WE

WE

Miles isn't Peter Parker

comic books are gay as fuck

I knew this was going to be the reveal about 9 seconds in with the hip hop and the Jordans. I was already rolling my eyes by the time he took off the mask. OMYGERD IT'S SO FUCKING PROGRESSIVE I'M LITERALLY CUMMING

spbp

WUZ

He's an actual character from the comics you mong.
Sup Forums was a mistake

Whites just arent cool, black make for better actors and role models anyway, why don't you guys go raise someone elses son ;-).

>from the creators of The Lego Movie
K I N O

ayo hol up

>Bringing in Miles Morales when interest in spiderman is already at a low.
>Feature length CGI cartoon aimed at the teen-adult audience.

Its like they're deliberately trying to lose money.

>Whites just arent cool
This but unironically.

Lol do you think that makes a difference? I guess they'll just incidentally do a black version of every superhero and you'll act like it's not about race and it's just "a different character poltard hurr durr"

Miles Morales. Completely different character, separate universe from the main universe Spider-Man (at least until Marvel did their retarded converging thing, but Marvel comics have been complete shit for at LEAST a decade)

Brilliant, thanks for contributing. Now look just one post above.

>we want the neo nazi comic book reading demographic

I wouldn't give Miles that much credit. He popped up after some bizarre online push for a black spider-man that kind of came out of nowhere. He replaced Peter Parker with an off screen anticlimactic death in the ultimate line, which promptly ended (I assume due to a lack of people reading it, but I don't really know. It was bascically the only thing in the Ultimate line that was actually being read before his plot), and eventually came into 616 in a multiverse plot despite the whole premise of the Ultimate Universe being it was a contained thing (despite it being dead at that point). I don't consider him any better than the various SJW fuck ups that Marvel comics have been overwhelmed with for the last 10 years or so

>inb4 ACKSHUALLY IN DA COMICS IT'S A DIFRENT CARACDER *sips Dorito fingers*
O, guess I'm too late.

He’s also the least interesting Spider-Man. Black or not, he has the personality and charisma of a 2x4.

It IS a completely different character, though.
Stupid shit like this is completely standard in comics (because comics are kind of retarded).

They made him black and hispanic so they could kill two birds with one stone

Sup Forumstards and phoneposters need to be purged

the ultimate xmen and spiderman series had so much potential imo. One of the biggest downsides to writing any franchise character is that there is already so much material out there that it's hard to be original.
The ultimate series hit the reset button on everything and created plenty of room for new storylines

>It IS a different character though
How is that in any way a revittal to what I said, I acknowledged that he's a different character, the point is that these people are implying since he's a different character in the comics, it's not a situation shoehorning WE WUZ, as if that's not what the comics themselves were doing in the first place.

Ultimate Spidey was pretty good until Miles.

What demographic do they actually want though?

Obviously they don't want regular nerdy whites
Most Kids hate blacks
Blacks don't read comics, and nerdy blacks are usually weebs and stay the fuck away from western shit

Do they want Self-hating low iq pop culture whites?
A sub-culture of bug men that jump to a new trend every week?

What's the actual goal here?

lmao fuck is a revittal meant to say rebuttal sorry

Ultimate Spidey was not bad at the start, but Ultimate X-Men was pretty shitty. It felt like they wanted to try to make their characters edgy as shit. It continued on with the Ultimate version of Cap being a jackwad.

Ultimate was Marvel attempting to "push boundaries" on their previously established characters. It was all kind of a mess.

im ready for a black joker and wolverine desu

DC does it every 10 years or so with their universe, and while there's a certain appeal to dropping all that baggage I think the bigger problem is that it's too tempting to want to trash a setting like that as it ages since it runs out of reason for existing as things get more complicated. Also the Ultimate Universe has the problem of basically everyone aside from spider-man being a complete asshole

aww is the little white boy sad about losing his website?

He wasn't really a shoehorned "WE WUZ", at least not in the way you're implying. They were trying to force "shock value" into their characters, since it wasn't the mainline universe. Wolverine as an adult was fucking teenage Jean Grey, who's characerization (like many characters in Ultimate) was completely bastardized. They "shocked" people by killing Peter Parker, and replaced with some random gay black kid.

It wasn't about diversity, it was about "shock" crap.

Miles is a product of the SJW darkage that Marvel's brought on with its flailing attempts to bring in women and minorities as readers.
He exists purely to be a pandering KANNNNG character for their hypothetical new black readers that never transpired and as such he has absolutely no character traits besides being black. In many ways miles is even worse than the standard Hollywood initiated pallet swap to get down wid da kids, because they would have at least tried to make an interesting character, which Miles is assuredly not.

>/r/The_Donald calling anyone reddit

At least Miles has been around for a while though.

Still bad but it's not just a black reskin, which is something.

this is literally an attack on me, as a white man. The jews and their media are pushing black characters into mainstream media just to make sure I don't a gf and have children

I'm just laughing at the fact that he can't just be Spiderman, he's got to have on his Air Force Ones n sheeit

He's literally complaining about people who hate black peoople you dumb nigger

No, the diversity/SJW stuff came in many years later.

his air force ones show that he aint no uncle tom ass mofucka

you have to go back

People loved Spider-Gwen's design. They're probably hope to recapture that by expanding his design beyond just the previous recolor.

Pretty misguided though, yeah.

U rite bro
We need to start pushing back against the increasingly pervasive black culture and make rock popular again or something
I just watched Scream recently and literally teared up seeing a bunch of white kids partying to rock and being white
Now they're twerking and dabbing and generally being wiggers

>It's real to me.

No, Miles is openly credited as a direct result of marvel executives wanting to cash in on Barack Obama's Presidency with the aim of attracting black and SJW readers.

Miles' suit is black and red so everyone except fucking casuals knew it was him.

Always funny seeing seeing fat ass nerdy manchildren find superiority in reading comic books unlike "fucking casuals" with their literature and sex life and so forth.

I don't think that's really accurate. It's certainly shocking to kill and replace your main character out of the blue without even going in to detail, but that's not really the same thing as making doom a goat man or whatever other weird shit the Ultimate line did. There was definitely a level of pandering to it. They basically took a less successful spider-man line at a time where there were like 6 spider-man comics a month and gave in to outside pressures at the time that were literally making petitions and shit to make a black spider-man. I'm kind of butthurt about the whole thing because I liked ultimate spider-man and that completely killed the comic, and he didn't really serve any real story telling purpose

ARE SERIOUSLY THREATENED BY THE IDEA THAT CREATIVE SPACES ARE BEGINNING TO MORE FREQUENTLY REPRESENT PEOPLE WHO AREN'T WHITE

More the fact that their population in the West has increased to the point that representation is not only justified, but if lacking, a legitimate insult. We fucked up.

Wasn't he introduced in 2011? SJWs took over Marvel Comics long before then.

I'm not a fat nerd or whatever you americans stereotype people who read comics. My uncle used to get me comics every visit while growing up so I read them, I haven't read in a while tho cos they're all shit now.

That's actually a smart move by sony. There's no point in having a pallet swap version of a white character if you don't emphasize whatever subculture their ethnicity is known for.
You can fault hollywood for many things, but you have to admit that they're a lot better at developing characters than Marvel.

>be americuck
>see 1 character who is not an amerimutt
>TRIGGERED
why are american left and right so easily triggered? do americans ever grow up?

Not really, the black population percentage doesn't grow much because of abortions and violence. They're actually a smaller percentage of the population now then they were during the segregation days. They're overrepresented in the media by a large margin. Mexicans are the ones who should be crowing about "representation" since they're the sole reason for the decline of the white supermajority.

lmao

>More the fact that their population in the West has increased to the point that representation is not only justified, but if lacking

Except no. Black population % has actually gone down, relatively. The OVER representation is not justified, much like how many Jews are in film compared to them being an even smaller minority.

If anything, spics are lacking in representation -- not that I think representation matters because that's just a shitty excuse to push race-based casting.