Indisputable statements ITT

This is the patrician LOTR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc
spreeder.com/app.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love it to bits, but I have a real hard time deciding between it and Fellowship. They're both fucking phenomenal in different ways.

No, it's Fellowship. You're a pleb user

so fucking inferior to Fellowship.

Fellowship was the only masterpiece. Only good part about ROTK is the king himself. They turned Faramir into a weak minded faggot POS that tries to steal the ring. Plus they left out the comfy ending.

>doesn't have a massive octopus monster
Um think again sweetie.

Fellowship was. Although this and Two Towers are masterpieces as well, what a trilogy boys

Fellowship is the only one that can stand alone as a good movie.

RotK is automatically the worst because they ommited the Scouring of the Shire, which completely changes the meaning of the entire trilogy.

why not create a fake ring to give a Sauron?

Helms deep is one of the most impressive battles and set pieces ever put to screen.
> B-b-b-but muh Borimir

For me, its two towers

t. autist

yeah Faramir being tempted by the ring is in the movie of Twin Towers idiot. Also don't know what comfy ending you mean.

I always thought Helm's Deep was the most boring part of the movies.

the movie it's shit because Saruman appeared 10 minute

FotR = RotK > TT

found the contrarian

I think they all are great together. I can't really decide on one singular good one because they all have great parts.

They didn't need to do the Scouring. And the movies stand on their own merits, they don't need to be constantly compared to the books. Consider that the movies had to be able to reach a wider audience in order to be successful.

>childhood
Two Towers cause da hewms deep battows
>adolescence
ROTK because better battles and kino sam and frodo time
>adulthood
Fellowship because it's actually a complete arch of an adventure with real loss and hardship

>epic battle
>theoden mini redemption arc
>full scope of threat/ hopelessness revealed
>based speeches everywhere
>based faramir
i could go on and on but there isnt a single moment in TT that was a let down

>Consider that the movies had to be able to reach a wider audience in order to be successful.
Not in the third and last movie in the trilogy.

>judging LotR as separate pieces instead of a whole
will always be plebian.
Patrician LotR is LotR period

rotk has all of that and better. DEATH is the better speech. Denethor is a better redemption arc.

Its 3 movies...

I would say that it especially applies to the third, as it contains the most content of the three.

>moving the goalposts to avoid having a real opinion

Sams speech > death > who am i gambling

after your 2nd or 3rd viewing, helms deep feels like too much of the movie and never feels that great. It feels like it stays in one place too long

Video release extras > Director's cut > Theartical cut

Any shorter and it would have undercut the desperate situation they were in. Its the perfect lenght imo

its not the length of it, it's that it's stretched throughout the film at one point, going back and forth. feels like an american football game.

Yes, its an all encompassing event that needed a beginning, middle and end. The cutting back and forth was necessary to set up events that were either in conjunction with the event or important to the story.

If the movies are Lord of the Rings then this is what a Tiger is, nothing more, nothing less.

Looks like that tiger was on a soy milk diet

This is not Friday the 13th part 2.

this desu senpai

As were the movies. They are just a skinned tiger.

Sam's speech is definitely the best in the trilogy.

>LOTR is such a perfect trilogy its only competition is itself

It's literally a single chapter in the book

Fellowship is better and much more watchable

RotK is too angsty, it's just people whining and boring battle scenes

This is the patrician LOTR waifu

>who am i gambling
I sense taxposting potential

fellowship is the only good movie
the rest are decent adaptations
extended cut of fellowship is still passable
the other two extended cuts are bad movies

>Not the charge of the Rohirrim at Pelennor field

Extended cut of fellowship is miles better than the original because of he added Boromir scenes.

>the added Boromir scenes
Care to remind me what those were? I only remember the opening scene and the Elves singing.

>"extended cut"
>doesn't include the 18 years between Bilbo's party and Frodo's departure

Yes, and?

They even skipped the Glittering Caves. It's not like they didn't love jerking off to CGI, why not include a moment where Gimli and Legolas bond outside of combat?

>"Strange are the ways of Men, Legolas! Here they have one of the marvels of the Northern World, and what do they say of it? Caves, they say! Caves! Holes to fly to in times of war, to store fodder in! My good Legolas, do you know that the caverns of Helm's Deep are vast and beautiful. There would be an endless pilgrimage of Dwarves, merely to gaze at them, if such things were known to be. Aye indeed, they would pay pure gold for a brief glance."

>extended cut
>no bombadil
>no best waifu (goldberry)
this is why lotr movies are shit

Not him but they're on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=hOyiK2rO1pc

Only if we dont count tv

is this a meme

>Brian Blessed will never play Tom Bombadil

HEY DOL DERRY DOL FUCK THIS LIFE

Why does this fat fuck always try to compare himself to Tolkien, as if he's even remotely on the same level as him?

Superiority complex much?

it's what his braindead fans tell him.

Three giant films in row, wall to wall battles but NOT ONCE! could they have Gimli shout his signature battle yell of ""Kazzum! The axes of the Dwarves are upon you!" It would have taken all of two seconds.

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes

Why would someone shop that elf bitch there?

When asked about it in an interview he actually listed several differences between himself and Tolkien. I think his "what was Aragorn's tax policy?" question was the result of two clashing worldviews.

Is Khazad Dwarvish for meat?

>Why would someone shop that elf bitch there?
They're redigitizing LotR to make it mesh with The Hobbit films.

Frodo going to the undying lands is easily the best moment in the entire trilogy.

Please tell me you're shitposting.

The only similar aspect between LotR and aSoIaF is the medieval setting.
Mostly.
At least I should not need to explain how the stories are fundamentally different.
Pretty much two different genres.

Literally my favourite passage from the entire trilogy
>"No you don't understand," said Gimli, "No dwarf could be unmoved by such loveliness. None of Durin's race would mine those caves for stones or ore, not if diamonds and gold could be got there. Do you cut down groves of blossoming trees in the springtime for firewood? We would tend these glades of flowering stone, not quarry them. With cautious skill, tap by tap - a small cip of rock and no more, prehaps, in a whole anxious day - so we could work, and as the years went by, we should open up new ways, and display far chambers that are still dark, glimpsed only as a void beyond fissures in the rock. And lights, Legolas! We should make lights, such lamps as once shone in Khazad-Dûm; and when we wished we would drive away the night that has lain there since the gills were made; and when we desired rest, we would let the night return."
>"You move me, Gimli," said Legolas. "I have never heard you speak like this before. Almost you make me regret that I have not seen these caves. Come! Let us make this bargain - If we both return safe out of the perils that await us, we will journey for a while together. You shall visit Fangorn with me, and then I will come with you to see Helm's Deep."
>"That would not be the way of return that I should choose," Said Gimli "But I will endure Fangorn, if I have your promise to come back to the caves and share their wonders with me."
>"You have my promise" said Legolas

Underrated

>"And I would give gold to be excused," said Legolas; "and double to be let out, if I stayed in!" "You have not seen, so I forgive your jest," said Gimli. "but you speak like a fool. Do you think those halls are fair, where your King dwells under the hill in Mirkwood, and Dwarves helped making long ago? They are but novels compared with caverns I have seen here: immasurable halls, filled with an everlasting music of water that tinkles into pools, as fair as Kheled-zâram in the starlight."
>"And, Legolas, When the tourches are kindled and the men walk on the sandy floors under the echoin domes, ah!then, Legolas, gems and crystals and veins of precious ore glint in the polished walls; and the light glows trough folded marbles, shell-like, translucent as the living hands of Queen Galadriel. There are columns of white and saffron and dawn-rose, Legolas, fluted and twisted into dreamlike forms; they spring up from many-coloured floors to meet the glistening pendants of the roof: wings, ropes curtains as fine as frozen clouds; spears, banners, pinnacles of suspended palaces!

>Still lakes mirror them: a glimmering world looks up from dark pools covered with clear glass; cities, such as the mind of Durin could scarce have imagined in his sleep, stretch on through avenues and pillared courts, on into the dark recesses where no light can home. And plink! a silver drop falls, and the round wrinkles in the glass make all the towers bend and waver like weeds and corals in the grotto of the sea. Then evening comes: they fade and twinkle out; the torches pass on into another chamber and another dream.There is a chamber, Legolas; hall opening out of hall, dome after dome, stairs beyond stairs; and still the winding paths lead on into the mountains' hearth. Caves! The Caverns of Helm's Deep! Happy was he chance that drove me there! It makes me weep to leave them!"
>"Then I will wish you this fortune for your comfort, Gimli" said the elf, "that you may come safe from war and return to see them again. But do not tell all your kindred! There seems little left for them to do, form your account. Maybe the men of this land are wise to say little: one family of busy dwarves with hammer and chisel might mar more than they made

I understand now why lotr is considered the comfiest pieces of literature... i want to see those caves in all its glory

Haven't read the book, but in the movies Gimli and Legolas are the weakest characters. Both paper thin, with little dept.
Gimili just there to say some quips and Legolas there to sell toys / do cool tricks.

I just don't get why some shit on Tolkien's prose.

They're based on real caves. Cheddar Gorge.

Because they've never voluntarily read a book more than 500 pages long that wasn't printed by scholastic.

After reading a shitload of mythic fiction like Gilgamesh, Bakaridjan Kone, Ramayana, the Iliad and Beowulf i tore through the Silmarillion in under two days and every time i re-read it i find even more brilliance. He was a master of his craft and none other could ever hope to match it.

He was a linguist who wanted a world for his languages. Everyone that has ever come after him were nobodies who just wanted to be rich.

Gimli's a much better character in the books.

LOTR is literally a literature pleb filter. Any time you meet someone who can't get through LOTR because "he rambles on and on about nothing" is a pleb that can't truly appreciate the details and what they mean to the characters

it's because the movies are for children and almost all the characters are reduced to comic relief.

I'll be honest, i haven't read a single book (other than mockingbird and mice and men for school) but i always feel I've missed out big time whenever im in a lotr thread and someone posts excerpts from the book.

The rohirim charge and the sauron shitting his pants are pure orgasm

>i haven't read a single book
wtf

whats stopping you?

In the Silmarillion, Melkor, Sauron's boss, get's suplexed and hogtied by the god of the hunt because he won't stop molesting the elves.

You've never read any book outside of those two? none at all? Shit, i don't even know what to recommend for a starter for that. I guess the hobbit would be a good place to start if you wanted to. You can read the Lord of the Rings but it won't truly make sense until you read the Silmarillion.

Stop posting on Sup Forums and start reading.

i count all 3 as one movie

>i haven't read a single book (other than mockingbird and mice and men for school)
I know this is a film board, but you should amend that. Go out and buy the Hobbit. You should get through it in an afternoon. It should be a good primer for LOTR.

Start reading.
Used to be in the same situation

Adhd? I dont know i cant sit down and willingly read a book. Always get distracted

Ive read two

This is extremely common these days. It's very worrisome. I've gone around to all the major twitch streamers and asked them what books they've read recently or have read voluntarily and i swear to god they either say "Harry Potter" or nothing. Then if i ask them if they've read any "adult" books they get all bent out of shape and start accusing me of being a psuedointellectual.

The internet has decimated attention spans.

>tfw you used to read constantly as a kid and now you can barely devote enough attention to a single book

>Adhd? I dont know i cant sit down and willingly read a book. Always get distracted
put your phone somewhere else and read for like 5 minutes. It takes a lot of practice to not multitask these days

The problem is that each movie is a 10/10 in its own right.

>The internet has decimated attention spans
/thread

>i haven't read a single book (other than mockingbird and mice and men for school)
okay this is either the greatest bait of the century or a legit 14y old

but fuck me even 14y olds read a million books
is society that fucked already?

Pretty much.

How fast can everyone read? I start to lose comprehension around 900wpm.

spreeder.com/app.php

Thank you, role playing games and subtitled anime, you kept me sharp when books were not at hand.

>there's a guy at work with a skin condition who always wears a glove
>joke that he's just keeping his hand soft for his lady
>nobody gets it

This

>And far away, as Frodo put on the Ring and claimed it for his own, even in Sammath Naur the very heart of his realm, the Power in Barad-dûr was shaken, and the Tower trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The Dark Lord was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the plain to the door that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung. From all his policies and webs of fear and treachery, from all his stratagems and wars his mind shook free; and throughout his realm a tremor ran, his slaves quailed, and his armies halted, and his captains suddenly steerless, bereft of will, wavered and despaired. For they were forgotten. The whole mind and purpose of the Power that wielded them was now bent with overwhelming force upon the Mountain

i know what you mean. reads like poetry

fellowship >>> return > towers

user, you'd be surprised