Game Of Thrones Star Admits He Had No Idea What Was Going On During Filming

Stephen Dillane, who appeared in four seasons of Game of Thrones as Stannis Baratheon, is coming clean and admitting that he wasn't really clear on what was happening while starring on the series. In fact, he had to rely on his co-star Liam Cunningham, who plays Ser Davos Seaworth, to help guide him through confusing scenes.

"Liam Cunningham is so passionate about the show. He invests in it in a way I think is quite moving, but it wasn't my experience," Dillane says in an interview with The Times. "I was entirely dependent on Liam to tell me what the scenes were about--I didn't know what I was doing until we'd finished filming and it was too late. The damage had been done. I thought no one would believe in me and I was rather disheartened by the end. I felt I'd built the castle on non-existent foundations."

Regardless of how Dillane feels about his portrayal, there's no taking away from the major role he played in building the Game of Thrones universe. That said, the actor still doesn't quite get it--even now. "I've flicked [the show] on [since leaving] to see if I could figure out what was going on, but I couldn't," he admits.

gamespot.com/articles/game-of-thrones-star-admits-he-had-no-idea-what-wa/1100-6455424/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw5JyOtxovo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow, even he has some sense as to how convoluted and misleading D&D had made his character arc.

Based

>mfw supposedly brilliant actor is more retarded than the black girls at my work

Reading an average epiisode script for GoT must be a nightmare.

Have not seen this guy in jack shit outside of Game of Thrones. I'm not surprised a second-rate actor has second-rate understanding of his work.

>he still haven't figured out even after watching the show
How brainlet can someone be?

He is a very good character actor

>Stannis sort of bumbles his way through Robert's Rebellion, and then the War of Five Kings, "muh rights" "muh laws of succession", relies on Davos for pretty much all the practical matters of state
>Stephen sort of bumbles his way through the scenes on GoT, relies on Liam to pretty much coach him through everything

It's like poetry, it rhymes

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw5JyOtxovo

Good thing he's got this guy to explain it for him.

Well I guess Stannis must not be a very good character then.

>play a misguided light villain on a tv show
>fuck a witch
>burn your daughter alive
>clearly get head chopped off

>hordes of internet fans worship you and believe you're still alive
no wonder he is confused

the explanation for everything going on right here is that GoT isn't very good

it's OK if you have time to waste and never get back

Me and you both Stephen

The show has not hesitated to show people getting their heads chopped off but for some reason they cut away from doing it with Stannis. It's absolutely baffling writing.

It seems like the actor is just trying to sound cool. He doesn't want people to think he's a nerd just because he starred on Game of Thrones.

I don't think he's got time to watch a 2 hour internet video by some random autist

It's very baffling. They also said in the interview post-episode that they lingered on the shot of Jon Snow bleeding out because they believe the rule that if you don't see a body that means the audience shouldn't accept they're dead. And yet Stannis is dead and Jon Snow is alive.

>He doesn't want people to think he's a nerd just because he starred on Game of Thrones.
Good job he starred in Doctor Who then.

First few seasons were great because they basically used the books as a script. As soon as they started writing dialoge and a story for themselves it went downhill.

>I don't think he's got time
Name the last thing you've seen him in.

Just like Dexter, House of Cards, Arrow, etc...

the story doesn't go anywhere anyway even in the books, it just gets fucked up and intertwined up its own asshole then he stopped writing

Why should Stephen care if people thinks he's a nerd? There's nothing wrong with Stephen being a nerd.

Like you who waste his time posting on 4chin.

Yeah, but not until the third book or so. Which is also when his writer's block started apparently, because he wrote the first three books within a couple years then took like five years on the fourth and then didn't do the fifth for another ten years and only because the show was so popular that it forced him to shit out a book. Meanwhile Malazan did twice as much writing in half as much time and everyone loves it.

I honestly think that be wrote himself into a corner because he took too much god damn time to finish ADWD, so he rushed to get it published and thus positioned himself in which tying up the ridiculous amount of loose ends will be exceedingly difficult. Which, aside from his lazy work ethic, is ultimately the reason why TWOW is taking so god damn long.

Yes, blame the actor for shit writing.

AFFC wasn't very good either outside of the Cersei chapters, it's clear he lost interest in writing long before the show had even aired. In fact AFFC and ADWD were originally intended to be the same book but he took so long on ADWD that he had to split it into two books so that he could put SOMETHING out. Hence the poor quality and immense amount of time spent on that pointless shit with the Greyjoys.

Sneed

This makes me respect him even more.

Since Sup Forums watches this show religiously but also hates it, what are the shows that Sup Forums actually likes?

>it's clear he lost interest in writing long before the show had even aired
I hate to admit that you're right, the decline in quality as of AFFC is very noticeable. So disappointing to see someone lose the passion as he did. The first three books were incredibly enthralling. For shame.

The Sopranos is the only one universally loved by Sup Forums

Absolutely based

It's baffling that anyone can watch this show beyond season 4 without killing themselves.

Sneed

Absolutely based

>In fact, he had to rely on his co-star Liam Cunningham, who plays Ser Davos Seaworth, to help guide him through confusing scenes.
pottery

Mad Men

You're baffling.

Stephen = Stannis himself

Sneed

post the script with undead stannis

wazzzuuuuuuup Sup Forums Yo 4channito