Okay I know we've said it before I think we've finally found THE pinnacle reddit: the movie

Okay I know we've said it before I think we've finally found THE pinnacle reddit: the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cSp1dM2Vj48
youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48
youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE
youtube.com/watch?v=PpKmyCywboQ
huffingtonpost.com/entry/parents-surprise-couple-with-the-most-nerdtastic-wedding-portrait_us_59f20232e4b07fdc5fbc87e1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dude references lmao: the movie

I love that Not Rocket Raccoon

>everything I don't like is reddit

Even more-so than Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool?

is anyone else upset that the guy meets a literaly qt online in the book?

Yes

Where is Rick & Morty?

thats not LOTR

Nah, I'd still rather see this than more MCU reddtit shill shit, especially Deadpoop.

What is this from?

What is this hot garbage?

Ready Player One
youtu.be/cSp1dM2Vj48

youtube.com/watch?v=cSp1dM2Vj48

I got a real "its going to be shit" feeling about this one lads.

You sure about that?

Oh, I'm guessing it's based off that fucking book. Yeah, this is levels of Reddit previously unachievable.

>People still play Overwatch in 2045
So it's a horror movie?

>Imagine being this much of a contrarian and defending literal shit

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ready Player One The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical pop culture references, most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also wade’s imaginative outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from millennial literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep aboutLIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ready Player One trulyAREidiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the pop culture references in wade's oasis which itself is a cryptic reference to reddit's subreddit /r/popculture. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Steven Spielberg’s genius wit unfolds itself on their cinematic screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

...Oh.

I-I'm sorry.

no no no

wow

This reads like satire

>it's literal shit because I say so

Maybe you should try reading the book bitch boy. It was the worst piece of shit I've ever read

More like Dude Marketing Tool : The Movie

>I didn't like the book so the movie based on it will be bad

Interesting

Quick reminder for anybody thinking about reading the book, don't. It's compete garbage. The first 2 or 3 chapters are interesting but don't be fooled. The book gets worse and worse after that.

What are the chances it'll bomb?
Only Reddit manchildren will go watch it from Western countries.
But maybe the tasteless Chinks can save it?

>go to reddit
>thread about this trailer
>almost every post is "omg I saw X"
I can't believe that they're really buying it. I assumed that with reddits smug attitude they'd scorn this movie.

>go to reddit
Why would you do that

This book really, really, REALLY did not age well at all. He totally neglects Nu Wars.

Kill me now: the movie

>And of course Kevin Smith

>reddits smug attitude
This shit is bait crafted for those cunts.

atleast post Sup Forums version

Quick rundown on what the movie and the book are about?

Anyone have the Sup Forums version of this image?

Future video game and a trillion dollary-doo's.

are you retarded?

>pointed ears on frodo

I fucking hate LOTR movie fans.

remember thing?????

who considers the Matrix movies a holy trilogy

You mean Caprenter's Thing?

An autistic fag made a VR game hub and hid trillion dollars in it but only the best autist can get from researching all his favorite shit which is generic 80s stuff

>did you know that midnight oil was an australian band
peter garrett doesnt deserve this treatment

wow

pls kill me

>And, of course, Kevin Smith.

Battletoads.

Kek

Some people still play wow in 2017 and will probably until the day they die so you tell me.

>he preferred to pretend the other Indiana Jones films(...) didn't exist. I tended to agree
>Directed by Steven Spielberg

Overwatch was never as big as wow though.

>no nootka posting

Hmm.

Do you has it?

What if Reddit ends up hating it?

>this is an award winning novel
I need to start writing.

>Vonnegut, Heinlein and Tolkien all on a list with a bunch of modern meme authors
Is this what cultural decay looks like?

OMG *Squees externally*
I'm getting fangirl nerdgasms from this epic trailer XP

>Ben Garrison

then we love it.

WAIT WAIT, i meant to reply to the original picture, not the Sup Forums version.

>dozens of pop-culture icons
>but not even batman or superman

How would you even describe what's wrong with this picture? Like, I fucking hate it, but I don't know why. Just that it's all mainstream geek culture that psuedo-nerds push into their own empty meaningless lives, feeding off corporate products?

I MEMBER
youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE

youtube.com/watch?v=PpKmyCywboQ

I dont get very well this image, who are the ones getting married

my fucking sides

fuck all you faggots im into it

I describe it like that: arrested development uggos with imaginary friend living the dream in the absence of their biological family

> no harry potter
How can you miss that you fucking imbecile

>the wire

Hey reddit.

Just pray you don't wake up one day wishing you hadn't become a manchild. It's a very unpleasant experience.

this movie is basically pixels

>anything pop-culture
>reddit

you did this to yourselves

>>anything pop-culture
>>reddit
Yes, why are you memetexting

I think the biggest upset about all this, is it proves people just care about seeing something they recognize, rather than an actual story and filmmaking take center stage. All these fags on Tumblr and Reddit will eat this shit up because it has their favorite pop culture circle icons in it, but that's it. I see nothing about how fucking terrible the CG is or anything objectively. Just pathetic losers who claim they like movies, but really just love draining their welfare checks to geeky and mainstream pop shit. This movie will be the one that singles out the redditors. If you're even as so a sliver hyped for this, you have no taste at all.

>El Dragon from Battleborn

I enjoyed Battleborn but what the fuck is he doing there?

>zomg it's like a thing from a movie i saw when i was little
>and now it's in a MOVIE

THE IRON GIANT LIVES

>Everyone commented on Tracer
>No-one mentioned Chunners

or Lara Croft, Shepard, and Cassie Cage

I'll watch it, but I'm not paying money for it. Fuck this cash grab.

she's the most blatant form of product placement since she barely has a legacy compared to any of the other stuff (except for the battleborn characters, but they probably got them for cheap)

>Accurately predicted more shitty Indiana Jones sequels

Huh. Actually surprised to see some good/SJW verboten sci-fi authors like Haldeman, Heinlein and Bester on that list too.

this has to be satire with the last 5 words being the punchline
right?
right?
guysß

at least those characters are "iconic" and have some history, and werent created 2 years ago

huffingtonpost.com/entry/parents-surprise-couple-with-the-most-nerdtastic-wedding-portrait_us_59f20232e4b07fdc5fbc87e1

"find him"

Is this supposed to be a Luv ripoff?

And I thought I would never again see the Iron Giant back on movie theater screens in my lifetime.

It's shit writing and pleb entry-tier taste in most things, but I guess this makes sense when you consider trillions of dollars and control of the entire internet is at stake.

Yeah, that's what I'm angry about. The Street Fighter characters are rightfully iconic, no-one's going to give a shit about Memewatch's Brit lesbian character ten years from now.

Why did they cast him as Tracer?

I laughed then almost threw up

>Vonnegut, Heinlein and Tolkien
Literally meme authors of the past century

Do you think that many Redittors are on welfare?