Marvel excited us months ago by telling us they were bringing back the old characters we all wanted to see again

>Marvel excited us months ago by telling us they were bringing back the old characters we all wanted to see again
>Marvel Generations, 10 one shots
>bringing back the old characters to team-up with the legacy character then going away again

I fucking hate you Marvel.

I don't really understand why anyone thought it would be anything other than this kind of thing.

Each issue might be comfy though.

>Each issue might be comfy though
>ends with the older hero telling the legacy they are the true hero and do them justice

Yeah, okay.

Well the ones by hacks like Bendis will be like that, but ideally you get a couple that are a good tribute to the meaning of each franchise. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't see a guy like Pak making his bad at least.

Bendis is doing Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Or they might stick around. Evennrich said so.

Probably cube copies.

>Marvel excited us months ago by telling us they were bringing back the old characters we all wanted to see again
>Marvel excited us months ago by telling us
>Marvel excited us months ago
>Marvel excited us
>excited us
>excited
>Marvel
>us
An image conveying a level of smug sufficient for this situation sadly does not exist.

I think Marvel is fully committed to their legacy characters at this point. Don't expect a Rebirth-style reboot any time soon.

I just want to see one of the classic heroes reject his legacy replacement, tell him "you're doing a bad job, please retire".

Just one will do. Is that too much to ask for, Marvel?

I vote for Carol Danvers to be the one.

telling Kamalla or being told by one of the 3 hundred billion previous "captain Marvel" characters?

Except rich said one is coming. Expect these retro versions to stick around.

Mar-vell shitting on carol.

"You gotta go back to the kitchen you dyke."

Point, but they said the same about Heroes Reborn.

Mar-Vell likes Carol though.

Not if he saw current carol.

You know nothing about Marv.

if it's anyone it'll be Wolverine since he would be both without his memories and the compassion he gains by being an X-Man.

that is if we're to believe this will be as continuity heavy as "just draw them in old costumes, and stuff the backgrounds with Oldsmobiles "

Rich hopes they might be coming back later, but they're gone after Generations is over unless there's a last minute rewrite.

>if it's anyone it'll be Wolverine since he would be both without his memories and the compassion he gains by being an X-Man.

No, that's dumb.

I do.

Nah already leaked.

Wolvie was a pretty selfish bastard back in the day

Was there something new that happened in the past 3 days?
>The series will see current, more diverse or younger heroes, getting “zapped” out of the universe for a second or two, for a one-off adventure with their legacy equivalent character, then return back to the current Marvel Universe. That’s it. Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all in one

>Hyping it as more than that could be a mistake. These are feel good all-in-one stories with their heart in the right place, rather than a launch of something else, or a statement of publishing intent. And it is hard to say if it will please either end of the frustrated reading audience we’ve seen expressed right now.

>Because Marvel are still gathering their marbles for a more involved comeback, now in 2018, leading up to the Avengers: Infinity War movie launch. Marvel feels wounded, they are trying to lick their wounds and play the long game.

That's honestly what I wanted out of Spider-Men.

Peter has shown time and time again that he doesn't want people to pick up his mantel because he thinks it's too dangerous. That was the entire point of Frog-Man and Spider-Kid.

But suddenly Miles comes along and he's all like, "Eeeeeehhhh, fuck it, go ahead and get yourself killed. I encourage this."

The one before that. And the new article he made is wrong.

Just for Alsono said no time travel.

Prepare for disappointment when you get to the "Technically..."

Nah.

They will do something else.

The plot twist is that theyre reverted backwards or the real marvel reality was the one where allies never won with the cube.

What do you mean by Rebirth-style? No legacy heroes were taken out by Rebirth. Many were added back in.

FUCK MARVEL