What went wrong?

What went wrong?

cara no show pusy!

Post Cara panty shots

>karl urban wannabe gets bossed around by strong female underling while recruiting a gender and race fluid prostitute to prevent a white male from destroying a clitoris worshipping numale race from genocide.
I wonder.

couldn't get dehaan into character
BAD WRITING, BAD LINES
the movie didn't know what was happening, it all just flashed before our eyes, and then that stupid flashback, that's not how you make a story

My biggest problem with the movie is the characters age/plot were incompatible.

How is the audience supposed to suspend belief to the point to think these kids, who look no older than 16 years, would be high-ranking, skilled soldiers, AND have a marriage arc?

If anything, maybe they should have been the kids of of high ranking soldiers, along for the ride. And he was trying to convince her to go to space prom with him.

It wasn't a Disney flick for manchildren

CLASSIC DANE CANT CARRY A BLOCKBUSTER

CARA DELAMEME CANT ACT FOR SHIT AND ALSO SHE UGLY

That they made a concerted effort to exclude American actors, writers and producers.

The film is supposed to be a "demonstration of European film making capacity" for the sake of proving Europe could make a big block buster sci-fi film.

how is he a Karl Urban wannabe?

Casting

dehaan is american you fuck

Horrible main actors?

they casted an ugly woman in the lead

Are you me ?

There's a woman in this movie?

A strong combination of TERRIBLE acting, poor pacing, and giant plotholes is what ruined it.

Shame too, because the opening sequence is actually really well done and sells what the movie could've been.

Possibly. Never see anyone talking about it. It's distracting as fuck

Especially the scene with Rihanna in the cabaret. I know he was in a seedy place, but it seemed so out of place to have a kid even allowed into the cabaret and served booze.

THIS is a woman?!?!

I thought it was a MAN!!!

WHAAAT

CLIVE OWEN GAVE THE ONLY GOOD PERFORMANCE

THE BIG SPACE BATTLE WAS A GOOD SEQUENCE BUT IT WAS SHORT AND JUST FLASHBACK, THE SPACE CHASE AND JUMPING THROUGH THE WALLS WAS OK, THE VR BAZAAR CRAP WAS A BADLY DESIGNED MESS

BESSON SCREWED THE POOCH, FIFTH ELEMENT WAS A LOT BETTER

pussy confirmed

Only one. And I'm not meme-ing about the exclusion of Americans in this films production.

Go read interviews of the director about how it was fully intentional.

its a cgi shitshow with an incoherent story and the female lead is not even an actress

CARA HERE! LISTEN TO POP MUSIC AND JUST BE YOURSELF! PLEASE!

I want Cara to fuck deep me in the butt with her huge swollen clit

>giant plotholes
such as?

for one, FTL is not possible, so you can't travel to other planets, let alone ever physically meet an alien race

>FTL
yes it is
brainlet

casting

that's not a plothole

especially not in a fucking Science Fiction movie

no idea. i liked the movie as it staid close to the source material most of the time. visuals were good and cara's acting wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be

Terrible plot and writing. Great world and aesthetic though.

>this science fiction film is unrealistic
wow 0/10 film wtf

And yet this is more entertaining than the new star wars movies.

this is why sci-fi films are shit

Valerian is a chad in the comic, not a twink

Didn’t like him in chronicle, didn’t like him in this one

Then why are you in this thread retard?

Nothing. It's just sci-fi for kids. for the family... Just don't take it too seriously. If you compare it 2049 you'll obviously think it's shit. But Valerian is this kind of sci-fi. It's supposed to be light hearted, comical...

You dont even deserve a brainless wojack

why do you guys like dehaan? dude isn't a very good actor and his voice is annoying as fuck, especially since it's on a weird teeny looking dork with a little boy body.

me not know

WELL ISNT THAT THE QUESTION OF THE DAY

The main characters had less than no chemistry.

acting is good and he got a unique voice and looks.

lol

Who the fuck casted this guy in a role of a charismatic space adventurer? Also, he and the leading girl had chemistry more resembling siblings than lovers.

What went wrong?
>Casting
>Plot
>Source material
>Promotion

>Unappealing actors

That´s pretty much the biggest flaw of this movie. I am sure a lot of people were repulsed by this. Also i never fucking heard about this movie until Sup Forums started shitting after premiere.

The male lead was fucking terrible. Cara was actually pretty good, but she had no strong male lead to have any kind of chemistry with. The SFX in this movie were really good though.

no. fuck off. Cara is a terrible actress. i dont care if shes your waifu. shes terrible.

The casting

I liked DeHaan in A Cure For Welness, but here he was miscast.

Awful casting choices. The guy is supposed to be an ultra chad and the gurl should be a qt redhead.

literally everything

The entire sequence with the dimensional market is riddled with them, for one.

There's a whole bunch of others too, but I don't feel like spoonfeeding you.

>actually backing up claims is spoonfeeding