Why does the left love Harry Potter so much more than Lord of the Rings?

Why does the left love Harry Potter so much more than Lord of the Rings?

I've never met or heard of anyone who actively hates the lord of the rings.

Harry Potter was made for children.

The faggots that are the left grew up reading Harry Potter and not Lord of the Rings.

He didn't say "hate"
He said they like Harry Potter more than LOTR. I'd say this is true, how many Tumblr fags do you see writing fan fictions and "shipping" LOTR characters ?

Oh, true. but we should be thankful Tumblr has not dug their claws into LOTR

The real question is why you don't like Harry Potter. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has extremely exciting and unique characteristics when set against the others. One of the many consistencies in the series is its excitement and creative use of special effects, which really helps bring the magic alive and the action ert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series wouldn’t be subjected to the bland directorial style he fell into afterwards with War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and Big Friendly Giant. The profitable cross-promotion for her books was really just an afterthought. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Fast and the Furious series in its refusal of stupidity, inanity, and lack of logic. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"Yes!"
The writing is imaginative and comes off of the page; the book is a masterpiece. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character “stretched his legs” rather than using the duller “went for a walk” expression.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time I saw a child’s eyes come alive with wonder while reading the books. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so naturally attuned to the Jungian archetypes that govern human thought that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a whiny, pathetic review of Harry Potter by some guy on Sup Forums. He wrote something to the effect of, “Harry Potter is full of poop.” And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read “Harry Potter” you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Why do young adults love this massive franchise that came out as they were growing up more than this other thing

Qué?

>faggots
Why the homophobia?

Reeeee go to reddit newfag.

In Harry Potter everyone is born special, powerful heroes from the onset, all attending the same school for naturally special people. This makes it more appealing to those people with low energy collectivist sentiments. In Lord of the Rings, most all of the characters aren't that special, and become heroes through sheer force of will and/or quality of character. This makes it more popular among people with more individualistic sentiments. This is why you'll notice left-leaning groups using Harry Potter, to describe and label their reality, on protest signs for essentially every political topic. Same for more right-leaning groups, with Lord of the Rings (although not with protest signs, but rather memes, because the right generally doesn't protest).

is that Kylo Ren bottom right?

clearly you havent seen the silmarillion tag

LotR came out at the same time though.

that's only really true for the hobbits, aragorn and legolas are royalty, boromir isn't a prince exactly but is a highborn son of a lord at the least

>n Harry Potter everyone is born special
That's completely untrue though- The vast majority of people are muggles with no magic, and the story's big reveal is Harry isn't fucking special. As to LoTR for fuck's sake most of the case is some form of royalty or upper-class person whose strong because of their pedigree, except for Samwise who Tolkien deliberately hobbled.

Outspoken progressives are generally younger, and Harry potter was what they were exposed to in adolescence since it was so fucking huge and popular at the time.

LoTR is older, and a much more dry read.

Lord of the Rings is and was marketed to adults, who read the books when they were originally published.

Also Harry Potter did way better than LoTR, even considering LoTR's massive success, especially when you consider the amount of cross-promotional shit like toys.

That and parents were way more comfortably buying a book about kid wizards on the cover in the kid's section than LoTR.

FLIPFLOPENDO

Harry Potter is slightly more interesting to read. Both are still shit.

I hate it and the movies are fucking stupid

>the story's big reveal is Harry isn't fucking special
Nigger what the fuck? He was a fucking Horcrux. He was the ONLY person to survive the Avada Kedavra in the entire canon. The Phoenix fell in love with him. Dumbledore circlejerked him. He literally causes the dead to rise just by being there.

Harry Potter was written for children by a woman who loves retconning her characters with flavour of the month real life issues.

This character is gay
This character is a tranny
This evil organisation represents the alt right

because girls cannot understand good literature

*tips fedora*

Because LOTR is a reactionary monarchist fable

YOU DUN IT NAO ARRY POTTER

One setting features fairies and sex/species changing. The other did not. Now you tell me why

>He was a fucking Horcrux.
He was made into a horcrux, and all it meant was he had to die first before voldemort could die.
>He was the ONLY person to survive the Avada Kedavra in the entire canon
because his mom used a perfectly ordinary spell. He wasnt born with any special power to defeat avada kedavra.
>The Phoenix fell in love with him.
wat?
Dumbledore circlejerked him.
yes Dumbledore liked him, so what exactly? Gandaff liked bilbo
He literally causes the dead to rise just by being there.
also wat?

>the left

In general, HP is more loved franchise than Lotr.

Because in LoTR the good guys were the ones fighting off an invasion from a growing violent scourge. In Herry Plopper Voldemort and his white men were racist villains and so an easy relatable story for sjw brainlets

I live in the SF Bay area, and I can tell you that hippies love both. They read them one after each other, and agree that Tolkien is better.

Saruman was an old white man(at least in form). so was Grima. A big part of Saurns army were white men.
Also a big part of LOTR is different races (men,elfs, dwarfs, hobbits ) coming together.

Hace mucho que no veia este meme jajaja

Absolute halal

i remember hearing that lotr was big with the folk-revival hippies in the late 60s-early 70s too

>ert
I give this post a rare 5/5

HP
>villain is literally wizard Hitler
>his followers dress like klansmen
>their entire ideology is based on whit- sorry, magical supremacy

LoTR
>the scary place is populated by violent subhumans whomst everyone fears encroaching on the rest of Middle Earth
>villain motives have no racial component. Does not compute because cannot compare to neo nahtzees

It's funny cause Rowling has been coming out against Corbyn on twitter.

wait..

Heh

But the Harry Potter books were new
In elementary school HP was the shit
Really only the mega nerds could read Lord of the Rings without giving up past the first 50 pages
Plus they were old
The movies were good (and better than HP of course) but they also ended many years before Harry Potter concluded. It was a franchise that ran all the way up to 2011 (or 2012?)
You could write a novel on why HP was as popular as it was

>Legolas, gimli, Aragon, boromir all heirs to a throne.
>Gandalf an angle who walks on Earth
>Exclusively hang out with Kings and Lord's
>Only humans allowed in elven territory
Yeah sure the hobbits were ordinary folk, but almost everyone they hung out with was famous, powerful, rare, or had some sort of connection of power.
>Elfs, ents, a king, a steward, their sons, a little ugly fella 500 years old

i agree with you but i don't own a fedora

>>villain is literally wizard Hitler
thats just what you think
>>his followers dress like klansmen
Nazguls dress same too
>>their entire ideology is based on whit- sorry, magical supremacy
you are just seeing what you want to see. Slytherin had black students.

>>the scary place is populated by violent subhumans whomst everyone fears encroaching on the rest of Middle Earth
Orcs were not the only enemy. Saurans army had a lot of humans
>>villain motives have no racial component. Does not compute because cannot compare to neo nahtzees
what?

Also daily remember that all three of Tolkien's sons fought in WW2 which he encouraged while he worked as a codebreaker for England. If he was alive today he would have shoved your tiki torch up you bunghole.

the baggins and tooks were upper-class respectable hobbit families too, only sam was really just a blue collar joe

Harry Potter is about being special, and Lord of the Rings is about being a normal English farmer who gets roped into something far greater than you are and having to rise so far above your station that literal kings are in awe of your determination and an actual angel walking the earth feels pride for having chosen you as an instrument of God's will.

Also Tolkein's explicit Catholic themes and beliefs make him hard to hold up as a hero as he would without a doubt tell the vast majority of the left to fuck off with their homosexual love and abortion just as much as he would tell the vast majority of the right to fuck off.

Sam is also the greatest hero in the entire trilogy.

>thats just what you think
The comparison is as obvious as the nose on his face. People with midichlorians > muggles, mudbloods get gassed etc.
>Nazguls dress same too
The wizard klan had pointy hoods and masks. Nazgul just had generic black robes
>Slytherin
Not talking about slytherin in general though. Just the actual villains and their motives, which sjws love to compare to everyone else as being literally Hitler.
>Orcs were not the only enemy. Saurans army had a lot of humans
So? The Whermacht had minoriteez too

>you criticize lazy writing where the boogeyman is obviously inspired by huwhite supremacy and used to compare to everyone that isn't a raving sjw cultist so you must be a Nazi

kys pls kthx bye

>ywn be a hobbit tasked with destroying the one ring

welb?

cause LotR is booooring

Hello Mike

Not bad but you're changing it up too often lately, just play it safe for a while.

>So? The Whermacht had minoriteez too

Bad goy, they wuz going to genocide anyone not blond haired and blue eyed!

I know people who grew up with both and prefer Lotr. Only people who don't care about LOTR are those who haven't seen it in my experience.

Leftist here:

Harry Potter is a story about a group of people putting aside their differences to defeat a dictator obsessed with "purity of the blood" who rose to power because a weak, corrupt establishment refuse to acknowledge the danger he posed. It appeals to left wing sensibilities.

Lord of the Rings less so. Still has a diverse group of characters defeating an evil overlord but there are some views of race implied in it that many people now aren't comfortable with.

Neither are technically very good stories, really.

The thread should have ended here

>The comparison is as obvious as the nose on his face. People with midichlorians > muggles, mudbloods get gassed etc.
almost every single war in the world is about groups of people thinking they are better than others based on whatever is convenient (magic/race/religion or whatever) neither harry potter nor nazis are unique in this aspect.
>The wizard klan had pointy hoods and masks. Nazgul just had generic black robes
wizards were pointy hats... are you autistic? all wizards in HP wear pointy hats
>Not talking about slytherin in general though. Just the actual villains and their motives, which sjws love to compare to everyone else as being literally Hitler.
SJW and you. I guess you have something in common.
>>you criticize lazy writing where the boogeyman is obviously inspired by huwhite supremacy and used to compare to everyone that isn't a raving sjw cultist so you must be a Nazi
you know what you are and I know what you are. who are you trying to kid?

No the thread should have ended when someone pointed out OP provided literally zero evidence for his observation. Which no one did. because Sup Forums is full of low IQ faggots.

Liberals don't care if the world makes sense.

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — in response to Tolkien's German publishers had asked whether he was of Aryan origin

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"

Fuck off Sup Forums

>Be 8 years old, Fellowship of the Ring just got released
>See a poster for it at the movies
>Mom refuses to see it, probably because of its length, but tells me it's because it's a 'devil movie'
>Meanwhile, lets me watch and read Harry Potter
>1 year later
>Buys me The Two Towers on dvd
>Really fucking confused but watch it
>Don't understand a few things because I'm a 9 year old watching the 2nd part of a trilogy

I love LOTR a lot more than HP now but holy shit was my introduction to it confusing.

>tfw my dad made me watch all of the animated movies when I was a child.
>Loved the Hobbit the most
>Fellowship comes out, about 6
>Dad takes me to the movie theater 3 times to see it
>Get the Fellowship on VHS and burn through it so many times it doesn't work anymore
>Get all the special McDonalds cups from their promotion
>Get a Lurtz action figure because he was cool
and I always liked the villain figures more
>Also get Aragorn, Boromir Gimli and Legolas

God I miss those times, back when things were simple, having something in common with my dad and just enjoying it together. Now everything is all nostalgia based and capitalizing on virtue signaling. TAKE ME BACK BROS

God that game was awful but I still love it, also the Spanish dub was one of the worst and funniest dubs ever made for a videogame

>JARRI POTER!!

cant tell if posts like these are bait anymore but nobody likes fags except for fags the rest are virtue signalers.

I don't think you're as dumb as you profess, OP. This stupid piece of shit certainly is though.

The left? You mean liberals?
I'm left wing, I'm not a liberal. Rowling is a neolib fuckwit.

>>Get a Lurtz action figure
This was the first toy from the film I'd ever seen and first advertisement for it. Wish I still had him, would be worth handing down to a child

No. Kill yourself. Poof.

I really hope that you don't think Harry Potter has superior prose to LotR.

Last quote is one of my favourites from the books though.

Would you say it's worth treating these cretinous specimens of human flotsam as though they're capable of recognising any difference?

The more we ignore it, the more they accept it as a fact. Remember, for every poster in this thread, there is at least the same amount just lurking.

I don't think it matters what they accept or treat as fact but I daresay we'll all ultimately get our own thing out of the situation.

Doubtful. I want people that push left and right to just die.

No, it's more fun to read, but it's certainly not as interesting. Tolkien made an entire new world, Rowling embellished our world with wizards and a few old buildings

jesus fuck this children tier view on war.

HP is openly pro-tolerance and diversity, LOTR isn't.

>but it's certainly not as interesting.
You're right, it's way more interesting because Rowling doesn't spend 30 chapters describing a single tree.

Arwen was merely an object of Aragorn's desire, rather than a full fleshed out chracter like Hermione.

>full fleshed out character like Hermione

you would like that, wouldn't you, you pedo fuck!