youtube.com/watch?v=nLlBd89pEvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Scarecrow was a big fucking letdown

Arkham knight plot twist was boring and predictable

Batmobile mechanic sucked

Developers
>It's not Jason Todd

>Jk it is

Despite all the hate it gets Arkham Origins had the best story.
>It wasn't a sentient Bat Computer gone rogue that decided to fight crime using the most efficient methods.

>Doing so because it sensed the virus was still part of Bruce and it calculated that he'd fall to it eventually.

>Gameplay wise
Nothing
>Story wise
Arkham Knight predictability
No real chance taking with the characters
Telltale's Batman had a better story than Arkham Knight did
>Graphics wise
Absofuckinglutely nothing at all

The Batmobile sequences were leaned too heavily on (The tank sequences shouldn't have existed at all)

They didn't make any major improvements to the stealth or combat from Arkham City

The story was kinda by the numbers. The only good part of it was Joker-inside-Batman's mind. All the stuff with Scarecrow and Arkham Knight was inconsequential.

>a game with literally nothing to go on but story having a better story than an action adventure game
I should fucking hope so

With about 1/3 of the budget, there's no excuse for that. Hire better fucking writers

Predictable Knight reveal
Scarecrow was a letdown
Heavy batmobile use

It was pretty alright otherwise

It's a lot easier to write a good story when you dictate literally everything that happens, as opposed to having to cook up justifications for gameplay sections that someone else thought up

"They're tanks! But they're drones! So blow 'em up!"

>Never engaging this guy in comba,instead facing him in predator faggotry

Shame it never comes around for sale on PC thanks to the clusterfucks.

I liked Arkham Knight Jason, but the Batmobile wore thin and the boss battles sucked. Also we should've got free roam with all the charactera.

Nothing. It was a good game and I liked the story

It lacked the 'wow' factor that Arkham City had. Arkham City took the mechanics from Asylum and added new depth and dimension to them, adding an entire element of a fun and intuitive travel system. Knight just reused that system. City created a more sprawling, open world environment, Knight just did that but bigger. Gameplay wise, the only thing of note that Knight really introduced was the batmobile, which was severely underwhelming and not particularly fun, and didn't really organically gel with the Arkham series' gameplay.

Not only that, between the batmobile, and some of the ridiculous upgrades you can get, a lot of the challenge felt more trivialized. You could practically fly as Batman, jumping out of the batmobile and grapple boosting gave you an utterly ridiculous amount of air.

From a story standpoint, they did learn some lessens from City, there weren't the crippling pacing issues that City had, but it still faced the problem of not having a particularly good or engaging story. Arkham Asylum's story was really boring and uninteresting on paper, but had excellent pacing (for the most part) and was told in a very gripping, engaging way. Arkham Knight's story tried to be actually interesting, and a good batman story, but utterly failed in this regard. Scarecrow was a non-entity, the Arkham Knight was weird and not particularly memorable or interesting, and Jason reveal served nobody. If fans already knew who Jason Todd was and his plot arc, it was ridiculously predictable, the only reason anyone would think anyone else is because the developers outright lied and said it wasn't him, which just makes it incredibly disappointing. But if you don't know who Jason Todd was, it will be out of no where and really weird and awkward, why does the game expect us to care about this character we've never interacted with? It's the worst type of fan service, it lowers the experience for fans and new-comers.

They could've at least had the decency to ripoff the Deathstroke fight from Origins.

I feel like they focus tested the Batmobile, found peoplr liked it, but then put too much of it in game. Also weak justifications for the drones. "MY DRONES DON'T FEAR YOU BUTTMAN, but they aren't actually alive so you can have no qualms about using your strongest weapons to take them down effortlessly. Also, Batman fights the guy that makes people see what they fear, but at no point does he ever question what he's seeing, even after getting gassed. Considering the shit Crane put him through in the Asylum, you think he'd wise up.

>oh boy another bland bat-tank section

>It's the worst type of fan service, it lowers the experience for fans and new-comers
Considering that Jason got so many new fans from this game, it's actually didn't.

>Have to do predator to get to him
>can't take him down once you get to him, so you gotta hve a fist battle every time

I was going to buy the game on Steam, but I wound up getting a refund when it didn't play right.

That being said, things that bothered me about the story off the top of my head.

>After Dini left following City's completion, too many different authors muddied the narrative of the universe.
>Oracle stays in Gotham for assistance instead of just going to the fucking Batcave.
>Poison Ivy can be talked out of doing literally anything by the dumbest of threats. "I'll burn every tree in Gotham."
>The Arkham Knight is hyped up as knowing how Batman works. He doesn't.
>Bruce is infected with Joker disease and tells literally none of his allies despite worrying about the possibility of going insane and killing them.
>Batman is said to be going through the worst night of his career. Rather than getting weaker as the night goes on, he actually gets even more overpowered to the point where you can't even have boss fights.
>Batman gets shot in the chest, injects himself with a thing and then is suddenly better. The bullet is never mentioned again.
>Jason wants to kill Batman, except when he wants to make him suffer, except when he wants to kill Batman, except when he wants to make him suffer, except when-
>The canister Batman was moving before the Joker hallucination showed up disappears with no explanation despite the others exploding if you move too fast.
>The Joker infected are regular people who are corrupted by what's inside of the Joker. This retroactively makes the Joker as much of a victim as them, but the narrative never addresses it.
>Jason blames Bruce for not saving him when he ran off on his own to kill Joker in the first place.
>Batman killed Clayface in Arkham City from all indication.
>Scarecrow is more or less an afterthought and doesn't even get a proper encounter. Were it not for Joker (and Jason who became a villain BECAUSE of Joker), Scarecrow would have been apprehended at Ace Chemicals at the beginning of the game.

I like how the only boss battles in the game were the predator battle at the end, locked behind all the Riddler trophies, and locked behind dlc. Granted, the dlc was some good shit, but but still mang, Grundy, Ra's, Mr. Freeze, and Clayface were all part of the base Arkham City.

(cont)
The story is on the whole, an improvement from City's in a technical way, but that serves to highlight the problems that City had, in it's development from Arkham Asylum.

There's elements of that in the gameplay too. Arkham Knight did the sandbox thing a lot better than City, but that also means it moved further from Asylum. Asylum had an almost metroidvania thing going on map wise, it was almost like it had a series of semi-linear levels, connected to each other through the world, as the story progressed and you got new abilities, more parts of the world opened up to you. The story progressed in a very controlled and linear fashion, the environments were distinct and memorable. The map opened up to you more and more, new areas would be introduced to you consistently, you were almost always doing something new, and if you weren't, revisiting old areas was interesting. They had very tight control of the story, which let them make it very gripping and engaging.

In Knight, it's a sandbox. You can explore a lot more of the map, and it all ends up feeling much more samey, with very few memorable individual areas and set pieces. They mostly abandon the whole, bigger-on-the-inside level/map things, and you pretty much just do everything in the mainworld. These areas exist, but they're somewhat rare. Side quests are there, and handled much better than City, but they still make the story feel a lot less intense and gripping.

Arkham Asylum was a non-stop series of set-pieces and memorable moments. Arkham Knight's set pieces were fewer, and much less memorable. Arkham City was a weird half-way point between the two.

Also, it's a really really minor point, but it seriously pisses me off how you can't use other characters in the open world, like you could Catwoman in City. I get why, it's a lot harder making the map navigable for the multiple characters, but I still really missed it.

I expected the Jason Todd fight to go down like this. I would utterly dissapointed when it was another predator fight

youtu.be/lO2Zp4nwsFA?t=316

>ripoff the Deathstroke fight
There's another problem with Knight, you bust your ass doing all those bullshit side missions to destroy the watchtowers, checkpoints and drones to unlock a bossight against Deathstroke....and instead of the fucking amaze-balls duel from Origins you get a shitty fucking tank stealth 'fight' that consists of firing once and then running away that ultimately ends in the most humiliating cutscene takedown in the entire game
I was so excited for the chance to fight Deathstroke again, and the game fucking robbed me

Need for speed: Gotham City Drift

There is nothing wrong about the game except for thw batmobile. You fight deathstroke on a god damn thank, what the hell? master of the martial arts and you have to SNEAK on him with your massive thank and shoot him in the back

Plus they outright retcon the fact that Joker shipped his blood samples all over Gotham and the county to get Batman to find the cure.

It relied too much on the Batmobile, the Deathstroke boss fight really suffered because of that. And the Jason twist was expected as soon as Bruce had that flashback.

Aside from that, everything I was fine with.

There is zero excuse for the lack of a playable Robin or Nightwing in free roam. They're both in the city, both have their own stories and objectives, and there's even a plot reason for Batman to be out of the fight for a while leaving things to his sidekicks.

>The villain team up was pointless not even a team up.
>Riddler has gone from being legitimately smart to being retarded. This would be fine if he actually broke down at the end and got closure, but he still treats being beaten by Batman like it happens every Tuesday.
>On that note, none of the villains save Freeze and Ra's got proper closure.
>Batman decides to become worse to fight criminals rather than trying to help rehabilitate them. Even the fucking Joker hallucination calls him an asshole for beating up Riddler instead of getting him help.
>The postgame stories add nothing to the narrative aside from "And then they fought more villains after Arkham Knight was over with."
>The mention of all of the people infected with Joker's blood in City? The call you get from Robin saying there are 50+ cases that he's seen in the hospital? All retconned. Instead they "gathered up" all of the blood somehow and nothing happened to those people despite the poisonous Titan in the blood.
>For that matter, none of the Joker infected aside from Batman have any reason to be alive.

I can probably come up with more given time.

When the PC says 'You'll be the Master Race'
You yell 'ARKHAM KNIGHT! ARKHAM KNIGHT!' right in the PC's face

Yeah, I was going to add that, but I hit the post limit.

It's funny how people here complain on and on about the reveal when most of people who played the game become a big fan of Red Hood because of it.

The story worked and it was good enough for vidya since they rarely have good stories (the AA storyline was meh).

>>Poison Ivy can be talked out of doing literally anything by the dumbest of threats. "I'll burn every tree in Gotham."

This shit pissed me off too, also her death. I mean what the hell?, why would Ivy sacrifice herself like that?. I really never understood that

>the final showdown with the Joker in prison were batman manages to not kill anyone by outsmarting jim
Origins does have a good story

I think people were angry with continuity and how the assasins were treated. Also more Joker. Origins was bad plot points, but surprisingly well written ones.

Origins had a pretty good story, but it's a bit sloppy in places. Would have been better if the assassins were worked into the plot more and the Joker was focused on less.

People were pissed because the game was advertised as being a Black Mask story, where you could fight him and learn about this big villain of Batman, but then at the middle of the story is just "Woops. It's a Joker story AGAIN, ain't that a twist?". Everyone was expectiong Black Mask but got Joker instead

Mask just being Joker was a step too far in the plot. If the main story had been Mask sets the assassins on Batman, but before he can wrap things up gets killed by Joker who takes over his crime empire, that could have been interesting

Well, you wouldn't be able to kill off Black Mask since he was in City. But I was assuming it'd be something like that, too.

Would have also been nice if Bane explained why he was trying so hard to kill Batman. I know it was because he dreamed of a bat monster while he was in prison or whatever, but the game never says that.

No boss fights
Batman's "final plan" made no sense
Keeping Tim/Nightwing out of the main plot was kind of forced
Knight should've been Damian or Talia or an Arkham relative or something
Gadgets were pretty lame. All the creativity seemed to go into the Batmobile.
Some weird story elements that are more nitpicky i.e. Bruce changing into his suit outside in a public place, Gordon running off for huge portion of the game, Babara getting captured like that,etc,etc.

Mask was in City? Shit, I'd forgotten all about that
And yes, Bane getting more of a focus would have been great. He's famous and well loved almost entirely because he got the closest to breaking the Bat, and he turns up as just another fight? Feels wrong, honestly if they wanted to do a twist reveal with Mask they could have had Bane be behind it all

I'm with what user said, arkham knight should have been a batcomputer. Brother Eye, even.

>Mask was in City? Shit, I'd forgotten all about that

Briefly. Backstory explains he's the only one to escape from Arkham City, and then you see him getting beaten by TYGER Guards at the beginning of the game when you get into line as Bruce.

Aside from that, he's a DLC boss.

Should I play this if I enjoyed the first two?

It was the BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY THAT KILLED THE SERIES until the next one came out and took that crown

Too much Batmobile

Joker is the real star of the show

Bad guy is Jason Todd despite the only reference to Jason being an easter egg in a DLC non-canon map

Tank stealth

Tank stealth boss fight

Tank stealth boss fight 2

Two new villains

Riddler Race tracks

Batgirl's DLC campaign being the only good one

The most fun segment of the game (fighting with Robin) shouldn't even be in the game

Yet I still 100% this game like five times so they must've done something right

Origins was the best one

I was so hyped for knight, it really hurt when the game was such a let down.

I has so much fun with asylum and city, i know the fighting gameplay is cheap, and the detective mode is too easy.
But still, so much fun.

Now i want to play city again.

>Knight should've been Damian or Talia
Why?

I honestly don't understand what was so bad about the Knight reveal besides muh predictably. We live in time where it's literally hard for any medium to have unpredictable reveal. So, get over yourselves and quite whining about the same thing over and over again.

Because it would've been more logical since the Al Ghul's had cameos or were a large part of the story in previous games. Jason comes out of nowhere in the Arkham continuity

Talia trying to succeed where her father failed, having the means to fund and outfit a massive mercenary group and skills and no how to challenge Batman makes sense with the canon.

Yes Origins is good
A bit glitchy but it actually is very much worth playing if you like Arkham games.

So... How about Arkham Origins Blackgate? Should I get it? I haven't played an Arkham game before so...

Yeah, just CAMEOS and Talia is actually dead.

Damian wasn't referred anywhere either, but you still want him to be the Knight. Do you even realize the irony of your post?

City > Asylum = Arkham Knight >>> Origins > Blackgate

Not him, but I heard Talia's body is missing from the morgue in Arkham Knight.
Granted, that'd moreso be something for DLC if anything.

>Haven't played Arkham
Do not start with Blackgate. Its a cheap, mediocre imitation of the real Arkham games

Play them in release order. But if you wanna see my ranking,

Alright then. I'll keep that in mind.

Do not start with Origins Blackgate. Don't even play Origins Blackgate. It's just a shittier version of Arkham Asylum and it has literally zero bearing on the narrative of the universe beyond an explanation for why Deadshot is in the Suicide Squad in a tie-in movie.

And even then, that movie fails to explain what happened to Deathstroke and Bronze Tiger.

Also, what's the deal with the Joker virus bullshit? The Joker didn't become the Joker due to anything genetic, he just fell into a vat of chemicals and went crazy. It was absolutely retarded that his blood literally turned people into the Joker, mentally and physically.

Missing or not. She is still died.

Complaining about the Jason reveal and then say that Damian and Talia would make more sense it's completely dumb since Arkham Knight was obviously a man and the timeline doesn't make it possible for him to be Damian either. He should have just admitted that he didn't like the reveal because he didn't like the characters instead of making dumb excuses.

*is completely
*the character

The reason that's significant is because people theorize that the League of Assassins recovered her body.
Still true on the other accounts though.

It's just a hamfisted way to put Joker in the game. Realistically speaking, they could have just said "Scarecrow has a more potent fear toxin" and used that as the basis for why Joker was showing up to taunt Batman the whole game.

The Joker Infected don't even add anything to the narrative , ESPECIALLY Henry, because they're killed off in a cutscene after not doing much of anything important.

The titan he injected himself with in Asylum mutated and not only is killing him in City, but can turn people into Jokers. It's dumb, but it's explained

>and the timeline doesn't make it possible for him to be Damian either.

He presumably means the Heretic or a merge of the two, which works perfectly.

They did give us a musical number though.
youtube.com/watch?v=nLlBd89pEvc

I'm about two hours late, but son, it's on sale almost constantly at Bundle Stars, like all the other WB games. They're German and legitimate, you just need a Paypal account. I bought Arkham Knight and all DLC for $12 last week.

>which works perfectly
It's literally doesn't.

Besides, he complain about Jason because wasn't referred before. Wouldn't accepting Damian despite not being referred make him a big hypocrite?

Alright, I'll admit the Joker Infected were worth it for the musical number.

>"Your parents are dead and I can't stop laughing."

It still doesn't make sense that the Titan mutated to turn other people into Jokers. I mean fuck, his skin and hair were basically just chemically bleached. That shit shouldn't be happening due to a virus or infected blood.

Talia talks about a wild night in Metropolis in City. That's way more set up than Jason.

Why would they got themselves into a complicated matter and confuse their audience when they could simply use Jason since his story is much easier to tell? I'm mean what this user said here is quite proof that the reveal worked.

And the Joker referred Jason. How about that?

>He should have just admitted that he didn't like the reveal because he didn't like the characters instead of making dumb excuses
You just hit the jackpot. It's literally the reason why they are so pissed about the reveal.

>And the Joker referred Jason. How about that?

Wasn't that only in Arkham City's DLC challenge map?

If you are counting Taila's "comment" as reference to Damian, then it's only fair to use this since it's more clear reference to Jason than the example used.

>What's that? You want Scarecrow? Fuck you, take more Joker

Its like they took tips from Slott on how to keep a surprise.

Just to added more to your point, user.

Joker existing in the game is literally an enough set up for Jason since he play a very big in Jason's life and his current identity.

*played a big role

I'm a different user from the one talking about Talia.

>Arkham Asylum has Joker as the main villain.
>Arkham City sets up Hugo Strange's first meeting with Batman and also has him working with the guy who thinks he's the Spirit of Amadaeus Arkham. But it doesn't matter, because most of the plot is about Joker.
>Arkham Origins details a period before the supervillains came around, so Batman is fighting the mob and their hired assassins. Only the supervillains show up anyway. Including Joker, who is the actual main villain.
>Arkham Origins Blackgate has three major villains. One of them is Joker.
>Assault on Arkham is about the Suicide Squad. The climax of the movie involves the Joker showing up to do shit.
>Arkham Knight is about Scarecrow gassing Gotham. But never mind that, because the Joker is so important that the game literally forces him down your throat every second (even if it is in an admittedly fun way). Also, he's the final boss.
>Arkham VR is just more Joker.
>Even the DLC episodes for City and Knight are about Joker in some capacity.

This franchise fellates Joker more than Harley does.

I'd have preferred another user's idea of it being a version of Brother Eye, or a Batdrone that's been infected/realised that Bruce will never really clean up Gotham, so take what I'm about to say with that in mind, so you know I'm not chomping at the bit for Damien/Talia.

That is the dumbest reasoning I've heard so far. Joker plays a big role, so it makes sense for it to be Jason?

Bane has played a bit part in the series. It'd make sense for Arkham Knight to be Azrael in that case. Which I admit, I hoped it was after the whole 'Totes not Jason guiz!'

Talia and Ras both exist in the series, so it makes sense for it to be Damien/Heretic. We also know that Lazarus Pits exist in universe, so obviously Talia isn't dead for real.

Jason was a shit choice, in universe. He's never mentioned before, outside of a non-canon DLC map. Yes, you and I know who Jason Todd is, but if you go off of just what's in the game, he comes out of left field.

Knight being a random tool of Ras, put in place to show up Bruce would have made more sense.

>Scarecrow was a big fucking letdown

He kinda alternated between hit and miss, but it really sucked that he only got as far as he did because of Joker hallucination making Batman more incompetent.

In retrospect, its hilarious that he was his own undoing.

>Has Batman tied up, his identity revealed and basically won.
>Injects him to experience his true fear, which is becoming Jokerized.
>But since he didn't KNOW that was his fear he gets triggered at Bats laughing like a maniac and injects him again, this time causing Mind Joker to experience /his/ greatest fear (aka being forgotten), letting batman regain the power over his mind.

If he had knew that was his fear or if he had only just injected him once he would have won.

I feel like the writers missed an opportunity in making the Akham Knight Damian instead of Jason, using Bruce's guilt over Jason's death as a red herring and seeking to destroy Batman for not killing the Joker and allowing his mother to die.

It would have been an interesting take on the character, fitting with his original personality (ruthless, vengeful, eager to prove himself as the best) as well as providing an actual twist, playing on both Batman and the player's expectations.

I'm at 26%, and I like it so far.

No matter our complaints, or what parts were lackluster, you have to acknowledge that the Arkham series is one of the best adaptations of a comic book character into a video game, and one of the best licensed video games in general.

>mfw fucking Telltale of all people made a better Arkham knight reveal than Arkham knight.

The rest of the game was meh as well, but Lady Arkham in both character reveal and motivation was way better handled than AK.

Jason's reasons to name himself after Arkham were fucking stupid and destroyed the theming of the series.

You want to know what a really crazy twist would be?

>Arkham Knight spends the whole game guilting Bruce over what happened to them
>Bruce starts to piece things together
>finally the confrontation comes
>"Jason, I'm sorry."
>"I'm not Jason."
>takes off the helmet
>It's Stephanie Brown.

I wish the villains were more than just "Look how edgy and evil I am!", though.

Literally every villain and or goon that isn't Freeze or someone meant to be sympathetic spends most of their time being as Saturday Morning Cartoon evil as possible.

Telltale Batman Season 2 when?

I'll look for that. See if they Bundle it with Shadows of Mordor at some point.

>Climax of the story takes place at Arkham Asylum
>You can't play it or explore, it's all a fucking cutscene

Did you see the survey Telltale sent out after Episode 5? I hope you like that Joker guy, because he's coming baaack, baby.

It's another Batman game

>takes of the helmet
>it's Max Shreck
>Boom! Batman, you're a cantaloupe! Wow!

You're talking about a world with giant undead monsters and guys with transformative blood and you think a female character crossdressing as a dude is unbelievable? Really?

>He should have just admitted that he didn't like the reveal because he didn't like the characters instead of making dumb excuses.

I never said that. I said we have no background for Jason at all. People know him from the main canon but there's nothing about him in the previous games so his "return" does nothing for the audience.

> She is still died.
Yes because a character known for dabbling with a giant green pit that revives people and has healing powers that is even a plot point in one of the games, coming back after being shot is a stretch that no one will buy ever.

For God's sake follow the reply chain before you get involved in the discussion.

Some guy complained that Jason didn’t have any set up and I pointed out that Joker being in the game is enough set up for him if they decided to use him, not that they should use him just because the joker in.

Rocksteady decided to use Jason and it was received well by most of their customers. The fact that you still talking about it even after two years since the game was released prove that it was a smart decision to use him.

I thought it was great tbqh, loved being able to actually drive the batmobile around all of gotham, loved how fucked up and distressed Jason seemed, loved being haunted by the Joker which made turning every corner exciting, loved the idea that Batman's greatest fear is losing control and ending up like the Joker and that Joker's greatest fear is any troll's greatest fear: being ignored and not getting any attention

We still talk about OMD and OMIT. We still talk about a bunch of Millarworld books, we still talk about Felicity and the Felicitettes, and so on and so forth. Doesn't mean any of those things are smart or smartly written.

[ But it does mean we're gluttons for punishment ;_;

The Titan stuff is straight up garbage. Arkham Asylum does a neat job of setting up a premise that although we've seen before in the comics is logical enough to both provide gameplay and make sense from the antagonist's character. Then we see his master plan is to make everyone take steroids because lolrandom
Which in turn is responsible for killing him later on.