Is Get Out (2017) really one of the best comedy and best horror movies of all time? According to Rotten Tomatoes it is...

is Get Out (2017) really one of the best comedy and best horror movies of all time? According to Rotten Tomatoes it is. I'm more curious what Sup Forums thinksG

Yes. It's amazing.

Yes, with affirmative action. Nog movies get an extra 20-30%

Imagine being such a fag that you show that you're a pass user.

the first part is great, the ending and the solution is disappointing

What are movies that are this type of horror? Doesn't have to have racial themes

Misery?

Already saw that, thanks though m8

polanski films

No, it's average at best. the people who praise it are the exact same kind of people the movie makes fun of.

Its legit good.

>be blackanon
>watch with white people
>they ask me what I think
>tell them its a scene by scene remake of skeleton key
>conversation immediaely goes to race politics
>state I don't need that in a movie meant to entertain,
>but "it's important we talk about it"
>can't watch movies without politics
>they tell me I missed the point of the movie when reiterating it's the skeleton key with in your face politics

Something something internalized racism.

It's alright. Its quality is exacerbated by the present political climate, but I don't think its by any means bad.

>being frinds with white people

It was unoriginal and shit.
The story has been done a hundred times before, someone in the thread even cited Skeleton Key.
It just has le may may buzzword issues added to it.

the movie is basically a rehash of Stepford Wives.

No, of course it isn't. But it's a movie that deals with the experience of being black, while being neither terrible nor intolerably finger-wagging at the same time, so that pretty much makes it a 100& RT score in this day and age.

It's good but not a classic.

Even Being John Malkovich had a similar quirk and themes but had nothing to do with race

It's ok. Nothing more and nothing less. It's like if Michael Bay were to direct a political commentary

white people were a mistake, my niggah

indeed

the skeleton key was about black people stealing white bodies with voodoo

and it wasn't as in your face race bait as this movie.

thats why i didn't care for get out.

Its like the point was to racebait a black vs white political viewpoint at the expense of a good movie.

thats just propaganda in essence not a artfilm

if you took away the politics its just a mediocre film.

No to both.

Eh movies these days are usually determined on how much checkboxes it can tick off.

I liked it, but DAMN! #4 on Rotten Tomatoes? As in like the fourth BEST FILM EVER MADE?! In fact, it's one of the few movies to have a score has high as 99%! Empire ranked it at Number ONE for 2017! I can accept that it's the best COMEDY HORROR movie ever made, I wouldn't agree, but if that's your preference, I totally get it, but one of the best films of all time? It's just The Stepford Wives with black people in it. There's hundreds of black movies out there, I don't see what THIS ONE did that made it so special. I think of it as a movie with some really good funny scenes. I love when the lead is talking to his friend, I love when his friend goes to the office, basically I love all the scenes with the lead's friend! But a large percentage of the film is without him. I don't care much for all the stuff with the haunted family, and the whole part where the lead is in the house realizing what's up, I thought it was flat out dull! I actually find certain portions of this movie to be boring and wish it was cut shorter. To me, lots of the tone and dialogue comes off as pretentious. It just sounds like they're trying SO HARD to make it SO MEANINGFUL and escalate it to a higher art. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't see a whole lot more than just "Black man fights the white men", "The white men corrupts the black men", "The white man dies", "The black man gets caught", etcetera. What is the deeper meaning and why does that deeper meaning beat out so many other films ALL with deep meanings? Many people analyzed the themes, but I don't see how you can't analyze tons of OTHER films the same way and find just as many themes. What about the themes in Avatar?

it's very mediocare, other movies are just crap that's why you like it
it's like a 7,5

you're not gonna tell me this movie is on the level of The Thing or The Shining

>if you're fuck off to reddit

> favorite horror is the Thing and the Shining
> tells others to go back

>white people made a mistake letting niggers into their countries, my niggah
Fixed that for you.

This shit was so god damn boring
Nothing interesting happened, you can see the twist a mile a fucking way
The only good character in the entire shitfest is the coalburners brother. He was great

adding on the
>yaaaas queen slay
and the
>we wuz kangz
that brings the total percent up to 100% ie the perfect film to virtue signal to your friends, kind of like the wire.