"Rebels"

Why is it so important to the powers that be that the New Republic in the new films are still a de-facto terrorist cell? We all know that makes no sense, that they should be a new government and that they should be the ones making new giant ships and structures with the economy of the Galaxy behind them and not the First Order.

So why are (((they))) pushing the perspective that being a terrorist is good if you have absolute conviction that what you're fighting is "evil"?

>"I'm not a terrorist. I'm a patriot. And resistance is not terrorism."
--General Tandin

Can someone please explain this to me? Shouldn't the New Republic be the ruling power in the galaxy. at least the Inner Rim? Why are they acting like some sort of rebellion? Isn't the New Order, in essence, the rebellion? Why are they treated like the Empire?

Because then they'd be "The Man"

It's Antifa propaganda. It's not "just a movie"

the new republic has a ceasefire with the remnants of the empire and the resistance are a group of "freedom fighters" who continue the bloodshed anyway

i think

Several reasons, once is because this new trilogy had to be a carbon copy of the original, another is because the writers can't shoehorn their political feelings otherwise. They also need to pander to the mongoloid Star Wars fans, who want new, but recognizable merchandise from their favorite factions so they can burn heaps of cash. You're looking at this whole thing with a very infantile view.

Liberals don't want to acknowledge the fact that theyre the dominant power because its bad for their image as the underdog.

First order is an insert for right wing patriarchy

"Resistance" is an insert for progressives

You don't think there's an ulterior motive to make people relate to antifa?

The canonical history of the galaxy is being written to accommodate it resembling the GFFA circa the OT.

the french absolutely love the rebels

why is this

bump

New Republic in the new films is everything that Sheeve was right about. Rebels are Lei's private army. Look on her like on volunteers in Spanish civil war, while Britain looks toward to piece with Hitler.

Because they went full liberal back in 1789. In fact it's regarded as the moment when (((modern))) era begun.

>So why are (((they))) pushing the perspective that being a terrorist is good if you have absolute conviction that what you're fighting is "evil"?
Gee, I wonder.

Guilt complex for Algeria. And Vietcong. And Mali.

>this movie that came out well before antifa became popular and before the alt right became openly known as fascists is antifa propaganda
>meanwhile 99% of the US thinks antifa is as bad as literal nazis as do the propaganda outlets they get their info from
Your opinion is retarded

The empire is actually good. No one denies this.

Liberals don't want people to know they have a cultural monopoly, that they're the ones dictating our culture, so they hide behind the image of the eternal underdog. Something like mass immigration can only make sense to even the most naive of individuals if it is being presented by those who are perceived to be oppressed; presented by a dominant force, mass immigration is quickly revealed for the nightmare that it is. There is great, terrible power in victimhood.

I thought at the end of the rotj they were celebrating their victory over one battle as well as the rebalancing of the force with their new native allies, but there were still many many more stormtroopers and generals on other systems. Maybe it signified the point where the rebels could label themselves as a legitimate government but they would still have to liberate tatooine and everywhere else that the empire had colonized.
can someone educate me on the actual canon ending?

>can someone educate me on the actual canon ending?
weesa free

>meanwhile 99% of the US thinks antifa is as bad as literal nazis

This is true

>99% of the US thinks antifa

I guarantee that not even 50% of the US, or anyone else for that matter, even considers them a legit group. They are just another group of kids acting dumb and doing dumb shit; nobody with any sense pays much attention to that shit.

The destroyed remains of the second death star rain down on endor, causing the destruction of the planet and all life on it.

Palpatine send droids with his post-mortem orders which were extremely retarded and targeted for stupid shit like blowing up Naboo, not in keeping Empire in one piece. That helped Rebelion to gain more and more power, because no one wanted to be with Empire on full retard mode anymore.

>In fact it's regarded as the moment when (((modern))) era begun.
Uhhh

That's true, but all most people know is that they are willing to use violence, which to mainstream America is the most awful thing ever

Rebels destroyed largest pieces and others burned in the atmosphere.

I like your ending, it's putting my mind at ease for the TFA premise

So it still dumped its energy into the atmosphere? It doesn't make any goddamned difference if you break it all up.

what are you british?

So that they get the nostalgia money. That's the only reason the Empire is still around, too.

The modern era starts in the 15th or 16th century bruh.

nah man it starts at 0 ad when jesus went to the moon.

The Resistance is not the New Republic. They are private army founded by Liea and made up of New Republic members who supported her.

The New Republic demilitarized after the Civil War are refused to do anything about the First Order (partly because the many corrupt senators were funding the FO).

When Liea tried to convince them to take out the FO she was labeled a warmonger and her being the daughter of Vader was made public which was a huge scandal.

>the rebellion mop up the stragglers
>the new Republic takes the place of the Empire, comprised of many former senators from the old Republic - Leia is asked to lead them, but she declines
>the new Republic calls for a truce with the Imperial Remnant to prevent a costly war of attrition
>the Imperials grudgingly acquiesce to this truce and fuck off into the unknown regions under the proviso that both sides demilitarise
>the new Republic agrees, much to the chagrin of Leia
>turns out the imperials lied; a fundamentalist faction calling itself "The First Order" takes precedence within their ranks and begins to pursue policies of aggressive militarization in the unknown regions
>all this time Leia, along with a number of other sympathetic senators, has kept the Resistance alive as their private army
>this sets the stage for TFA and everything after it
It's a milquetoast narrative that remains woefully underexplained throughout the film; it's essentially nothing more than a giant reset button designed to allow Disney to maximize the nostalgia effect and facilitate lazy writing that can't be easily criticised in the way the Prequels were.

Dude, it's a fairy tale with space ships. Ewoks were fine, it's canon.

>hey we have this huge remnant of a galactic empire still around who have tons of equipment
>we should totally demilitarise
I mean it hasn't even been more than 30 years. And the First Order aren't even subtle about it. They fly around in Star Destroyers abducting people.

>(((they)))
>Antifa propaganda

Do you niggers listen to yourselves sometimes

I think it's pretty simple.
1. people like rooting for the under dog
2. The OT good guys were rebels. Therefore the new good guys have to be rebels too, because Disney wanted to play it safe with 7 and show everyone they could "do" Star Wars. Hence 7 basically being a remake of ANH, with rebels vs empire.

They're the perpetual counterculture

>people like rooting for the under dog
Unless they're contrarians from Sup Forums, in which case they root for the Empire because they're nazis just like them, or because they're totally not nazis, guys, Lucas actually MEANT the Empire to be portayed as good guys, which is why their foot soldiers are called stormtroopers, why their officers dress like SS and why they're ruled by the Dark Lord using the Dark Side, from the Death Star. It's all meant to be really grey and morally ambigious, you see.

I've literally had some autismo in one of those threads trying to prove to me that the Empire were not based on the nazis at all, but instead on the Roman Emire. And they're actually the good guys of the OT.

"Muh punching up". Liberals will never admit they are the establishment.

That's rebel propoganda. We don't hear the empires side of the story.

No one has an answer that isn’t from some new faggot Star Wars book.

Considering the books explain things that were originally going to be in TFA before being cut because people think politics are boring I think they are good answers.

Rian Johnson also gave the author of Bloodlines pointers about these things.

Also helps that the new canon is much more interconnected than the EU with characters like Saw Gerrera showing up in the movies.

Their violence is asinine, limited in scope and outcome and often directed at innocent or otherwise nonviolent people. Sucker punches, shivs, mob mentality, bear mace, bricks and bottles of piss? Come on. This is why people think of them as a bunch of stuck up children. The shoe fits. Antifa think they're rebels because they're violent when really their brand violence has an almost remedial quality to it. They're less attractive than polio.

>they are actually the good guys
Well, they kind of are. In the prequels, Sheev did literally nothing wrong. It was the Jedi who stormed into his palace to execute him because he followed another religion. He also effectively ended the influence of a small sect of religious extremists on politics. He also eradicated corruption in the senate which was a huge problem.
You may not like that he destroyed Alderaan, but blowing up a single planet who helped terrorists seemed rather tame. I mean it's a bit like the US blowing up a hut in the middle east.
Also, in TFA it is shown that the senate is again completely unable to protect its citizens. Plus, the first order managed to build an even bigger Death Star with what we can assume to be less resources than when Sheev was in power.
Bottom line is: If I were a normal dude, I'd rather live under the Empire. They seem to have things under control compared to the Republic.
Also shitty Star Wars books don't count. Only the movies are important.

Don't forget army of fucking CLONED SLAVE CHILDREN. Holy fuck it is so wrong if you think about it.

t. dub script user. kek would never reward this faggotry

>Vader: There is no escape! Don't make me destroy you. Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You've only begun to discover your power! Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.

There is nothing evil about Darth Vader. He wants peace and peace is only achieved through the credible threat of force.

>Muh Kuk
>Muh reddit frog

Ah bloo bloo

>You may not like that he destroyed Alderaan, but blowing up a single planet who helped terrorists seemed rather tame. I mean it's a bit like the US blowing up a hut in the middle east.
Empirefags are truly a mystery

>Also shitty Star Wars books don't count. Only the movies are important.

Let's see
>Rebels characters in Rogue One
>Saw Gerrera from TCW in Rogue One
>Empire mapping the Unknown Regions which was later used by the First Order set up in Thrawn
>Luke's compass first showed up in Battlefront 2
>Rian Johnson helped with Bloodlines
>Battlefront 2 references multiple new canon books and comics
>The Last Jedi visual guide also makes references to books and novels

The absolute state of imperial posters

> we killed the supreme leader, his man servant, the grand moff, and all his super huge space toys
> just won one battle

>defeat giant evil empire
>immediately disarm
>it comes right back

You don't even have to be force-sensitive to see the future of that.

A man's word is his bond, user.

>Obi Wan — a religious fanatic with a history of looking for young boys to recruit and teach an extreme interpretation of the Force — is practically salivating when he stumbles upon Luke, knowing he’s found a prime candidate for radicalization. Stahelski notes terror groups place a focus on depluralization, stripping away the recruit’s membership from all groups and isolating them to increase their susceptibility to terrorist messaging. Within moments of meeting Luke, Obi-Wan tells Luke he must abandon his family and join him, going so far as telling a shocking lie that the Empire killed Luke’s father, hoping to inspire Luke to a life of jihad.

We don't really know if they Empire still uses clones since it was never adressed in the movies.

A vast majority of the people who sit in the audience never consumed anything else than the original movies and so they can only judge what's presented there. And for a good reason. The rest of the Star Wars media franchise is trash, even more than TFA.

>We don't really know if they Empire still uses clones since it was never adressed in the movies.
Clones are gone, The Rebels and comics are for it.

Not among modern flakey soyboy millenials. I've never met so many people in that age bracket who say one thing and then reneg on it. Buncha spineless pussies.

This shit doesn't count since most of the people who sit in the cinema watching these movies don't care about that.

>The rest of the Star Wars media franchise is trash, even more than TFA
The Clone Wars series is literally better than any of the movies

So what? It's still just fanfiction tier of canon.

It's clear even in the movies that the Stormtroopers are not clones. They all have different heights and voices. Not to mention the Imperial Academy is mentioned multiple times in A New Hope.

Responsibility is not something they have any experience with. A modern 20 year old has about the same life experience and emotional maturity as a 10 year old did 50 years ago.

They have about the same Test levels as well.

The First Order is the legitimate government of the Galaxy. It's the only government that can really trace its origins back to the Old Republic, and is therefore a continuation of the government that ruled the Galaxy for a millennia.

The "New Republic" is simply a bunch of systems that never represented the Republic to begin with and have no goals, aspirations or morality of their own. The fact that their own military is a quasi-terrorist cell proves that they only represent their own interests and not those of the Galaxy. They seek to dismantle order only to prove that they can dismantle it.

Finn is a storm trooper.

So much for the empire being a bunch of Nazis.

Not when a character from TCW was in Rogue One.

Not to mention that the series makes the prequels better by making Anakin into a likable character whose turn to the dark side is believable.

Nope, legit post-Empire is still there. Without a fleet, because of a treaty.

Minorities can be fascists you know?

In rotj its the entire rebel fleet vs a half-restored death star and several star destroyers. At this point in the story its a make or break moment for the rebels, the empire is in the proccess of blowing them out the galaxy. The destruction of the death star doesn't ruin the empire, otherwise it would have happened in ANH. There are still enough engineers and funds to secure plans for a planet-sized, multi beam death weapon, which the first order properly uses to turn the newly established republic into space dust.
Again, youre assuming the empire's success was dependent on a single space station despite the fact that the rebels are little more than homeless at this point. The Endor Escapade (E.E) was decisive enough to legitimize the rebellion like mentions, but theyre still nowhere near the strength of the galactic empire/first order.
And young leaders replace old ones, if President Trump died tomorrow at the hands of an insurgent force, there would be no reason for the american people to put down their arms and accept sharia law (adapt that analogy to you own liking if you're not a fan of our current president or are not a u.s. citizen).

Too many videogames, too much common drug use, and not enough real social interaction is the problem. How many men do you know who have complained about having to "adult" once they finish college? Women are way worse as well. In fact men are almost as bad as women were a decade ago.

Does it explain why Sheev is supposed to be evil? Or that the Empire as a whole is not more fit to govern than the Republic?

"Imperial Remnant" is just an imitation of a state. What do you call a country with no army, no navy, no agency and no force projection? It's either a vassal state or a bunch of nobodies masquerading as a state.

You are underestimating the effect a massive victory can have. Just imagine how all the oppressed worlds felt when the Rebels destroyed the Death Star not once but TWICE and took the emperor with it.

The Empire would be the laughing stock of the galaxy and plenty of world would be motivated to rebel after seeing the Alliance achieve such massive victories.

We don't know about their agencies yet. Force projection is an American meme of imperialistic invasion policy.

Nah, the First Order essentially ousts the Imperial Remnant. One springs from the other.

>There are people who can watch the OT and think "The emperor wasn't that bad of a guy"

Half the site thinks that Hitler did nothing wrong, does that surprise you?

I've been a pizza driver on and off for a few years now. Delivered to thousands of homes with dogs.

Only two of them had trained their dogs well enough that they did not have to bodily block their dog from getting out when they answered the door.

If people can't even raise a fucking dog then the children of these people are never going to have a function in society.

>iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Everyone said so.

The empire is not fascist. They're moral imperialists, one world government types to whom peace and order are most desirable. They are not cultural supremacists or racial supremacists. They do not seek war just to show superiority.

Actually every piece of Star Wars media is just fanfiction except for the first three movies (New Hope, Holdiay Special, Empire Strikes Back) which are canon and true Star Wars.

Thats what I figured was the "legitimizing moment" for the rebels, and its probably why the empire changed their name to the first order, though I can't imagine what it must have felt like to have your planet-cracking base destroyed for a third time.

They obviously have little-to-none if they play absolutely no role in the movies, which are the mainline source of canon.

>Force projection is an American meme of imperialistic invasion policy.
If the New Republic decides to break the treaty and attack with an army (i.e. the Resistance it already controls), what recourse does the Imperial Remnant have? Spec-Ops teams? The ability to launch attacks against New Republic bases and systems? How far can they stretch themselves before they give up and just submit to the New Republic? I know you have a simplistic world view but you have to understand what kind of fight the Imperial Remnant would be able to put up if it was attacked. As far as I can see, they can't do much of anything. A state which is incapable of doing anything to defend itself isn't a state, it's a joke.

The New Republic moved to demilitarize immediately after the empire lost control of the worlds that are now considered the New Republic. The Resistance didn't want to do so and so became a separate faction in order to keep some kind of military force.

>They are not cultural supremacists or racial supremacists
Explain the enslavement of Wookies and other alien races then.

Our how rather than try to stop the explotation of Twi'Lek females, they exploit them as much as everyone else?

I can see that the Emperor was a bad guy in the OT. It's just that after watching the prequels and TFA I get the feeling that the Empire was right.
The Emperor was not a good guy at all. But considering the circumstances he was the best they had. Just look at the state of things before and after the Empire. Before the Empire you had a completely corrupt senate with an extremist sect who had a ton of influence with no democratic legitimation at all. The Emperor got away with that. After he fell, you again have a Republic that is too incompetent to realise that one of their enemies builds a giant mass murder weapon. It doesn't have anything to do with political views. Those are the facts.

>Force projection is an American meme of imperialistic invasion policy
>things countries with no aircraft carriers say

Everyone knew Hitler was arming up for war and taking control of small countries and no one tried to stop him until WW2 started.

Doesn't make him the good guy.

Dude, world in 1970th and world post 9/11 world are different. Back in 70th "to rebel" against "Empire" was not something bad. It was romantic. Che Guevara, Red Front, IRA, Black Panther Party e.t.c. If you show middle finger to The Man you're a rock star. Even Palestinian terrorists followed rules of engagement in a weird but logical and predictable way. And no matter against which Empire did you Rebel USSR or USA. Today, there is only one Empire and only one force that "rebels". Rogue one clearly showed that analogies. Rebels today are not romantic or honorable. They are mad religios terrorists. So, yeah, in such political situation and analogies it's obvious that most reasonable people are on side of Palatine. At least Empire provides good job places and health insurance.

>completely corrupt senate
What evidence for that do you have? Them being slow to respond to the Naboo crisis? The crisis that Sheev himself orchestrated?
>with an extremist sect who had a ton of influence with no democratic legitimation at all
It takes balls to call jedi extremists. Also, he killed the undemocratic jedi and replaced it with even less democratic sith? At least with the jedi, Sheev could appoint Anakin to the council, in the Empire the sith can disband Senates and blow up planets, and nobody can do shit about it

The Imperial remnant coalesced into the First Order. Those that didn't join either fizzled out or were destroyed.

The only slaves in the OT belong to Jabba who operates in ungovernable space.

>there is only one Empire and only one force that "rebels". Rogue one clearly showed that analogies
Did you even watch the movie? Saw's rebels were violence extremists who the Alliance broke ties with after they kept getting civilians killed in their attacks. Meanwhile the Alliance were largely morally upright with a few dark spots here like Cassians job, which is how war is.

not true. lukes family bought droids.

Alright let's go with your headcanon where only movies matter. Even in A New Hope the imperial jailer clearly does not regard Chewbacca as equal to a human and calls him "a thing".

They were just being respectful because it's hard to determine a wookies gender.

The greatest twist of all time would be if the New Republic was actually behind the Death Star like jews were actually behind the holocaust.

>What evidence for that do you have? Them being slow to respond to the Naboo crisis? The crisis that Sheev himself orchestrated?
The fact that system allowed Sheeve to orchestrated all this kinda shows that system was corrupt. It is canon that Sheeve bought half of a Senate. The motherfucking Trade Union could vote in a Senate. It's like Samsung corp. or Disney could vote in US Senate. Also, Republic fucked up General Grievous homeplanet before Palpatine (IIRC).

>Saw's rebels were violence extremists who the Alliance broke ties with after they kept getting civilians killed in their attacks.
>ISIS were violence extremists who the Free Syrian Army broke ties with after they kept getting civilians killed in their attacks.
Dude, killcount of Rebel cell in "Rebels" cartoon (canon) is probably more than 100 000 considering how many Star Destroyers they blew up. Just one cell.

>enslavement of Wookies
>Chubakka is literally a Han Solo's pet and named after Russian word for "dog".
I wonder were they even capable of entering the orbit before Republic or whoever found them.