Why doesn't he just use his powers to move his legs?

Why doesn't he just use his powers to move his legs?

>Why doesn't telepathy = telekinesis

Because him in a wheelchair is symbolic and normies dont like things that aren't symbolic.

Xavier's original legs were cut off my Magneto and replaced with flesh-mimicking Shadow King larvae that actively resist psychic stimulus. Haven't you read the comics?

It's his excuse to skip leg day.

He has both.

Wheels are easier, and he's a lazy fuck

That chair is comfy as fuck AND mobile.

Walking is for the plebs that have to compromise between comfort and mobility.

Source?

Legs are immune to telepathy

Good question.

The man you see is just a dummy actor playing up the image to keep up public appearances.
Professor X is really the wheelchair.

In the movies I'm pretty sure they said something like it takes too much effort and he can't do other stuff

>Focusing on making his legs move
>Suddenly attacked, loses focus
>Drops to the floor like a sack of potatoes

No, in the movies the mutant cure Beast made happens to also cure bullet wounds to the spine. But if you stop taking it you get your powers back.

That still doesn't explain why he can't use his powers to make his legs work

Holy fuck, people really don't read comics here.

Cause he has the power to control people's minds and to mind rape them (no literally he straight up mind raped a 15 year old girl one time and made her orgasm like 20 times with his brain) . He doesn't have the power to move things with his mind.

>He doesn't have the power to move things with his mind.

>I USED MY TELEKINETIC POWER

that was retconned in later issues

You are talking about an era where they changed Cyclops's name because Stan Lee forgot his name. An era where professor X straight up hides in the basement for a year to fuck with the team. And an era where chuck is trying to fuck a 17 year old Jean Grey

>Comics have wacky plots

Not seeing how that invalidates anything. I don't think you can name a single run that didn't have at least one detail that sounds ridiculous when you explicitly describe it.

I'm just saying this was back when Stan Lee wrote it, thus he didn't keep track of things like names or powers

Underrated.

>right leg
>left leg
>right leg
>left leg
>right leg
>left leg
>right leg
>left leg
>right leg
>left leg
>stand
>stand
>stand
>stand
>faster right leg
>faster left leg
>faster right leg
>faster left leg
>swing right leg while jumping with left leg

All that while trying to hold a telepathic conversation with his team and talking with his mouth the person he's fighting

I remember that.

They changed his powers so that he no longer has telekinesis/it's too weak to move limbs, so essentially he's just a very strong telepath. It's like how Magneto used to be able to control more than metal, and Shaw used to be a much bigger threat.

Sentinels have gotten better though, so there's always that.

My question is, why is his upper body so hench? It's common among parapelegics, but not to that extent.

I'm not your magneto

Jim Lee would be disappointed

cause he's a lazy fuck that's why, also free handicap parking, handicap tables at the Denny's, and free Phone plan with Verizon using the Lifeline plan.

Nigga, play qwop, that's what Professor X would be like if he used his telekinesis to control his legs.

Better question, why doesn't Beast or Forge just hook him up with some exo-leg harness to allow him to walk like in Wolverine and the X-Men?

That's fucking hot.

I think his telekinesis is very weak or retconned to none at all. The better question is, why doesn't Beast make a cure, or why don't they get a mutant with a healing power to help him? I think I read a while back that Xavier stays paralyzed essentially to soften the image of mutants. If the all-powerful mutant leader with a nuclear bomb for a brain isn't able to walk, it humanizes him more. It's just a PR thing

the movies say he was paralyzed from a bullet and didnt get any makeshift legs so fuck your comic book theory

Xavier only has telepathy. He doesn't have telekinesis.

Telepathy is reading minds, broadcasting mental illusions, and thought control.

Telekinesis allows the mind to move objects on a macro scale.

In New X-Men, Jean Grey-Summers had the power to use telekinesis to move matter itself. That is how she destroyed the future in Here Comes Tomorrow and recreate the 616,

Yeah, Hickman's Secret War ending was done in Grant Morrison's New X-Men.

>muh movies!
>I can't read!
Go back to the redneckville kinoplex, retard.

Kinda sneaky, but with good intentions. I like it, it fits.

For a lot of psychic mutants telepathy and telekinesis are two sides of the same power. Even beyond Jean Grey and her clones/progeny.

Psylocke's whole gimmick is switching between telepathy and telekinesis depending on the writer.
Franklin Richards, Monet and Exodus have a whole mess of powers which include both telepathy and telekinesis
Mutants who we mostly think of as telepaths have had bouts of telekinesis: Emma Frost, Quentin Quire, even

And then there's non-mutant psychics who have both like Cosmo the dog, Bob the Uranian, and Moondragon

Its worth noting in the Ultimate comics, he also has telekinetic powers, they're just very weak and its a huge strain on him to lift himself up a flight of stairs.

Well that's not fair.

Stairs are Xavier's one weakness

Why didn't he use his powers to tell others to lift him up a flight of stairs?

this doesn't sound right but i would believe that this happened

because Xaviers an egocentric cunt who has to wave his massive 2 inch cock around.

Because then Mordo would come and take his powers away

>Cable can use his TK to keep the TO Virus from taking over his entire body
>Xavier can't even use his to move his damn legs
Well, I guess that's the difference between being a shady bald pedophile and the son of the rightest man there ever was and a clone of the woman everyone loved.

>the movies say
Stopped reading

I hate nu-Sup Forums who gets all their information from movies and have never actually read a comic.

Honestly Charles has been able to walk almost longer then hes been handicapped, that just his iconic look.

I appreciate that it's a gateway to get people interested in learning more but Jesus fucking Christ.

People at work will ask me something and when I answer they just delve into BUT IN THE MOVIE.
Then why did you ask if you already have the only answer you want.

No.

typical capeshit, not surprised at all