Is it worth a watch? I like big monsters and shit

Is it worth a watch? I like big monsters and shit.

It's thoroughly mediocre and forgettable. Think Jurassic World.

I enjoyed it because it didn't take itself seriously and it's kinda silly. It's fun to watch once, but I probably won't be watching it again.

it is horrible. i wish there was a webm of that slowmo scene in the green smoke, holy shit. worse than capeshit

Don't understand the hate it gets. It's like a big budget b-movie with fantastic visuals. It's enjoyable, OP.

Eternal fpbp

This.

It was entertaining. Nothing special but fun to watch, i'd recommend it

>worth a watch
No. It is utterly incomprehensible how a movie with actors designed to pander towards tweens thought a (terrible) Vietnam War analogy would be the slightest bit coherent.

its a big monster movie, so its right up your alley

I likrd it, cant wait to see kong vs zilla

Good movie. Very enjoyable. Don't take it too seriously.

Jurassic World was actively malevolent and hateful towards nostalgic fans though. At the very least, Kong isn't as offensive as that. I'll give you mediocre and forgettable.

How?

Garbage. Watch Peter Jackson’s.

Colin Trevorrow hates you.
He hates that you'll lap up any shit that Hollywood spits out and break box office records in the process. He hates that you don't give a shit about filmic legacies and regurgitated (sometimes shot-for-shot) scenes that neither hold a candle to the original or are purposely derisive to it. He hates that you'll take any non-sensical, lazy plot and keep coming back, even after being burned so many times before. He hates you so much that he'd like to see you tortured, drowned, and then eaten alive.

Colin Trevorrow hates Hollywood.
He hates that the only important thing in making money in Hollywood (and thus being successful) means selling out and focusing on spectacle and superficiality. He hates that the less integrity you have, the more money you get from producers. He hates that films praised in their time get no respect and are treated merely as nostalgia-induced triggers that are a license to print money. He hates it so much that he wants to see fail spectacularly under the watchful, anticipatory gaze of those it swindles and fleeces and then burn to the ground.

Colin Trevorrow hates himself.
He hates that through his laziness or desperation, he has become an idol even when knowing (hopefully) he has produced nothing of value or merit apart from lining stockholders pockets. He hates that he must keep up appearances of trying to appease the masses even though he hates them, since he long ago lost the confidence to actually try. He hates that, somewhere along the line, he did try, and was rewarded with less and less freedom to actually create something new and interesting, and instead is trapped in this prison he willingly walked into. He hates himself so much he'd like to die in the burning wreckage of his craft under the suffocating dome of Hollywood harpies.

Worse than Jurassic World imo.

well if you like shit then you'll love Kong

This was much more entertaining than the drag that was PJ's Kong

the dialogue, the action, the characters, everything is cliché, uninspired and stupid. most of the time it blatantly rips off scenes from other movies: JP2, predator, etc. in the most uninspired way possible. i'm surprised people ITT could enjoy it, maybe if you're young and haven't seen a lot of movies it's OK. otherwise it's only good to see how low hollywood has fallen

what the fuck were they thinking turning that character into a samurai warrior out of nowhere?

It's a fun monster movie. Silly and over the top. Worth a watch if you're up for some big dumb fun.

The best part of this movie was the hipster nu-male director having a cry on Twitter when the "Everything Wrong With" video came out on YouTube.

The movie is just sloppily made. The premise is dead simple. Buncha people crash on Monster Island. But then they fuck it up by having the narrative split between like 4 groups of survivors for no good damn reason.
It's just all over the place and takes what could have been a simple survival story into just a mess.

Its terrible

When was Jurassic World actively spiteful towards the Jurassic Park fandom?

Like the only joke at the expense of the originals was that security neckbeard that kept talking about how cool and "legit" the original version of the park was compared to the shiny new one.

>pander towards tweens
?
The only actor you can say does that is Tom Hiddleson and he barely does anything except the samurai scene.

Give it a watch OP. If you like big monsters as much as your post implies, surely you can embrace the stupidity of this. Don't go searching for the duality of Man like the '33 version.

The scenes with Kong and the backstory of Skull Island are amazing. Human scenes are crap and boring, other than when Kong is also in them or they are talking about Kong.

The scenes where Sam Jackson wants to kill Kong were good

It has big monsters and it's shit
you'll love it