What does Sup Forums think of Rock and Riot Webcomic?

What does Sup Forums think of Rock and Riot Webcomic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOrX1nTiOe4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the art sucks. what's it about?

It's dumb

This looks like the kinds of comic that thinks Roller Derby is the pinnacle of sport.

wtf I hate Greasers now.

Rock and Riot follows the tales of opposing teenage gangs in the 1950s with an LGBTQ theme!

I have found a video of a person reviewing the Webcomic

Show it.

Read the first chapter, it was alright but nothing special. The hyper-inclusivity bothered me because of the setting. The 1950's still had Jim Crow laws and segregated schools, why does the black girl face no prejudice when she's constantly surrounded by white people?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOrX1nTiOe4

Found it

I asked myself the same question, but I realized that the comic is appealing to Tumblr

I'm sure it has fans but seeing the cast list doesn't make me want to read it. Every single character has multiple labels.

Sounds like West Side Story, minus anything about the 1950s that would have offended the Tumblr crowd.

I think their attempt at appropriating a motif they like and married it with a modern subject matter comes off as shallow and inauthentic. Although I probably shouldn't opine on it too much since it looks like something that is of very little personal interest to me.

A comic by someone who probably hates white men trying to make a bunch of minorities look and act like white men from the 50s

Maybe I should remake the comic

Terrible, bigoted concept. Tumblrcore aesthetic. Doing a post transexual multiracial 1950s is one thing, but then trying to have points about racial discrimination is full retard.

It's at it's best when it goes for cute hairspray/greece gay as fuck romance shit. But I'm not the target demo so what the fuck do I know.

It's called Happy Days

I bet the author has already gotten questions about this and has it up somewhere because they probably get it a lot.

Also iirc it's all drawn/written by a white girl so that probably has something to do with everyone magically being okay with minorities.

>bump

is... is this guy okay?

It's bland and innofensive. Ironically, it lacks balls

I think his voice was fucked due to swollen tonsil

Uh, okay, I'll see what I can think of.

I can understand a gay/non-white person writing a story like this because they tend to not be included in romanticized images of the 1950s and they want to be part of that. The problem I have with stuff like this is that while apparently these girls (and guys, iirc there's a gay greaser gang) are outcasts nobody ever really treats them that way and they likely never actually do anything *bad* except maybe smoke, because LGBT/non-white people can't be flawed I guess.

I'd probably read an actual comic set in the 1950s with gay characters in gangs and shit like that where they actually do bad things, not just "CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE MR.SCOTT YOU SQUARE" or whatever it is these characters get up to.

why does he do voiced reviews instead of just writing his shit?

I don't know