Knowing (2008)

Damn, this movie is GREAT.
>Great Cinematography
>Great lighting and shadows
>One of Nic Cage's better performances
>Suspenseful, mysterious, intriguing.
>Biblical theme
This is the movie that Signs wanted to be.

Why is it so hated? Is it because critics are Christians and can't handle any mention of God and angles being depicted as aliens?

I liked it too OP

I liked that it followed through

2nd best plane crash scene ever?

it was pretty good for a cage flick

Beautiful film with a neat premise, but they went full retard with the aliens.
Philosophical question: why write the numbers if nothing can be done to change the events?

This. Nic Cage's character was developed quite well through the film. Especially when his core beliefs become rattled, and he has a redemption arc where he realizes that the world was not worth living in without his family and friends and he united with them

The theme of determinism vs randomness was explored deeply in the film, and I think it was used to convey the idea that the disasters were the doings of God/ Gods will, so they were not changeable. It could be a metaphor for the story of Moses and through the extreme natural distastes did God show his being to mankind.

Blasphemous bullshit. Time will come soon and all of you heathens will be put on the wall. America will be great again.

SOON (I hope)

>mention of God and angles being depicted as aliens
You realize that the Bible points to a bigger idea, right? Just calling them aliens from another world is a lame downgrade. It is simple minded. It is not seeing the bigger picture.

God and angels aren't just aliens from another world. They are alien to this planet, but not from another planet. They are from another plane of being. Aliens from another world are nothing compared to beings from another higher dimension of existence.

one of my favs

2nd? What's 1st then?

It’s spelled angels you brainlets

don't be stupid

Flight

>What's 1st then?
hint:
big guy for you, agency worker and a scientist who did not bring his friends.. and this plane

The Denzel movie? The movie was great but the crash landing wasn't as good as the one in sully.

>Great lighting and shadows

You can't browse this board, when you don't know it.
I'm in good mood today, so gonna be nice guy and tell you. The Dark Knight Rises

reminder Roger Ebert gave this movie 4 out of 4 stars
and I agree

> I liked that it followed through
Exactly this. It setup everything up and didn't cop out at the end.

> Great lighting and shadows
Not sure that's what you mean. It did have some great cinematography though. The plane crash scene was very well shot.

I meant the lighting in scenes where Nic is in the house.