Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Alright let's put aside all the pedo-meme threads

What did you actually think of this movie?
Did you like the way Terra was done?
Who was that guy after the credits?

>Who was that guy after the credits?

That was Jericho, you fucking casual.

I need to know too was the film good or decent. Did they try to hamfist any more shipping between Raven and Damien?

Honestly, I was annoyed at how Gar tried to paint her as a hero at the end. She only attacked Slade cause he betrayed her not cause she gave a shit about the titans. Hell she brought the place down to kill him and if it killed everyone else she wouldn't have cared.

>intentionally give Starfire way better hair in the flashback so people are acutely aware of how bad her current hair is
for what purpose

So how was Slade handled overall?

>Red Nightwing.

For why?

Is it just me or was the animation quite bad in some scenes?

>I need to know too was the film good or decent.
It was good. I liked it. Actually something that made me actually buy something from DC in a long time.

>Did they try to hamfist any more shipping between Raven and Damien?
Hamfist no. They stood close to each other, had 2 interactions of dialog, and she wordlessly gave him a puppy in the last 20 seconds of the movie. which may or may not be Tidus. I know people don't like Damien touching their waifu but he has gotten a lot better since the last installment. He has faults, he gets the shit kicked out of him, and mocked.

Both he and Raven are taken VERY backseat in this movie which is understandable because of their focus in the prior.

Wonder if Kevin Smith will be in more upcoming DC movies

The budget has been lower since DKR part 1 and 2 so that's to be expected

What happened?

He has to

Stan lee is going to die real soon so someone needs to make the cameos

Honestly, he was pretty generic merc Slade. Just doing it for the money and cause fuck kids lol. Also to fuck over damien cause that whole movie happened.

The movies didn't do as well as they wanted for one thing

Dick and Kory were cute and well written
Raven and Robin were put into the background and didn't have any really shippy moments until right at the end
Damian was much more likeable and less of a jerk
Terra was a bitch
Beast Boy was annoying
Jaime was decent and the focus on his family was nice
Deathstroke was OP and a big step up from how he was portrayed in previous films
Brother Blood story line was really boring though

decent movie, a bit better than the other nu52 films at least

>tfw Kevin will become DC's official cameo rep
guh

I didn't like it.

I never felt sorry for this Terra the way I did in the old cartoon series. She just came across as a dumb bitch who didn't appreciate all the opportunities she was given.

Blue Beetle's characterization was almost interesting, but took a back seat too quickly to be explored.

Damian was useless. He didn't have any good moments here, and he was irrelevant to the main plot. Why did they even hook him up to the machine?

Beast Boy was well done. He seemed like a good person who didn't take being a superhero too seriously.

Raven's character missed the mark. Rather than seeming dark and mysterious, she was bland and boring. It's like they were trying to find a way to make her like the cartoon series Raven, but wanted it played completely straight. For whatever reason it didn't work well in this movie.

Starfire and Dick had the most potential with the least payoff. Starfire was shown to be conflicted about Dick's return to the team, and she felt little threatened by him. Dick didn't want to take over, but his natural leadership was starting to overshadow Starfire. It was being explored bit by bit throughout the movie, but in the end Starfire still gets damseled and rescued by Dick. There arcs would have been much better if their roles in the finales had been switched out.

Side note: the animation looked pretty bad. It was really clunky at points, one scene in particular of Raven walking away from the team looked like a circa 2002 newgrounds animation.

big fat nothing

>blue beetle jobs again for the second movie

He literally shows up and his bug decides to go full charizard and just attack his friends every time. He should be able to shoot through his enemies but instead it's like some sonic cannon instead of a gun reee.

Need cyborg not beetle.

Yeah I thought the bug was supposed to be an incredibly dangerous weapon.

>Stan Lee
>dying
you're funny

>tfw still don't have anything signed by him to prove I'm a real comic guy even though I don't actually read comics

i'm running out of time

Why would you want to pay 50$ for a subhumans signature on a work he probably didn't have much to do with?

He also signs just about everything so when he is dead his autograph is going to be worth the same amount as a fistful of pubic hair.

for the legitness

It is. Martian Manhunter dilemma.

red robin

>I never felt sorry for this Terra the way I did in the old cartoon series. She just came across as a dumb bitch who didn't appreciate all the opportunities she was given.

Terra has been a bitch hungry for Slade cock since the 80's

Better generic than mediocre I guess.

>the animation looked pretty bad.

I think I know which scene you're referring to, but it was Terra (not Raven) walking away, right? I actually laughed out loud at that part.

I can't find the exact one but I just remember seeing one of them walking away and the walking animation looked like it had half as many frames as it should have.

TFW Me and my friend took a pic with when he came to town. That was three years ago.
Like what he said they offer a signature but I was happy with a picture.

Took a shitty screenshot. It's this scene.

Is Jaime black?

yeah that's the one god it looked awful

pic related is also pretty bad

He's Hispanic you mong.

Terra: Is there a problem?
Raven: Not yet.

Raven is too good for Damian.

By the next movie Dick is going to be giving Damian the talk.

This is a bad post because some hispanics are black (Cuba and the Dominican Republic have them). But Jaime is not.

This scene was pretty fucking bad

Best and most comic version of Terra yet.

>Deathstroke fucking a 14 year old girl and threatening to turn Damien into a fuckboi

The main thing this movie has taught me is that there are a shitton of people on Sup Forums who haven't read the Judas Contract.

I don't know why everybody keeps saying Deathstroke was a pedo in this. It's pretty clear that Terra wanted to fuck him, but he was just leading her on, he wasn't actually into her at all. He kept promising her a relationship later, but never had any intention of following through.

Slade fucked Terra in the comics also Terra is shit pre-Flashpoint and was turned into a forgettable hero post

Atlee>every other Terra

Yeah, but in the context of the movie it was clear they never fucked.

but still has a highly sexual tension relationship,
so winch one is better and more realistic ?

I ship them.

short haired Terra
comix wersion
if only this movie could have been made from the TV series version it would be soo much better

>so winch one is better and more realistic ?
The one where he doesn't fuck a minor but still emotionally manipulates her, while still keeping the sexual element.

In other words they did it correctly.

>tara was a diamond all along!!!!!

fucking how?? she didn't redeem herself in any way at the end.

I can see why Damian has his eyes on her just the first time they meet, just look like that body of her, trigon and arella did a great job.
Speaking of Raven's possible love interest, which one will Trigon prove more ?
Which boy he would approve more to date or even inseminated his teenage daughter ?
He is still in her head in the movie
And looks like Raven is going to the more active and on top one in this possible relationship, since she's the one that gives gift

Gar's making excuses for her because he was in love with her, and because she's dead.

He's a teenager. He's allowed.

raven is definitely a qt

why they gotta play that sp00ky music every time she talks though?

Honestly I think it's gotta be one of the best post-DCAU offerings yet. I've been following this shit since I was a kid, pretty avidly, and while I always enjoy these things, they're rarely above a 5/10 imo.

This movie was an exception; it's up there with all Star Superman, gods and monsters, and flashpoint.

Leagues ahead of anything else in the vaguely interconnected new 52 era

About the TV series, I have grow to have mix feelings about the show. On one hand, it was a interesting show that really boose the popularity of Teen Titan. But on the hand, it also limited the potential of the show.
Because of the show,
you get to ofen see people use comic version complain about Starfire or Raven being too sexy and sexualizedand or Terra has sexual relationship with Slade should happen.
The show made many people see Teen Titan as some funny and children friendly show, thus can't accept and compalin anything more adult and unlike the tv.
For many , the more childish cartoon seem to be the true canon and classic instead of the comic.

Beast boy looks more feminine then Terra.

Chang?

I honestly really liked it. It felt like a nice combo of the show and comics. I was going in expecting it to be okay but no I was actually surprised. Brother Blood's scenes were dull though.

7/10

I liked the movie overall but I kind of feel like the bit off more than they could chew with this story. The Brother Blood stuff felt half baked, and I would have liked to see a bit more characters playing off each other while fighting. I also am still not a big fan of the artstyle they've adopted for these recent films. It lacks any sort of flair and only the dialogue differentiates this film from the other ones.

I think the did the best possible version of the Deathstroke/Terra relationship without having him fuck her.

The dialogue was alright and really made me wish there was a new PROPER Teen Titans show. Not as Zany and comical as TTG but not as deathly serious/melodramatic as Young Justice.

Also I like Damian on the Teen Titans, he works well. Blue Beetle not so much. . .

>What did you actually think of this movie?
It lacked focus. It felt less like a movie and more like a collection of scenes with no theme to tie it together.

-Nightwing/Starfire romance had nothing to do with anything else
-Blue Beetle's issues was only tangentially related to Terra
-Raven and Damien had barely anything to do

>Did you like the way Terra was done?
No, they made her too evil. Teen Titans Cartoon Terra was actually friends with the Titans before betraying them. And she really was in love with Beast Boy, unlike Judas Contract Terra.

Cause the show did it more cohesively and tastefully.
TT Comics were C-list and it showed.

>deathly serious/melodramatic as Young Justice.
whelmed

>Cause the show did it more cohesively and tastefully.
>this is what cartoon babbies actually believe
we need a comics and cartoons board split

Yum

>you get to ofen see people use comic version complain about Starfire or Raven being too sexy and sexualizedand or Terra has sexual relationship with Slade should happen.

It's nothing to do with that. It's do with the fact the comic was poorly written and tasteless. It made no sense for a kid Terra's age to be cast as an unforgivable piece of shit and for Slade, her manipulator and rapist, to be forgiven by fucking Beast Boy of all people. It made everyone look bad, especially the writer.

>and rapist
Is this, once again, the only reason Sup Forums needs to trash a story?

Well they fixed Jaime's JUST hair.

But cartoon Terra is not the true Terra like in the comic,she is too good.
The movie did a better job in my opinion.
It mix the elements of both the Terra in the cartoon and the comic.
She's not too good like in the cartoon but also not that evil in the comic as well.

It's like you didn't even read the post.

But all star superman was shit though.

The flackback was such a tease. I'd vastly prefer to see Dick's team with his peers at the right ages.

The only reason anyone would even give a shit about Terr's betrayal in the first place is if she was sympathetic and actually cared about the Titans. The Judas Contract movie fails to do that. She didn't like them. She didn't like Beast Boy. She didn't even flinch when they were about to be killed.

nigger poop is dribbling out of your rotting anus

dont report me pls

Slade's son? How does that make any sense?

I have mix feelings about that part too.
It was a part that made Slade more human and good but the writers but it's also the part that they made Terra even more evil and worst.
It was like they want Slade to be a good guy, so the writers put all the blame to Terra, saying that's it all her fault and she so e~ vil that all that happened between her and Slade is her doing.

That's why I think this film did a better job
of portraying their relationship.

>Raven's face
Did the budget get cut again?

The funny thing is that my reply was going to be a lot more hostile, but then I told myself,

>Wait, this is Sup Forums. You can't talk like you do on Sup Forums or Sup Forums. People around here tend to value politeness.

She did, the part when she is packing and looking at the photos in her phone, Slade even told her that it's normal to feeling tword them. And she really is happy during the birthday party and the kiss.

The show did a better job in many aspects.

>blue beetle getting taken out by a few car batteries
>starfire and raven taken out off screen

the budget is always getting cut

Did Trigon give his daughter suggestions
in her head ? The film seems to hint that he did and is not approved of her battle skills.
He probably will like Damian more, since he is the son and grandson of the the leaders of an ancient cult

Kevin Smith is a Marvel shill now that he's around Bernardin all the time. They spent a half hour the other day fellating the Spider-Man trailer.

Bernardin a goddamn shit.

The Suicide Squad part of this image is stupid, but it's spot on with Batman and WW. (and Flash in the SS section).

Then she deletes the pictures and smiles when they're about to be executed. She didn't give a shit about them. She was just mad Slade rejected her.

>no way, fag

I'm not gonna lie.
I was skimming through Sup Forums fast enough that Damien and Terra kinda blended together in my head to make Naruto.
And I was like "some kinda Naruto/TT fanfiction?!"

>Did you like the way Terra was done?
Oh, she was done all right.

what was beast boy like in the original teen titan comics?

right now he's a fusion of his cartoon incarnations.

Why don't you read a goddamn comic and find out?

these old comics are not in the usual spots, friend

Horny and depressed to the point of self-loathing with brief periods of insane homicide rage.

>Homicidal
Also I guess it not really a rage as so much as a bloodlust.
Point is Beast boy has literally eaten people before.

buy them

Too true ; ~ ;

It was alright, but felt lacking. Maybe because I saw the same plotline in the CN Show

>buying old overpriced comics

>making excuses for your ignorance

umm dude, the bug shot at terra because she was in cahoots with a madman and it could feel so, also the bug hates damian because he fights with intent to kill
its part of the plot you know

Why do you think they're expensive? I'm seeing $10 for some of the trades.