Fuck you, it was great.

>m-muh squid

Other urls found in this thread:

wille.tv/watchmen-midnight/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wille.tv/watchmen-midnight/

it wasn't. but i liked the guy who played Rorschach

it was a film that should have been an mini-series

I thought it was well done, but it's hard to live up to the comic.

We could have had this.

It was the only comic book adaptation movie that used most of the source material that it possibly could

I have never even seen any other comic book adaptation movie that used this much from its source material yet I see less hate on those movies for that on Sup Forums

>I have never even seen any other comic book adaptation movie that used this much from its source material

Sin City is almost 1:1

forgot about that

>misses entire point of the comic
>b-but it looks just like it
>t-these shots are exactly the same so it is therefore good
Snyderfags are the fucking worst.

>can't enjoy watchment without snyderhaters going full autist

fuck off

The thing is, I don't see how Synder is any more/less harmful than most capeshit directors.

I agree in the case of watchmen and I actually liked the movie

In the case of MoS he is spawning an entire cinematic universe with his shitty vision

Even Whedon didnt do more damage apart from couple of movies in the MCU

That's nice, but it still is shit.

That's nice, but it's still great.

Go tell your tumblr crowd, no one cares.

It was a super loyal adaptation with great visuals, what's not too like?

Go tell your 9gag crowd, no one cares.

NOT ENOUGH QUIPS

THE ENDING WASN'T A 100% COPY OF THE ORIGINAL, SO IT'S SHIT

>you have a different opinion
>go back to tumblr/reddit

Hard to accept no one cares. At least this thread will die by tomorrow, newfag.

Hard to accept no one cares. At least this thread will die by tomorrow, newfag.

is dias supposed to be a pic of olive oyl old. gots dem me a boacx of fried chixcken

That's a pretty good comeback.

she mah gma not ipgd

lmao goes back to good jokes

not that i doubt he could played the part well but i think he would be a much better Dan.

Some especially egregious examples of Snyder's shallow understanding of the source material were when he added slow mo to the Tenement fire, and added a slow mo fight to the prison break. Both additions were completely unnecessary.

>muh squid

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would like a heavily misguided and ridiculously incomplete version of a story he already read and enjoyed as a comic

>they should have fit more into it!
Brilliant idea, Peter Jackson!

Not an argument.

>It was the only comic book adaptation movie that used most of the source material that it possibly could
Which finally proves that grabbing images from the comic doesn't mean you're doing the source material justice. This piece of shit should have never been made.

It's a great comic, and a pretty good movie. I think they could have done a better job casting Veidt; the part needed a Michael Fasbender-looking actor.

The only character who should ever have gotten slo-mo for their fights was Ozy, Nite Owl in the present time should have been schlubby, there was a severe lack of pirates, and it should have been a fucking squid monster.

>can't enjoy watchment
You can enjoy it as much as you want, that's your business. Don't start arguments you don't want to get into, though. It's still a terrible movie.

This, essentially. Snyder completely missed the point. It was an alright film on its own merits, but as an adaptation, it failed pretty spectacularly.

>there was a severe lack of pirates
I feel like that would be hard to fit into a single movie. (Properly fit, not just reference.) A mini series could work like other people said, but I don't see it working in a movie. Being able to build up to the squid would also be a strength of a mini series.

Squid would not have translated onto screen well and we all know it. Moore even said himself that Britain being spared from nuclear war in the original V For Vendetta would not have been possible and preferred the writers changed that to a false flag virus attack. As much as he hates his adaptations he knows when other writers did something better than him.

This is a seriously bad movie and if you disagree you are obviously ignorant of the very basic components and instruments of cinema

Jack Haley and Billy Crudup were good and the color filter was cool. Literally the only possible positive things that can be said about this trainwreck

Yeah. I shit on the actress they chose for Silk Spectre constantly, but that's only because everything else was perfect.

>91397624
>misses entire point of the comic
You mean how superheros are inherently miserable, fucked up people? Nah, I think he got that down.

>Squid would not have translated onto screen well and we all know it.
Well, yes. Watchmen is not something that should have been put to the screen. The pages and panels themselves are fucking art and translating that into film is absolutely impossible no matter how shallowly Snyder may have tried.

The ending they created, however, was fucking stupid and does not fit a logical flow, and that change itself also coupled with Snyder's masturbatory fight scenes completely got the antiviolence point of Watchmen fucking wrong. All throughout the book, the fights are clean and quick, and basically bloodless, while the squid is a five-page spread of carnage. The dissonance shocks you. Whereas in the movie the fights are drawn out and detailed, and the ending Manhattan nuke is clean and bloodless.
Paraphrasing from a video I'd seen on it, but it illustrates the major point.

>NOT ENOUGH QUIPS
It had way more comedy than the book. The sex scene, for example, was played for laughs.

>Whereas in the movie the fights are drawn out and detailed, and the ending Manhattan nuke is clean and bloodless.
That could be seen as making it feel more unnatural, though.

It was the weirdest movie to get made. Plus, they spent 130 million to make it and it's impossible to turn into a sequel.

Warner Brothers made their money back after it was released in foreign markets, though.

Yeah, Snyder's Watchmen was super badass. Rorschach was really cool.

It was about as good as a person could realistically hope an adaptation of Watchmen could be but overall it was just alright. It lacked the ambiguity of the comic, Rorschach came off as too heroic (or maybe charismatic) and Dr. Manhattan was oddly emotional.

Having Niteowl see Rorschach get melted and then scream NOOOO is leading the audience too much.

The 4 hour whatever cut with the Black Freighter and all the extra bits is pretty bad though. It just goes on forever and is inferior to the motion comic.

I'd rather have Niteowl going NOOO over another round of sex by Ozzy's pool.

>Rorschach came off as too charismatic

Huh, you're right, but at least they didn't drastically change him.

it was fukken syk when rarlscratch matrixed 20 guards with his kunfoo fuck
kino/10

when i saw it
I never read watchmen or heard of them

To this day I think its the one of the better superhero films
Plot wise it goofed up at times but I think artistically it made up for it

i'm saying this as someone who loves Snyders other DC film. But Watchmen honestly feels very unnecessary as a film.

When the comic itself was in part a satire on the golden age and the changing approach to superheros, making a film that doesn't bother to take up any of the comics nuance and more or less shows a face value representation of the text really seems to miss the point.

Snyder's good at adding extra layers of themes and subtext, and so if he had actually covered this, or even gone into adding perhaps an even more updated look on Moore's themes it could of worked, sadly it didn't.

Its still a good film mind, amazing colours, cinematography and mise en scene, but it sucks dick as an adaptation.

I ought to watch the director cut some-point i guess, seeing how many of his films tend to be a lot better in their initial cuts.

Yes it was great, but this is a. Manchildren board, they don't understand adaptation have to. Change to fit the new genre, they will use a stupid YouTube video as. An argument and complaint over action in a 3 hours long Movie

What's the point of the comic?

Stop saying shit you don't even know what it's supposed to mean, the movies have the same meaning as the comic

This is my exact opinion.

I went to watch it with my older brother.
Near the end of the movie I hear a weird "pop" sound, like cracking his knuckles but I don't think about it too much.
When we go out, I learn he literally hurt his jaw because he yawned too many times.

It missed the point of the comic by glorifying the violence. I never felt like you were supposed to like any of the characters in Watchmen and the movie is made by someone that clearly likes them. The gratiutuously shot fight scenes with Silk Spectre II and Nite Owl II prove that.

>Fuck you, it was great.

Yep, the end conclusion aligns with the cold war background perfectly. Way, way better then >mu squid

>it was a film that should have been an mini-series

Also this.