Do you think X-23/Laura makes an enjoyable Wolverine? Or does her taking Logan's mantle diminish her individuality?

Do you think X-23/Laura makes an enjoyable Wolverine? Or does her taking Logan's mantle diminish her individuality?

I Like it. Plus Logan doesn't really need the costume. It's a great look, but he works just as well in a wife beater and jeans. While the Wolverine look works for X-23.

Coolest woman character.

Let's split the difference

Isn't it weird that the coolest woman character is in fact, a man?

Its weird, I haven't cared for a single appearance or storyline with her, but I still don't have a problem with her taking the Wolvie role.

Eventually a decent writer will do something good with her.

Pretty much agree with this dude.

I think it helps her move on from the 'X-23, damaged emotional clone' thing once and for all too.

>taking Logan's mantle diminish her individuality?

Yes it does

Nah.

should of been Daken

Because it CAN make sense in theory, not something that's an automatically bad idea right away. The execution is key.

I really dont see the reason why we should call her Wolverine (except brand recognition of course). I thought part of her character was realizing she doesnt have to be exactly like Logan, despite the genetic similarities?

I agree, but then they threw his colors on her

>Do you think X-23/Laura makes an enjoyable Wolverine?

No.

Wolverine is Logan and no one else.

Laura is X-23 and no one else.

Putting Laura in Wolverine's clothes damages both characters.

>Not wearing slutty leotard
trash

Logan's dead, user. X-23 was always meant to be his Legacy character.

I've been enjoying the run but I still don't accept her as Wolverine.

Wolverine was never a mantle. Logan was a short hairy smelly ornery man who will fight you on general principle. He hates authority and doesn't like to be told what to do. What is a wolverine? It's a small hairy smelly ornery creature that will fight larger creatures on general principle. They've been known to chase bears off their kills. The codename works thematically.

Laura just doesn't fit that theme at all.

>Logan's dead
For now

>Logan's dead
>In cape comics

Almost 3 years and Xavier has been dead since 2012.

Oh he'll be back. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next month or year, but he'll be BACK.

Doubt it with this guy around. But who knows.

Or not.

Jeans still dead.

The Xavier thing is actually pretty interesting. He's been gone awhile now and a lot of the key things to the X-status quo right now hinge on him being dead. That's a lot to undo, and it's been half a decade he's been gone.

>inb4 his resurrection fucks errrthing up

Wasn't there also some thing about Mystique and how her resurrection of Logan would mess up Secret Wars or something?

>Always meant to be his legacy
Thats bullshit user. Shes meant to be better than him, and that doesnt require the name.
3 years aint shit for dead cape characters. He'll be back, and it will be advertised like a damn spectacle like every character before him that was resurrected. Point is, Laura is the best at what she does, but what she does doesnt have to be what Logan would have done. user was right, slapping the name Wolverine on her weakens them both

Does it really count when they kill of a character just to replace them with the same character from an alternate timeline?

If you read the book that's something she's struggling to be Wolverine but she's not trying to be Logan.

I think maybe I'd like it more if she'd kept more of her stoicism or assassin logic that she used to have. Yeah, it made her sound like a robot in the hands of bad writers, but it was still more unique than the voice she has now that's pretty much identical to Jessica/Carol/Every other YASS Queen.

It sucks because if anyone was gonna pick up that torch I'm glad it's Laura but if you're gonna make her not feel like Laura then what's the point?

>Laura is X-23 and no one else.
No she's not, a big part of character is NOT being X-23.
>Putting Laura in Wolverine's clothes damages both characters.
How? How is Logan's daughter trying follow his example as hero and X-men damage the characters?

No.

Still dead.

Is dc ever gonna bring back real batman from earth 2?

Only Sjws and liberals in tumblr like her as wolverine

>she has now that's pretty much identical to Jessica/Carol/Every other YASS Queen.

Your opinion officially goes in the trash

Isn't that kinda hard when Logan, when so many incarnations of Logan, are the Wolverine? It's an identity that's so attributed to him, and Laura doesn't want to be him, yet she chooses to dress as him (until recently, but still).

I feel like her being wolverine is making her part of the current marvel diversity anti white cancer that is

Kamala
Whor
Miles
Riri
etc

>Only Sjws and liberals in tumblr like her as wolverine

What is with Sup Forums and it's aversion to females?

All leotards are slutty leotards.

Fat old ugly neckbeard fans mad at wimmen.

She'll never be Wolverine. Actually it's kind of disturbing they even tried to make her Wolverine. The costume just looks really, really bad on her.

For real though, X-23 was a cool character of her own. She'll always be X-23. Never Wolverine.

So? Just because she doesn't want be him doesn't mean Laura can't respect his legacy and keep his mantle alive.
Did Wally West want to be Barry Allen when he became the Flash?

Do people not get the point of Laura's character is to not be X-23?

I think she already respects his legacy by existing. She's his clone/daughter, she has all his powers. She doesn't need to wear his mantle to keep his memory alive.

And to your second point, it's still weird: the mantle of "Wolverine" is something that she is but is trying to not be at the same time. Is she trying to change how people perceive "Wolverine?"

they took his brain and destroyed the mutant power part this past Wednesday

You're in a male clubhouse and ask why? You know why.

Maybe they can do something interesting with the whole wolverine thing. They could do a slow progression as Laura grows into her own character and eventually "graduates" from being a wolverine clone to an important and unique hero of her own like Dick Grayson.

It's bizarre how you people conflate these things. It's like your brains have some kind of defect. How does not liking her as Wolverine mean I have an aversion to females?

I'd much rather see her be her own thing, either X-23 or Talon, or just Laura Kinney, whatever, instead of shoved into Logan's old clothes that don't really fit her.

>the mantle of "Wolverine" is something that she is but is trying to not be at the same time.

What are you even talking about? She's trying to keep Logan's legacy as Wolverine alive but she's not trying to be him those are two different things.
>How does not liking her as Wolverine mean I have an aversion to females?
You claimed only SJW and tumblr likes her as Wolverine if that doesn't scream"I hate females" I don't know what goes.

>Wolverine is a hero
Christ. Next you'll say the Punisher is a hero.

>She's trying to keep Logan's legacy as Wolverine alive but she's not trying to be him those are two different things.
It's really, really hard to see those as two different things when she runs around AS Wolverine, in his og colors. She wants to keep the legacy alive but not be him? Then why does she dress like him? Or call herself by his moniker? I mean, even Miles and Kamala changed their costumes up to distinguish between them and their counterparts. Laura just took the yellow and blue and ran with it for a while.

She's trying to not be him, but she's sure as hell "being him." You can keep someone's legacy alive without doing what Laura's doing.

>You claimed only SJW and tumblr likes her as Wolverine if that doesn't scream"I hate females" I don't know what goes.
Except I'm not that user. I'm a different user that likes Laura, but not Laura-as-Wolverine.

So those times he fought to save the world with the X-men, Avengers, Etc. Don't count?
You clearly don't understand me so I'll put the best way I can.
She's emulating Logan but she's not trying to be him.

>She's emulating Logan but she's not trying to be him.
"Emulating" means "match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation." Synonyms being mirror, copy, echo, etc. If she's emulating him, she's copying him, trying to be him. This was made blatant when they design her with his suit

...so, am I the only one who notices the BIG lips Lopez gives his women?

this

its making her uncool and a forced down a throat liberal diversity type

>instead of shoved into Logan's old clothes that don't really fit her.
Well it's a good thing she doesn't use them anymore, then.

I meant that more metaphorically with the whole Wolverine title, but I do have to admit the new outfit is very fetching. Not sure how much of that is on the suit's design or just the better art in general though.

I only like her in her og creation in Evolution

There's still something about just dumping her in a loosely modified version of Wolverine's modern blue and yellows that rubs me the wrong away.

I mean, if they were just going to genderswap his costume, they could have at least picked the superior design, you know?

I liked her as her own Persona, I don't really like Wolvie laura.

Lol i shitpost on pol daily and genuinely enjoy her as wolverine

That suit makes me want to pet his tummy. If Laura wore that suit I fear I might succumb.

SAME

I know, right? And that knee-high boot design. Missed opportunity there.

She is better than sniktbub for sure

The lines pointing at the crotch.

Being a hro is not about fighting threats. It's also about being heroic in real life.
Logan, however, last time we saw him, threatened to MURDER a mayor's assistant because he dared to hadle them the bill for rent of the territory they illegaly occupied. In central fucking park.
No hero ever threatens to murder civil cervants because they dared to do their job and get in his way. Logan isn't a hero. He's a bully. Fuck Logan.

Yeah she's pretty good. It helps her move past the whole emotionless assassin waifu bullshit and she's one of the few legacy characters in marvel who doesn't shit all over the person she's inherited the mantle from, in fact she has a great deal of love for him.

Jason Todd was dead for decades
He's fine nowadays

OK you're clearly a dumbass.

So saving millions of lives doesn't make someone a hero?

I like Laura but I think she should have taken the codename Talon like she was supposed to

The only one I don't mind taking up the Wolverine title is Jimmy, oddly. He seems like a better Logan-lite and fits the title more

>The only one I don't mind taking up the Wolverine title is Jimmy,

That bland excuse of a character?
Ha,no.

And Talon is a boring ass name.

>she's struggling to be Wolverine but she's not trying to be Logan.

Hello, Jackman.

I like her being Wolverine in her X-force gray like they've done now, and honestly it feels like a great, natural trajectory for her character arc. I think they've handled the whole thing rather well, her writing in Bendis' X-men aside.

The funny thing is that she's being Wolverine to honor the dead white male character, not put them down. Unlike Captain Marvel being shoved down our throats as the new hotness, Whor beating the shit out of people and doing things better than Thor ever could, etc.

Laura just keeps going along being the best she is at what she does without any of that (though there was something recently about how she's being smarter than Logan and wearing bullet proof clothing, but that was at her sister's request not her own decision).

Logan's Backstory is interesting, engaging, dramatic and still mysterious.

Wolverine's dichotomy of man and beast, the quiet Samurai and the raging berserker, informs upon his character. We feel his struggle. He also manages to surprise us with moments of cool confidence. And his age and adventure filled past means he's got a myriad of interesting buddies despite remaining the eternal loner.

X23 is trying to be wolverine
She was born trying to be wolverine
She's trying to be wolverine now

It's her whole character.

She's a bootleg, made in Hong Kong. That's her whole character.

No she's not fucking better.

She could be her own character but execs won't let her. Because they're stupid enough to think that the most interesting thing about Hyper popular character wolverine is the name wolverine. And that you could slap it on any character you want and it'll still have that appeal.

They just let X23 be her own character.

She's snarky as hell man. She has been ever since Bendis got a hold of her because Bendis has only one character voice and because he's got so much undeserved clout that's her new normal.

They even tried to patch it by saying it's an act she's putting on but she never turns it off so it's effectively not.

Might work for a while but it just sticks out too much when he's working with a superhero team. They could compromise with something like his New X-Men or Ultimate look

Yeah, that's a hard sentiment to agree with with these particular characters

Here' the skinny.
I think that it diminishes her role that they've spent years building up, she's one of the only sucessful new characters in years with her own identity.

That being said, if marvel wasn't so hell bent of remaining status quo, I could see her taking Wolverine's role without him dying.

However due to the nature of this SJW shilling, I can't take it at face value, and immediatly thing it's some sort of pandering. Had this been done later, wihtout Wolverine dying, and without all the other gender swap race bending bullshit being forced down our throats, I'd probably be more receptive,

But we all know this change isn't gonna stick,, and it might even me we don't see Laura from here on out.