You can actually make fun of niggers and kikes if you put them in your movie as goofy CGI characters

>You can actually make fun of niggers and kikes if you put them in your movie as goofy CGI characters.

How did Lucas get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/meXc2TA7ujI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He didnt. People still bitch at him for jar jar, a character introduced almost 20 years ago. He toned down anything that could be construed as racist from that point onward.

He was heavily influenced by Sam Raimi

that explains a lot!

>cartoonish stereotypes of minorities did not affect the negative reception of this film, it was garbage regardless

What did (((they))) mean by this

I don't think most people bitched about Jar Jar because he was racist

Based George Lucas.

explain please, I didn't watch the precuels

Jar Jar Binks is inspired by rastafarians and goofy black people. Even his motion capture actor was a black dude.

The Trade Federation are the chinese. Like I could explain why but that's just what they are, 100%

Lucas has weird views on blacks. He thought his black WW2 movie was the first ever all black cast for a movie.

and Watto was the jew stereotype

No, Watto was an eastern European stereotype, like Niko from GTA

>literally a greasy creature owner of a shop with a SLAVE, a hat, a big nose, an ugly beard and mid tricks not working on him
>not a jew

>mind tricks not working on him

But what does this have to do with anything? Watto was definitely a Jew caricature, but not because of the mind trick immunity. Since when were kikes known for their resistance to magic spells?

kikes do the "tricks" to the goys, the tricks dont work on them

youtu.be/meXc2TA7ujI

>blockbuster action film

I unironically miss him.

If he stayed on and oversaw the sequels, bringing in other directors and writers, it could have been kino. It would have been his come back.

The Sequel Trilogy truly is about burning the old and creating a new Star Wars from it's ashes in their own image. Just look at how they treated Luke Skywalker.

a Rastafarian is racist,, ok

could have been any Middle Easterner desu

Who would come out on top in a business deal, a Toydarian or a Ferengi?

In promoting Phantom Menace, Lucas kept pointing out that he was consciously trying to recreate the style of 1930s movies -- granted, he was probably saying this in part to defend the stiltedness of the film -- One aspect of 1930s movies (and pop culture in general of that era) was racial stereotyping, and a lot of stock characters that were crucial to the serials and pulp fiction that inspired Star Wars were rooted in that.

I think Lucas thought he was being clever by using those stock characters, but by changing them to aliens, he could neutralize the racist elements. He didn't realize that people still remember racist tropes like 'yellow peril' villains and clumsy, easily-frightened Steppin Fetchit types and you can't detach their traits from what they said about the particular races they were attached to (or at least you needed to try harder than Lucas did).

Lucas in promotional materials would later claim that the Neimoidians had 'Transylvanian' accents, but the actor who actually did the voice of Nute Gunray said that he based it on a Thai accent -- which returns it to an Asian stereotype (doubly racist, since Fu Manchu was supposed to have been Chinese -- but of course Chinese, Japanese, and other Asian cultures and languages all bleed together in that white mentality).

The shifty merchant that Watto represents was a standard character -- and may be a generalized Middle Eastern stereotype equally applicable to Jews and Arabs (which is still racist). Lucas Jewed Watto up further in Attack of the Clones, with his hat and further growth of beard, though -- Lucas was probably thinking of Fagin in Oliver Twist, but he'd have to be aware of the controversial aspects of that character...um, wouldn't he?

Did he cast Ahmed Best to somehow AVOID accusations of racism? (i.e. that a white actor in the role might be seen as playing a blackface role)?

So: racist or clueless? The world may never know the truth of that, all part of the conspiracy of billionaire autism and the armies of fearful underlings that brought us The Phantom Menace.