Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jaX-ZzEJ4bM
youtube.com/watch?v=3sH95YrJKEI
youtube.com/watch?v=jQirllj_0QA
youtu.be/uk_vS-VdYas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>le expert in weapons lol
boring

Are we supposed to believe that Indiana Jones is a time traveler, as well as a teacher AND an archaeologist? Fuck that

youtu.be/jaX-ZzEJ4bM

You know I never noticed that, wow.

I don't catch the problem here. Was that weapon not around during WW2?

>was the RPG 7 around during ww2

FUCKING GET OFF MY BOARD RREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Like I know what a fucking RPG7 is

the Panzerfaust was close enough, not sure why they didnt use that instead

an rpg7 might be the most recognizable object next to the crucifix and the Mcdonalds "M"

>Was that weapon not around during WW2?
No. It's like having GIs running around with ak47s, kills suspension of disbelief by reminding you that you're watching a film with limited resources.

That isn't a RPG-7.

Also, even if he had a Panzershreck or a Panzerfaust, that still would be a mistake because those guns were created during the war.

Its from like 20 years later and its Russian, not German. Double goof.

One of the most recognisable weapons in the world with the AK-47

god i am happy that i am not an autist like you

Then which is it?

RPGs were invented in the 1970s.

THIS SCENE WAS SO POINTLESS ANYWAY. WHY NOT JUST HAVE HIM GET CAUGHT OR SOME SHIT? WHY HAVE HIM JUST GIVE UP FUCK IM MAD FUCK YOU SPIELGJEW

RPG2?

RPG-2
invented in 1949

It's a modified RPG-2, they painted it and put a shoulder grip on it.

they had to have him do something to jeopardize the ark, maybe a potato masher in each hand might have been more realistic but it wouldn't have looked as cool

The only RPGs I know have a "J" in front

The first were developed in the late 40s.

They got me I just assumed it was a panzerfaust.

I get super triggered whenever a car or bike sound doesn't match the one in real life.
The walking dead did this by putting a V2 sound for Daryl's new 4 cilinder bike. They changed that later.
I also remember Sons of Anarchy showing a Ducati Monster with a 4 cilinder screamer sound. Totally wrong.
Not to mention those scenes where the engine note keep changing, from a 4 cilinder, to a V8, to a V12 and so on. It just drives me MAD.

This was the worst scene in Indiana Jones until the 4th one. Prove me wrong.

I have no idea why it triggers so much because holy shit it's fucking Army of Darkness, not exctly the most serious movie out there, but I hate that scene when Ash fires three consecutive shots out of his two barrelled shotgun.

youtube.com/watch?v=3sH95YrJKEI

Anne Hathaway retarded monologue about love in Interstellar. I have no idea how TARS could be standing there hearing all that bullshit and not cut her with a sarcastic remark.

agreed. That scene is a blemish on what would have been a masterpiece...

The worst part is that it had relevance later in the film's climax, the implication is that Cooper could navigate throught the 4th dimensional tesseract because of LOVE.

I always assumed it was a panzerfaust. But it does look more modern there.

There were hand-held anti-tank weapons, but that's a bit more advanced. Rocketry was kind of primitive at that point. The Germans were blowing people's hair back with V2s etc. Everyone else was was throwing or dropping or firing their explosive munitions out of cannons like big bullets.

it is some 50s soviet rpg, a panzerfaust is something completely different, as it works with air pressure.

>There were hand-held anti-tank weapons

The germans had none in 1936, they develped stuff later during the war.

*tips fedora*

Yeah I know it's a fucking rocket launcher but I wouldn't know it's out of place in a WW2 movie.

>browses Sup Forums and doesn't know imfdb

Couldn't it be some secret prototype weapon?

>kills suspension of disbelief
Until this day I've never, not one single time, heard anybody bring it up.

....so the anachronism people are REEEing about here is a matter of less than a decade?

I wouldn't call it a great movie. It's good. But as a dude who's made money shooting pool at bars for years, so many pool scenes have continuity problems or completely implausible situations and it's infuriating.

But the ghosts that fly out of the ark and melt the faces of everyone looking at them is historically accurate?

what about german soldiers digging around in british controlled egypt?

because you surround yourself with mouth-breathing automatons

Its also not even a nazi weapon, it just doesnt fit.

>Sir, there is a badly decomposed water corpse lashed to our u-boat, that is why we couldn't pull in the periscope.

I've been posting in this thread a bit and I don't see a problem with them using the wrong RPG when nobody but autists give a shit but for fuck's sake do not resort to the "b-but supernatural stuff happening is totally fine?" sarcastic shit.

That's the same faggoty non-argument used by people who want to chuck black hobbits into LOTR and you know it.

because you're a historically unaware retard, go on and congratulate yourself on your ignorance like all plebs are happy to do

>everyone else on the planet is the problem not just my autism
Go complain on /k/ about trigger discipline in action movies you dickhead

>he browses imfdb
*tips fedora*

Nobody cares but dipshits like you. Go pat yourself on the back for complaining about something so trivial in a nonsense action/adventure movie

W H O C A R E S

>browses? no, visits to contribute to Sup Forums thread

Only autistic /k/ucks would have the patience or attention span to notice something as benign to film making as the way Indy is holding his RPG.

>dipshit
>actually more intelligent for being aware of history that happened LESS THAN A CENTURY AGO
so this... is the power of soy

Pulp Fiction is the most famous case of this I think. I'll forgive that one though because it spawned the shitty Direct Line adverts and because my brother has never seen Pulp Fiction he just got pissed off with the engine note.
youtube.com/watch?v=jQirllj_0QA
I went to see Steve McQueen: The Man & Le Mans with a mate and he managed to pick up some of the engines had been redubbed with other race cars.

>Everyone else was was throwing or dropping or firing their explosive munitions out of cannons like big bullets.
Or they lobbed them with fuck off springs.
youtu.be/uk_vS-VdYas

The only money I've made off of pool is playing winner stops on but has there ever been a decent, half way realistic game of pool shown on TV or in film?

The scene at the end of royal tenenbaums on the back of the garbage truck.

that kind of movies don't need to be realistic, retard

THIS

Hand held rocket based AT stuff was not invented until during the war. Prior to 'oh fuck tanks are actually really important and we need to kill them' the militaries of the world used anti-tank rifles, which essentially fired 0.65cal stuff at tanks. This is fine in 1939 and 1940, but by 1941 and specifically 1942 the anti-tank rifles mostly in use (mostly by the British) were woefully inadequte for a 'kill shot'. They were, however, very useful weapons for tracking the vehicle (which makes a tank as good as dead if it has no infantry support) as well as targetting AT crew through the gunshield (since it wasn't designed to take that kind of shot) or through buildings. PIAT was actually pretty good cause it came in at an arc on weaker parts of the tank.

Apparently late in the way the Germans had panzerfaust 250s with pistol grips.

In Empire Strikes Back.. moments before Vader expresses his interest in Luke he nearly kills him by forcing him out that window. Luke's literally hanging on to the bridge then Valders like dude join me.

Because that would have covered his face

>my mind is unstable so I can't own a gun, I may kill myself when I'm down
ladies and gentlemen, your average soycuck liberal

>a panzerfaust ... works with air pressure.
A Panzerfaust worked like a conventional gun.

1936 is not 1945
You wouldn't accept a smartphone in a movie taking place in 1998 because the iphone was released in 2007.

thats a Panzerschreck you tard

>piece of shit 20 year old beater accelerates
>dubbed with rumbling 6L v8 with crackling exhaust

Looking at you hell or high water

Bravo Kasdan!