Literally Mary-Sue the character

Literally Mary-Sue the character.

This is just lazy writing for one of the most epic franchises.

I guess they realized only manchildren and literal kids watch star wars, which is why theyre so lazy and stupid at hollywood

Literally Indian sidewalk posting

this thread is 2 years late to the party

I LIEK STORE PORES

>This is just lazy writing for a *multi-million dollar franchise to which people will flock without fail year after year*

It's certainly hard to believe.

>every other Star Wars characters are so deep
>females get out of my spacekino

This is your brain on soy

w

oooh i like this one. nice job

Are you retarded?

>no Jedi has a midichlorian count as large as Anakin
>Rey wins a lightsaber battle
Fkn women ruin my children's films

And how was Luke able to pilot x-wing when he hasnt been in fucking space before?

>before: space christians. very respectful, traditional, someone you can respect and think of as hero

>now: bunch of SJW faggots burning down everything that is fun coz muh agenda. forced female lead forced minorities forced bullshit everything and NO FUN

Anyone who gives time to the new nu-star jews trilogy is

>(You)

>we must get the map to find Luke
>who do we send?
>how about this random chick who showed up five seconds ago?

haha epic original post my man, really insightful groundbreaking new knowledge you just laided out infront of us, Disney BTFO haha

>You12

Apparently that Pawn guy from RPF is telling the truth. A number of people there are confirming it, FWIW.

She survives on a desert planet, raised by an unfeeling blob. She's successful enough as a scavenger, and would have to be a competent fighter in a place where food is scarce and presumably someone on that planet wouldn't pass up the chance to rape or eat her. Years of crawling around old wrecked star ships have given her understanding of them, nevermind whatever else she's done for food. Its implied she's been on the Millenium Falcon, so she's probably done repair work as well.

All this as a Force user. An apparently gifted one. Anakin was just as much a Mary Sue, as was Luke. They were literally good at everything they did, and a big part of that was the Force. If Rey really offends this in you, but none of them did, there might be some other reason you have a problem.

Yeah except Anakin falls from grace and becomes Darth fucking Vader. Disney would never do something like that with MaRey Sue. Also
>instantly loved by everyone
>amazing pilot, knows more about the millennium falcon than han
>can fix anything, also knows the interworkings of first ordsr security doors enough to bypass any character development
>Leia hugs her before chewy after han dies
>speaks every language ever
I couldn't come up with a bigger MaRey Sue if I was a 14 year old girl on DeviantArt.

>kylo kills snoke (cut in half)
>luke suicides into force god ghost by draining his force energy into an omnipresent projection
>Leia is alive but resistance gets BTFO
>Rem needs a new lightsaber

If you think that Luke was just instantly good at everything you need to research the fucking original trilogy or wait another 30 minutes for an autist to break it down to you and make you look like an idiot.

>that time Rey runs away and endangers her friends cuz she won't accept the lightsaber
>that time Rey is tempted to sell out the droid
>Rey doesn't want to help the galaxy, she wants to stay on her planet and wait

People call her a Mary Sue cuz she knows tech, but she's literally a spaceship salvager.

People call her a Mary Sue cuz she has intuitive connection to the force, but there seems like good odds she's force trained, possibly by Luke himself.

People call her a Mary Sue cuz she beat Kylo Ren, but he was severely injured and she's an established martial weapons user.

I'll give it to you that I didn't find her extremely interesting, because she doesn't have oodles of personality, but she has flaws, and her strengths are justified.

so they just copypasted the poor kid becomes local hero to beat big bad corporate guys shit but as a unfunny female twist.
really creative

It'll all make sense when you watch TLJ

OH MY GOD!!! WHAT GLARING CHARACTER FLAWS! Good thing you watched the movie and set us straight! It's almost as if that's exactly why she is a Mary Sue.

I'm assuming this is a copy paste list so free to add add:
>spontaneously learns jedi mind trick and other force powers (no Luke's initial training took 4-6 weeks and even then he doesn't do shit)
>wins ls duel without any instruction or training (no, Luke trained for years before killing someone with a ls, there's a fucking gap in between movies)

No I literally just typed the first things that came to my head. The list of things that make her a Mary Sue is too long to memorize.

anakin had the highest midichlorian count but had to train several years to be a competent fighter/pilot/etc. it's not like he beats darth maul in episode one.

She's too convenient in the ways of the Force and that was annoying. The reason she "beats" Kylo Ren is because he's been weakened by being shot by Chewie and cut by Finn. And obviously she's a scavenger who has knowledge over machinery and how star crafts work.

The only thing that's really annoying is when the Force kicks in just because it has to.

>Luke
Watch the movies
>Anakin
He's literally destined to be the most powerful fuck ever, he was trained by Jedi masters at the height of their power he's supposed to be the pinnacle of Jedi/Sith potential. The only reason he doesn't realize his full potential is because he's arrogant and full of rage, gets mutilated and thus his raw power is greatly diminished. It has been confirmed by Lucas himself that Anakin's raw potential was GOAT. That's what makes his story so sad, he actually was king shit.

Yeah Rey sucks. I only care about Kylo and Luke

To add to that he gets his ass raped by count Dooku. Maybe they will give ReyRey Sue an ouchie in this movie to stay in tradition with ripping off the original trilogy as much as possible. Even if they did it would be like a small scratch on her chest or something fucking stupid like that. Can't have a female character show weakness or act like a woman that's fucking sexist.

Not that guy but Rey is only really super convenient in the ways of the Force, and that is the irritating part about her. She couldn't beat Kylo without Chewie and Finn damaging him, she only knew how to work machinery and space crafts because of her time in Jakku.

The part you should be criticizing is her convenient ways in the Force.

There are TONS of reasons to criticize her shit character, why limit yourself to one?

If she's not a mary sue she's certainly the Poochie of the series.

>look was training to become a pilot
>if uncle owen didn't force him to stay on the farm for another year he was going to empire pilots school

It's like you didn't even watch the series...

Because I only criticize when there is a good reason

>she beat Kylo Ren!!!!
A guy who was shot in the leg by Chewie and got a huge gash on his shoulder by Finn and Anakin's lightsaber. She could only win with a big handicap.

>she knows how to work with ships!!!
Wasn't she a scavenger on a planet with a bunch of ship parts for years? Why would she not know how ships worked?

Those seem to be you major beefs and only one of them is actually legit as she somehow knew how to perform the Jedi Mind Trick with nobody showing her how it worked like Obi Wan did with Luke.

Those are two minor things I listed. They are by no means my major beefs but certainly things that, when added up with a myriad of other similar "feats", make her into a Mary Sue. That's all I'm saying.

Why couldn't Kylo use Force Choke on her? He is atleast strong enough to stop a laser blast mid-air.

Let's just limit it to muh females in muh star wizard movies

sw has been dead since 1997, with the release of the special editions.