Supergirl Storytime Part 1

God Why?
What did we do to deserve this AGAIN?

>God Why?
>What did we do to deserve this AGAIN?
Is good. Last time i try to post it i left the country for one month Vacation.

I really liked Supergirl the skater girl.

Not a fan of how biblical the series got.

Then the character was forgotten forever and nobody seemed to notice.

>Then the character was forgotten forever and nobody seemed to notice.
After reign in hell is best for linda to be forgotten.

I loved. Not Constantine Buzz he was a great foil for Linda.

Was this the one with the bisexual horse-thing?

>Was this the one with the bisexual horse-thing?
Yes Male Centaur posing as a woman

A very different Comet was introduced in Supergirl #14 (October 1997). This version was originally introduced as a hero with flight and cold-generation powers. Comet's appearance was unclear, as when using his powers he was surrounded by an aura of cold that made him resemble an actual comet. Comet looked like a man with three fingers, horse-like legs, long white hair, and a star mark on his forehead. There was a lot of speculation about who Comet was, but it was revealed that Comet was Andrea Martinez, a gay stand-up comic, who like her friend Linda Danvers (who could turn into Supergirl), could shape-shift between her human and super-powered forms (however, Comet's change also involved changing gender, from the female Andrea to the male Comet).

Fusion

This Asshole.

I haven't read Reign in Hell yet, but it still bugs me because it sounds like it totally ignored the Vertigo side of things (all the work that Gaiman and Carey did regarding Hell). Then again, DC editorial obviously didn't give a shit about Vertigo at that time

Looks like it's that time of the month again.

>Looks like it's that time of the month again.
This

>I haven't read Reign in Hell yet, but it still bugs me because it sounds like it totally ignored the Vertigo side of things (all the work that Gaiman and Carey did regarding Hell). Then again, DC editorial obviously didn't give a shit about Vertigo at that time
I have no idea what was giffen thinking with Reign in hell.

Oh look, it's the cover Ms. Marvel ripped off!

>Oh look, it's the cover Ms. Marvel ripped off!
One of the modern iconic covers.

Holy shit, you're right.

As noticed by CBR Senior Editor Stephen Gerding, the first cover to the freshly announced new Ms. Marvel series, illustrated by Sara Pichelli, appears to be an homage to Gary Frank’s cover to debut issue of another comic starring a teenage girl hero, 1996’s Supergirl #1 — from the angle to the blank background to the juxtaposition of casual wear with superhero iconography.

That volume of Supergirl lasted 80 issues, so it could be a good portent for the Ms. Marvel book, which features a Muslim teenager named Kamala Khan stepping into the title role, in a series written by G. Willow Wilson and illustrated by Adrian Alphona.

Shit, how far are we now on Ms. Marvel? I remember reading a while back that this has been the longest run from a single author with that character's name since Reed. I think we are nearing #20

>Shit, how far are we now on Ms. Marvel? I remember reading a while back that this has been the longest run from a single author with that character's name since Reed. I think we are nearing #20
19 issues so far

20 issue the first volume, second volume is at 16 issues, IIRC

What issue did you leave us with again?

So I can glide back into the flow when you get there

>The evil racist white cismale who hates niggers for no good reason at all was in fact the monkey himself
I can't get into normies comics because of that shit... Felt like a good read so far

I think Young Justice Crossover around issue 35.

K
Bye