We aren't being warriors out here

We aren't being warriors out here.
They're just using us as machine operators, semiskilled labor.

fick>>>>all

>tfw the ripped fuel kicks in

woah

>tfw I wanted more
Why wasn't it longer? It could've been a modern era Band of Brothers if they had been able to flesh it out some more

This show is a fantastic character study and examination of the modern American warrior class that has become apart from the rest of society.

Because the campaign lasted like a couple of weeks rather than a year.

What is some other Middle East kino out there?

Ive seen most of the B-tier shit on Netflix and would like to watch more flicks where soldiers complain about their situation.

Do you think it would be interesting TV to watch people do nothing?

Because that's what happened after

Terrible writing

How much does Uncle Sam spend on us? Jump school, dive school, mountain warfare, ranger school, SERE. That's a $1,000,000 on average to train up 0321s like us. And here we are, perfectly-tuned Ferraris in a demolition derby.

>You know what I'd like to see? A couple of them college kids from a Hillary fundraising party drop into Iraq. They could see what being a hero is really like. The first time they'd see what it was like not to have control over their fucking lives. On second thought, scratch that. Middle-class college kids out here will get us all killed.

Simon could be prophetic when he wanted to be.

>inb4 some semen encrusted speemod compares this to band of bubbas

is the speemod and dimwi/tv/mod the same?

Back when doug was a usmc recon captain

> All the good episodes were directed by a middle aged British woman

>inb4 some Trumptard makes this about liberalism
>inb4 some idiot claims this glorifies war
HE'S JUST A BOY; I'M JUST A GIRL - CAN I MAKE IT ANYYYMORE OBVIOUS?

Friendly reminder, Hitler 'stache is reg

>He's shooting at scraps of metal...

I FIGHT FO ISRAEL RESPECT ME

Follow my tracers!

Gentlemen...

Anyone else here vet/active?

Gen kill reeeaaaally takes me back to the good ol days.

OP don't make me watch this show again. I should really watch something new.

I was like you once. Thought Fick was soooo cool and did nothing wrong etc. Only after a little bit of research I was revealed that Fick was a sanctimonious gloryhound who had an arrangement with the author of GK to be portrayed as the best officer in the book. It's so fucking blatant. That, and Casey Kasem actually turned out to be a hero in a later mission, when in the show he is portrayed as clownishly evil.

Trombley > all. The main thing the show taught me is that I would have a thousand Trombleys in my army.

>Trombley > all
This. Trombley did literally nothing wrong but the show sure loved shitting on him.

Is it that accurate? Never served, not even american, but I loved the show because it almost felt like a documentary, I imagined it to be really close to reality, especially after reading the reporters and Fick´s books

trombley was delta material

I watched it in 2015 right after I got out. 2010-2014. (Marine as well but never got into the shit)

It was uncomfortable actually. Yeah it was what 10 years old but the mannerisms haven't changed. Uncanny I suppose. It was the best on screen portrayal of junior enlisted I've ever seen.

>not reading Fick's book
>not realising Fick was actually an incredible officer as recognised by his peers

what do you think it felt like?

Yeah, really fucking accurate. They did the best job I've seen on film of portraying the life of an infantry soldier. The banter they have between each other, how fucked up the chain of command is, and just the portrayal of the ridiculous shit you encouter/go through is shown perfectly.

It's always been that way, if you ever talk to old vets you can instantly click with them. Even how the military is trying desperately to change our mannerism in recent years, I doubt they will ever be able to.

>>not realising Fick was actually an incredible officer as recognised by his peers
Sure, I would like to read those almost definitely unbiased accounts.

Like when mistress puts you in a vacuum bag and puts your vacuum bagged ass on top of a big cement mixer but the cement mixer if full of rocks.

I'm not American either by the way (Canadian), but it stays the same for the majority of the world. I've worked with troops all of the world and we are always the same.

Unless you are working with conscripts.

>Casey Kasem

Get outta here

Nice, appreciating it even more now. I know when I first watched it, I was a bit put off by the constant over the top - way everyone talks to each other, but I figured that must be the best way to cope with all the shit you get thrown at, and the show and all the characters really grew on me.
Might be the show I rewatched the most, sad that there aren´t much comparable shows out there

That's the usual reaction by civilians I find. We get so used to acting like this, that it's hard for a lot of us when we get out to adjust to the rest of society. Whenever I go out with guys I served with, we always get some nasty looks. But that's just the culture, hard to understand unless you've been there.