What does Sup Forums think of Ace Ventura?

What does Sup Forums think of Ace Ventura?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LbCaptV509g?t=100
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2N4kIEhGms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of my favourite movies. Number 1 is probably my favourite. But the opening of two with Ace becoming a monk after losing the raccoon and then the slinky down the stairs is gold

Don't forget this scene

I watched it 100 times when I was 11. Might watch it again drunk

if you weren't a kid in the 90s you didn't know how insanely popular this fucking movie was and how fucking retarded all the kids at school were blathering on and quoting stupid shit (especially the 'ass you a question' bit) all day long.

Before this I thought the constant Simpsons quotes were getting a little annoying, after Ace Ventura I was wanting those days back. Many kids ended up in detention by doing Jim Carrey bullshit in class.

I kind of liked the film myself.

Then it went to every adam sandler movie, then to Austin Powers, then it went to Borat.

I really enjoy both of them but my favorite scene is the second one where they throw to spears into his legs and hes running around screaming. Carrey overacting at its best

JUNGLE'D

I fucking love how Ace walks in the movies.

>Borat
What's worse than a bunch of high school kids doing Borat impressions? Grown ass men in the military doing Borat impressions. Very nice ever fucking formation

I think those movies had a seriously negative affect on my development as a child. I have some Ace Ventura mannerisms and I still say "alrighty then" all the time.

It was great, everyone was great in it, and the script and execution was hilarious.

Yes, the 'assing you a question' bit was quoted by everyone, but it's because it was fucking funny. It still is...just listen to his voice. There's no way you can't laugh at this and still be human.

youtu.be/LbCaptV509g?t=100

C'mon..this is still hilarious.

it wasnt >ASScuse me! ?
they translated here as there was an ass pun there

to be precise, the translated it to us as:
>ASScuse me! could you ASS'wer some of my quASStions?

The first one was funny.
The second one was not so funny.

Ace was progressive as fuck.

That's a long dick.

I always thought it was a revolver when I was a child.

When I saw it as a kid, I didn't know it was the dick at all...I thought the character had shit her pants, and that's why everyone was getting sick...

I didn't find out for years...

Did anyone notice that Dan Marino was the one who pointed out the bulge to Ace, but he didn't start freaking out about kissing her like everyone else does until Ace explained that it was a dick?

The first one was a film noir.

oh shit

one more thing. Why didn't Marino just explain to the cops there that Rachel was the one who kidnapped him?

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

2 > 1

Love it.

When I was a kid, I never understood the opening scene with the chick going down and then Ace thrashing about. Never made sense to me until years later. And also I thought the chick shit herself.

One of the few comedies to have a competent sequel.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2N4kIEhGms

I thought I was the only one...

Saw this at a sneak preview here in Hamilton back in Feb of 1994. Theater was packed. One of the best screenings I've ever been to!!!FACT!!!

The only jim carrey kino to ever exist

Yeah me too. I was 6 when I first watched it and I didn't understand that scene. Also the part at the end when Ace reveals Einhorn's winky I always thought he shit himself.

This was the first movie I remember everyone quoting all the time as a kid.

The Cable Guy

My annoying fucking room mate loves this movie

Being a Brazilian I knew about transsexuals since tender age. But I always thought that the operation was about implanting the peepee in your butt to be plain and flat in your crouch like a girl is. When I watched the scene it all made sense to me and I thought I ws pretty clever.

He was transphobic as fuck

God tier.

Dumb and Dumber > Ace 1 > The Mask > Ace 2

For you.

kek

Ace 1 was much better than 2. 2 was pretty bad. I was high while I watched it and it was still way below the first one for me.