First three episodes were decent but the fourth one was a serious dip in quality...

First three episodes were decent but the fourth one was a serious dip in quality. It's going to be pretty mediocre if it continues.

The fourth episode felt like a throwback to older Samurai Jack. They can't all be intense showdowns. No show has a perfect season.

The third was almost as bad as the fourth. Almost.

I mean it was okay looking but Jack was out of touch and Ashi's rambling was too annoying.

It felt weird.

The first two episodes were great, the third was pretty good, the fourth was alright.

I probably would have liked the fourth better if the ladybug scene was in Episode 1 instead of Episode 4. Would've made the ending feel more natural.

Also, Jack's love of fur continues.

>my face when all thought every episode so far was great

I thought it would have made more sense if Ashi kept following Jack after showing no will to fight her anymore instead of Jack deciding to take her with him

Fourth?

What the fuck all ya'll talkin about?

It's been shit since the first episode fuck off with this bullshit hype.

>"I hate it because it's popular! Fuck off with your Tumblrite show! Samurai Jack was never good! REEEEEEE"

Classic Sup Forums.

You'll never know what true quality is.

I thought it was great. After three episodes of building up the sisters trying to kill Jack, I'm glad we got a fun change of pace.

The first episode was VERY good. Felt just like the old show. Scaramouch and the doggirls were gold.

Thanks for the (You)s but of course, I was merely pretending to be faggots like the anons I replied to. They can go fuck off back to their respective waifufaggotry chinese cartoons.

Poor bait

This.

Its called pacing

First we went up up up and now were taking a breather for the next few episodes
A show that gives constant thrill loses its charm a lot quicker than a show that paces itself and lets the audience breathe

>breather for the next few episodes
Sounds like a waste when we only get ten episodes.

I liked all of them. number 3 is my fav, I really like that visual of all the dead facing the throne

>First three episodes were decent but the fourth one was a serious dip in quality.
Agree.

>It's going to be pretty mediocre if it continues.
Retarded, baseless bait comment. Either you are a contrarian, a troll, an idiot, or you're just afraid of enjoying something.

I think for me it's less whatever's happening and more the why, feels a very writer driven effort at pathos so far.

Like Genndy sat down with Bryan and the others and thought people who have or haven't seen the original show might be accustomed or numbed or unconcerned with Jack's old plight of trying to get back to the past, so he's like
>Oh no no, that will not do. They need to understand just how bad things are. Like they're even more super bad than when a demon ruled the world. It's double bad now. Firstly it's be 50 years so everyone Jack knew or helped is super old and dying or dead, secondly all the time portals are destroyed--

>Well, I guess we can work with that if some new characters and means of--

>Thirdly the sword is gone.

>What?! How--

>Fourthly there's a cult against Jack who he must not only face while heavily disadvantaged but redeem one member of--

>That seems oddly specific--

>Fifthly--

>No, listen I'm asking if we really need all of--

>Jack is also on the brink of insanity and suicide--

>Genndy!

And he just kept writing more shit down.
Don't get me wrong before you assume I'm complaining about the mere presence of the hero facing strife. No, as I said it's less what's happening and more why and how.

There's tension and stakes and then there's running the gauntlet just to put your character through as much as possible. The only solace is at the very least finding the sword will also apparently involve Jack finding himself spiritually again so they're compiling as many troubles as solutions. I just hope the conclusion to that episode isn't that the sword was inside him all along like in the comic. It's not a bad concept, it's just sort of silly if he never knew or tried to learn that possibility for fifty years. The only point of such a thing would be that Jack wasted fifty years running in circles.

This is an underrated post.

>taking a breather for the next few episodes
What are the 7 days you go without watching it?

format =/= pacing

>Jack was out of touch and Ashi's rambling was too annoying
>It felt weird.
Congratulations, you figured out the intent of the writers. Of course Jack is out of it a bit he just got off a killing spree, and Ashi's ramblings are annoying because they are meant to be, even Jack got pissed off at her after trying to stay calm the entire episode. And it felt weird because we just came off of a major tone switch.

This isn't a movie, it's a TV show. Each episode should have its own pacing.

Jackfags are pathetic

Agreed. I really liked the lone warrior, psychological vibe they were going for in the first few episodes. But now it looks to be going down the generic "rebellious teenager girl teams up with bearded old man" route.

>All these contrarian picky assholes ITT

Holy shit you guys will never be satisfied.

not in a serial show

I know, right? The moment there's an user who voices dissatisfaction of a negative opinion, there will be an army of butthurt assholes attacking them. That's why we get called Sup Forumsmblr.

Are you guys serious? It's so fucking good rofl

Wrong its a movie cut up into 10 pieces.

Well that's just retarded then.

Should have just done that for the last few.

TTGL disagrees

It was good faggot, calmdown

Genndy explained months in advance that it was going to be a single story spread across 10 chapters, and that it could be rewatched as a movie.

Yes, I will change my opinion because some anonymous shitter told me to. Fuck off to reddit and suck Genndy's jewish dick trash

Oh well, that's fine too. I'm just saying it would be nice to have a season of episodic Jack with this style and tone. I wish they could have gotten 2 more seasons instead of just 1.

Genndy is not a jew.

Underrated post

I agree.