Would Rock fair better in Marvel or DC?

Would Rock fair better in Marvel or DC?

You would have to not only incorporate Rock, but also his supporting cast.

I'd vote Marvel since DC already has a Dr. Light and Marvel could use more good robots.

For some reason, I can see Dr. Wily being buddies with Dr. Sivana, Lex Luthor, orT.O. Morrow.

Marvel. In DC he would get off'd by (Darkseid / the Joker / Doomsday / Harley Quinn "accidentally" / One of the rogues / whoever needs to be a credible threat to Batman this week)... He's a robot with a blaster arm, something Cyborg already does, but without the minority diversity angle. Plus, DC is so light on "robot" characters, he'd have a hard time pulling together any powers. Maybe Red Tornado?

Meanwhile, in marvel, he'd go on rollicking team-up adventures with Machine Man, defeat a Doombot with a combination of platforming skills and sheer bloody determination (and get a Foot Dive attack!), Come across the Celestials, smash Spider-Slayers in a team-up with the wall-crawler, talk if there is hope for man with Vision... it would be a decent read.

If Rock and co. were in Marvel, I would be interested in how it would effect Hank Pym.

Dr. Light is practically living the good version of Hank's life. He's hailed as the father of modern A.I., everyone loves him, his creation/son is a hero to mankind, and even his greatest enemy has a shred of respect for him.

Meanwhile, Hank's experiments in A.I. has almost completely discouraged further research into the field, everyone either ignores or hates him and his own creation reinforces forces that hate every chance it gets because it has a twisted love/hate relationship with him.

Seeing Light and Megaman would either inspire him or send him into another mental breakdown.

DC-He can go work for the Teen Titans or Super Sons
Marvel-He can go work for the Champions

megaman by zack snyder

>megaman absorbs the visions code
>gains vision laser, a beam that doesnt stop moving until it hits sufficiently thick or dense matter
>when fully charged it gives megaman the ability to walk on air

Neither. People don't play Mega Man games for the plot. If a comic series about the games were able to garner more than a cult following, the one that we already had wouldn't have been canned.

the show was pretty good

Which universe would roboenza or the sigma virus be more destructive towards?

both. i will dare tp say marvel, tho. sigma/zero virus would put a intergalatic treat thanks to how other races have a hard-on to fuck with earth. infecting doom, stark and reed machinery and so on. there's also technology of the races that lives underground that could take on celestials and other shit.
If the guesses are right in Marvel vs capcom infinte the final boss will be Sigma Ultron.
my knowedge of DC is limitd the only things that comes to mind is brainiac, kruptonian bullshiit technology, amd a irregular with speedforce bullshit

I'd love to see one of the universes deal with Wily constantly escaping. Like one of the heroes puts their foot down and try to take him in, only for Wily to constantly elude him. Almost like a force of nature, you can't fully stop Wily. Just defeat him every once in a while.

You paint an interesting picture, and I'd love to see it happen.

The archer comics did a good job at tackling the games stories in a coherent way, i could see a ongoing being successful

only way to stop willy is if Rock decides that he got too dangerous and the only solution is to kill him. otherwise he will keep getting away with it

This actually raises a good point about if the entire Mega Man universe (with every series including X, Zero, ect. in it) was in perhaps DC's multiverse.

If so, imagine this: Wily ends up managing via shenanigans to control Brainiac fully, and uses them to make Bass (or even Zero before he went all murder happy on everything) ultra stronk, before he then sends them off to try to kill off Mega Man and Dr. Light....and you end up with Superman and Batman needing to stop Wily's Brainiac-powered robot army before Wily takes over the world.

Would a brainiac-powered fully upgraded Zero even be able to go toe to toe with Superman or Batman anyways?

Why not just keep him in his own fucking universe? The MM series has a robust enough lore to build itself into a fun universe, especially since the majority of the games were all part of one continuous timeline.

Making him part of juggernauts like DC or Marvel would just be a headache to make sense of, and the Archie one with Sonic crossing over was cute but largely just felt like fanfic nonsense.

>It's Superman
>He begins to wonder if Wily is related to Mr. Mxyzptlk with his seemingly innate skill of evading capture/escaping imprisonment

Wait. There's a bland asian girl, and a rapist who fucks with teenage heroes for Dr Light.

DR willy was right!

Which one has more robots? He's kinda shit without robot powers to copy.

I actually really like this design. Not even memeing. It looks really cool.

For megaman X this is fine, though the buster being a shotgun seems really stupid even though the hand buster is even more dumb when you think about it.

If it's about the Rockman universe, then marvel
If it's about the X universe, then DC
I feel like marvel is better at keeping a nice balance while DC is better at being serious all the time.

MAHVEL BABY!

This looks more like a generic villain then it does Mega Man. It completely misses the point of his design. Why the fuck would you waste otherwise good art in an attempt to pull a Bomberman: Act Zero?

He was supposed to go maverick over the course of a trilogy, which would've been like Doom 4 in gameplay, going off the concept teaser. Capcom turned it down.

It looks just fine for an Elseworld's tale.

the only problem with this concept is that putting him in either the MU or DCU would go against the premise of his creation. Think about it, the reason Megaman and co even exist is because in their world humans arent strong enough to defend themselves against threats of there own creation. What would Megaman's purpose be in a world already filled with Powerful superhumans and demigods, a world where a human already created mechanical suits that would allow humans to take on massive threats without even needing superpowers. How would he approach human villains or non robotic villains in general, He can't even kill the main villain in his own world, which litterally causes constant turmoil and mass genocide across the megaman timeline because he couldn't put a hole in the germans chest in game one. Not too mention his power scales. How would his vanilla buster even compare against the feats and powers of existing heroes.

>the reason Megaman and co even exist is because in their world humans arent strong enough to defend themselves against threats of there own creation

I thought they were made for construction and housekeeping

>Think about it, the reason Megaman and co even exist is because in their world humans arent strong enough to defend themselves against threats of there own creation.

This is kind of wrong though.

Robots in the Megaman setting were initially all created to improve the lives of humans.
Guts Man? An engineering robot designed to haul heavy things and coordinate construction jobs.
Cut Man? He was designed to be a robotic lumberjack.
Bomb Man? Demolitions expert and landscape planning robot.
Ice Man? Arctic exploration tasks in areas too cold for extended human exposure.
Roll? Domestic housekeeper and possible sex-bot.
Even Megaman himself was designed simply to be Dr. Light's lab assistant, no different than H.E.R.B.I.E. for Reed Richards, and was repurposed into a fighting robot later to combat the threat of Dr. Wily.

The world being filled with Superbeings means diddly squat when the first general of robots were created to do mundane tasks that your average Superhero couldn't be assed to do on a daily basis unless they're feeling charitable.
It wasn't until Megaman 2 and beyond that Dr. Wily started building his own robot masters with militaristic intent after his plan to reprogram all of Light's once harmless little worker bots.

kinda proved my point, they exist because humans are weak/lazy and soft. Also note that Rock was a housekeeper, he became Megaman because there was a need him to to fight something that noone else could, handpick any worth while hero from either Marvel or DC and they could dominate most of the robot masters on there own.
>Also by "co" I meant more the characters from the X series and onward, which were more expressly built for battle

>Also by "co" I meant more the characters from the X series and onward,

Sure you did faggot. Not that that matters since OP posted OG Megaman anyway. I hate cunts like you who can never admit they're wrong

>handpick any worth while hero from either Marvel or DC and they could dominate most of the robot masters on there own.

By this logic, 90% of the heroes in comics shouldn't even exist.

>"Bruce, why are you even trying? Just let Superman handle it."
>"Oh, you're right Alfred. Guess I'll stop."

A little tweaking to the story and nothing is stopping Dr. Light from tweaking his robot to fight the good fight because the world could always use more heroes.

>being this triggered about
Well, I was thinking of characters from X and onward, because they fit into the category of existing to fight for humans.
Also you seem to be stuck on one line of my arguement , you're not acknowledging Megaman inability to to deal with threats, only temperarily subduing them, and the fact that his power kinda'ed dwarfed by both villains and other heros from both universes, especially if we are only talking about classic Megaman as you wish
>one user already pointed out that hes kinda pointless if he doesnt have other robots to copy powers from
>not too mention if we are going by videogame logic he would still have to beat said robots on his own, and said robots would have to have a unique ability worth copying.
But sure why not im just a faggot.

In DC, he could copy the batbot, Steel, Cyborg, Red Tornado, Luthors suit.

In DC everyone will be just confusing him for Blue Beetle's sidekick.

In Marvel he will be either dismantled by evil geniuses (Pym, Richards, Stark), either turn against humanity. Or turn against humanity because of said geniuses.

>90 percent of comic heros shouldn't exist
not neccesarily , because most heroes are unique and sentient living beings with there own desires to fight or do whatever the fuck they want with there powers, Aquaman can use just his powers to rape dolphins if he wants to.
Megaman is neither , he is a robot with an express purpose built in mind, modified for different needs as they come out, no ambitions or desires.

>found the autist who can't handle a rebuttal
>Ill call him a faggot, thatll show em Im right
kys

>Megaman is neither , he is a robot with an express purpose built in mind, modified for different needs as they come out, no ambitions or desires.

Except Megaman was the byproduct of Dr. Light wanting to create truly artificial intelligence, capable of sentient free will and all that comes with it, including genuine emotion.

Light didn't even want to turn Rock into a fighting machine. The little guy volunteered.

well what meaningfull abilities could he copy?
Tornado is a decent choice, but what could he copy from cyborg that doctor light could just built into him
>insert bbc meme because im to tired to make one

I just want to see him palling around with Jaime and Cyborg. Rock's a good boy, he deserves friends that aren't trying to kill him every other game.

Cyborg doesn't have a BBC.
He doesn't even have a SBC.
Or any BC at all.

Bot anymore.

>you're gonna pay for this megadork!!!

feels bad man
dude just needs a megahug

Boom Tube baby. Make portals. Dump enemies into spikes or warp to hard-to-reach secrets.

Dc. Because then he can inspire hope instead of getting shut from everyone about trying to be a good guy until eventually he becomes this narcissistic as hole who believes they are holier than though and right about everything

>He's a robot with a blaster arm

And he can copy other robots' powers.

So the question is, which universe has stronger robots?

>Plus, DC is so light on "robot" characters, he'd have a hard time pulling together any powers
Superman Thought Robot

ah okay, I don't know much about cyborg outside of TT, is his shit worth reading or should I just keep shitposting about capcom not getting doing anything with megaman

>Wily meets the Joker
>they end up trying to kill each other because reasons
>their plot armors cause a chain reaction and the universe implodes

Never heard of the Metal Men, huh buddy?
Don't know that no Mega Man escapes the Manhunters?
Don't want to see him copy the Eradicator and become a true Super Fighting Robot?

It's funny you think that DC would snub him for not being "diverse" enough but the Marvel that brought us "Thor's Cis White Maleness makes him unworthy" would welcome him with open arms. Besides, he's an asian robot. That's diverse.

why is this making me kek.

>oh hes quite a naughty boy
My headcannon is still cannon faggot.

funnier for me cause i have a shitty connection and it started slow and got faster with each frame.
kek

>53 replies
>31 posters
lotta samefags in this thread