True Detective

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
youtube.com/watch?v=FMWQSU3Qs9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kino
Only thing I don't understand was how did the police find them in the end? Did Marty find a phone off-screen?

Umm.. Mart called those two black cops to get back up before he ran into Carcosa after Rusty

I mean are we going to see better television programming than this? Was this some of the best tv we're going to see?

This was the pinnacle of 21st century television so far. I hope we can get a season 3 with the same feel.

True Kino

Matthew Mcconaughey peaked here. I actually was impressed how he went from one of the worst actors ever, to this performance here. Amazing.

>I want rehashed shit!

No wonder you brainlets rejected season 2.

This and Mad Men are the pinnacle of TV for me, nothing else comes close.
Leftovers is probably a close 3rd but not even on the same level

People didn't like season two because it was awfully written and awfully directed. Only insecure faggots like you try to say that season two is underrated and the only reason why it was unsuccessful was because of muh dumb people.

>You know rust, despite our differences I must say, you turned out to be a True Detective.

Season 2 was hard edged nigger slaying anti-audience kino. The antidote to the capeshit sensibilities of season 1.

>m-m-m-muh dumb people! capeshit!

You have no arguments, just buzzwords. You have sub-par taste and you can't face it. Go watch your show and guzzle on your own vomit.

season 2 was dog shit. caspere knew this.

>capeshit sensibilities of season 1
Literally the worst taste of all humankind. Take your (You) and never come back

Season 2 was shit but so was Season 1. Redditors will try to tell you otherwise.

Vince posting was the only good thing to come from s2

dog eat dog i am the china

youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

i remember watching this scene for the first time, why was this show so good?

It was pure capeshit. Rust especially. Capeshit in the same way Walter White is capeshit. Rust even got a new superpower in every episode
>Now he's a cat burglar!
And I swear to God, the artistic IQ of the television medium was set back decades after that one take episode aired. It was like Kevin Finnerty ceased to exist in that very moment. And suddenly this great literary medium was reduced to a video game or the latest alfonso cuaron cheetodust flick.

Indeed. Indeed. It ruined television for me for a long time. Game of Thrones was "grandfathered" in with me waiting for it's ending, but that first season of True Detective almost turned me off of television. What was the point? It would never get that good again. Only recently have I been able to get back into TV.

I gave you your (You) already, do you really need any more?

>Reflexive accusations of bait when confronted with an uncomfortable truth
The calling card of the Sup Forums crossposter.

That episode sent so many fedoras a-tipping across the globe that I actually felt a change in the air. The self important one take. The piece de resistance of reddit sensibility film making. Pure masturbatory anti-artistic schlock.

Yeah, lets forget about the great achievements of television writing, lets throw the sopranos and deadwood in the trash and put on our heisenberg hats and quote rust because finally the r/movies "IMDB" sensibilities are being represented on television.

Bravo based pizza. Our literal Goy! Sorry about season 2. But now one of the new up and coming fedoracore directors is on season 3, perhaps the cheeto dust will flow yet again!

make an argument without using the words fedora, reddit, Sup Forums, imdb, masturbatory, goy or cheeto and I won't accuse you of baiting. Deal?

It's got to be one of the best gunfight scenes ever made. Black Hawk Down is for actual homosexual faggots.

I agree with him though. Rust was an interesting character but portrayed to be an unrealistic badass.
If he was a female you fagets would have called him a mary sue.

Rust was like the ultimate fantasy for all those capeshit-watching fedoras, how they would like to see themselves
>He's so smart and cool and other people hate him because he's the best and because he tells them what a bullshit religion is, fuck you mom I'm not going to church on Sunday! He's also stoic and quiet, but all the girls like him and never make fun of him, and when he was nine he was taught how to hunt. He now hunts serial killers but also is dark and probably can kill the bullies who fuck with him and call him an autistic nerd

,':^)

People don't hate him because he's the best it's because he's an insufferable asshole. So your already wrong from the start.

His what is already wrong from the start?

I didn't even bother with season 2.

His dumb greentext

He was nihilistic because his kid died, perfectly reasonable. Some people missed it but Marty is a perfect foil who calls out his shit.
>Can you see Texas from up on your high horse?

It's overrated because it appeals to sensibilities the juvenile fanboy crowd that make up much of the people who discuss television online. Terms like fedora, video game and cheetodust are part and parcel with the true detective season 1 audience. You know why so much time is spent describing the audience of true detective when it's criticized here? Because the show had no substance and was all about pandering.

i'm just here for my files, marty

marty sat down with the younger black detective and had a talk with him in a diner.
tells him whats up and whats at stake and to move his monkey ass when the phone rings

dick swagger XD

>He was nihilistic
Everything in this show is nihilistic. It doesn't matter what bullshit excuse Pizza came up with to write this blatant self-insert and have him spout degenerate bullshit, plagiarized from another author no less. Tthe overral tone and theme of the show remains the same.

>plagiarized from another author no less
???

Was that Yog-Sothoth?

Ligotti. Look it up newfag, it was all over Sup Forums at the time the show was running.

haha even woody made a joke at some award show on stage about the writing being plagiarised

True Detective was only noteworthy for raising the bar for the technical film making on television and for featuring A list actors giving serious performances. It's a good show purely for the merits of the above, but to hold it up as one of the best shows television has to offer when the power of this medium is so tied to the writing (an area in which True Detective was only "adequate") is to trivialize television.

This show could have been a long film. It does not play to the strengths of television as a medium.

>tfw related to rustin and it was interesting to see someone like that on television that i could relate to

Read Ligotti. You'll get Rusty too.

No thanks, I don't read trash literature.

Rust is a mary sue. The only flaw he has is that he's just too smart and jaded.

Flaws that only go to make him even cooler to the target audience of fedora wearing young men.

I was waiting for this scene to happen when he saw the portal
youtube.com/watch?v=FMWQSU3Qs9g

Humanity really was a mistake.

Yes, when I listen to reddit soyboys I tend to think like that. Read the Bible you poor pleb. God has more answers than any alcoholic hack author will ever have.

I'm allergic to soy.

>allergic
Modern males, everyone. You got your period yet you fucking fairy?

No. Should I speak with my vaginologist?

To being one of the worst actors ever again...

Nigga has potential he just really needs to pick the right projects.