When did you realize Cobb was still dreaming?

When did you realize Cobb was still dreaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception#Ending
youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When the film became about a shitty marriage instead of a dream heist.

literally immediately. it was so predictable i thought i had missed something

I couldn't believe there was so much discussion about this ending. It clearly wobbles right before the cut. This means it's not a dream since in the dream its a constant unwavering spin

Best post ITT

Well except no. It's been confirmed that there is no right answer because the message was that it didn't matter and he didn't care anymore.

But that wasnt his totem, it was his wife's. He was doing it to make sure he wasnt in his wifes dream, which he wasn't.

It was reality at the end of the movie, and if you question it, then Nolan's successfully incepted you as the viewer.

Its been proven his ring is his totem.

For the millionth time, the top is his wife’s totem.

Cobb’s ring is his own totem.

You can't be in a dead person's dream.

So somewhere, his kids are growing up without a dad.

I always thought this was a stupid fucking message.

Interstellar was both a story about love and inter-dimensional space travel, and it was an overall excellent film. Films can be about larger themes while keeping a personal level.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inception#Ending
>The real point of the scene — and this is what I tell people — is that Cobb isn't looking at the top. He's looking at his kids. He's left it behind. That's the emotional significance of the thing."

Would it have been a more successful ending if he had just set the top down without even trying to determine a dream or not?

That's less visually appealing and doesn't lead to as much speculation like they wanted.

When he had the Cobb Salad

The space travel """story""" in Interstellar is terribly bad and built around the emotional story (which is pretty well done).
Still feel nothing at Cooper crying though.

>dude it doesn't matter if he's actually raising his kids or if some buff black man is while cock slapping them every morning shouting WHO'S YA DADDY, HE ASLEEP IN SOME WHITE BITCH'S HEAD HAHAHA - it's exactly the same thing!

youtube.com/watch?v=TM0HTU9dRvk

Sup Forums was a mistake

Cobb refuses to wear the ring of his dead wife.

When he is dreaming the ring manifests on his hand because of his unresolved issues.

The top isnt even an actual totem since it is functionally flawed.
All people know that tops eventually fall over. Theres nothing secret or hidden about this that would prove impossible to recreate in dream space.

I think you missed something, the point of the top was that it doesn't fall over in the dream.

Okay. Is Inception one such movie?

>....and then I woke up and it was all a dream!

its like a 5 year olds story

Sometime i want to strangle brainlets like you.

when they never showed the kicks on the plane

>HE IS STILL DREAMING!
>COBB WAS THE ONE SUFFERING THE INCEPTION ALL ALONG

pick one

Protip: It doesn’t matter if it's reality or a dream.

You people care only about the simple surface-level narrative and plot point closures.
In the final scene Cobb spins the totem but he doesn't even look at it because he doesn't care, he just wants to be with his kids no matter is it real or not.
It's always the same unimportant questions, "who is the shooter" in The Hunt, "who sent the tapes" in Cache, "was it waterboarding or rape" in Sicario etc. If you asked any director these kind of questions they would be disappointed.
Tell me what changes if you know if everything was a dream or not? What knowledge do you get out of that fact?

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

when he shot the colonel after they couldnt find the pink one huh