Is Sup Forums ever right about anything?

Is Sup Forums ever right about anything?

no. that's why they're contrarian.

Yeah, you're just retarded

we were right about Justice League bombing

cant wait for that first negative rt review

Ghostbusters 2016....... and that's it.

>consensus-loving progtards hype pop culture and pretend they love politics
overwhemingly shilled

The abomination that was The Force Awakens was critically acclaimed by nearly everyone as well.

They said TFA was good too. And we know that was wrong.

>TFA
>not good

>watch TV news today
>they talk about TLJ premiere
>all people leaving the building they talk with only talk about politics and how important it is to address modern issues in a SW movie

If TFA were actually good, there would be hype for TLJ

"Marvel should panic" must be sarcasm

Everything before that is true, I put wonder woman lower than suicide squad, in SQ, despite being in a shit movie, there was some acting

>actually rating JL higher than WW

WW was boring but passable

Justice League was a mess in every sense unless you're seriously so far up the DCEU's ass you'd deny that fact

TFA was a pile of hot garbage with equally bad writing.

It's amazing how quickly the hype for NuWars just... died

Yeah Justice League did bomb so we were right just over a few months ago.

I think everyone should panic after watching that piece of crap

Weren't they overwhelmingly positive for Justice League? LMAO.

Yes, JL it was a mess but it was watchable for me

Wonder woman was so cringe (gal gadot) that I indeed put it lower than SQ which is considered the worst dc movie

>couple hundred parasitic (((people))) with connections get paid or at least an expenses paid trip to see a movie
>WOAH THEY ALL LIKE IT

amazing stuff.

Even the toy sales are going to be abysmal this year
Heads are going to roll at Disney for sure

>just remake one of the old films for your big reboot into a new trilogy
>fans just expect ESB for Last Jedi so don't bother seeing it
>normies who were excited for Luke feel cheated he was only in the last minute of the film
>then kill Luke in the sequel leaving fans and normies with only Leia to care about

gee i wonder why

Porgs were a fucking dumb idea with a fucking dumb name. If it was back in the OT times it would do fine but nowadays every single franchise and film has an annoying animated character to sell toys for and parents/kids don't care about any of the new ones.

Despicable Me is like 7 years old now and minion toys still sell well, but something like the updated troll dolls from last year's Trolls don't sell shit in comparison

>Comparing views from 3 years ago to view right now

Wew Sup Forums, I know you all hate The Mouse, but this is pathetic

This

Of course it's not going to flop. But this movie needs to make 1.5 billion $ to not underperform.

ITT salty thrawnfags

I love how MouseFags all just happen to also be actual retards, holy shit

It's because Disney prematurely blew their load with the franchise and overwheled the market with Star Wars shit.

i hope the author of this "article" got paid and didnt just post that for free
have some self respect, if youre going to shill, ask for money

Are you retarded? Trailers get 99% of their all views in first week. Why they fuck would anyone watch those trailers long after seeing the movie?

Go compare TLJ numbers to Infinity War or Ragnarok.

Does Luke die? That is seriously all anyone cares about. Someone please start a legit spoiler thread? It's time.

>Luke dies
>So does Snoke
>Kylo becomes the big bad
>Rey's parents are nobodies and there's no big reveal
>Leia doesn't die so the mouse has fucked themselves for Episode IX pretty hard
>Finn doesn't hook up with Rose

I'm excited for the damage control from these article writers when the movie underperforms.

REMINDER THAT LUKE DYING MEANS LITERALLY N O T H I N G
SINCE THIS IS STAR WARS AND HE O B V I O U S L Y WILL RETURN IN EP9 AS A FORCE GHOST

There's a few on the main page.

Luke projects an image of himself into Snoke's throne room, and then he dies from exhaustion.

yes luke fucking dies he could be in the next movie but it would be as a force ghost

I can’t wait for it to break a billion dollars. The Sup Forums butt hurt is going to be astronomical

>believing in reviewers

It's going to be the Age of Ultron of Star Wars, except this time, there won't be an Infinity War to save them, it's just going to be Justice Leagues from now on.

Chinks have no ghost policy. Im pretty sure the same goes for astralfagging around the universe. :)

We need details
We know Kylo is on ach to at some point, what is the conversation with uncle like ?
With Rey ?
Does Kylo Ren slaps chewie for the wound ?

Juicy details, otherwise "leaks/spoilers" won't be taken seriously

It's star wars. Everyone is going to say it's good

Have you forgotten the abomination that was The Dark Tower already?

Pretty sure no one said it would get bad reviews, only that it would be bad. The two are not mutually exclusive.

>>then kill Luke in the sequel leaving fans and normies with only Leia to care about
>with only Leia to care about
user, I have some bad news....

>even under the same house movie studios have been unable to replicate the MCU
How does Marvel Studios does it, lads?

>He's bitter with Luke feeling as though he was holding Kylo back and not letting him reach his potential
>Argues that Snoke has opened him up to the force way more than Luke ever did
>Luke tries to convince Kylo that Snoke is merely slowly pushing Kylo towards something worse than the dark side
>Kylo insists Luke is lying and a fight breaks out
>Luke is defeated and "dies" like Obi Wan in ANH did
>Rey pretends to be convinced by Kylo and goes to see Snoke
>Chewie is already gone by this point to help Poe

Wow, good reviews for Star Wars.

What a shock.

I think MCU has been trailing off too
However, MCU has the advantage of having a huge breadth of fanbases
Milked Iron Man to death? Just announce a thor movie and hype up a new set of nerds

No that's the issue, Disney have put themselves in a corner for Episode IX with Leia still around

Thanks guys. Force Ghost doesn't mean shit. I appreciate you all for the honesty, but you don't kill the greatest Jedi of all time, the reason for fans even bothering, and expect anyone to bother anymore

This makes perfect sense how Kathleen Kennedy literally has the GAUL to INTERRUPTED the legendary Mark Hamill during Disney Celebration.

This bitch has utterly annihilated SW and pissed in the face of fans everywhere. Mark tried to warn everyone during the press tour about how disagreed with everything written, but what he wanted to really say is "this is goddamn bullshit and even I wrote a better screenplay" but was told he was patted on the head by JJ Jewbrams and sent on his way.

He was interested in the fans, Disney is interested in "passing the torch" to a dumb Mary Sue, a NIGGER with no personality that no one cares about, is forced to do his nigger "whooo!" screen as is required of every token black guy, and Poe is supposed to replace Han, which is completely impossible. We get it, Liberal Force, The First Order is Make America Great Again, Snoke with his golden robe is a stab at Trump, the Pope and Christianity, and only through great diversity of people who secretly all hate one another can the great evil (a peaceful and prosperous universe for white, cis males and their beautiful, happy Christian families) can be stopped through fat asians, niggers, and the killing of every major white SW legend.

Mark, you were right this is no longer your story, and it is now no longer the story of any SW fan anywhere.

The hell with this garbage. Fuck the Force.

WHAT ABOUT THE PORG? WHAT DOES HAPPEN TO THE PORG?

>Commie
Oh no no no

if critics enjoyed the awful Force Awakens then logically even if "last jedi" was an average film they would say its great.

Movie link pls..

>make a movie with character diversty that would put the burger king kids to shame
>forget to make those characters actually interesting

It's a replacement for Han. No joke. Chewie treats it like his new friend. Welcome to nu-Wars

Do I smell an animated Chewie/Porg movie in the works?

>dick sucking blogs and youtubers on disney contracts love new disney movie
shoking

Screw you misogynist racist idiot. Kathleen's vision took a stale trope and turned it into billion dollar enterprise that extended the life of the franchise.

they should kill off Chewie
Just drop a moon on him and be done with it
He doesn't deserve this

TFA was marketed to normies. Normies like things for a few months at a time. Remember those 2 months of Pokemon Go?

Contrarians are always right about everything.

Calling it.

i stopped trusting critics after spider-man: homecoming and wonder woman got glowing reviews. too many people are either stupid and easily entertained or have some kind of political motivation.

Well said

>yfw redditors are now circlejerking amongst themselves trying to reassure themselves that these leaks are totally fake, because they're so fucking awful

kek

I'm pretty sure that's just for skeletons.

Justice League... That's about it.

Bravo.

>There will be nitpicks, but The Last Jedi is an excellent Star Wars movie. I was one of those jerks who panned The Force Awakens right out of the gate. The Last Jedi is proof that I was right to do so. *This* is podracing.
– Scott Mendelson, Forbes

Seeing that TFA created Chewie as a nobody background character, this doesn't surprise me

>The First Impressions of Star Wars: The Last Jedi Are Overwhelmingly Good
Are people who talk like this ever right about anything?

Dash Rendar except a meme bird

user from /toy/ here
The stuff from the OG trilogy, the prequels, and the original Expanded Universe generally sells more. No one wants Jyn Erso, but they announce a Jaina Solo figure? People swarm it. That's why you see nu-wars stuff stuck shelf warming. Their figure releases are fucking abysmal. Core characters, I understand, but no one wants to buy a guard who's in the background for 10 seconds or an extra in a weird alien suit you see for half a minute lingering in the background of a set.

all of this would be writing themselves into a hole
this leaves nothing for the next film

People I think are finally getting wise to the fact that the same companies that make these movies are the same or own the companies/individuals that put out reviews and even reviews of the reviews. These studios are more like drug dealers slinging you nostalgia and hype rather than coke or meth.

May I ask how exactly you know this?

is Poe gay for Finn

Ok. Now I'm hyped.

>Jaina
But that's cheating. Every actual SW fan knows that Jaina is everything Rey wants to be, but can't.

>It's Drumpft and white peoples fault

>image is from some Gawker looking site
kys fag

Luckily for us Hasbro wants to make money and knows this shit isn't selling -- so they're making fan favorites like Revan Or Thrawn. Here's hoping a Starkiller or someone else shows up.

>tfw Disney pulls a 180 and announces a SW Legends trilogy

>everyone hates Snyderman for being an angsty version of the original.
>no one bats an eye when Disney fucks up Jedi Grandmaster Luke

Thank you, brother. I am no Star Wars basement dweller and hardly even what a would call a serious fan, just a fan of good cinema in general. I live and fart Kubrick.

That being said, it is just a god damn shame and ANYONE, ANYONE defending Kathleen Kennedy on this one is a complete, corporate tool.

Anyone who would dare respect this NOBODY, who has done nothing, and watch her literally cut Mr. Hamil off mid-sentence "I'M GONNA JUST INTERJECT HERE--" simply because he dare had the audacity to say as a human being with real opinions that he fundamentally disagreed with the direction the director took Luke's story in. How can you respect someone like that unless you're on the bitch's payroll? You can't.

I talked with the director a little back and forth over twitter and told him that Looper was one of my favorite films, so I trusted him (it WAS a great film, because it was smart sci-fi with great twists and very realistic in its portrayal), so I can see why they gave him a shot at SW. That being said, even he had the respect to like/and respond to my comments saying I appreciated his earlier works, trust him with TLJ, but I won't hesitate to state if it wasn't my cup of team. That being said, Kathleen didn't even have the respect to acknowledge Mr. Hamil's concerns because any opinion that isn't IN-LINE with the Disney machine cannot even be SPOKEN OF, not even by Luke Fucking Starwalker.

Is this bitch you would trust with YOUR WORK, your script, your story, or your passion?

Kinda like how Frank O'connor of then Bungie took all of Eric Nylund's amazing, award winning concepts for HALO: The Fall of Reach, completely through them out the door, and made his own absolutely inferior, horrid version in videogame form. Yes, let's completely ignore a gentleman that literally designed atomic weapons at los alamos and is a nuclear physicist who deals with the containment of magnetic plasma-based fusion reactions--turned author--and let's throw it all out.

I literally typed Luke Starwalker, lmao. Forgive me, it's late, that's riddled with typos, but it does get the point across. I hope all goes well. Have a good night, Sup Forums.

>Why We Need White Dudes To Stop Talking About Movies: Sorry Boys, It's Our Turn
>How Racist Jerks on the Internet Ruined Star Wars Forever
>Even If You Don't Care About Star Wars, Watching It Is Resistance to Trump
>Which had a bigger impact on The Last Jedi's opening weekend: racism or homophobia?

>when the movie underperforms
What a delusional retard you are. Screencapped.

>my bro is a huge star wars fanatic
>has two kids he hyped up TFA to
>they liked it but didn't talk about it more than a day, just like any other movie
>he is seeing this one day one with the kids
>don't have the heart to tell him Luke is gonna die

Yeah I've been there lately for soundtrack leaks and it's getting pathetic. Also >He's a ballsy Lynchian kinda filmmaker
I don't what's worse, that Reddit wording or that he's comparing a yes man like Rian to fucking LYNCH. That site needs to be fucking gassed.

>Media praising social justice pandering: The Movie
Imagine my shock

Went to premiere

Honestly, it’s a fairly disappointing movie that’s less an attempt to replicate ESB and more an overdrawn point to “kill” old Star Wars and push nu-Star Wars to audiences

Still not confirmed or even implied really, just passively joked about

Disney don’t have the balls to make a full on gay Finn cuz they’re worried it’ll push the black audience away

>A major victory for representation!

>I've seen The Last Jedi...and it's literally EVERYTHING!

>I am literally shaking. This was everythingI wanted the birth of my son to be and more.

>Porgs!

>The best Star Wars film since Empire!
>t. Critic who declared TFA the best Star Wars film since Empire

Yeah, it's confirmed shit.

Surely you can't just turn up at a premiere. Are you some kind of journalist or something?

If you treat this new series as Star Wars proper and not fan fiction, then the entire OT was meaningless.