Has Better Call Saul beaten Breaking Bad as better show yet?

Has Better Call Saul beaten Breaking Bad as better show yet?

It matched BB with the Season 3 episode "Chicanery" It should exceed it in season 4, though.

This show is fucking boring. It wishes it could be Breaking Bad

t. Explosion baby

No and it's only getting worse.

His brother is probably the worst character that's ever been on TV. He's not remotely likeable and it's not fun to hate him either. The best thing the show did was kill him off.

Every plot device revolves around the characters being retarded (Saul's master plan of provoking his brother's autistic screeching in the courtroom goes perfectly) or just ridiculous chance (Chuck arriving at the kinko's at the perfect time).

The subplots are idiotic. I don't care about Saul and his commercials.

The Mike and Gus plotlines are much better, with some backstory to Mike that people actually asked for. But the drug dealer characters feel like they were written the way a soccer mom pictures the illegal drug industry operating, with someone almost dying every time money changes hands.

Reluctantly agree with you 2bh

4 years in and we STILL don't have anyone named Saul Goodman on the show

>pleb status: filtered

It might have if it was going literally anywhere.

t. Plebious Rex

Explain to me how its good

> not remotely likeable

He's not supposed to be likable but you are ultimately supposed to pity him. He obviously has some kind of mental disorder and he should've been institutionalized a long time ago. He was an asshole, but a sick asshole nonetheless who was ultimately left out to dry by his last surviving kin.

Speaking of this. When do we all think that Jimmy turns into Saul? Also will we see Kim's feet again?

When Kim eventually leaves Jimmy over something that is just too unscrupulous.

The best episodes are the ones where you're probably thinking "nothing happens."

t. Exposition toddler

It's well written with great characters, but I mean if you can't see that then you're obviously an idjet

>literally no story
>characters are shallow and don't evolve
>no interesting atmosphere to speak of
What exactly is the appeal? Are people just watching to see the next "muh cup doesn't fit in muh car" moment? Because that's all there's left in the show as far as I can see.

Embarrassing

stopped watching by the end of s2. so fucking boring.

Burden of proof isn't on me, you're already too far gone

Also Saul is an interesting but not particularly likable character. Three seasons in and it's not particularly clear what he wants, or even why we should care. His last action involving the old people in season 3 was admirable, but what wasn't was all the thousands of dollars he robbed from people or the bonus check he made by making an ass out of himself at his first major job just because he wasn't satisfied. He's a dick but not even a likable dick like Walter White.

The pop culture references are rock bottom. Smoke On the Water is one of the most famous rock songs that most people get bored of hearing before they're 15. To Kill a Mockingbird, almost ditto. It's not like Vince took some quality but niche song or movie to make famous like he did with Baby Blue at the end of Breaking Bad, he's shilling things that are already immensely popular. Next season they'll probably be discussing what a great song Despacito is.

Are you trying to argue this show is patrician?

he's an ass because he felt like his parents loved jimmy more than him growing up, and he resents him for that
it's like you don't watch the show

Good, we don't need normies shitting up the fanbase like they did with BB

So you'd rather see a case of the week type show?

>muh likable characters
top pleb

it's like the office but without the jokes.

>being mad that better call saul is more like true cia kino, then rambo kino

>The pop culture references are rock bottom.
Oh gee maybe they should get Seth MacFarlane to help out then will you watch it? I hope so

>knowing The Office well enough to argue that
Plebdar is beeping

brainlet

Something has to happen in the show first

>Action Man Mike the main character half the time instead of the lawyer
>totally not trying to hold onto the dumbfuck BB fans

What does that have to do with my post? His character makes sense, it's just dumb. He's like an angry down syndrome kid.

>mike action

He is at best stake out kinographer

>he wants BB rambo actions science yah bitches

gotta keep that 'tard money rolling in so Vince can make trukino

>people don't hold onto resentment, especially not siblings
only child with no frame of r

Both are pleb garbage.

>Mike dismantles a vehicle down to it's frame
>Estimate: 10:23 mins
>Mike watches Gus or Don Eladio from his car
>Estimate: 14:54 mins
>Mike waits for a battery to die then sits by a window eating peanuts
>Estimate: 15:01 mins
>Mike waits for a car with a broken muffler to pass by
>Estimate: 4:45 mins
>Mike sits in a parking booth waiting for someone to show up
>Estimate: 7:19 mins

Total elapsed time: 51 mins 42 seconds
Typical total episode length: 50 minutes (Source: breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Season_2_(Better_Call_Saul)

You're still not telling me about why anyone should care. You're describing a boring soap opera.

Because the actor is 70 fucking years old pretending to be in his 50s like he would've been in BB

>a character that has emotions is dumb
why even come here

Nah, Sup Forums likes to hate on breaking bad now but it was gripping television almost every episode.

Better Cuck Chuck is slow as fuck, way too much filler in the first season and its only started to get interesting mid season 2.

I remember going into the show assuming it would be all about the sleazy hijinks Saul got up to as a crooked lawyer. What i didnt ask for is a wishy washy backstory about an out of luck brother trying not to be a conman.

No that'd be Madmen

What happens if Jon Banks dies before they finish?

Kek and people actually think this show is patrician

So you wanted Frosted Flakes and got eggs Benedict, stop being a little bitch

I wanted a juicy burger and i got dry oats. Stop defending the filler.

There isn't a hint of humanity in him, just raging autism. Do you like him?

This is one of those shows that people watch to convince themselves that they have good taste.

We all know it's absolute unwatchable trash.

>Characters have to be likable for me to enjoy it
And I bet you're one of those idiots who can't handle the Sopranos either.

Yes

Season 3[edit]
On Rotten Tomatoes, the third season has an approval rating of 97% based on 30 reviews, with an average rating of 8.82/10. The site's critical consensus is, "Better Call Saul shows no signs of slipping in season 3, as the introduction of more familiar faces causes the inevitable transformation of its lead to pick up exciting speed."[67] On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the season has a score of 87 out of 100, based on 18 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".[68]
Verne Gay of Newsday gave it an "A+" grade and wrote, "Based on the first two episodes, Saul is making a case that it could be even better than Breaking Bad."[69]

I have the opposite opinion. I always considered them guilty pleasures.

When I say he's not likable I mean I would rather him not be in the show than in it.

There are unlikable characters like Maurice Levy who still add to their shows. I don't "like" these characters but I'm glad they're there.

Chuck gives us nothing besides a reason to google whatever disorder he thinks he has.

>I'm so patrician I like things I don't like
get the fuck out of here

I love when plebs run to Rotten Tomatoes
You must like Supergirl too

>Rotten Tomatoes gave the premiere of the second season a 100% approval rating from critics and with an average rating of 8.3/10 based on 20 reviews. The site's consensus reads, "The arrival of the more famous cousin in Supergirl does nothing to detract from the show's lead, who continues to deliver strength, action, and relatability."[86] Metacritic assigned a score of 81 out of 100 based on reviews from 4 critics, indicating "Universal acclaim

I'm just telling you how it did with critics
ie people more enlightened than yourself

if you have a well written character you don't have to like him, but you can still admire the craftsmanship of the character
It is plebeian to think you MUST like a character and relate to them in order to enjoy their presence
A good villain you hate

next time on AMC's NETFLIX A Netflix original Better Call Saul

I don't see how you could think that. That describes Breaking Bad more.

BCS has done nothing but wane in popularity, it has extremely noticeable spinoff seams (like everyone looking eight years older when they should look eight years younger), and it is only compared with Breaking Bad, never television dramas in general. The only people who watch it are Breaking Bad fans who hope BCS is just as good. BCS gets you no more patrician points than BB.

multinational distribution is a helluva drug

I like well-crafted characters even if they're evil and I'm nothing like them.

Chuck is not well-written. "I hate you because mom liked you more" is not original or compelling no matter how irrational the hate, even if they have one mom scene that supports this arc. His mental breakdown goes completely unexplained and unexamined. It's unbelievable that a character would hate someone who nursed him for years at great personal expense because of >muh mom. He's a tragic mental case but not a realistic enough one for me to care about. It seems more likely he was written to be what he comes off as: a dick with no redeeming qualities besides his obessions.

>not original or compelling
I disagree, I find it very compelling
>It's unbelievable that a character would hate someone who nursed him for years at great personal expense because of >muh mom
I don't think you understand relationships or the show. Chuck is a self destructive asshole because he envies Jimmy's carefree but still successful lifestyle. Jimmy gets away with stuff his whole life while Chuck didn't take any shortcuts, the resentment builds and over the course of these three seasons has reached a catastrophic boiling point with each man pushing the other towards the limits of their own morals
Like if you don't find that compelling fuck you you're a pleb.

I can't believe I've watched two seasons of this. I can't remember a single thing that's happened.

>pushing their own morals

It's a Netflix show so no, it can never be good

No, and it never will. Breaking Bad is peak television. Only plebs deny this.

Literally just nerd vs. Chad, the only twist is that they're in the same family. This has been made hundreds of times.

I deny it but it's definitely the peak of what it does. Anything modeled after Breaking Bad's style will not come close.

And it will be made 100s of times after this, it's just a different way of telling the story if you don't like it don't watch it queerbo

The plot is too unbelievable to be a good form of that story. Both characters have the emotional and decision-making maturity expected of teenagers yet one of them is supposed to have started a multi-million dollar law firm and the actors' average age is 62.

>Both characters have the emotional and decision-making maturity expected of teenagers
Says you

Emotional regression is natural when family is involved, read a book nigga

reddit soyboy

so many only ones screeching about how unrealistic this sibling relationship is
Sup Forums is so shit

Nothing happens: the series

I watched this shitty spin off rewinding half of it because Vince seems to enjoy to waste the viewer's time for extremely mundane shit that no one cares about except elitists who meme about "muh slow burn". Saul was one of the best if not the best character on Breaking Bad and on BCS he's as boring as Kim.

>t. transformers fan

>projecting this hard

>Sup Forums likes shitting on a popular show
>praises another more obscure one that's basically the same thing made by the same people
now that's what I call contrarian

Well there was a flash forward of him after Breaking Bad but he went by a different name then

Breaking Bad
>good first season
>bad second season
>really good third season
>really good forth season
>really good fifth season

Better Call Saul
>really good first season
>really good second season
>really good third season

it's on its way

>What happens if Jon Banks dies before they finish?

Don't call him Jon like you fucking know him you poseur cunt.