Umaru

What's the cartoon equivalent of this? Asking because it's getting a S2 and I'd like to watch something similar until then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u8i_a6F_K0I
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-08/himoto-umaru-chan-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-this-fall/.114547
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'd like to watch something similar
Then you should watch anime.

>it's getting a S2
HOW HAVE WE ANGERED YOU OH LORD

youtu.be/u8i_a6F_K0I

This creature is fucking weird-looking. And the hell is that anime about?

there is no cartoon equivalent because a show like Umaru wouldn't work in the west
just go watch more animu
it's a wacky anime about an otaku girl that likes vidya

She is outwardly a quiet, high performing student but as soon as she gets home she's a shitbag otaku who lives off Coca-Cola® and potato chips, wears a fucking hamster hoodie and lazes around her older brother's apartment being a useless piece of shit.

This is cute in Japan, but then rape is too.

>but then rape is too.
You're confusing Japan with America.

>Second season
Why

Umaru on the front page!

>it's getting a s2

you have proof of that or are you just cross-board shitposting?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-08/himoto-umaru-chan-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-this-fall/.114547

Sorry, user, a cartoon couldn't possibly handle such a mass of filth and degeneracy. Go back to watching anime.

>She is outwardly a quiet, high performing student but as soon as she gets home she's a shitbag otaku who lives off Coca-Cola® and potato chips, wears a fucking hamster hoodie and lazes around her older brother's apartment being a useless piece of shit.

So...it's about a completely normal teenager?

this is amazing

No. There's a stark difference between her public and private behavior.

A spoiled brat that we're supposed to find endearing.

So a normal teenager.

No.

Instead of engaging in baseless speculation you could just watch it.

I watched it and hated it.

Then you should know that she isn't a normal teenager.

She is. Brats who act polite and modest in public are extremely common, and not enjoyable to watch.

>She is.
So you haven't watched it.

If you're looking for something comparable I'd suggest ISIS decapitation videos.

You know this whole thing is a meme right? There's no actual reason people hate the show so much, it's just a bandwagon that people like you mindlessly join.

>There is no actual reason people hate the show so much

Yes, user. That is exactly what I said. And I know I said because I'm the one who posted it, just a few minutes ago.

Why do so many people do this?

>She

I'm not the one who said that, and she is female.

I don't hate it. I just think this creepy-looking cross of a gerbil and a girl looks awful.

Fresh off the boat?

Projection.

Are you the same guy who claimed people only disliked Korra and TDKR as a meme?

No, redditor. I am not. Maybe you should go back now.

>Projection
Reddit or Tumblr?

>about an otaku girl that likes vidya

Garbage for manchildren then

Basically Regular Show for neets/worse

Projection.

Manchildren and NEETs are memes. Try again.

Pretty much. Regular Show is funny sometimes, though.

>Manchildren and NEETs are otaku

fixed

Famicom's Sup Forums counterpart?

So anyone who is unemployed is an otaku? Really? Are you sure you've thought this through?

Why would I have anything to do with famicom?

how does it feel knowing that Peppa Pig is a 100 times more popular and recognizable around the world than Evangelion, Kill La Kill, Gurren Cringey, etc ?

I don't care. At all. I also don't know what Peppa Pig is or what this has to do with what I said.

>So anyone who is unemployed is an otaku?
more like otakus are unemployed

they also play to the sterotype of never getting laid if they are male

I bet that you play Overwatch too

>more like otakus are unemployed
They are not. Some otaku are unemployed just like some people of any group are unemployed.

>they also play to the sterotype of never getting laid if they are male
And does it trigger if you some people don't get laid?

>I bet that you play Overwatch too
What does Overwatch have to do with this? Where did I say anything about it? Where did I imply anything about it?

Sponge Bob has had a bigger impact in animation than any of the Miyazaki films

even Mickey Mouse cartoons from 80 years ago are more recognizable for people

>Sponge Bob has had a bigger impact in animation than any of the Miyazaki films
This is unlikely, and what does it have to do with what I said?

>even Mickey Mouse cartoons from 80 years ago are more recognizable for people
What about it?

Could you get to the point already? You do have, don't you?

>Almost all of the otakus are unemployed

fixed>What does Overwatch have to do with this? Where did I say anything about it?
Nowhere but those are the kind of games that people with no life play, colorful and they require almost no skills to play beyond spending money

>degeneracy
But that is best thing about anime.

*have one

>Almost all of the otakus are unemployed
Where is your proof for this claim?

>Nowhere but those are the kind of games that people with no life play, colorful and they require almost no skills to play beyond spending money
Nice projection. Have fun with Overwatch.

>This is unlikely
Is not, Sponge Bob has inspired a style of comedy that you started to see more and more in cartoons

While Miyazaki films are good but mostly knwon just in Japan and among manchildren otaku that pirate shit 99% of the time

I dont know. If you look at prices of those figurines and BDs then they have to have money for that shit so i guess they have jobs

>Is not, Sponge Bob has inspired a style of comedy that you started to see more and more in cartoons
And Ghibli has been very influential in Japan, which houses the world's biggest animation industry.

>manchildren otaku
This is meaningless memeshit.

And again what does any of this have to do with what I said? Where are you going with this? What is the point of any of this? Are you mentally ill?

>>Almost all of the otakus are unemployed
>Where is your proof for this claim?

Its true, you bring me proof of that not being the case
>Have fun with Overwatch.

I'm not a piece of shit virgin user, I will stick with Team Fortress 2, better experience, better character design, skill based. Brilliant!

>Its true, you bring me proof of that not being the case
You made the claim, so you have to prove it. The burden of proof is on you.

>I'm not a piece of shit virgin user
You're the one who brought up Overwatch. I never said anything about it. I didn't even mention games.

>Why would I have anything to do with famicom?
You're post style is very similar. Responding to every post, treating your opinion as the only possible one, and re-using the same dismissive non-arguments over and over.

>not virgin
>Sup Forums
Get out

>You're post style is very similar.
You're either lying or actually have no idea who famicom is. Like so many other people.

>I dont know. If you look at prices of those figurines and BDs then they have to have money for that shit so i guess they have jobs

Those sell on a ''a single guy buys a 100'' basis, you are just pointing out about how the exceptions to the rule are keeping that markey afloat

Also most people doing that are single for life

>And Ghibli has been very influential in Japan

Yes, and Japan keeps producing animation that doesn't make money and its only liked by a small group of weaboos.

Is like the snake eating its own tail

I wish cartoons would start catering more to adults the way anime does instead of stuff like Family Guy or Rick & Morty (I do like the latter though)

>The burden of proof is on you.
no its not. if I say that Otakus are a waste of space nobody that its not a otaku would correct me.
>You're the one who brought up Overwatch. I never said anything about it. I didn't even mention games.
I know, but I bet I hit the nail in the head since all Otakus are the same shit.

They watch hours of anime and when they get tired they play hours of ''vidya''

Why do you think this thread was made? Some autistic that thinks that anime plus ''vidya'' are the best combination possible

What's the most popular anime of today? Sword Art Online because anime and ''vidya''

>Those sell on a ''a single guy buys a 100'' basis
No they don't.

>Yes, and Japan keeps producing animation that doesn't make money and its only liked by a small group of weaboos.
Anime is made first and foremost for the Japanese market. Even if something is being made for foreigners, weeaboos are completely irrelevant. They barely even exist, and it's unlikely anyone in Japan knows what they are.

Crunchyroll has a million paid subscribers, and many other companies such as Amazon have joined the anime streaming market since Crunchyroll.

The anime industry was worth $18 billion in 2015.

>no its not.
Yes it is. You made the claim, you have to prove it. That's how it works. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

>I know, but I bet I hit the nail in the head since all Otakus are the same shit.
I've never played Overwatch and it has nothing to do with otaku. Otaku are also not all the same.

>They watch hours of anime and when they get tired they play hours of ''vidya''
And Overwatch is the only video game in existence?

>What's the most popular anime of today? Sword Art Online because anime and ''vidya''
Attack on Titan, Kemono Friends, Yuuri on Ice, Love Live, KonoSuba and Re:Zero are popular recent/current anime. SAO is popular but the first season is not even in the top 20 in terms of disc sales.

And why the FUCK are we talking about this? WHAT does this have to do with ANYTHING?

No they dont. There is alot people who buys those BDs not just one guy.

>Anime is made first and foremost for the Japanese market.
most anime studios go broke and most anime titles bomb money wise

>>Those sell on a ''a single guy buys a 100'' basis
>No they don't.
Defending idiots spending thousands of dollars on dolls and jerking off on them its not the best thing to defend about otaku culture

So yes they have money sometimes, good!

But they spend that money on cheap plastic toys... but not even cheap, overpriced as fuck!

Look at this new Chibi Mikasa! only 60 bucks and it comes with a bag of vagina repelent too!

>vagina repelent
What's wrong with being a virgin

>most anime studios go broke
No they don't.

>most anime titles bomb money wise
Do you have data to back this up? And how is this related to what I said?

>Defending idiots spending thousands of dollars on dolls and jerking off on them its not the best thing to defend about otaku culture
You're changing the topic. First you claimed a single person buys a hundred BD volumes or figures, now you're arguing something completely different that's not even based on anything I said.

>But they spend that money on cheap plastic toys... but not even cheap, overpriced as fuck!
Figures are not toys let alone "cheap plastic toys." They are very intricately designed. Nor are they overpriced. And who the fuck cares about your disapproval? You are a nobody.

>Yes it is. You made the claim, you have to prove it.
I don't, otakus are worthless and that's common knowledge

Even Hayao Miyazaki hates otakus and most anime.

>>They watch hours of anime and when they get tired they play hours of ''vidya''
>And Overwatch is the only video game in existence?

There is Final Fantasy 15, LoL, Dark Souls, etc Just about any game that was designed to be a waste of time

>No they dont. There is alot people who buys those BDs not just one guy.

Yes is just one guy, as in one guy buys more that he can spend on toys instead of using that money to get laid, start a small bussiness or helping animal shelters

>Attack on Titan, Kemono Friends, Yuuri on Ice, Love Live, KonoSuba and Re:Zero are popular

None of those good shows, popular based on stupid ass shit like shipping or ''lol, gore is mature!''

They are just like SAO but with different content, just as bad

>Hayao Miyazaki
kek

>I don't, otakus are worthless and that's common knowledge
Your original claim was they're unemployed, now you've changed it to "they're worthless." So I guess you've backed away from your original claim.

Westerners having the belief that otaku are worthless doesn't mean shit.

>Even Hayao Miyazaki hates otakus and most anime.
Hayao Miyazaki is not an authority on either topic.

>There is Final Fantasy 15, LoL, Dark Souls, etc Just about any game that was designed to be a waste of time
Ok?

>Yes is just one guy, as in one guy buys more that he can spend on toys instead of using that money to get laid, start a small bussiness or helping animal shelters
The anti-otaku movement's "arguments" get crazier and more desperate by the minute.

>None of those good shows
Your opinion.

>based on stupid ass shit like shipping
No they're not.

>''lol, gore is mature!''
So fiction should not have any graphic violence, is what you're saying?

>They are just like SAO but with different content, just as bad
None of them is like SAO.

>What's wrong with being a virgin

Being one by choice is ok, being one because you are such a repelent piece of shit that only likes to masturbate/play video games/ watch anime is not a good thing, is the result of being a fuck up that only wants to eat junk food/watch anime/ play video games instead of using the only life you have to improve yourself

>>most anime studios go broke
>No they don't.
they do.
>Do you have data to back this up? And how is this related to what I said?

yes, anime studios go broke because those animes don't succeed, popular knowledge, google that shit if you are so out the loop that you don't know it.

>First you claimed a single person buys a hundred BD volumes or figures
which is true
>now yoau're arguing something completely different that's not even based on anything I said.

its not a different point, its a extension of my original point, otaku losers spend all their money on trash to the point that most otaku have a toy aisle for rooms/one guy buys hundreds of stupid toys

>Figures are not toys let alone "cheap plastic toys." They are very intricately designed.

So what? Still toys that you buy to fill that void in your heart instead of learning to develop a skill

>anime is produced by humans that can't stand to look at other humans

THIS SHIT, this is why people post ''oh look, the female characters for Injustice 2 look like fucking dudes!!!!!!!''

Because they can't comprehend a woman looking like a real person instead of a over idealized animu waifu with a Michael Jackson nose

>they do.
They do not.

>popular knowledg
90% of the "popular knowledge" about anime in the West is false.

>which is true
It isn't.

>otaku losers spend all their money on trash to the point that most otaku have a toy aisle for rooms
Your meaningless disapproval is not an argument or otherwise of any importance.

>one guy buys hundreds of stupid toys
They aren't toys.

>Still toys
No.

>instead of learning to develop a skill
Otaku work as anime, manga, light novel, game and music professionals and also produce vast quantities of amateur works in those fields.

>anime is produced by humans that can't stand to look at other humans
Except it isn't.

>THIS SHIT, this is why people post ''oh look, the female characters for Injustice 2 look like fucking dudes!!!!!!!''
Someone finding a realistically modelled game character ugly does not mean they are anime fans or that their assessment has anything to do with anime.

>anime autist girl meme gest second season
>flip flappers will never get one

whatever it's still shit and Sup Forums knows it.

flip flappers was garbage

Hating Umaru is a meme.

It wasn't. You just think that anything that isn't 11/10 is garbage because you've been raised on a steady diet of angry youtube critics.

you're a meme

I was not joking. I was stating completely seriously that hating Umaru is a meme.

>>anime is produced by humans that can't stand to look at other humans
>Except it isn't.

Hayao Miyazaki said so, are you telling me that you know more about anime than he does?

>Someone finding a realistically modelled game character ugly does not mean they are anime fans or that their assessment has anything to do with anime.

Yes when they fall on the ''humans that can't stand to look at other humans'' category, they talk shit because they hate that they have real noses and not squirrel like voices.

>>one guy buys hundreds of stupid toys
>They aren't toys.

Are you one of those idiots that things that calling them ''collectibles'' or some shit is going to make buying toys into something else?

That's why people hate otakus, they don't have the balls to say ''Yes, I watch cartoons and I buy toys, so what?''

They always have to make it seem as if they are doing something special and different while they are living the life of a toddler

toys, ''vidya'' and cartoons

It was garbage save for the animations and the sound effects. Pacing is shit, dialogue is shit (kokona lookie lookie xDDD), story is shit
if I hate Umaru is my opinion a meme