Character isn't from earth

>character isn't from earth
>they speak english for no explained reason

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCt58nrgvD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What have i not seen a new /SUG/ in a wile?

I mean if you can figure out interplanetary travel a language based of a 26 letter alphabet shouldn't be that hard to decrypt.

No new episodes, why else?

So the audience can understand said character. There's your explanation, you ass-pirate.

Also, user, after thousand of years living on a planet you might learn a language native to it, you fucking dipshit.

Ah yes, "universal translators".

I was talking about shows in general, but this applies to SU as well, since characters that have never set foot on Earth before also speak english.

How many shows tried to explain this? I remember Ben 10 explaining this by saying that most aliens have traslators, they're pretty common and even the Omnitrix and the plumber batch have them

>A thing in one form of popular fiction.
>Happens in another form of popular fiction.

Mods said no more /SUG/ until new episodes.

Yet the star vs fags get to keep there general.

It's bullshit

Since when has star vs had a general? Just mentioning /sveg/ gets the thread janitor'd.

The only one I can remember is the Crash Nebula pilot, where all the aliens were speaking gibberish to the main character, and when he looked confused they gave him a universal translator earpiece. I actually rather liked how they handled it like that.

Because Mods told them to stick to the general and not make endless shitpost on the catalog, their thread last way longer than the sug/ ones because people watching Star are minority in comparasion to SU, Jack and Rick & Morty

>thread asking one question about Star Vs.
>500 posts follow

user isn't wrong, they just found a workaround.

there's something i want to write involving aliens, but i suck and am not creative enough to tackle this problem

>Alien language is, by astonishing coincidence, almost identical to english

They still have there general. They just name the threads Star vs *insert random shit here*. They've been doing that since season two started. And it seems the mods look the other way because it's not an 'official' general.

I'm starting to hate myself for being so knowledgable about this show but the Gems have things like automatic gravitational adjustment, shapeshifting, and dimensional pockets, so chances are, as anons have said, language wouldn't be a problem for them. Their technology is *supposed* to be ridiculously advanced but Gems are the biggest jobbers in fiction by a mile.

>the aliens invented English
>it's unexplained why aliens took words from other languages

Not just that, but Lapis was interrogated once she managed to reach homeworld.
Awfully...convenient, but that could be an explanation.

>Yet the star vs fags get to keep there general.
And it's nothing but cuck memes too, so I'm not sure you could make the argument that they're trying to keep the mods are trying to keep the quality of discourse high.

>alien race has a british accent

Future vision?

Well if the rebellion ended 5000 years ago, I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't know.

So basically in this timeline, the CG's are responsible for the birth of civilization as we know it and without them we'd be dirty shit flinging apes?

I think it was mistake having Steven be 14

No, humanity in SU should be somewhat setback with the presence of the gems, ironically.
However at the same time there might be a governmental agency devoted to studying the alien technologies on earth.

SU's earth might've actually balanced out due to these factors.
Even with it's fucked up map and state of the world.

>and without them we'd be dirty shit flinging apes?
Not really they said, to just showed up to help in case of gem monster or tell humans to not go into some place, now some of the gem culture it's been found by humans and they just asume is a dead civilization, they really need to explain how many people knows about gems

Same for Loud House, Voltron, and Gravity Falls.

You /sug/tards do know you can literally make threads by not slapping "general" on the subject, right? If it worked for /sveg/ and /TLHG/, it will work for you.

Not really because mods tend to delete su threads, they usually just let the su hate threads stick around

They delete the general or any thread that relates to the general's degeneracy if the show's on hiatus.

It hasn't happened in a while, but there was a time when they'd put the bump limit to one and only allow 1 SU thread a day if that. Seem more liberal about it now, I think it's just more trendy to make SU hate threads these days when even the fandom's disliking the show.

All I can say is...
>Low quality Filler....AGAIN.

You realize that's like 80% percent of the show? If you aren't used to it now, you never will.

SU fans are angry because this episode was a click bait, they already know the twist, so i don't know if that is going affect the ratings on that episode

There used to be progress in the story and plot once upon a time, but from what I remember user's wanting more slice of life episodes and whimsical adventure like W.O.Y.
This is the same bolox that happened with P&F shipping in the end.

English obviously comes from the gems. They're been on Earth since pre-Biblical times.

On top of the previously mentioned 'it'd be easy for them to learn' and 'they're ridiculously advanced'

It'd be too much fucking effort for the writers to actually develop a new language with all the grammar and intricacies that it contains.
Though there is a written language for some reason.

And there are gems on home world that haven't been to earth so…

I've always guessed they didn't communicate based on an understanding of a language but were capable of communicating to people magically regardless of language. It'd add to the OPness of their power….now if only they didn't posses a lot of the flaws humans have despite evolving for different purposes without the biological needs and drives that would have been an evolutionary necessity to develop emotions.But of course we have to humanize them because drama and audience attachment.

In what way was the episode "click bait"? What did it supposedly promise you?

Isn't it exactly living up to its name? It's literally about an alternate end to those videos.

This bothers me mainly because their written language is different
Voltron does this too

To me nothing, but the day this thing came out, everyone SU fag was crying how this was click bait episode and bla bla bla, from what i understud every episode called Lion movie apparently moves this show plot, so they thought this would be the case again, but nothing happened. Can you comfirm if this is thruth or people were just crying again?

Not really. The first lion episode introduced Lion, Lion 2 revealed Rose's secret lair, and Lion 3 introduced Rose's tape. Not much plot progression in those episodes.

/sveg/ felt the same way when the mods kept banning the star threads while there were a crap ton of SU threads up at the same time

So people were just expecting lore because to much filler and got mad that all, well which season is thing on anyway?

Our show is not fillled with mindless filler he actually have lore filled episodes to add new discussions stay mad at CN

Hold this

>show taking place entirely disconnected from Earth
>characters speak english
>refer to themselves as speaking something else
I love this throwaway explanation, like the Star Wars universe having galactic basic instead of english.

They made an episode about a subplot, no update on the Diamonds, no no progress on Jasper and no new story or plot progress.
>Nothing terribly interesting.

Nice bait user, even star vs lore episodes fill like filler, but maybe thats a good thing

>having a desk in the middle of the room and not against a wall

Well, it did reveal the location of Pink Diamond's ship, which was worth about as much as the reveals in the other Lion episodes, so I don't know how other fans think.

I remember than day everyone was spaming thread of how SUfags got btfo, because it wasen't a lore episode and all that and something about this show airing plot episodes on bomb and that weekly one are always filler

because star vs is actually good

>because star vs is actually good

PFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I just happen to pass by this shit thread and saw this.
it's funny seeing two autistic fat manchildren like Starfags and Tumblr Universe think any of their poorly written children's shows is of any good.

Your general was nothing but smut

We have two boards for that shit

The only reasons it's popular on co are either

1) they want to fuck the bug
2) they want to fuck the Mexican trap

The difference is that stars keep to their thread

You faggots were told to keep to your thread and repeatedly left and baited so you're getting punished

nothing wrong with that is there

Wait a fucking second

THEY LITERALLY HAVE REFERENCE SHEETS IN THIS PICTURE

AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN FUCKING FOLLOWING IT.

Holy fucking shit

And here we go.

>P&F shipping in the end

What?

What is this?

>Robbie rotten

Leaked episode because CN is incompetent.
It wasn't very good.

I'd make a greentext but I don't know enough about Mass Effect to put anything relevant in it.

>look at t his [mass effect term], that I just found!

You didn't see the last episode of Phineas & Ferb? It was a drastically different tone than the rest of the show.
>I want you to be forever summer inside of me Ferb.
>Where's Perry?

I tend to miss the last episodes of a lot of things, and then get spoiled, and then think "why bother now?".

That was an understatement

There was nothing funny or interesting and it was just Steven stressing out and crying over trying to figure out the purpose his mom had for him

gems weren't even in it and there was no explanation as to why

There was a half-hour special before the finale about Phineas and Ferb being set 10 years in the future, in their college years. Throughout the whole episode, it transitions to developing Phineas and Isabella's relationship and finally making them kiss.

It's a cute trap

>>character isn't from earth
>>they speak english for no explained reason

Unless the series is hard science fiction then i don't care if they just now how to speak english, that is usually a chore to explain and usually a waste of time and just inconvenient all around

What if I want to see the mexican trap fuck the bug?

You're on Sup Forums mate. Don't flatter yourself.

>character isn't from earth
>they speak non-english for no explained reason

I was hoping that gems can intrinsicly understand Gem language and thus Steven can understand homeworld gems because he's a gem. Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Rose specifically learned English.

Only loose ends are Greg and Connie. Greg we can say was taught by Rose in their relationship and Connies only partially a loose end, since Peridot and Lapis definitely know English from Camp Pining Hearts by The New Crystal Gems. Connie and Ronaldo both commented on Peridot's broadcast, but I don't think they said anything about the content.

Nah, it's established that the Gems have their own language and that Steven doesn't know it, sorry user.

Written sure, but spoken?

It's entirely possible that Gems speak Gemlish and he hears English since it's what he's more comfortable with/his gem powers only relatively recently started functioning.

Greg understood Rose and the crystal gems though, plus there's never been dialogue between him or Steven that indicates a language difference between the two.

>Aliens are just humans with unnatural skin colors.

I was surprised Hanazuki didn't fall into this. Creatures speak at least 3 different languages, and finding a way to translate is sometimes plot important.

Why does a little web cartoon handle this better than most of the big shows?

SU is tumblrina lesbian MLP tier shit and be ashamed SUfags!

in SU is the gems language. it's implied that humans learned it from them

>SU went to absolute shit
>people just lost desire to talk about it
Sugar literally killed /sug/
Based dyke

Gems inhabited Earth long before humans did, if anything the language was the Gem's first and humans copied it

general culture still infects the threads even if generals specifically are banned

it's a lost battle. the cancer won

Maybe they invented english in the first place, and in the past, went to earth to teach it.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCt58nrgvD8

It's a universal language that just happens to sound exactly like english.

>it's implied

Yeah, eat shit, fucking everything is implied in that show and anyone could make up shit without evidence or logic behind it, just like you just did, becouse there's no evidence to the contrary, becouse there's no evidence of fucking nothing, everything is left up in the air for the sake of "Mistery"

Truth is they can speak the same language becouse its convenient, which is fine, it doesn't need to be explained becouse this isn't fucking Star Trek, it doesn't matter and it will only waste everyone's time, time they could use in another townie episode

>mistery

>its not because of this that or another inworld speculation
>its only because its a tv show

You sound like fun at parties.

>Its not becouse the writers didn't thought it was important or relevant
>Its becouse of this shit i made up

We both know the writers don't care much (If at all) about the science fiction aspects the show might have, why are you even pretending anyone in the writing room ever cared or thought about this? The answer is fucking magic, who cares? Its the one plot point i don't mind being brush under the rug since it will only cause more problems if explained, its not part of the motivations for the characters or necessary for the plot so its not important

So take your headcanon and shove it up your ass

Some people like to do this thing called speculation. Get over it.

Or just unnatural ears

>series has fantastical premise
>tries to unessecarily rationalize the fantastic with mundane bullshit that is still fucking fictional, so it does nothing but ruin the magic and hurt the series
muh. fucking. bacteria.
Also Worm and the retarded alien whales.

Also
>intergalactic robots that have mastered FTL travel can't into language

This. Fuck waifus, I'm all about the shippan.