youtube.com/watch?v=ej8zFAhKfag
youtube.com/watch?v=NPz37Uo849w
youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr_IlKjr5U&list=PLCC888152710161E0&index=10
srsounds.com/popperSR.php
youtube.com/watch?v=XvzSP4fmlUk
youtu.be/5oRMSWDmfkM
youtube.com/watch?v=3aCvoHKJEP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quick, post your favourite theme park music.
youtube.com/watch?v=mqYTSaFWJcM
youtube.com/watch?v=ej8zFAhKfag
youtube.com/watch?v=NPz37Uo849w
youtube.com/watch?v=Iwr_IlKjr5U&list=PLCC888152710161E0&index=10
Also, here's a link to a Disney theme park music radio.
srsounds.com/popperSR.php

Share an interesting Theme Park experience.

I kinda wanna see The Great Movie Ride get an overhaul.
>Deal with TCM is almost over, meaning Robert Osborn is gonna be replaced soon (F)
>Footlight Parade has been broken since day one because they didn't bother to look what they were building on top of
>Doesn't even shoot bubbles all the time
>Animatronics are looking a little waxy
>Ripley just barely resembles Sigourney Weaver, has no movement below the neck
>Ceiling Xeno's tongue keeps falling into the cars
I fucking love The Great Movie Ride and would much rather see it get refurbished than replaced with something stupid. It's such a wonderful little tribute to classic cinema, but technology has progressed so much since it opened.

>Could add a scene where we see Ben Kenobi dueling Darth Vader, maybe even have him get killed and disappear into the floor (you know the Imagineers would find a way)
>Could include a scene from an animated film like Toy Story or Snow White, something groundbreaking that won't look all uncanny valley nowadays
>Tarzan swinging around will look impressive rather than unintentionally comical
>All the old effects will work exactly as intended
>Ending montage won't look super out of place for containing clips from Zootopia while everything else in the ride was built in the mid 80's

There's a rumor it's gonna be replaced by "The Great Mickey Ride" and, as a film history major, that idea personally offends me.

Do you think the unveiling of the Donald Trump animatronic at the Hall Of Presidents is going to start a shitstorm?

It already has.
youtube.com/watch?v=XvzSP4fmlUk

remember river country? neither do i

When I was five I was afraid to go on Star Tours for some reason, so they guy running the ride introduced me as the person in charge of everything and let me press the buttons that operated the ride.

>Deal with TCM is almost over
But that just started in 2015

Just remembered another time I went on Star Tours (might've been that same trip, actually), I ended up sitting in the same row as this little girl who must've just gotten past the height requirements.
>Sitting there in her comically oversized 3D goggles
>Visibly excited, we were making small talk with the parents in the line
>Ride begins
>We're in the front row, they're to the left
>Viewscreen drops and there's C-3PO
>Her jaw fucking drops open in wonder as 3PO is sitting right in front of her, moving around and talking
That's the thing about getting older, it makes you appreciate childhood that much more.

I dunno what to tell ya, user, my friend was working there just this past November and said that the contract was almost up. Then again, he also might have said it still had like a year left.

Either way, they're gonna be reworking it again soon enough.

Remember Disneyquest?

That's still a thing, though.

Press F to pay respects

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just slipped him in without making any kind of announcement. Like, if they build the animatronic in secret, close it down for a weekend, and do all of their testing and implementing then.

The last thing Disney is gonna want is a bunch of Antifa kids hassling Goofy in the middle of Liberty Square.

Not for long
>Schedueled for closure July 3rd
>a bunch of Antifa kids hassling Goofy in the middle of Liberty Square
That sounds funny.

First for Epcot is best Didney park. And Hollywood Studios.

>All those classic vehicles just sitting out in the Florida sun, getting bleached and caked in bird shit
>a Snowspeeder, Herbie, the ship from Flight of the Navigator
Disney is usually so good at curating their brands, what the fuck happened there?

Yes, my man.

Imagine if Antifas attempted to steal the Trump animatronic.

It's already closed for Trumping.

Is it possible for them to leave a president out because of unpopularity? Even trumpdrones are starting to show regret.

Not trying to start a political discussion, just genuinely curious if they'd leave someone out.

Magic Kingdom
>Pros
>Good ride variation
>Something for everyone
>Chill atmosphere

>Cons
>Crowded as fuck
>Thrill rides are all pretty mellow
>Dem wait times
>Becomes fucking impossible to traverse the front of the park during a parade or show
>Tomorrowland needs rides badly
>Transportation Hub is somehow both super convenient and a total chore at the same time

EPCOT
>Pros
>CHILLEST atmosphere
>10/10 food and merch
>World Showcase is so fucking based
>Only gets better as you get older
>FOOD AND WINE NIGGA
>Ferrys are mad convenient, especially if you're staying on the property
>Decent trifecta of Soarin/Mission SPACE/Test Track

>Cons
>Other than those three every other ride is just an excuse to get out of the sun
>Futureworld is fucking nothing
>World Showcase got no rides that aren't educational videos or chill boatrides (while this isn't BAD, we could have had a fucking Godzilla rollercoaster, come on man)

Hollywood Studios
>Pros
>Amazing atmosphere
>Amazing themeing
>Amazing shows
>Star Tours, Rock N Rollercoaster, and Tower of Terror are among the best rides in the park
>Only gonna be better after Star Wars Land and Toy Story finish up

>Cons
>That back area they're turning into Star Wars was fucking nothing for the past decade
>Gradually losing sight of its original intention as a love-letter to old Hollywood/the art of film
>For every thrill ride that breaks down, your reasons to stay in the park drop by roughly 30%

Animal Kingdom
>Pros
>Arguably as chill as World Showcase
>Everest is based as fuck
>Dinosaur is hype as shit
>Animals, yo
>No one cares about Pandora, but the rides will be dope

>Cons
>Dinoland is super bare-bones (pun intended)
>Rain cripples like >50% of the attractions
>Kind of a bitch to get around, but at least the scenery is nice
>It's Tough to Be a Bug is fine, but a little mediocre to be the centerpiece attraction
>They're never gonna fix that Yeti
>They're never gonna build Beastly Kingdomme

My guess is they'll go back to the original format where sitting presidents didn't get to speak and focus more on Washington and Lincoln.

I always felt like the purpose of the Hall of Presidents was more about showcasing history than patting people on the back. Sure, you get speeches from especially accomplished ones like Lincoln, but they still kept dudes like Clinton and Nixon and Carter.

If they didn't remove Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson, they're not gonna start by removing Donald Trump.

...how hard would that be even? Shit Id kinda want to see that done for the hilarity alone, Imagine some asshats trying to walk out with the Trump animatronic Weekend-at-Bernie's style.

This.
They had Bush and Obama give bits of their inaugural address, but I can't see them implementing "I DELIVER GOTHAM BACK TO YOU... THE PEOPLE" in a Disney ride.

Imagine if actors tried to stop them while still staying in character.

I want this as a movie now.

>Imagine some asshats trying to walk out with the Trump animatronic Weekend-at-Bernie's style.
What if they tried to bring him on rides to lessen the suspicion?
>security staff looking over the cameras
>spot trump riding Splash Mountain

Post yfw his animatronic is wearing a MAGA cap

>Every show some guy from the audience tries to take it off and gets tackled by security

>Ceiling Xeno's tongue keeps falling into the cars

kek, wish I could see that in person

>"Why did no one tell us the President was in the park today?! We really should have upped security and closed the park down."

>Shows keep getting disrupted because of people shouting "PEPE!" when Trump gets up to speak
>Shia LeBouf keeps trying to hide his flag on the premises
>Firefighters are kept on location to extinguish all the garbage cans in Liberty Square

Imagine what Trump would tweet in response.

>Sup Forums sneak in after dark and attempt to replace Trump's head with Pepe.

>Crooked Disney thinks I enjoy Splash Mountain when I really prefer the Gran Fiesta Tour! Sad!

>they take one of the frogs from Splash Mountain and put him in the Hall

youtu.be/5oRMSWDmfkM

Test Track at Epcot.

Middle of the summer. It was pouring and there was lightning.

I went with my mom. We were all good, and then at that part where the ride makes it seem like you're going to hit the wall? We heard a pop, and the lights in the giant hangar-thing that this part of the ride was in went out except some emergency lights.

We stayed in the car for a minute and I distinctly remembering starting to ask my mom if we should get out because we had both gone on this many times and knew about the wall. I was scared that something could go wrong.

Well, just as I start asking her we slam forward and start speeding towards the wall. My mom quickly grabs me as tight as she could in the restraints, and then just as we were about to hit the wall - the doors opened and we were flung into the outside portion.

Nothing bad happened, sure, but it was still scary as fuck.

>They hack into the recorded voiceover and replace Trump's speech with 'Feels good, man'

>Just as people attempt to scatter their loved ones' ashes in the Haunted Mansion, the Hall of Presidents becomes a sacred prayer ground where tributes and sacrifices are left in the name of Kek
>Disney janitors constantly have to remove MAGA hats, water filters, and hotglued anime figurines in between shows
>Whenever it breaks down, prayer circles form in an attempt to fix the ride through meme magic

That's pretty goddamn cool actually

>They steal the animatronic, smuggle it to EPCOT, and leave him inside the Mexico pavilion behind some wet-floor barricades

Holy shit.
Like, part of me feels like the wall is probably rigged up to the track manually (so that it'll always open whenever a car gets near it, since it'd be a pretty big fucking problem if it malfunctioned and just decided not to open one day), but that still sounds pretty gat damn harrowing.

That's more or less what I think too. It has to be some sort of pneumatic system, or gravity based thing that is triggered by the car in case some electronics fail, or something. At the time though, it was scary as fuck and I genuinely believed we were going to die.

How many days does it take in your opinion to get a full experience at each of the resorts?

Was anyone alive to go here? Do any photographs f the rainbow bridge nachos still exist?

Full documentary on Nature's Wonderland here

youtube.com/watch?v=3aCvoHKJEP4

There's been a lot of speculation that elements of Nature's Wonderland are being brought back with the Rivers of America/Disneyland Railroad re-route being done for the Star Wars land construction. Mostly based on the ride poster being slightly rewritten and put onto the construction walls. Would love it if they put Rainbow Caverns somewhere between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

Best Star Tours Segments?
>Hoth
>Jakku
>Naboo

I got stuck on space mountain. They had to turn the lights on and get us of there. Pretty sure I still have the video of it.

"WE GOT A RUNNER, HYUCK!"

I'd assume it's like the tech the peoplemover uses, where there are sensors in the track that trigger when the vehicle is over them, that way it is always timed correctly

>Marvel Mania
>Rainbow Bridge Nachos
Tell me everything.

Hoth and Geonosis are my go-to combination.

I'll be there next month. Woooooooo

That's understandable, my off days always switched around on a weekly basis. It's even more of a bitch now since I heard CPs can't even give away shifts, they can only trade days off.

>Was too much of a pussy as a kid to ride the original Star Tours
What was I thinking?

Naboo has the best 3D effect at the end

I also like Jakku because they got creative with the gravity on the part where you crash

The podracing one is cool too

>tfw you went with a qt to bog

My favorite combo is Vader>Kashyyyk>Ackbar>Geonosis because it tells a coherent story and isn't super reliant on very film-specific memberberries.

The first time I went on the Indiana Jones ride and was told not to stare into the Statue's eyes or I'd die, I believed it. So I closed my eyes through the entire ride, just in case.

Not gonna say EPCOT is my favorite, but it has the BEST street performers.
Which some people appreciate more than others.

That chair guy is great, one of the best street shows

That's not so bad.
When I was a kid I bought into the Indiana Jones Cursed Eye backstory so much, that I really thought if I looked into the eye, I would die.
I tucked my head in for the entire ride.

>haven't been to florida in like 10 years
>thinking of joining my sister and her kids for florida next year
>have enough cash to rent a convertible mustang and a week's hotel so i could enjoy the nightlife

How's Harry Potter land in Universal? Last time I went there I was on the Simpsons ride and Shrek 4D. Also that Drew Carey ride in MGM or Universal I forgot.

Harry Potter is dope as fuck. I was only there when it was just Hogsmede, but it's probably the only time Universal trumps Disney in terms of wonder and immersion.

Only been to the Hollywood one, but its solid. Butterbeer is overrated though, Pumpkin Juice is where its at.

My most cherished theme park memory was my aunt and uncle taking me, their daughter, and our other cousin, who's one of my closest family members, to Disney World for the first time when I was 10 years old. We were all about the same age. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort, which is still the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed in, and I really want to go back still.

The highlight in terms of rides was when we went on Test Track. It was me and our other cousin (can't remember if my cousin whose parents actually took us was there with us on that one) and we both went in without not really knowing what the ride was gonna be like (despite one portion of the ride being open and being able to see it from the outside). The part where it looks like you're going to crash into the wall, which opens up and then you ride outside really got us, because we didn't know that's how that'd happen. It was one of the first, if not the first, rollercoasters I'd ever been on and it was thrilling as fuck.

I've never had a ride malfunction on me but then I haven't gone to a theme part in ages, so yeah.

heh

>Naboo

Which one, the paint splash or the pit droid falling into the speeder?

Hogsmede is great and the Forbidden Journey ride and queue line are just fantastic- but Diagon Alley is fantastic. The themeing totally sucks you right in.

The Harry Potter stuff is god tier. There's also a train that connects islands of adventure and universal. Both parks have their own harry potter thing.

>tells a coherent story
That's honestly my only gripe with Star Tours. The immersion in the beginning is fucking insane, but then you get on the ride and it's all ruined when you start jumping between different eras for no reason. They totally should have come up with an overarching plotline that would explain why everything is happening and allow each segment to fit together coherently no matter what.

>Start in a hangar, Han Solo escapes from Darth Vader in the Millenium Falcon
>Go to Jakku, now Finn and Rey are flying the Falcon, Vader has been dead for 30 years
>Go to Coruscant, the CIS and Republic are still fighting in orbit

It's a shame the continuity is such a goddamn mess because everything else about it is constructed with so much care and reverence for the source material.

They made the Norway ride about Frozen now, and the Mexico one is about the Three Caballeros, so they seem to be removing all the educational rides from World Showcase.

>That back area they're turning into Star Wars was fucking nothing for the past decade
Don't talk shit about muh Backlot Tours.

Not him, but for me it's the tail of the speeder crashing through the glass.

Also that bit with the sea monster is probably the most turbulent/scary part of the ride; it and Jakku are the most thrilling scenarios.

The tip of the Naboo ship breaking the glass

I don't think it happens every time either, I think paint is an alternate ending

Not him but the speeder one is great

The Harry Potter stuff is genuinely amazing.

To be fair, the Three Caballeros one is basically Saludos Amigos the ride; like, it's not a fictional plot like Frozen is, it shows you a bunch of Mexico's cities and culture by way of wacky cartoon birds.

I'd honestly still call it reasonably educational, if only for the live-action footage it implements.

I barely found out about the paint ending recently. There's more subtle changes on that ride than I first thought.

>Boba Fett in the Vader opening
>Hitting Jar-Jar on Naboo
>Naboo paint ending

someone post the old videos of the Gaston live actor who died because he launched a firework from his mouth while acting in character

There was a loose "It's between III and IV" story when it opened, but you still had those direct movie lifts and George's attitude was "Fuck it, it's Disneyland, continuity doesn't matter thaaat much" and he pulled an explanation for Hoth out his butt that somehow the Rebels had a base and Imperial skirmish before ESB and they only went back because they figured it's the last place the Empire would look for them again. Imagineers originally wanted to do Wampa and Tauntaun shit.

Born just after it closed on the opposite side of the nation. I do not, sadly, know everything. have a menu, tho

I loved the Backlot Tours too user, but they didn't care about it enough to keep it looking good.
>Segment about the making of THE NEW HIT BLOCKBUSTER, PEARL HARBOR
>Catastrophy Canyon stopped looking impressive as it got older
>Drive past some sun-bleached vehicles that aren't getting nearly the care/respect they deserve
The best part of it was the museum/gift shop at the end because that at least had things like the original Big Chap from Alien and David Prowse's Darth Vader suit.

Not to mention how the surrounding area was literally just dead space and plywood facades to make it look like you were in NYC and San Fran. It just felt unfinished.

>was on the back to the future ride with my brother and 3 cousins
>we're all sitting at the front
>austin, my brother's godfather's kid, farts near the end of the ride
>immediately after the mist/smog/fog comes out
>some guy in the back yells, "what's that smell?"
>we burst out laughing
>we tell this story to literally anyone who brings up florida

Best fucking time is with family at any theme park, guys. We all came closer as a family from doing these.

Any other good street performers in the parks?

has anyone tried the grey stuff? is it just a more richer chocolate moose?

The street performers are everywhere.

The citizens of Hollywood at HS are great. When setting up for Fantasmic during the afternoon I'd always see them driving around the backlot in their vintage cars.

tfw you will never play a princess
tfw you will never get to wear the communial rental underwear

I think the ride will get completely cleared out.

It's a bit dated and they could put a lot in that space without needing 20 or so actors and the need to maintain vehicles that are 30 years old.

but any good/memorable ones?
don't think I ever caught them-what do they do?

>Listening to Sleepycast
>They bring up the Gaston actor who died
>Read the news article
>"NO ONE BLOWS HIS OWN HEAD UP"
>"GOD DAMMIT"
>"NO ONE KILLS HIMSELF"
>"NOOOOOOO OOOOOOOONE BLOWS HIS FACE LIKE GASTON"
>"NO ONE DIES LIKE GASTON"
I've never laughed harder or felt guiltier.

t - jealous titlet

I mean, they took down the Hat specifically because it was obstructing the view of the theater; that's the centerpiece of the entire park.

I could see them reworking the ride from the ground up, but never getting rid of it altogether.

UK is getting a Mary Poppins ride
Spain is coming soon it's getting a Gigantic ride