Was this movie a box office success?

Was this movie a box office success?

>No Emily Jean
movie is not good.

>2nd highest grossing Spider-Man movie internationally
>more money domestically than both ASM movies

According to DCEUfags, it’s a flop.

it did well but not what Dizney expected.

If you consider Disney and Sony made a deal so now Sony gets all money from box office (Previous arrangements were not public, but people speculated Marvel got between 20% up to 50% of the box office), it's even more succesful

Didn't make a billion. So of course it's a flop.

by blacking most of the cast the lost a good half billion at the box office
but in the long run that will win them trillions

Iron Man 3 made $1.3 billion. Homecoming made $880 million. It's a flop.

Did pretty well considering it was another fast reboot, ASM2 did poorly with fans critics and the box office, and Tom Holland is a literally who.
Still weird that Thor beat out shit like Spider-Man, superman, and Batman

jeez iron man 3 was such garbage.

Both movies are about the same quality.

no it's only the 4th highest grossing movie this year, the mcu is finished.

how exactly did Thor beat out Spider-Man? Spider-Man has made more money domestically and worldwide.

And Wolverine, but to be fair Wolvie movie was R-rated

>spider-MAN made more money than wonder WOMAN

will the patriarchy ever be stopped?

>by blacking most of the cast the lost a good half billion at the box office
There's no way you actually believe this do you? Also it would be extremely unrealistic and the movie would have been shit on in today's political climate and probably make less. As someone who is from NYC, there are no all white public schools in Queens, even the high end ones are filled with chinks and indians as well as quite a few latinos and blacks. Ppl complaining about "forced diversity" in a movie that takes place in Queens are legit brainlets or are being intellectually dishonest.

didn't watch Spidermeme. I did see Iron Man 3 in the theater and I was actually mad after viewing it. Id rather just be bored instead of being offended by the garbage on the screen
Shane Black and RDJ just didn't care

>Both movies are about the same quality.

everybody loves spider man

While I agree with you about the actual population of NY and it's school system, Making a diverse cast especially when t comes to changing race of established characters almost always results in the "neutering" or glorification of that character because they are now a POC. And that, to me at least, inevitably affects the story because you are changing the very nature of the characters that made these stories. So while I don't see anything wrong with a more diverse cast, the main characters should remain the same...IMO

How "stand-alone" is this one compared to Thor: Ragnarok?

Not very much, because IM3 deals with Avengers PTSD, and War Machine and Pepper play big parts in the movie.