Injustice 2 - Introducing The Flash!

youtube.com/watch?v=XUjNuGvtyz8

Fuck the timestream.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/injustice-2-comic-explores-what-happens-fall-superman-preview-992244
au.ign.com/articles/2017/04/10/superman-blames-batman-for-everything-in-injustice-2-prequel-comic
comicsbeat.com/interview-bruno-redondo-talks-about-injustice-2s-new-look/?sf69506536=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He seems to have had the most creative thought put into his moveset.

I'm loving that we're getting the lighting throw and windmill hands this time around and I like that his move set makes him seem RIDICULOUSLY fast as opposed to just very fast like he was in the first game

My dude punches you and and lays back to let the rest of his punches catch up.

Christ he looks overpowerd as fuck.
The time travel super was cool though.

You can't compete with the power of a fucking attosecond, bub.

I'm surprised they didn't work the phase through matter power in.

He has one it's just not shown in the trailer.

Christ, he is easily the most entertaining looking character to play thus far.

Is this coming to PC?

Injustice 2 thread? I'm still so fucking hyped for Bane, I played him all throughout 1, even when people called him bad and whatever else, so his inclusion as minor as it probably was to most anyone else, still really made me happy.

Also even though I'm mourning no Grundy, I'm looking forward to Grodd a lot because hot damn, time to flail people around like a ragdoll as an actual no-shit gorilla this time.

>That fucking super

I'm so glad they didn't just rehash his original one, it felt so lacking even with what he was doing.

I think they're going to release it with all the DLC when it comes out like XL

Noob can't be assed to make a proper port right now unfortunately

Captain Marvel/Shazam was the one character I looked forward to the most in I1 so I'm really disappointed he got fucked over here. They're putting in Green Arrow and Joker, but no Billy?

no one cares

WHEN'S MAHVEL

>Joker
How and fucking why, stop wasting slots

Never.

This is like every single superfast character trope wrapped up in one moveset and I love it

>no speed clone curbstomp
>no mk9 Noob special but with the flash

I don't know how to say it but... Mahvel is cancelled. Capcom saw that they couldn't compete against the awesomeness of Injustice so they decided to save themselves the shame and pour the efforts of Mahvel into Resident Evil

Lazarus Pit or some shit.

Also you can never have enough Bat characters, and normals would freak if there was no Joker. Red Hood is practically guaranteed DLC.

>Batman
>Harley Quinn
>Catwoman
>Robin
>Poison ivy
>Scarecrow
>Joker

Catwoman was important enough for her own character separate from Cheetah but not Professor Zoom.

McDonough too?

The fuck, NRS?

>pour the efforts of Mahvel into Resident Evil
As it should be.

One Mega Man outweighs Captain Cold, Zoom, Doctor Fate, and Grodd, user. And I say that as a Flash and GAfag.

Between Arrow and LoT, that dude got busy. This one is justified

>being wrong
>2017×1

This was true 10 years ago, user.

Megaman fans have no faith or love for Capcom.

Even with a bunch of people being kind of "Eh" to him I'm pretty onboard with Scarecrow at least. Even more after it was confirmed Robert Englund voicing him.

Catwoman and Cheetah are not the same though

>hurr they both have feline based names and are women

Zoom/Reverse flash are far closer to The Flash than Cheetah is to Catwoman

Fuck, this makes me want to get the game.

This might be true if it was Mega Man. But it's X, AKA Pussius Maximus, the lamest of the canonical Mega Men.

Mousevel vs Capcom can't even compete with a party platformer from 3 years ago, let alone a real fighting game.

Oh yeah, Freddy Scarecrow makes him pretty enticing. It's just weird that they've added so many Batman characters while removing only Nightwing.

Cheetah and Catwoman are both acrobatic clawusers who move and fight in a similarly agile and aggressive style. If they'd added Captain Cold in I1, and made him have his New 52 power set I'd be complaining then as well, since they're pretty redundant. In a similar sense, you used to get complaints about all the Scorpion reskins in MK.

X is just fine, we've already gotten Rock in Smash. It's better that we get somebody new to rep the series, someone who isn't Zero or Tron.

XD BOYYYYYY! WHY HE DABBIN' THOUGH?

Hub, Trigger we all know no one remembers TvC despite it being the best fighting game Capcom's put out since Third Strike, Vent/Aile, hell even Geo Stelar. Lots of better options than Rock With Angst.

Zero was the real star of the X series and we all know it.

niggas out here don't even remember the OG baka

god i hope wright returns for infinite

You'll get apollo and like it.

But Geo is pretty much Rock with angst too.
>Zero was the real star of the X series and we all know it.
Shut up, Inafune.

No Wright, no buy

He's dead. Best you'll possibly get is a Black Adam reskin or DLC.

PREVIEW FOR TOMORROW'S ISSUE OF INJUSTICE 2 PREQUEL COMIC

YO

Don't give a shit about this game but gott admit I'd main the fuck out of him if I did even if shit tier.

Shame the movie won't be half as cool.

>putting slow mo on a character about being fast
Why does DC always do this?

>implying you'd be fast enough to keep up with him

If you don't understand why, you might be retarded.

Injustice 2 out tomorrow digitally

I hope there's a whited eye version of the cowl.

>that combo where he moves all over the screen
>that special where he punches so fast his the impact and the opponents' reactions are delayed

I know what you mean

Eat your hamburgers and shut up

>Like DC
>Like Fighting games
>The game is made by a shit dev team
This could have been amazing.

> mousevel vs capcom

Are you that desperate to badmouth other fighting games?

Name of better dev team. I will wait.

I'm surprised he didn't use Crapcom like they usually do

All I have to do is look at any of the fighting games actually played at EVO.

Well, then good luck playing Skullgirls. I will play the game that actually sells.

HR: Superman almost comes across as surprisingly sympathetic in this first issue. It's unexpected, because while there's a lot of nuance (and tragedy) in the Injustice version of the character — especially in his comic book incarnation — he's also someone who has clearly overstepped many boundaries in both the first Injustice comic and the larger storyline of the franchise as a whole. Will Injustice 2 offer some kind of redemption for the character, especially as Supergirl gets to show up, and could act as the moral compass Superman once was?

>Taylor: I don't think anything in Injustice is completely black and white, and a lot of grievances Superman has are pretty well-founded. The reasons for why he did what he did, in his mind, are still right. He may have overstepped — hell, he may have been a murdering tyrant — but he did stop wars. He was working for the environment. He was acting against inequality, even if it was all done with an iron fist.

>Batman isn't exactly a shining beacon of good in all of this either. He's done... questionable things as well and we'll see more of this in the early chapters [of the new series]. Supergirl certainly offers us something more pure. But this could turn when you realize why she comes to Earth.

>Sells
Yep. This is the plebs only defense when it comes to eating shit.
I guess Suicide Squad is great too!
Sure the last MK and Injustice games have all been shallow, badly balanced, ugly and the player base died within a year but GUISE IT SOLD MANY COPIES

Um. Is one of his moves just knocking people into the air and then punching their dicks a lot?

HR: You mention the Injustice Batman, and he's an interesting take on the character — in many ways, he feels like the paranoid/emotionally-closed-off idea on Batman taken to an extreme. In many ways, he matches the emotional journey of Superman because he, too, has lost his way as a result of everything that's happened — although he's aware of that, because he's Batman. I know you're a fan of the World's Finest concept of Batman and Superman as a crime-fighting duo, has that influenced the way you've written the collapse of their friendship?

>Taylor: I'm a huge fan of the World's Finest. I do think Clark and Bruce, outside of Injustice, bring the best out of each other. One of the cores of Injustice really is the break-up of the World's Finest friendship, and I think both men feel this. They both know what they've lost, and wish it were otherwise. If either had been able to compromise at the beginning, maybe everything wouldn't have gone off the rails. If Bruce had stood with Clark and accepted him after Joker's death, maybe the world could have changed for the better with both of them working together. If Superman had accepted he'd done the wrong thing, I think Batman would have done anything to help him. That's the problem with writing an epic tragedy, it all has to be a bit tragic.

HR:Outside of those two core characters, one of the stars of the series has been Harley Quinn. Your take on the character has always been a lot of fun, and it feels like the character's growth in popularity in recent years — especially with regards to last year's Suicide Squad movie — is merely everyone else catching up to your love for her. In the first issue of Injustice 2, she's not only arguably the most trustworthy of the leads, but also the point of view character for the audience. What is it about her that draws you to her?

>Taylor: Harley can say anything. She can get away with anything. I've often said I love writing characters who can point out the Emperor is wearing no clothes. Harley is someone who can pull down the President's pants, giggle, and put it on YouTube. She is as free as many of us wish we could be.

>But she's also a complicated character. She isn't one-note. Behind the laughter, there's grief and loss and guilt within her. As a person, she's been through so much. She has a history of abuse, of putting her own needs far behind someone else's. But I truly believe when she's free of the Joker she becomes something else, something far better. And the strength she's showing as her redemption continues is great to tackle. She's no one's sidekick. She's not a victim.

This makes me wonder, do JOJOs fanboys also defend the shitty ps3 fighting game too?

>Yep. This is the plebs only defense when it comes to eating shit.
I call it "The MCU defense"

>Sure the last MK and Injustice games have all been shallow, badly balanced, ugly and the player base died within a year but GUISE IT SOLD MANY COPIES
Don't know what are you talking about. MKX had a tournament two weeks ago. I should watch it, really fun.

Or you can buy a Crapcom game now for 100 bucks and maybe have a complete game by 2020. It is your choice call, man.

HR: One of the things that I loved about the first Injustice comic book series was that it went everywhere, folding in ideas and characters and mythologies that didn't seem obvious based on the game concept. Is the second series equally far-reaching? Where does Injustice 2 go?

>Taylor: It really is just as far-reaching. There will be characters who will only appear in the comics, not the game. There will be whole stories, which, while hopefully strengthening the game story, will only be seen in our pages. There will be battles, disasters and triumphs. The world will be rocked. Characters will fight and love and die in our pages. There may even be characters created solely for our story... read and see.

HR: The mention of characters created only for the comic leads me into this: How much of the comic is worked out in conjunction with the game studio, versus how much are targets you have to reach but the journey is left up to you? It's proven to be a two-way street, with the second game picking up on your Green Arrow from the first series…

>Taylor: I have an immense amount of freedom on this book. It really is a dream project. There are certain events mentioned in the game that we want to expand on, or things we want to hit to strengthen the character motivations and alliances in the game story. But it basically comes down to me getting to play with some of the greatest toys in the world, writing a giant outline, not holding anything back, and editor Jim Chadwick and the guys at [game studio] NetherRealm supporting me. We've really hit the point where the Injustice comics and the games inform and enrich each other. It's like each season is a chapter of one giant story.

HR: Anyone who's read the first series — or watched your animated series The Deep, or read your other comic work, for that matter — knows that you're a writer who likes to use comedy where necessary. Injustice, as a concept, is a pretty dark story, though; Superman goes rogue and becomes a dictator, after Lois Lane's death, turning heroes against each other. Is there ever a desire to write against the grain and come up with solutions for everything and leave with a happy ending, or are you having too much fun raining destruction and the occasional death on everyone's heads?

>Taylor: The Deep TV series is probably the most "me" in terms of natural storytelling, and I'm happy to say season two is coming to Netflix and elsewhere around the world later this year. I actually gravitate to happier places naturally. I like to have big shocks and down beats, but I always try to bring this back to places of triumph and joy. That's harder in Injustice, so I probably rely on humor more to balance it. Fortunately, we have great artists like Bruno Redondo and Mike S Miller who can sell the real emotion and the humor. It's why characters like Harley Quinn are so important for Injustice, and why there will always be room for left-field characters like John Constantine or Plastic Man or Detective Chimp to show up.

HR: Well, now that you've brought up left-field characters, I have to ask one final question: All of the heroes in the DC universe are having Injustice-style, one-on-one brawls. Every single character. Which character is the last one standing?

>Taylor: The last hero standing will always be Plastic Man, but no one will know he's still standing because he'll be disguised as a lamp post.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/injustice-2-comic-explores-what-happens-fall-superman-preview-992244

>comic starts tomorrow

THE RIDE STARTS AGAIN

So, have they completely dropped the whole "Customize your guy with special armor" shit that was the hook of the first trailer?
Or is that still in and they just don't talk it up anymore?

Fuck, the Smash trailers were so fucking good

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth, Clark?

>MKX had a tournament
Yeah, but they are small and played by only a few people. Their competitive scene is on life support just like all of their fighting games. None of them have the depth or balance to survive for long.
>Or you can buy a capcom game
Also shit. Stop pretending there are only 2 comapnies.
King of Fighters
Persona 4 Arena
Killer Instinct
Smash
Guilty gear
Blaz Blue
These are all good to at least decent games made by a competent dev team.

They talk about it a lot. Literally every Wednesday.

WEW LAD, I CANT WAIT FOR "FUCK YOU BRUCE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

>Killer Instinct
The game whose return was completely overshadowed by the first Injustice, IIRC.

IGN Comics: The first chapter sees Superman blaming Batman, maintaining that he was right to do what he did, for the most part. How would you describe Superman’s mindset going into Injustice 2? What’s their relationship like in Injustice 2 as compared to the first?

>Tom Taylor: In the original Injustice, certainly in the early days, I think both friends thought there was a possibility they could save the other. Superman lived in hope that Batman would join his side and, in his mind, help him to make the world a better place. Batman hoped his great friend would see the error of his ways and, you know, stop being a murdering tyrant.

>We're past that now. There's nothing fine about The World's Finest. Both men have suffered and lost a lot. And both blame the other for a lot of what has happened.

IGN: Fans fell in love with your take on Harley Quinn, and it looks like she’s down to partner with Batman, so what can you tease about her role going forward? She was already immensely popular before the Suicide Squad movie, but has her increased visibility to general audiences changed anything for her since you wrote her in Injustice: Gods Among Us?

>Taylor: Her increased visibility hasn't changed anything for me. I'd be writing Harley as much as I could no matter who had heard of her. But I'm definitely glad more people are now aware of just how awesome she is. Injustice is a book full of shades of grey. No one is completely right. No one is completely wrong. Everyone is acting, in some degree, in a way they believe is right and they all have genuine grievances. Because Injustice is such an epic, it's also a book where characters can truly grow and change. There is room for redemption. Harley is a character who embodies that.

Yet it's competitive scene has lasted far longer.
Both are non jap fighting games trying to appeal to casuals but somehow killer instinct managed to find a hardcore black audience.

IGN: The Suicide Squad looks to be playing a big part in your story, and you have quite a peculiar lineup (and that’s saying a lot given that SS is known for having weird rosters). How did you land on those more off-kilter members?

>Taylor: With all the problems in the Injustice universe, we wanted a bigger Suicide Squad than we've seen before to deal with it all. But this IS Injustice, so I'm not guaranteeing the lineup stays the same. Some of the Suicide Squad members might not be around a long time. There is something coming for the Suicide Squad that changes everything. As I've said many times while writing this book, don't get too attached to any characters.

IGN: With both DC and NetherRealm working on Injustice 2 together, does that change your writing process at all? Were there any particular characters they wanted emphasized for the sequel?

>Taylor: There are, as with the first Injustice, certain characters in the game who will get more of the spotlight. There are events in the game which we will be seeding and foreshadowing. Some moments are only talked about in the game, so we have the opportunity to tell those stories. However, I can happily say, just like the last series, Injustice remains the place where I have the most creative freedom of any licensed series I've ever worked on. Jim Chadwick and Rob Levin at DC and everyone at NetherRealm trust me and offer me a lot of support. It means I get to unleash some of the greatest characters in the world.

IGN: Supergirl appears prominently in the marketing for the new game and the story teaser trailers. How big will her role be in your story? We’ve seen many renditions of Supergirl over the years, what will yours be like in terms of how long she’s been on Earth, her supporting cast of characters, etc.?

>Taylor: Supergirl actually comes to Earth in the midst of our first arc. How she comes to Earth, and where she lands, is a big part of her story. This isn't a Kara who gets to live with The Danvers. Her supporting cast of characters are important, and unexpected. The alliances she forms have a huge bearing on the story.

IGN: What’s it like working with artist Bruno Redondo again? How has he upped his game for Injustice 2?

>Taylor: Bruno is a good friend and, artistically, to put it nicely, he's a freak. He's always been a great collaborator. From the work we did on Star Wars together to now, his work has only strengthened. The way his characters act on the page is everything a writer could want. I'm overjoyed to be working with him again, and happy he signed an exclusive to work on Injustice full-time. Daniel Sampere and Mike S. Miller are also crushing it, along with inker/finisher, Juan Albarran, colorist, Rex Lokus, and one of my favorite letterers, Wes Abbott.

au.ign.com/articles/2017/04/10/superman-blames-batman-for-everything-in-injustice-2-prequel-comic

>killer instinct managed to find a hardcore black audience.

Probably a small group of friends with nothing to do.

None of you even know anything about fighting games or it's scene.

MK/Injustice has a relatively large tournament scene, larger then all the anime and 3D games in US.

Only Street Fighter/Marvel and sometimes Guilty Gear get better turn out.

Also the games are not shallow, just awkward, there are also not poorly balanced, and even if they were, balance has nothing to do with what makes a game popular, otherwise everyone would just play VF, and fucking no one does.

The real problem with NRS games are they control like ass, and look like ass.
The developers are also insane and don't know how to patch in a way that doesn't piss everyone off.
Which makes it so the scene can't really grow past only the most hardcore NRS players,which there is a decent enough, but it could always be more if the devs would take their heads out of their asses and fix the glaring issues with their engine, and how they make games.

Also SKullgirls is not an evo game, and pretty much all NRS games are main evo games.

COMICS BEAT: How do you feel about not only coming back to this universe but being reunited on the book with Tom Taylor?

>BRUNO REDONDO: Most of my work from the past few years has been on Injustice, so it’s like a homecoming. I know the characters and the circumstances that lead us where the story is, so it’s great to meet the guys again. It’s also great to work with Tom again, I enjoy working with him a lot, and recovering his voice for Black Canary, Harley Quinn and some others. It’s the whole gang together again!

CB: Injustice: Year Five‘s ending dropped readers at the beginning moments of the first game. Where does the Injustice 2 comic pick up?

>BR: Injustice 2 starts some time (not too much) after the first Injustice game, and Injustice: Ground Zero, which adapts the first game storyline. So, Superman is angry and jailed, Batman wants to fix the world, and many heroes have been missing, in one-way or another.

CB: Injustice: Gods Among Us, the comic, constructed so much lore on to the foundation laid out by NetherRealm’s game. What was your favorite moment(s) from your run on the comics?

>BR: There have been many great moments in Injustice along the years, and I’m proud to be a part of some of them. The death of Oliver Queen fighting against Superman seems a genuine heroic moment for me. Also, in year 2 there’s one of my favorite chapters, “The Quiver”, where we discover some of Harley’s deepest secrets. Tom rules at developing characters with complex layers.

my post has nothing to do with any of that you autist

ASB was pretty fun, but hamstrung by Easy Beat and being a console exclusive, which hurt any competitive appeal super bad when it couldn't handle local multiplayer well. It has as much appeal for tourney as Injustice does; they're both fan service games first and foremost.

Heritage for the future is genuinely great though.

CB: The DC team really did some fantastic work with Harley Quinn. A character who had already been getting some great recent stories told. It certainly couldn’t have been easy to follow those. From Injustice 2’s game trailers and early seen promotional art, Supergirl seems to play a prominent role in this new story. Will we see her in this tie-in series and what do you see as her role in the conflict between Batman and Superman?

>BR: There are things I can’t tell, but I know Kara will have an important part of this new comic series, just stay tuned.

COMICS BEAT: Okay okay, as long as you guys give her time with Harley talking about Kryptonian fake mustaches.

From the first issue, I can see the incorporation of some new looks for characters. With the game featuring the option for players to customize characters can we expect to see more new costume elements in the comic? Do the customizable options in the game give you more room to play with the looks of the characters as the story progresses in the comics?

>BRUNO REDONDO: We are trying to use different clothes to show different moments in the story, with some transition from the first video game period of time to the second one, so you will see some progression occur, which we plan to fit to the story.

CB: From what we’ve seen in previews for the game, its new loot system really opens the realm of visual design for you. As a visual storyteller, how are you challenging yourself to push this new series further than previous Injustice comics?

>BR: I learned a lot along the years I worked on the first Injustice comic series, and I hope not to seem like such a rookie as I used to in some ways. We are trying to improve our coordination on character design, doing our best, and I think every person involved is doing an awesome job.

CB: Coordination has definitely been an Achilles heel of any tie-in project and it does seem like everyone has more lines of communication this time around.

What new characters are you most excited to be drawing this time around in the Injustice 2 comic series?

>BR: There are some Suicide Squad characters that I’m enjoying a lot; my beloved Harley, who has grown up a lot since Injustice, and also some characters that I think will be a surprise for the long time readers (wink-wink).

comicsbeat.com/interview-bruno-redondo-talks-about-injustice-2s-new-look/?sf69506536=1

>MK/Injustice has a relatively large tournament scene
Wrong. If that is true than why is it dead at evo?
>The games aren't Shallow
Yes they are. They don't compare at all to other fighters. You can't prove me wrong.
>NRS are main evo games
Then how come their games only last a year at most?

>that I think will be a surprise for the long time readers (wink-wink).
Red hood is here

Man, just wait for Crapcom's game. Why are you here if Injustice clearly triggers you so much?

MKX is not at EVO because Injustice 2.
The MK and Injustice scene are one in the same, they are basically sequel to each other.

MK9 was at EVO for 3 years, MKX was at EVO for 2 years, Injustice was at EVO for 2 years.

They are always replaced by the next one, similar to why the new anime game is replaced the sequel.

NRS games are not shallow, they have a decent amount of depth, and variable system mechanics. With a metagame the evolves over the course of it's life.

If you have an issue with it's mechanics the please go into more detail.

there it is

someone make a separate thread for the preview

They literally show examples of multiple sets of gear that you could acquire with each character gameplay breakdown.

man street fighter fanboys are some sad fucks

"There it is" what, user?

You aren't interested and have lots and lots of actual good fighting games to play, right? Then go play then. It's better for you, it's better for us.

who are you quoting? no really, show me the posts you think are me.

If you're not the guy I was talking to, why did you quote me and add a "there it is"?

why don't you read the thread before getting all hot and bothered?

>Why don't you read the thread to know why I quoted you out of nowhere?

>why don't you read the thread
yeah

>****
What did he say, dudes?