IF LUKE DIES, WE RIOT

IF LUKE DIES, WE RIOT.

Someone post the Kyle Katarn edits, you know the ones

Luke was a whiny bitch until RotJ. Setiously, upon a rewatch you can tell in the first two films that Lucas wrote him like he later wrote Anakin. If he is a punk in TLJ again, then I'll be glad to see him offed.

>Luke in 'canon'
>is a hobo
>got btfo'd and went crying to temple.

>Luke in Legends
>badass.
>creates an actual new jedi order which had revised code so that no idiot will turn for stupid reasons like love, passion, etc.
>even when set back by turns, wars, you never see him break down like an idiot.

What did we do to deserve this?

Hitler was right

The Nu-Trilogy is a soft reboot. Luke is the Yoda character. So he won't die until the next film.

Who is that "Hitler" you're talking about, our only leader here is the emperor a.k.a Sheev

What the fuck isnth problem with him dying exactly?

>watching Jew Jew Abrams' Diversity Wars
I think I'll pass

>another Star Wars thread

how do u honestly care
star wars has always been shit

it will all mean the the OT was for naught. Killing Luke without redeeming him from his being a hobo is fucking like euthanizing your favorite character after said character realizes he's wasted his life for nothing.

>isnth
*is the

Anything worth spoiling about the movie?
I would assume they tried to copy the I am your father scene.

The main reason people always wanted a new sequel trilogy was to see how Luke grew and rebuilt the Jedi legacy. We only really get to see look in the OT as an amateur and I guess people always wanted to see wise Jedi master look in full glory

>Canon Luke
>Loses once, gets super depressed and fucks off
>EU Luke
>Has his wife and nephew die, has his other nephew turn to the dark side (who kills his wife) and try to kill him, has Vong wipe out billions of people during his time
>Still gets back up after every loss and keeps going
Fuck, EU Luke is admirable.

i hope luke is a lost soul like samurai jack in first 3 episodes of season 5, before that became completely awful as well

priest/warrior who lost their path is an underused trope

Luke RIP
There is nothing amiss

He's going to train Rey...and then he's going to fucking die,like every other Jedi teacher before him.

Obi-Wan, secluded old hermit, teaches Luke,DIES
Yoda, secluded old hermit, teaches Luke, FUCKING DIES.
Qui_Gon,not a miserable old hermit, but he teaches Obi-Wan and Anaki ( a little ), and he fucking dies too.

Did no one see this coming,seriously?

This. EU Luke has never gave up on the Jedi Order. Hamill was right, the direction they went with destroyed what made Luke beloved in the first place.

user I...
>luke dies

>caring at all about star wars

>Fan expectation/desire

I can understand this a little bit better but still

Being a straight white male. Got to destroy him since The Force is now female.

The way he was described fighting i EU gives me erections still

you know this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, right?

People already were slightly rubbed the wrong way when Luke did not appear except in the last part in EP VII, and before that, they were slightly bummed that Luke was not going to be grandmaster Luke from the books.

The real point of this is :

Disney better burn all those NJO books because after next week, fans will try to get those books and declare war against them.

OT and EU is a space fairy tale.

ST and NuCanon are a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The fact that nothing has changed makes it even worse though. The "resistance" should be the establishment, the fact that they are basically just rebels is a huge cop out.

Would have made more sense if the first order were now the rebels being put down and hunted by the new republic.

Luke dies peacefully after single handedly distracting Kylo and his army and allowing the Resistance to follow the crystal foxes to safety.

with bringing the central character back after 32 years, i guess people expected a little more than a 10 second cameo, a further 2 year wait, and a questionable end

just seems like a waste to me. hope it plays better than it reads

EU fags explain me this.

You hate what disney did with star wars, while EU ends with the jedi order exiled from the galaxy.

>Disney just committed suicide by Killing Luke.

>fans of the OT will join with the Luke fans in celebrating his best days, and thanks to you Disney, EU Luke is his best days.

We actually got to experience Luke after the OT though. How could you be a fan of the OT and not want to get more Luke stories?

Luke's the man, don't even hate.

Stop lying fags in Legends Luke and his faggot band is banished from the galactic alliance because every single time something happens in the galaxy it is because his cuck family or one of his gay ass students. For example Kyp Duron, who is worse than hitler and stalin together because he killed so many gets mercy, because "hurr durr I am so sorry and I am a jedi"

Legends is shit and anybody who likes it should kys.

>66
You failed, your Highness. I am a shitposter, like my father before me.

The point is that whatever happens in the far future, there at least is a Jedi Order in the end and Luke didn't let himself be disheartened when his first attempt failed. Like did literally NOTHING but run and hide this time.

Even yoda fucked off to a planet like a homeless nigger after he failed, while he was an old and wise jedi. Why does it hurt so much that luke did the same.

>Luke was a whiny bitch until RotJ
the guy was just a teen when he joined the rebels, took part in a full-on assault against the Death Star, and then, while still not truly a jedi, he went on to fight Vader

how does that make him a whiny bitch?

At least, at every turn and setback, Luke never gave up and coiled like a bitch in some planet.

Because it wasn't okay when the shitty prequels did it, and it's not fine now

You would expect Luke to be better than that.

I could but no one that matters is going to give a shit. Burn the books, are you out of your fucking mind. Because all this movie did was provoke people into buying more shit. If anything,Disney starts reprinting them.
Nah this is all Star Wars paint by numbers with a few color/ gender swaps. I'M m a big Star Trek fan myself and it took me two of the new movies to figure out they just don't t give a duck about what Was originally great about it and are just people in charge of getting the maximum profit out of a product. The sooner you SAW fans realize this the easier it will be too right off any other movies or embarrassingly bad TV shows might come from it.

you must be all under 18

To be fair, the Jedi were being hunted and if you only go with the OT as canon then they're weren't any force users left.

The Old EU pretty much ignores that.

Is Luke the biggest Mary Sue in the SW universe?

Someone give me the short list of post-ROTJ novels to read.

Disney made a big mistake. Never show the franchise character's fate to be much worse than fans expected. It's what killed ST: Generations, it's what will kill this movie.

>For example Kyp Duron, who is worse than hitler and stalin together because he killed so many

What? Did he make death camps?

No, he failed often enough to have earned his success in the end.

Thrawn trilogy
stop

He had a starfighter !!! which was as powerful as the starkiller base, and he vaporized countless planets under the control of the empire, just because an evil force ghost told him.
So he left Luke's academy, (where one student who ojined the dark side made a lightsaber as long as a spear) to go on a rampage, when he accidently killed his brother, so he went back to the light side.

Yeah, it is fucking lame. This is the story what these fags ITT are crying for.

I am not saying disney is better, but still fucking lame.

The best was when one student at Lukes academy was literally an airbender, and when the evil force ghost was choking them, he created wind which went to their lungs so they survived.

nigger i swear to god i will write another detailed analysis of why this is the biggest fuck up of lukes character ive ever seen. luke rejected the stupid jedi teachings of purging emotion and being passive little bitches who didnt do shit while the empire took over the galaxy. yoda and obi wan were niggers who let the galaxy fall to shit so their 20 year "plan" could maybe work. making luke follow their same mistakes after he basically told yoda to fuck off in ESB after yoda said dont save your friend is character assassination because these fucking kikes running disney dont understand the possibility of a character choosing to do good over evil of their own volition rather than having some bullshit spiritual guide or code telling them what to do. kikes dont understand how to be a good person, and so they destroy all our myths of those who chose to be good over evil.

No we won't.

t. Mickey

>thrawn trilogy
>c'baoth
>katana fleet

no, thanks

unironically this

considering what they're doing to it, I wish I didn't

pretty much this

not being a slave to fate or prophecies, doing what you need/have to for the ones you care about most. thats what luke is about. hes thrust into importance and has to put an end to the suffering

Kevin J Anderson makes all of his books about superweapons.

>luuke

seriously though george and zahn get along quite well.

George himself liked Dark Empire, Shadows of the Empire, most of the 'tales of' books and the thrawn books. He liked some of the other EU concepts but he doesn't tend to like the stories people tell in the EU except those ones.

Wraith Squadron is the only good book from Legends - EU. I would literally sell my kidney if they would make a tv show from it.

Is all Disney knows how to do is kill of old star wars characters for a cheap pop? I guess Chewbacca is dying in the 3rd one.

>what did we do to deserve this?

We weren't a large enough demographic

Shut up white boi

no. u

actually pretty true

Thrawn Trilogy
Jedi Academy Trilogy
I, Jedi
X-Wing series
Correllian Trilogy, I guess.

>NJO
Vector Prime just for the setup, the book's trash.
Dark Tide Duology
Agents of Chaos Duology
Edge of Victory Duology
Star By Star
The Unifying Force
Legacy of the Force
Just the books by Troy Denning and Aaron Allston, plus Revelation

>post LoTF
there's a whole series dealing with Luke in Exile with his son and finding a lost tribe of sith that I never read.

Keep in mind that I have a stronger tolerance for garbage writing than most people around here.

>luke fighting the Vong

He was his own vortex, deflecting amphistaff strikes, whiplike
lashes, and spurts of deadly venom; dodging or redirecting flights of
thud bugs; parrying the thrusts of coufees, to sidestep, duck, maneuver
his body in ways that seemed to defy gravity. Stunned or burned by Luke's
green blade, thud bugs were ricocheting from the walls and high ceiling,
chipping away at the yorik coral surface.
Dropped in their tracks, warriors sprawled with hands pressed to
stumps of legs and opened foreheads, or with black blood welling where
the lightsaber had found defenseless areas between living armor and
tattooed flesh. Jacen recalled watching his uncle on Belkadan, where the
war had begun, wielding two lightsabers when he had come to Jacen's
rescue.
But the rescue on Belkadan paled in comparison to the control Luke
demonstrated now. His single blade might as well have been ten, or
twenty. He took the steps at a lightning pace, burning his way through
dilating membranes but in complete control of his momentum. Seen through
the Force he was a maelstrom of luminous energy, a Force storm against
which there was no shelter. And yet all his energy poured from a calm
center; an eye.
He made no missteps. None of his actions were interrupted by
thought. In fact, Luke didn't seem to be there at all-physically or as an
individual personality. Jacen and Jaina were astounded-but they had
little time to reflect. Their lightsabers were busy, as well, turning the
blows Luke dodged, or defending assaults launched from below. On the
fourteenth level, where the Citadel's exterior wings sprouted from the
hull, they reached a fork in the stairway. Luke swung to Jacen.

This is terrible. The EU was a mistake .

we will never see this version of luke

>Luke doing nitoryuu
>not awesome
are you gay?

I'll post again in a disney wars thread if he does.

>Luke Skywalker! I thought he was a myth?!
>finally meet Luke
>overcome with emotion
>it's really him!
>turns out to be a huge asshole
>nothing like the legends
>I guess he really was only a fictional character