Are zombies the worst kind of monster? As in, boring? Mummies, werewolves, sea-creatures...

Are zombies the worst kind of monster? As in, boring? Mummies, werewolves, sea-creatures, I think those are way more interesting.

I dont want monsters or guns or wars or CGI, i want relatable movies about being a real human being- Not all these gross fucking power fantasies.

Mummy is more like cursed lover, unwillingly turned into monster. At least in movies. Books usually show mummy as seductive queen or princess.

those exist
but i want those. well I don't WANT CGI, but if that is the only way to portray your idea, whaddaya gonna do?

Pshhh. No they don't. They are Egyptian dead people in bandages.

No. Vampires are the worst. Chickbait, virgin fantasies, and wannabe fashion fags. Zombies only crime is being overdone lately.

Of course, but I stated, mummy as horror figure in movies and novels.

I guess I don't read enough Monster High novels then.

Monster High fucking rules

I was talking about old novels, late 1800s or early 1900s. For example "Jewel of Seven Stars" by Bram Stoker or "The Unseen Man Story", forgot author.

Vampires are only bad because they've been romanticized. Writers like to treat them as immortal people rather than soulless demon corpses. When they are soulless demon corpses, they are GOAT

remember when Sup Forums had book threads? you'd save the image as a .rar and have a book embedded

I want a lich movie. Hybrid fantasy/horror. An undead wizard could be really scary done right.

I want pink blobs monsters. not a giant one that starts clear and eats people then turns red, but these tentacally 4 foot tall slimes

That's why I liked 30 days of night. The vampires were cunning and evil. And once the month long night begins they just slaughter the townsfolk at their leisure throughout the weeks. There was no romanticizing being a member of the undead. The main character even chooses death by sunrise rather than being cursed to immortal, ravenous undeath.

This. Been waiting for liches to be done properly. Only movie liches I can think of are the Nazgul.

That whole zombie thing was just a very obvious code for racism, colliding with clueless filmmakers' fetishism for "whatever people did in the 80s."

I don't like zombies. But I think zombies are a good metaphor for an unthinking society, especially one that is driven by consumerism. It really helps give you the whole "humans are the real monsters" vibe.

I think vampires are awesome because they are so flexible. But they are just that-- awesome, not scary or the best monster.

Werewolves are so hit and miss. Humanoid werewolf is goat. Hairy man and actual wolf transformation and you can throw that into the trash.

lol sea creatures.

Zombies were never meant to be scary.
It's the people leftover that are.

White Zombie was scary because of the ambitions of one man to brain control people as his slaves.

Most boring monster is Vampire. It's the Superman of monsters.
>lol I have all the powers and women find me sex xDD
The Nosferatu style as seen in self title and Valarie and her week of wonders though can be good.
Polecat from Valarie is especially interesting.
Pic related.

However vampires in general are not scary in the least.

animatronics and practical effects :^)
because im tired of the photoshop give me something natural

that's what i mean, they take shortcuts for moneys sake. if you CAN do it, you SHOULD