Why did this suck so much?

why did this suck so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0gGNCyNXCtw
youtube.com/watch?v=hZXkvaoKWto
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Caspere knew this

they did it within a small time frame and and every episode had a different director

pacing. it's watchable if you set the playback speed to 3x.

Pleb filter

no chemistry between the characters
boring plot
vince vaughn

the reason season 1 was so great was the relationship between marty and rust. i hate both matthew mcconaughey and woody harrelson, but the performance from them both was excellent.

this. Season 2 is the patrician choice

Too many characters all trying to be Rust 2.0, nonsensical plot, lameass villain, ending was arguably too dark, SJW pandering, fuck what even went right with this?

>what even went right
Colin Farrell

The quality of the script is proportional to the quality of the actors.

Yeah that scene where ha caved and got super fucked up was great.

>Tell me who stole your shoes you little retarded faggot

Was this character supposed to be likeable?

no i dont think he was.

Who gives a shit what his character was suppose to be? The important thing is that if you didn't like his character you're a fucking pussy

A fat pussy, that is.

contracts
signatures all over them

but it was still a nice time on Sup Forums with vince posting and everyone trying to find clues in the theme song and the intro

BIG DICKS

Oh fuck I forgot vinceposting.

It didn't. It's the best show of the last 5 years.

>what even went right
Gundam

That camgirl was severely fuckable

Season 2 was objectively better thab season 1

youtube.com/watch?v=0gGNCyNXCtw

Why do you hate them?

i loved it desu

>no chemistry between the characters
>vince vaughn
You've obviously not watched any of the bar scenes then, or this
youtube.com/watch?v=hZXkvaoKWto

Does Casper know this?

>Fargo
>True Detective
>The Wire
Which other shows have unbeatable 2nd Seasons?

fellas what does Rachel McAdams' asshole taste like?

Hannibal

they’re both annoying faggots, one is famous for being handsome the other is famous for being a crunchy whyte pot head

You know, Ray, they say a dog's bark is worse than it's bite. And I bark loud as fuck RUFF RUFF AWOOO

i can't even remember why
i kinda remember season 1 dropping the ball near the end

It didn't

/thread

I can see why you'd hate overexposed Matthew "Look I'm Overacting" McConaughey, but I need an explanation for hating "Based" Harrelson.

i like how this image implies gay cop mattered

he didnt

How did he not matter?

that's the spice

The second season was great because every character except Ani was punished to shit, and the bad guys won in the end which happens a lot of the time.

i've just never thought he was a good actor. he always plays himself.

Butter and almonds, with a hint of green tea leaves. Why?

Vince Posting was pretty great but the season itself was unfocused with too many characters and it was clearly rushed out the door. Season 1 is on paper the more typical and cliched crime show but its executed so well by cast and crew that it elevates the material. HBO should have locked one director down for the entire season like they did with the first.

My biggest personal gripe was the shameless Twin Peaks knock off hallucination/dream after Ray gets gut shot. It wasn't even mysterious or interesting it was just a character telling the audience that the Colin Farrel will die at the end. I'd be ok with the show spoiling itself if this information changed or informed anything about Ray's character but he remained pretty such exactly the same rendering it entirely pointless.

He's such an underrated actor to be honest.

It’s my hypothetical theory that 1st was successfully able to lead us to one single plot point. However, I thought the focus of 2nd one was over the map... So that made the difference between 1st one & 2nd one. I hope they do helluvu Justice on the next one !!!

agreed. watched in bruges recently and saw killing of a sacred deer not too long ago and i was quite shocked at how good he was.

>My biggest personal gripe was the shameless Twin Peaks knock off hallucination/dream after Ray gets gut shot. It wasn't even mysterious or interesting it was just a character telling the audience that the Colin Farrel will die at the end
Oh, fuck off - that scene was great, and it was fantastic foreshadowing. Was it obvious to some? Of course, but it was still a very well done scene and you didn't know how it would come about.
>I'd be ok with the show spoiling itself if this information changed or informed anything about Ray's character but he remained pretty such exactly the same rendering it entirely pointless
But that's the point - the season was a tradgedy. The main characters all fell due to their own faults; which is blatantly obvious with Ray, given that he decides to go and see his kid one last time. The characters couldn't change who they truly were, and paid a price for it.

unfocused, too many characters, and, even to a big time hairboiled and noir fan, the story was overly-complicated.

>everyone going on about how it was "unfocused"
>obviously oblivious to the fact that noirs are typically convoluted

Relationship between the red head and Vince was the most salvageable thing in season 2.

>HBO should have locked one director down for the entire season like they did with the first.

The main problem, honestly. And the first episode (maybe two?) were done by the faggot from Fast and Furious. As kino as it is, it had no chance to be as good as the first season.

>convulted and unfocused are the same thing
nah you idiot. noir plots complicated as shit but extremely focused and concise. they're

OH LET HER SHARE MAN
just lmao. fuck i cringe at this show

>SJW pandering
>ending was arguably too dark

>Yo son I know we just tricked the audience into thinking you've been murdered but you're not dead until episode 8 when you get shot to pieces in the woods so watch out for big trees, yeah?

Such subtle and well written foreshadowing. Bravo Pizzalotto

Justified

There's no argument here

The joke was that that whole exchange is spoon feeding you like a fucking moron. That's no way to write a show, at least not a good one.

hamfisted faggotry

it doesn't

it was so funny when they tried to do things first season style, they tried so hard to make it quotable.

AND TRUTH THAT DIES

Literally none of the ones you listed
True Detective and Fargo's 2nd seasons were a passage from great to mediocre for the respective series.
The Wire season 2 was pollacks in the docks. Boring as shit and none of the characters are interesting in the slightest.

season 2 is pleb filter
season 1 is reddit garbage

Nic Pizzolatto not only had YEARS to write the first season, a large portion of the fantastic dialogue has been proven to be "borrowed" from his favorite writers

HBO got greedy and he had a fraction of the time to write season 2, so it's a dull, lifeless, bore of a story with horrible pacing

thi is so well made

got a list of the writers?

Pizza didn't write so good.