Latest Homestuck news. No info of the epilogue

Latest Homestuck news. No info of the epilogue.

What the fuck is going on in Hussie's mind?

>be in debt
>can't release a rushed epilogue, because his company would murder his ass (even if the epilogue is just shipping shit)
>still working on a video game with people who have no clue how to make a video game (billion artists and idea guys, but no actual coders with experience)
>he doesn't even write the game and hires a random twitter shitposter to take over

Why does he keep making his life harder and harder?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/andrewhussie/status/587825202714824704?lang=en
reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/64fh45/skrub_frog_breeding/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We already had a thread about it yesterday, user.

Cause he's a small-time artist who wasn't prepared for his webcomic to explode in popularity as much as it did, and in trying to keep producing content he made a bunch of dumb business decisions because he has little experience and has outsourced so much of his creation that I think you could barely credit him for how Homestuck is at the moment.

Is he actually in debt though? Is the game really in a bad shape?

The game's had to be restarted at least once (maybe twice?) from absolute square one after he basically got fucked out of his money. I don't want to misquote him but he's said in candid updates that most of the money raised by the kickstarter was already gone and he was spending the rest of the cost out of pocket.

I forget the artist who posted about it on deviantart, but one of the original team members of HS said that Hussie came in one day and basically told everyone "there's no more money".

>still working on a video game with people who have no clue how to make a video game (billion artists and idea guys, but no actual coders with experience)

It's funny because with even one fucking decent coder they could get their piece of shit to work.

christ that's sad. I hope that's not true.

I could be wrong, but I think it was something like 2/3 of the money being gone thanks to that game company stealing it. God, I still can't believe that happened.

Maybe he hired Cohen because Cohen is willing to work for very little? I mean, I wouldn't pay Cohen very much.

>The Prequel and Paranatural creators learned from this guy

Prequel's only takeaway was how to handle hiatuses.
Paranatural though, he took all the wrong lessons away from Hussie.

Hussie and North washed their hands and walked away. The Lead Writer/Creative Designer is someone whose writing experience is 'unfunny tweets' and 'tweets about his woke #resist trump'-ness.

It's going to be a garbage fire, and his snapchats show how tonedeaf he is.

I'd pay Cohen anti-money.

>implying release ever

That's honestly pretty sad.

Back in the days of Undertale release, our threads would sometimes be raided by obnoxious homestucks, screeching that Temmie is ripping off Nepeta (because both have cat ears, you see) and how Sans's jokes about socks are the same as that one SBAHJ strip.

They were easy to deal with - we just told them "don't worry, user, you'll get a Homestuck videogame eventually".

Fast forward to today, when I'm one of many waiting on Hiveswap to release just to witness the inevitable trainwreck.

I think I realised something about snapchat updates and Cohen's writing.
Remember the "simultaneity jubilee", when carapaces tried to blow up a moon for no reason? Perhaps this is how Cohen sees Hussie's writing.
Homestuck features many insane plot twists and surprising developments. Readers usually react to updates in a very over-the-top surprised way, as in "HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS". Perhaps in Cohen's opinion, this is what makes Homestuck great - constant asspuls out of nowhere. Hence carapaces blowing up the moon is a great story, because nobody expects it.

>Carapaces blow up the moon
>suddenly human kingdom and troll kingdom wage war against the carapace kingdom for doing that shit

dude. we had an epilogue, albeit the shittiest one anyone could ever think of. homestuck will never be touched again

Do not weep for the master of schemes and betrayal.

Wasn't undertale the next stop for homestuck fans after it ended anyway? because toby worked on both? I always assumed that's why the fanbases of both ended up so aggressive and unlikable. Because it was inherited.

>because both have cat ears, you see
I thought it was because temmie would summon a sweaty horse guy.

>we had an epilogue
Bullshit, that guy wrote a fucking newspost how he is going to add an epilogue later after Act 7 hit.

and then deleted the post long long ago, like many other announcements. you are a fool to think he is able to finish anything anymore

Cohen lacks a fundamental understanding of the characters, and is more concerned with #woke pandering. It's little stuff, but it fills me with dread.

For example, Roxy. Through the comic she dresses in a feminine way, is associated with feminine colors, and acts as the mother to the group. Cohen takes over, and she starts dressing in neutral, masculine colors, in traditionally masculine garb. It's such a small thing, but shows that Cohen doesn't care about character consistency when he can blur gender lines, because progressivism.

Remember, when Trump won, he tweeted saying his writing was going to become "So much more queer and antifascist".

I hope bad things with happen to Hussie

>puts Calliope, a girl who always wears suits, in a dress
>puts Roxy, a girl who always wears skirts/dresses, in a suit
The man is an enigma.

Bad things already happened to him, user.
I honestly can't blame him, he seems like a victim of circumstance.

He's trolling, right? No one can show this level of neglect to his loyal fanbase!

CaNWC is better any way.

>reddit humour comic
Maybe you should stay there.

Still better that final acts of homestuck.

When's the lawsuit? WP needs to be sued out of existence.

I'm getting what I need from All Night Laundry and from Awful Hospital.

We have lots of the same threads every day.

Hello Sup Forums I've just finished reading act 5 and now in act 6, first intermission, and I can't help but notice that NOBODY gives a shit that Gamzee just killed 2 of their friends, wtf is this shit.

Prepare yourself for even more bad writing and no more enjoyment of the comic at all.

Kanaya cares.
Dave cares, but is too much of a wuss to do anything about it.
Terezi and Karkat are used to casual murder.
Rose... could find out quickly (Seer) where Gamzee is... IF finding Gamzee would help them win the game, and IF she doesn't cripple herself because Seer players have a habit of making themselves blind.

Nervous Broad > Hysterical Dame
Ace Dick > Problem Sleuth > Pickle Inspector

user he flagrantly just doesn't care about the people who backed the Kickstarter at all, to the point of the Kickstarter not getting updates about things happening until a week or two after it happens. Hell, they even sent out a "special offer" to the backers who gave a bunch of money, but they had to sign an NDA just to see what the offer is. I felt pity for Hussie, but that ran out 2 years ago.

If Hussie actually didn't care, he would just drop the project and blame it on TOG. Instead he keeps this shitshow going, even though it's obvious how burned out he is. I think he feels obligated to backers, but can't bring himself to come clean and say "sorry".

He hasn't even said sorry period. In all the announcements of delays or "apologizing" to the backers for them getting updates after everyone else the words "sorry" or "apology" don't even make the slightest cameo. Fuck, when he announced that Hiveswap would be delayed in the next sentence he asked people to buy some more merchandise. I don't believe Hussie has any good intentions anymore.

You're welcome.

there's something about this kanaya... feels more autistic than usual...

oh my god why

is karkat still shit........?

I still wonder why they went 3d instead of using this perfectly good style instead.

Doesn't matter now because it's 2D again.

Yeah, and they still don't use the old aesthetic. It's ridiculous.

Character models are 3D against 2D environments. Which is probably the right choice for a small team.

>Traditional 413 promotion
4/13 is just a day to sell cheap merchandise to Hussie now?

I used to regret giving money to the Kickstarter, but then I realized it all went to a better game.

Temmie's a bad Mr. Saturn rip off though.

any gentle backer here will mega the game right? I need to see how bad it is to make meme webms

Hussie probably wants it to look "good".

Is there a Wizardy Herbert fandom?
Asking for a friend.

It's a Steam release only, it will need to be crackef as well. Not that cracking Steam DRM is that hard, but still.

>anything related to homestuck post-cascade
>good

What shirt is that where can i get it

I wish Hussie had just written Wizardy Herbert.

So this is what bronies call humor.

I just want horse shirt what is it

3 second google search, come on user. Get your shit together.

twitter.com/andrewhussie/status/587825202714824704?lang=en

ah thank you but how was I supposed to start just googling andrew hussie horse shirt sanity checking that as a human that wouldnt work but i guess it does by googles al-go-rythm really tho i wouldn't even expect google to know who andrew hussie is

Also, "Horse to meet you" could not be thrown more up my alley. Thank you again.

I made a card game for frog breeding in muh game. reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/64fh45/skrub_frog_breeding/

Maybe separate the game-mechanics instructions from the game-theme instructions? Took me a couple readthroughs to differentiate the two.

>Oh I Am Sorry Anonymous I Was Not Paying Attention To What You Were Saying I Got Distracted By Your Looks
>What Were You Stating Exactly

gib succ

I was going to ask about
I mean
that uh
do you I mean did you always
nevermind

It was 2012, you probably still used "gog" back then.

That was only five years ago, man.

he's slowly becoming a national embarrassment

>you can only keep one mutant genome of a frog at a time
>One you have two frogs mutant genomes, you can move on to the next step
Please explain.
Overall the system seems pretty interesting, I like the idea of cards representing genes.

I'm supposed to do step 4 four times? does that mean I need a total of sixteen "frogs" to start?

Will pic related make a comeback?

Christ, there was so much missing here. What was the point of hyping up Dave's sword with "OH WELL IT's THE ONLY THING THAT CAN HURT ENGLISH", when they never even bothered with it, and just had Vriska do everything? Jesus christ.

Because that'd require Vriska not being a spotlight stealer, and we can't have that.

Shh, no more tears for the wasted opportunity that was Homestuck. Use these emotions to fuel your own creative projects.

This guy gets it.

Kanaya is for cock.

WHERE'S MY ANIME FIGHT WITH THE BETA KIDS AGAINST ENGLISH HUSSIE? You can even play that fucking Con Air song through it.

I wonder what it'd be like if Homestuck ended both properly, but also before all the endless megapauses. I think slapping in the cherubs and extra trolls really fucked it all up as well as all the pointless shipping pandering.

I've never seen such a fall into both pity and irrelevance as I did Andrew Hussie.

Karkat and Nepeta was such a nice little ship. I'm glad it got even the smallest of nods in the dreambubble flashes.

Dave's cueball sword destroyed Union Jack, who was Caliborn's avatar in universe B2. So the prophecy kinda came true?

That is what we call a cop-out.

Dang, is there a version with minimized white space

No, it's full 2D, check again