Dunkirk

I watched it.

Do people seriously consider this hot trash a "masterpiece"?

Also Hans Zimmer owes me a new pair of ears.

The best Nolan film since The Prestige

Does it matter if it's your best film when you're a hack?

HURRR DURRR WHERE'Z MUH SCENE OF FLAG-DRAPED CASKET BEING LOWERED TO THE GRAVE??

You can throw your buzzwords all you want, it's certainly one of the better cinema experiences of recent times

>Chromosome Casting

>every war movie is literally: battle-crying-map room-battle-wives crying-battle-preaching-moralizing-bigger battle
>nolan breaks the mold and makes a survival war thriller
>capeshi/tv/ hates it
imagine my shock...

Exactly my point. Nolan is the ultimate brainlet bait.
>oh look it's on different time frames, so clever
>wow, there are no Germans in the movie, Nolan yuo are genius
>my ears are being raped, what a deep cinematic experience

I wasn't thrilled, imagine my shock.

You should stick to capeshit

I just watched it a few nights ago and I agree it was one of the worst movies of the year that I seen.

I like how you bunch of retards are now talking about this movie when you finally saw it on your shitty computer screens.

Your post is the ultimate brainlet outing.
Dunkirk is the simplest most straightforward Nolan film yet, thinking that a film has to be "le deep" to be good is a sign of a first class supreme plebeian

Cinema is supposed to be an art form, not a theme park ride assaulting your senses. I thought this was Sup Forums.

No one said that you asswipe, I'm saying Nolan is a pretentious fraud.

this board legitimately thinks Dunkirk was confusing and they missed parts probably because they were busy posting while watching.

>decent rips start coming out
>suddenly everyone on Sup Forums hates it
REALLY does make you think

i borderline hate nolan, and think this movie is really great.

>people start hating on hyped up IMAX-bait after actually watching it
It really does, kid.

It's just the basement dwelling torrent parasites nothing new, happens with every single film

You would say the same thing if 2001 came out today.

people who hate dunkinrk: soyboys, phone-checkers, have 50,000+ tweets, gamers, libshits, amerimutts, spics etc.

>"i-it's loud so it's bad!"
The absolute state of nu/tv/

>beiing a poorfag and having no friends

Sorry you can't experience things in its intended form.

But 2001 is garbage, user.

people who love dunkirk: cucks, bongs, nolan cock suckers, manchildren, sheep-shaggers, muslims, chicanos, etc

>user desperately tries to hide how insecure he is by pretending there is depth in this empty modernist thrill movie
You sound like the same fags who say you just didn't understand 2001.

i am LITERALLY none of those and i love dunkirk, matter fact up until now i found insomnia as the only good film of nolan.

will he be okay? the boy

Sup Forums hates capeshit you fucking retard

Nah m8, he's all buggered up.

This is why piratecucks need to get rangebanned.

Reading some mouth-breathing capeshitters 3/10 user reviews about lack of emotional attachment I can only wonder because I was hooked from start to finish.

Not enough quips maybe? Either way mongs with objectively shit taste and deficient sensory perception shouldn't be let on the internet.

Sup Forums IS capeshit, you newfag. long gone are the days when this was a patrician board.

watching a movie in a movie theater like the director intended is now apparently a theme park ride. True Sup Forums patricians watch on their computer monitors and shitty headphones, and then post threads complaining how the movie is overhyped.
brb watching Lawrence of Arabia on my phone, I'm not falling for the capeshit theme park meme. Visuals and audio are overrated on a movie, the only thing that matters is dialogue and story.

Have you ever been to a capeshit thread? If you did, you'd know that its always derailed by deformed wojaks

Nice absolutely embarassing juvenile opinion you got there

they only think it's good because it all tied together at the end. other than the music, the movie was pure trash.

that's just a recent phenomenon that's already fading away and wallowing in its failute

The civilian boat crew is the only part that got me vested in them. The Spitfires could have been good, but it was sooooooo dragged out, especially that duel with the Heinkel that I could barely bring myself to care after a while. Oh yes, you still have to shoot down the Heinkel before it bombs the ship, oh yes you still barely have enough fuel, WE GET IT.

>Visuals and audio are overrated on a movie, the only thing that matters is dialogue and story.
I sincerely hope you're just baiting, no one is this much mentally challenged

>thinking that visuals and the story are separate elements
Spoken like a true mental midget

not shilling or trolling but it really was a cinematic experience. my ears will never be the same again but i did enjoy it when it came out. i don't think it was meant to be seen on a tiny monitor. maybe if you watch it on a sick home theater setup but i'm pretty sure 99.99% of Sup Forums doesn't have one

Its just birtanistan faggots samefaging
Everyone with two brain cells thought this was trash

>that's already fading away
No it isnt you lying faggot

>Woja-tar think more big screen make movie more good
>Zimmer make Woja-tar ear blood, Zimmer make movie good

I was being sarcastic, which I hope was more obvious than that

Borington iz zat yoo

To be honest, I think I would have liked the movie more if the music was quieter or just not been in the movie at all. I had no problem with the movie being loud, but I think this only really applies to the sound effects. E.G. The planes flying overhead, the gunshots and the explosions worked because they were taking place in the film's universe. The point of these being loud was to immerse you in the world, and I think it was pretty smart. But the music (which is nowhere near Zimmer's best) seemed to be added on took away from the realism and almost overpowered the real-world sounds. Some scenes would have been so much better if the music was absent. There were some moments with absent music and those scenes were definitely the best moments of the film, I just wish the movie stayed consistent by just ommiting the music entirely or turning it down so the sounds could have more of an impact..

He's just a typical autistic Nolan-drone who can't understand sarcasm.

>me think dunkir is mobie for peecee

how doesn't a bigger screen make a movie like Dunkirk better lol?

So you admit it's popcorn theme-ride garbage?

私は彼に乗っている

repeat please

oh yes, like Lawrence of Arabia is a popcorn theme-ride.

>I watched it.
Why do brainlets always have a need to say this everytime?

By compensating for the writer-directors hackness, silly.

There's a new Ster Wers coming out for you.

When the image is literally cut on your 16:9 screen because the IMAX screen is much larger vertically and sound is almost a character in and of itself then yes, it's crucial for it to be seen in the format it is intended to be seen.

Post actual war kino.

so in order to not be a hack, a director must make their movies for the PC monitor audience? Great directors aim for the tablets?

*reeing from a distance*

I didn't find it anything special. Just two common themes i.e. people wanting to survive at all costs, while others care more about the safety of people they don't know than themselves. It's just these two concepts dragged the fuck out to a feature length movie. If you get easily thrilled and that's enough for you then you might enjoy it, wooo Tom Hardy's plane will inevitably run out of fuel over the course of the next hour, so cool! Wooo the survivor protagonist is on a boat in the middle of the movie, I wonder what will happen to it! But there's nothing else going for it in terms of characters, or story, or warfrare or anything really so people looking for a bit more who aren't receptive to these cheap thrills will be left disappointed with a boring ass predictable and minimalistic movie.

>But you don't see german infantry! What an artiste!
Uh huh.

These degenerate amerilards will never understand something like this, it will baffle their puny little minds till eternity.

>But you don't see german infantry! What an artiste!
The funny thing is he even breaks his own rule at the end of the movie when you can see Germans capturing Tom Hardy, and there was no point in showing that. He's stranded in France, everyone apart from the most massive brainlet understood that.

Best Nolankino in years

The entire film is told exclusively from the british soldiers perspective, and we as the audience, just like those soldiers on the beach, don't see a single german soldier up close. And once Hardy get's captured, we see the german soldiers just like Hardy sees them.

This would be Dunkirk if it was the usual war flick.
1. Backstory: MC should have his father killed in WWI while his mother, brother and Skippy the dog have terminal cancer.
2. Clear villains: a German Nazi with monocle and Austrian accent should be cackling and rubbing his hands all the time while kicking dogs and executing cancer patients.
3. Love interest: a blonde French girl with DD tits and sexy English accent should have graphic sex with MC but then dies by Stuka
4. Fatherly Seargent: worldly non-com with cancer ridden prostitute wife with a heart of gold, who took MC under his wing but dies by Stuka.
5. Unhistorical inclusion of Yank Mustangs and Battleships against German jet fighters
6. Gasoline explosions and laser-looking tracers
7. Scenes of British citizens jumping and hollering while waving flags and not queueing.
8. Mid bombing quips and jokes for "comic relief"
9. Exposition by scrolling text during the opening and the ending scene which copy pasted the entire wikipedia article on the battle of Dunkirk.

I cannot understand people who dislike this movie. You're a child, you're a woman, ok I understand. But this is supposed to be a place where people have seen a few movies,I cannot fucking understand.

>hot trash

>terms soyboys pick up from FB and Twitter

Sounds like kino.

this scene is the greatest thing put on film.

I take you think Pearl Harbor is a 'good' film?

lol

Nice.

I'm saving this for the next "Plebs react to Dunkirk!" thread...

It's Nolan's best film precisely because it's not overly character driven

>Kenneth Branagh makes a last stand on the mole, killing multiple SS soldiers with his sidearm.
>He buys just enough time for the last boat to leave.
>Soldiers on the boat salute/cry as Branagh dies, the waves claiming his body.
>Churchill speech to end the movie
wait that one happened, bravo Nolan

People who complain about movies like this have the worst fucking taste in movies and should be executed or forced to commit suicide.

Name a better movie that came out this year worth seeing so I can laugh at the garbage you consider good.

>hurr best movie of 2017
Not an argument, brainlet. More like a statement to the absolute state of the movie (((industry))) of the 10's.

t. butthurt kraut

It's been years and years and years since we have had a war movie worth going to see in the theaters. Last one I can think of was like Master and Commander or some shit.

I really liked that scene as well

What about Fury? It had flaws, but it was okay, and Pitt is legit kino.

>I watched it.
>Do people seriously consider this hot trash a "masterpiece"?
>Also Hans Zimmer owes me a new pair of ears.

The little ships at Dunkirk were actually comandeered and maned by navy sailors.
For the 117th time in a row the eternal anglo changes historic facts to make himself look more heroic. But you didnt know that, did you? You just consume.

>90% of posts is about capeshit or dumb wars

> Sup Forums hates capeshit

? they showed that in the movie.

All I can say about is that it has a cool soundtrack and visuals, but that's about it. The dialogue seems awkward and forced

not a single boat at the end is maned by navy sailors, there are even women there

It's amazing though, it's not Nolan's fault that you're a pleb

> all soldiers are from male model agencies
kinda homo

I've talked about this movie with several people I know
I swear, every single one of them who dislikes it are either uninterested in movies or a retard, and it's ALWAYS like that

I liked the bits where the planes went VROOOMMMMMMM NYYAAAYAYAYAYAYAA RATATATATATATATATATTATAT.

Truly a chilling reminder of the horrors of war.

but dere were no wimmin or minoritiees so i cant relate, i just dun have the testosterone.

War movies are uninteresting to nonwhites.

People who don't have financial ties to something tend to be less biased

Just pirated it and i thought it was nice, nothing ground breaking. The Nolan cinématographie gets boring after a while, good think he has the budget to get enough figurants to make great scenes

>Bunch of french soldiers are holding a checkpoint that only seems to be a block or two away from the beach
>Literally 0 Brits set up in defence positions despite Germans being close to the beforementioned checkpoint.
>Still no British fighting even when the Germans were apparently on the beach taking potshots at the trailer they hid in
>No gore or blood or anything when the Brits get hit waiting on the beach
>Shit scale of how many troops/boats were there
I'm not sure why they even put engines in Spitfires because Bane flew one up and down an entire beach while also killing a Stuka and landing it miles away long after he ran dry of gas. Highly overrated movie that will be forgotten like tears in rain - while Mel Christian War Kino Gibson will live on forever.

I liked it too when he shot the messerschmits and the Heinkel and each time the planes smoked, it came from the same side.

the single shot of dunkirk in atonement was a better depiction of dunkirk than dunkirk