APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

please Sup Forums, how can anybody hate cavil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU
youtu.be/UD3byJxc9Vc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not Cavill that's hated. It's the guy in charge of DCEU's big superhero team that is hated..

I like the snyder suit. The traditional supes doesnt translate to real life well

Even when Reeve did it

>Implying this photo doesn't look great
You have shit taste user

Why is there no colour version of this picture yet?

Did Snyder do all his test shooting in greyscale to see if they would translate well to his shit-tier colour grading and lack of lighting?

No hate. The guy is a wasted potential as an apathetic superman since he's pretty charismatic .

I met the guy in a pub once and he's really cool, he said he wants to do a more classic version of the character when it fits the story, hopefully this is JL

Man of Balding

No him but not it doesn't the S looks like fucking paper.

Fucking this. Cavill would actually do great as an upstanding and inspirational Superman, but they have him mope and angst instead.

Oh fuck off you guys, Cavill's Superman is already inspirational.

Cavill is fine. He's more a victim than any of us. He deserved a better director this entire time.

Nice digits. Unfortunately, I disagree. My biggest gripe of the DCEU is how inspirational it is. Inspiration is what I've been starving for. I feel I've been lost in an inspiration desert and even the tiniest drop of inspiration would provide the relief of an ocean wave hitting me. Alas, my search for a drop continues.

>Did Snyder do all his test shooting in greyscale to see if they would translate well to his shit-tier colour grading and lack of lighting?

Zack "the hack" "I'd have Batman done in the back" Snyder is god and you just don't understand how ugly as fuck blue lighting makes these movies kino.

>My biggest gripe of the DCEU is how uninspirational it is.
Corrected.

>blue lighting

Cavill is told to act like a retard - it's Snyder the faggot who is the problem.

He mopes for a single scene in BvS when he says "the S used to mean hope" and then he fucking has some meditation and gets over it. Where do you gets get these hyperbolic ideas into your head? Please show me how saving the world twice, being ready to sacrifice your life without a moment's hesitation twice, and believing in the best in everyone isn't inspirational?

Or have you guys fallen for the memes?

>herp derp he acts like a retard!
Man, your analysis and vocabulary are astounding user.

I don't hate Cavill. I think he's great for the part.

I feel bad that he's saddled with terrible script writers and a director that doesn't get the source material.

I liked MoS a lot and BvS to a certain extent, but he doesn't seem to actually enjoy doing any of this, I understand him needing to be serious when fighting Zod or Doomsday, but he barely cracked a smile during either film unless he was with Lois

>Please show me how saving the world twice, being ready to sacrifice your life without a moment's hesitation twice, and believing in the best in everyone isn't inspirational?
Conceptually it should all work.It's amazing how Snyder's dreary suffocating execution and tone makes each instance fail to do.

>doesnt get the source material

idk how you can say that in any good conscious. Yeah goyer is sloppy at some scenes, but generally MoS and BvS were fine movies that key into the source material in ways ive never seen comicbook movies do before.

MoS main theme comes right out of Secret Identity, with the whole avoiding the government and be wary of the world's reaction to Superman, but still never giving up and trying to find a way to do the right thing.

They steal scenes and characters right out of Birthright, Peace on Earth, Byrne's Man of Steel, and more. Calling Zod's ship Black Zero is a super obscure reference to a superman villain, AND they use the title of the issue he appeared in IN the dialogue and character motivation of Zod.

They set up all these plot threads knowing they are creating a single cohesive universe (showing Kandor already being blown up on the moon, setting up the Doomsday genetic protocol in BvS in the special features of Man of Steel dvd, already having Barry come back in time to divert the bad timeline ala CoIE).

Its comic booky as fuck.

Stay mad that you don't have reading comprehension of Cavill being innocent in this ordeal and that it's Snyder who is the disgusting saboteur of the DCEU.

>but he doesn't seem to actually enjoy doing any of this, I understand him needing to be serious when fighting Zod or Doomsday, but he barely cracked a smile during either film unless he was with Lois

I never understand this complaint. Why does someone have to smile when they are saving people to signify they enjoy it? Most firefighters and cops do not smile when they do their job but they are sure as shit happy they do it (and he does smile when saving the girl from the fire, its just gone when people start treating him like a god).

Superman enjoying his work should be more than evident from the fact that he does it all the time of his volition, no one ever having told him he has to, that he has been doing it for two years uninterrupted, that he keeps doing it no matter what, no matter how many people start hating on him. Sure he has a single crisis of faith but he is still a man, that is the entire point of the movie, and he gets over it.

Like jesus christ, if you get this fucking triggered because he didnt smile enough, if you cant look at a man's actions and judge them outside of the memes of "HE SHOULD SMILE BECAUSE I SAID SO" then you just arent superman fans im sorry

No, MoS was a fine movie, BvS was a piece of shit.

Keep enlightening us with your backed-up, 100% unbias analysis of the situation user.

BvS was great, but I guess you dont read comics.

He was smiling when he saved that mexican girl from the fire, then the crowd made it weird by getting all touchy and religious and shit, which he was not comfortable with in the slightest. That's the thing, he's fine saving people, but the way everyone's reacting is making him nervous.

Fair point, you are right that he doesn't really 'mope' through the entirety of either film, but as per >but he barely cracked a smile during either film unless he was with Lois

not only didn't he not seem to be enjoying himself (and I've been watching some JLU and Fleischer serials lately, plus the new JL Action, and he's not necessarily smiling in every scene, particularly the action ones - but those versions of Superman do smile, Routh, Reeves, Reeve, even the guy who just did the original B&Ws also smiled. Welling constantly smiled. They also certainly had their moments when they inspired either other heroes or the civilian population.

In MoS there is very little of this (inspiration, hope) and it's practically non-existent in BvS, except for two short non-speaking scenes, one of which is a memorial so it goes back to the nasty crack Batman once made: 'You haven't inspired anyone since you were dead.'

>Entire premise is predicated on Batman and Superman fucking hating each other
>"Our mums share the same name"
>"Oh shit we're best buds now"

Yea, great film there.

Agreed. If you don't like BvS, just fuck off back to Sup Forums and end yourself. This board is for real comic book fans.

I like curly hair on Supes.

>thats how you interpreted it

Superman never hates Batman in the movie. The premises is based on Batman irrationally hating Superman. He gets told by Flash from the future that Lois is the key. Superman, someone he thinks is a crazed alien god that could snap at any moment, mentions his moms name. Batman doesnt stop, he actually starts choking Superman out at that moment and wants to know why he knows his mom's fucking name all of a sudden. Then Lois, whome he was told about earlier in a vision, comes and explains and shows that Superman has a human gf, and has a human mom, and has human connections. Batman realizes he was the crazed one, that he let himself get consumed by his crusade due to guilt felt by the death of robin, his parents, etc.

And its not like they are really best buds, they crack a single joke, trust each other enough to save the world, and Superman dies as an inspiration to Batman and WW.

I don't hate Cavil, he'd be the perfect superman outside of the edgemancer vision of Synder.

youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU
I don't get how anyone can watch this scene and think Snyder or the writers are trying to portray Superman as a Jesus figure. THEY LITERALLY FUCKING STATE OUTRIGHT:
>"The fact is, maybe he's not some sort of devil or Jesus character, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing."
THAT CANNOT GET ANYMORE IN YOUR FACE.

user, write as many walls as you'd like. It won't change the fact that this Superman was shown doing the same things other live action, cartoon, or book Supermans have done that filled me with joy, inspiration, and put a smile on my face. This version though nothing but a scowl. So you tell me, if the character is the same, and the actions are the same, why does it work everywhere but in the DCEU for me?

>>>/reddit/

>So you tell me, if the character is the same, and the actions are the same, why does it work everywhere but in the DCEU for me?
The world around him is treating him differently than the other versions.

Because in the DCEU, people are politicizing the fuck out of his actions, like they would in the real world, instead of being grateful like the citizens of the DCU normally are. Therefore, since everyone is basically becoming frothed at the mouth over his existence, Superman's becoming more and more troubled by it.

>In MoS there is very little of this (inspiration, hope) and it's practically non-existent in BvS, except for two short non-speaking scenes, one of which is a memorial so it goes back to the nasty crack Batman once made: 'You haven't inspired anyone since you were dead.'

So you are letting out of universe knowledge somehow ruin this for you? Thats retarded.

Also there is plenty of hope and inspiration in both movies. Like for fucks sake. The first thing Superman does as Superman in MoS is turn himself over, having hope that Zod will leave his people alone. He lets himself be taken in and arrested, letting humans approach him.

He saves the entire world WITH the help of the government, how is that not inspiring to humanity? All he does before being Superman is save people. How is THAT not inspirational?

He even finds a way to save the lives of all but one of the kryptonians that invaded, when the humans would have rather killed them all.

In BvS he is literally so inspirational that he triggers Lex and Batman, and even then he manages to inspire Batman out of his triggered craziness AND inspires WW to come back out of retirement.

You are just seeing what you want to see. The whole montage of Superman saving people was inspirational. The idea that Superman had so much faith in humanity that he didnt even both to look for bombs at the senate building displays tones of hope on Superman's side. Its just that Lex took advantage of it.

i know at this point that if you don't like bvs, you're a disney shill. only explanation.

not liking it is fine, but to say its flat out shit is just fucking stupid and hyperbolic.

>In BvS he is literally so inspirational that he triggers Lex and Batman, and even then he manages to inspire Batman out of his triggered craziness AND inspires WW to come back out of retirement.
this literally never happened. you hallucinated it. this is disturbing honestly.

He may be but Affleck wins the victim Olympics. Once he signed up with the DCEU his whole world fell like a house of cards.

How did that not happen? He comes out and Lex and Batman can't stand that half the world are praising Superman as Super Christ. They both are determined to expose him as a fraud. How did you not get this?

He still cant act for shit

>you hallucinated the actual plot of the film

are you retarded?

Lol. Okay.

Absolutely. Fuck Snyder haters. Bunch of fucking retards. I'm so sick of having to defend a great work of art. It's the greatest superhero film of all time and people still shit on it.

This meme needs to stop. Unless you're talking about gadot.

Unrelated question:
Anybody else here can only use the catalog?
Page one just froze days ago

I honestly think the Superman from the Supergirl show is better than the DCEU one.

You got shit taste. He was weak as fuck. If you care that much about cutesy presentation over content then just go stare at some pretty colors.

I honestly forget the pages exist sometimes, I only use the catalog.

CW Superman seems like such a caricature of what people think Superman "should" be.

He's a poor imitation of Christopher Reeve, and a manlet compared to his universe's Jimmy Olsen.

He's shorter than Jimmy. Think about that for a minute.

>CW Superman seems like such a caricature of what people think Superman "should" be.

This so much. That incinerate line triggered me so hard on Supergirl, but no one gave a shit.

Based Hiro keeping the normies out.

>so inspirational that he triggers Lex and Batman
What triggered Batman is when he watches Superman's fight kill his friends and employees. What triggered Lex was his own insanity. Neither of their reasons for wanting to fuck up Superman have anything to do with "INSPURATION"

> even then he manages to inspire Batman out of his triggered craziness
No, that was when their mothers had the same name LMAO nothing to do with 'INSPURATION"

> inspires WW to come back out of retirement.
WW came out of retirement to fuck up the giant monster killing everyone

mass delusion. this is so fucking sad. i just feel bad for you because your cognitive dissonance is so strong you have to warp reality inside your head to make sense of your views.

Straw Man

Super-Butt looks so lame in comparison.

>What triggered Lex was his own insanity.
What? He doesnt go insane until the end when he learns of Darkseid. He literally is just triggered because people think Superman is a god. He says as much during the rooftop speech. He wants to prove Superman is not all good and all powerful. Thats it. Just like all iterations of Lex, he is triggered that Superman is more powerful than he is and more virtuous.

And Batman just literally cant believe Superman is as good as he pretends to be. Yeah the people dying was part of it, but his self deluded motivation is that Superman could turn at any moment and become an evil dictator, that he isnt the hero everyone thinks he is.
>No, that was when their mothers had the same name LMAO nothing to do with 'INSPURATION"
No, when Superman says the Martha thing Batman just chokes him with his foot. Its not until Lois comes (who Flash had told him about previously) and explains/demonstrates that Superman is human with human connections does Batman realize the whole premise of his hate on Superman was flawed. Superman never wanted to be a supergod or a dictator, he just wants to do good, like Batman wanted to do.

Its the fact that Superman's supposed dying moments are him begging for Batman to save an innocent life (which he doesnt realize until Lois comes) that helps turn him around. And then his final sacrifice at the end shows Batman that men can still be good. Literally so inspirational he flips batman back to good and motivates him to start the JL.
>WW came out of retirement to fuck up the giant monster killing everyone

Because Superman's presence made her believe in man again. If Superman never existed she would never have been to metropolis or fought Doomsday.

>I didnt understand the movie, the post.

People like you make me weep. You are so convinced you are right, while being so so wrong.

AAA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

yeah, look at that lush hair

People don't hate him, he's not the problem.

>not only didn't he not seem to be enjoying himself
Source?

>Because Superman's presence made her believe in man again. If Superman never existed she would never have been to metropolis or fought Doomsday.
You made this up. The rest of your post just proves my point because it has nothing to do with Superman's inspiration ability.

Nice lack of an argument.

Maybe one day you'll open your eyes and see the mental gymnastics you're doing.

Probably not. Stay sad, losers.

> The rest of your post just proves my point because it has nothing to do with Superman's inspiration ability.

What? But it does. Prove that it doesnt.

Johns deserved all the hate he gets

>losers, losers, losers!
>only address a single point in the response post
>I WON I WON I WON

why are Snyder haters so pathetic?

I think this might count as heresy

It looks good for us, we grew up with that. It's iconic, it doesn't mean that user isn't right.

there's literally nothing there. so sad that you can't see past your hallucinations. the mental gymnastics is crazy here.

I don't hate Jackie Chan but he has been in some stinkers

You have no idea what apathetic means you uncultured pleb

>Insults others
>Gets upset when insulted

Okay.

no one insulted you, they just said you were wrong, which you are.

youtu.be/UD3byJxc9Vc

This is the idiot you're defending. Try squaring that circle.

Sonic arms are NOT blue

Prove how this is wrong

>What triggered Lex was his own insanity.
What? He doesnt go insane until the end when he learns of Darkseid. He literally is just triggered because people think Superman is a god. He says as much during the rooftop speech. He wants to prove Superman is not all good and all powerful. Thats it. Just like all iterations of Lex, he is triggered that Superman is more powerful than he is and more virtuous.

And Batman just literally cant believe Superman is as good as he pretends to be. Yeah the people dying was part of it, but his self deluded motivation is that Superman could turn at any moment and become an evil dictator, that he isnt the hero everyone thinks he is.
>No, that was when their mothers had the same name LMAO nothing to do with 'INSPURATION"
No, when Superman says the Martha thing Batman just chokes him with his foot. Its not until Lois comes (who Flash had told him about previously) and explains/demonstrates that Superman is human with human connections does Batman realize the whole premise of his hate on Superman was flawed. Superman never wanted to be a supergod or a dictator, he just wants to do good, like Batman wanted to do.

Its the fact that Superman's supposed dying moments are him begging for Batman to save an innocent life (which he doesnt realize until Lois comes) that helps turn him around. And then his final sacrifice at the end shows Batman that men can still be good. Literally so inspirational he flips batman back to good and motivates him to start the JL.

Go on. Prove it.

>he was inspired by Star Wars
oh no, that devil!!

Its always so sad that people hate to resort to "LOOK HE TALKS DUMB" and cant just stick to the actual content they are trying to criticize.

It was nothing like the comics. It took things from miller's tdk without the context, perverted it with some original content, and placed them on the screen without any real payoff just like MOS did with All Star and Birthright. Both films blue balled fans of the comics.

I'm so tired of manchildren crying not muh

>LOOK HE TALKS DUMB
I didn't say that. But I'm glad you agree.

I'm tired of Sup Forums defending Snyder films because muh kino.

Nah, thats where you are wrong.

First off, the scene BvS used from Peace on Earth had almost the same context in the book, Superman saves a girl from a fire and even smiles while doing it.

The scene from Birthright used in MoS, where Pa Kent tells Superman that he IS his son, also basically the same context.

Hell, even the death of Zod, while shown differently than it was in Byrne's MoS, has the same emotional impact and arc leading up to it as it did in Byrne's.

You even got Black Zero being the name of Zod's ship, a reference to Black Zero from the "The Man Who Destroyed Krypton" story written by Otto Binder (and Zod even says Kal-El is destroying krypton by killing him).

In BvS Snyder takes direct scenes from DKR and flips them around, a full 180, in meaning. Very intentionally. The Batman vs Superman fight is completely reversed in meaning, Batman is the reactionary stooge and protector of the status quo, while Superman was the one inspiring change in the world around him (while its reversed in the comics). In the comic, Batman "dies" to create a force that overthrows the current status quo, while in BvS Superman "dies" leading Batman to create a force that protects the status quo.

Those parts are done intentionally flipped around in BvS because while DKR was a deconstruction, BvS was a reconstruction.

Heck, we even got Flash coming back from the bad future to prevent it. Its the most comic booky thing ive seen, and a straight homage to CoIE.

nah, I'm Sup Forums through and through, but I love the Snyder films. Dont make up a Sup Forums boogieman like a baby.

>Don't make up boogiemans
>btw if you don't like this film you're obviously a disney shill :^)

Okay.

let me guess
>you have a shitty beard
>you're single
>you're retarded
don't worry about confirming the last one. we already know it's true.

I never said the disney shill stuff man, you are getting paranoid.

>watch DC movies with gf
>she gets bored pretty easily
>watch marvel movies with gf
>she laughs a lot and actually pays attention

I tried watching the DC movies alone for a second time but to be honest it feels like a burden, I can't get past Snyder's hard on for Jesus and biblical references.

No beard, I have a GF and we live together, and I at least have a college degree from a four year school.

He's awful as Clark Kent. He's much too handsome, confident, and ripped to pull off the shy, nervous farmboy. Clark is the most interesting part of Superman, since he's this all powerful alien that can do literally anything, but struggles in his human capacity.

>can't get past Snyder's hard on for Jesus

there is literally one in all of MoS, and its in the church. There are only two in BvS, the christ air shot and his death.

If you can watch the donner movies those were MEANT to be christ references from the start
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
Many have noted the examples of apparent Christian symbolism. Donner, Tom Mankiewicz and Ilya Salkind have commented on the use of Christian references to discuss the themes of Superman. Mankiewicz deliberately fostered analogies with Jor-El (God) and Kal-El (Jesus). Donner is somewhat skeptical of Mankiewicz' actions, joking "I got enough death threats because of that."

Several concepts and items of imagery have been used in Biblical comparisons. Jor-El casts out General Zod from Krypton, a parallel to the casting out of Satan from Heaven. The spacecraft that brings Kal-El to Earth is in the form of a star (Star of Bethlehem). Kal-El comes to Jonathan and Martha Kent, who are unable to have children. Martha Kent states, "All these years how we've prayed and prayed that the good Lord would see fit to give us a child," which was compared to the Virgin Mary.

Just as little is known about Jesus during his middle years, Clark travels into the wilderness to find out who he is and what he has to do. Jor-El says, "Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you, my only son." The theme resembles the Biblical account of God sending his only son Jesus to Earth in hope for the good of mankind. More were seen when Donner was able to complete Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, featuring the fall, resurrection and his battle with evil. Another vision was that of The Creation of Adam.

was meant for

weird, my GF hates the marvel movies and really likes MoS (she hasnt seen BvS yet). But she is getting her masters in script writing so what does she know.

>Snyder haters have to resort to insulting people's looks
>cant actually discuss the content of the media they hate

sad!

Do you understand what context is? Birthright is not the same story as Snyder's Man of Steel. They in no way relate to each other. You pick up Peace On Earth or Birthright read them and then watch Man of Steel. They are in no way the same characters under the same circumstances. Do you not understand this? Even if certain lines and scenes are lifted from other materials it's still not the same story. Does anyone not get this?

Pa Kent can repeat the same line from Birthright but it does not make him the same character from that book. For example, Jor El's line 'You can save them all' is from All Star of course but the line from the book actually comes from Superman himself as he realizes Jonathan Kent is dying and he can't do anything about it. In MOS the line is spoken to Clark as a motivation to save Lois and Metropolis. They are very different stories.

Clark Kent is supposed to be handsome but Cavill's continuous receding hairline ruins it.