one of the five best horror movies ever made.

Silent Hill is trash that ripped it off badly (among other things)

Typical tasteless Sup Forumsirgin. Stick to video games and capeshit, pleb.

Shit taste AND the formatting of a faggot! You could be a ""professional movie critic"""

Why do so many gamers think Silent Hill is an un-matchable work of art? It's just Jacob's Ladder and a bunch of horror cliches thrown into a blender. It didn't do anything new.

AVOID soy horror at all cost (aka shitty dramas marketed as horror movies)
>the witch
>the void
>it comes at night
Fucking lol at those directors and producers LITERALLY tricking people into watching sub par drama

The Void wasn't a soy drama though, it had real monsters and cultists.

>The Void
>drama
What? The problem with The Void is it's cliched horror. It rips off John Carpenter and H.P. Lovecraft without doing anything particularly interesting or new.

Since we are talking about horror movies and you guy know your stuff, does anybody remember this movie: is set in a London or a similar place , is about a female journalist that is stalked by a gang of shapeshipting demons.
Do you know what movie that is? Thanks in advance.

Boku no Pico

Oh please. I bet you’ve never seen
The Haunted Castle (1897)
Frankenstein (1910)
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
The Golem (1920)
The Phantom Carriage (1921)
Nosferatu (1922)

Go watch these. You may escape pleb tier and realize that Paranormal Activity is actually the greatest horror franchise ever created.