sees someone mention wind river here

> sees someone mention wind river here
> decide to check it out
> boring at first but turned out pretty kino
any other obscure movie of this tier came out recdenty?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=We7BBxEHqj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude Wind River was amazing

are you looking for obscure and overlooked movies that came out this year or movies like wind river that came out this year?

lol why does he got optics on a shotgun

>obscure

lol

because it looks fuckin lit af

not

>obscure
If it isn't capeshit or star wars it just flies under your radar huh

thats not a shotgun

Here's an obscure gem you may have missed
'twas truly based and pure kino

uh, exsqueeze me?

hmmm try again sweetie

based OP is based
post more obscure kinos from 2017
u may not have heard of this one its korean
it has subtitles but its still based

Its a french "le ver" rifle

>netflix
dropped

Hell or High Water & Sicario are written by the guy who directed it, quite similar (and great).
Certain Women is slow and meditative, but absolute Kino, in a similar setting, Montana, and thematically similar. It's not an action film at all though.

Because you Sup Forums shit, shotguns can shoot farther than 50 meters

It wasn't obscure really, but I though Deepwater Horizon was highly underrated and very good. Similar to Wind River in that it focuses on working-class people who don't live in New York or LA.

It not a shotgun

Hell or High Water

I watched Wind River on a plane with shity $2 earbuds because I lost mine in transit so i honestly didn't hear the dialogue for first half the movie where the wind was blowing throughout all the scenes and everyone was yelling.

It seemed pretty good though.

they filmed deepwater in the parking lot of the abandoned six flags in new orleans, it was a fucking impressive set. fuckers built a full sized replica oil rig in a fucking parking lot

hell or high water is kino

>Wind River
>Obscure

??

>Optics

It's not a shotgun, you try-hard faggot. It's a Marlin lever-action.

Do Americans really do this?

It's just a little banter no harm done

>shotgun
lol

Offshore guy here. Although this was dramatized as fuck, it's insanely technically accurate. They must have had really good advisors because it gets every detail of rig operations right.

Patriots Day was also really entertaining, though i have i idea how realistic it was.

Nothing like Wind River, actually.

do what? have gun battles in the middle of nowhere? yes

someone post the webm of lizzie's thong

She got all those good men killed.

braaaaaaap

Interesting. I noticed some cool little foreshadowing details in the beginning where a lot of the workers flout safety behaviors (like using the command center emergency exit). This fits with my experience working in a safety-sensitive job. Easy to get sloppy.

I liked Flanking deputy but I knew he was going to die when I saw him :(

It is a rifle. The same type that was used in Jurassic World. It is a Marlin Model 1895SBL lever-action rifle with a stainless finish and ag ray laminated wood stock.

mmmm, i like this

she's so fucking cute struggling for breath

Marlin lever action in 45-70. The carttridges are half the diameter of 12 gauge shotgun shells, you blind faggot.

>that dude getting knocked over the table
kek would a rifle round really do that?

Fun story

I was in bumfuck nowhere Florida/Georgia, no one really knows when you're in those woods, looking for a good new fishing spot with my buddy Travis. We'd walked about six miles and past a few secluded houses and were in the thick of the wilderness when we just heard some random dude let out the angriest war cry I've ever heard, followed by a flurry of like 30-50 semi-auto shots from at least a few different guns. We had to cross some kill zones to get back to our car and all I had was a glock 17 and he had a smith and wesson snub nose .38 so we covered ourselves in leaves and shit and crawled under some shrubs whispering to each other. After about 45 minutes we heard a bunch of sirens coming from far away, so we figured we'd go check out what happened before the cops got there. We started walking toward the sounds and it turns out there was a really nice three-story house on about 40 acres back there with a gigantic, super fat bearded white guy holding an SKS on the porch and like four dead niggers on the ground in front of his porch and in his driveway. We shrugged and noped the fuck out of there. It was in the paper the next day

No. Not even expanding rounds do that. Even with big fat bullets as large as the 45-70 it just tends to fly through people thinking, "whoa, that was a particularly thick piece of air."

This movie had a amazing soundtrack i hope it gets a Oscar nomination m.youtube.com/watch?v=We7BBxEHqj0

why are they shooting each other lmao?

hawkeyes injun ex was pretty cute

Is Renner the go to accuracy guy?

what if the rounds were filled with of a lot of gun powder

Then the bullet flies slightly faster and punches through people even easier.

No. Armed Americans only shoot unarmed Americans. When they're on the ground, crawling, being arrested...

>...
Hope you didn't think that was clever

every action has an equal yet opposite reaction , if a bullet hit someone and they went flying then the person who was holding the gun and fired the bullet would also fly backwards

not clever, just stating facts

45-70 is actually a pretty shit round for distance shooting. He would have been better off with a bolt action in 300 Win Mag.

If you guys keep this goinh, /k/ will come a'runnin' to Fudd this thread up.

some are bad guys some are good guys. It's what they do

I know you're already BTFO, but that "shotgun" can kill someone from 500 yards easy

No but watch rubber

Is a .45–70 really as powerful as the movie portrays?

it's not that obscure but
three billboards outside ebbing missouri
is the 2nd best movie i saw in 2017

speaking of an underrated movie about working class people:
only the brave

This is just your average conversation here in the United States

Shot Caller
I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore

nigga look like the guy in front of him at the dmv line just ripped a silent but deadly

>every action has an equal yet opposite reaction , if a bullet hit someone and they went flying then the person who was holding the gun and fired the bullet would also fly backwards

That's now how gun physics work, kiddo.

>a bullet fired from an M16 rifle has approximately 1763 Joules of kinetic energy as it leaves the muzzle, but the recoil energy of the gun is less than 7 Joules

Pretty much his designated role

>filming in what appears to be Wyoming/New Mexico
>no red tape for blanks, and yet the director chose to forgo their use, ruining the immersion of the gun battles

t. salty europoor

Remember to keep an eye out for suspicious trucks and crowded theaters.

That's not shotgun, blindie.
That's Winchester lever action rifle

>muh authority

lmao, obviously they didn't give a shit on who has which authority, they could have gunned them down right there and got away with it.
Movie sucks.
And the local white guy knows everyone in the community and is actually low key best shot/tracker/man in the country.
This movie pissed me off.

i meant to quote this webm, i know these scene was supposed to pander to pseudointellectual manchildren, but it was just bad

The guy who wrote Sicario directed this-you can see how he tried to recreate the same sort of mood and failed. It’s basically the same plot as well, similar characters naive establishment female and a hardened killer outsider with a tragic past in an unfamiliar place. Ironically this movie is kind of “racist” they should have gotten a fucking Native American guy to play Renners part although he did a good job. Olson was bad. And the fight scene wasn’t nearly as good. Lots of broken continuity as well, I literally saw snow in one scene And was mysteriously gone in the next shot. Another mediocre film that channers will gobble up because it isn’t popular.

Some of them (one with darker jackets) are hired security guys for oil company. They are the assholes one, the biggest asshole is the one without the skullcap inside the bunker. The Indian guy + brown jackets are local police,

When the guy got hit in the trailer, he flipped in the air and flew like two meters. I found that a bit unrealistic. Can a hunting rifle really do that?

No. People drop when they’re shot.