What is better?

What is better?
Rick and morty or samurai jack?

the one you dislike the most

stop. go back to whatever board you came from.

I like both, although they're not really comparable due to the dramatic differences in length and completely different tonal and thematic focuses. That being said I've been preferring Samurai Jack lately, it's been fun. Also at least one person in this thread will say Reddit and Memey outside of this post.

Personal opinion.
Mine would be rick and morty because it has a better ongoing story.

Fucking this
>cartoon about some immortal guy and cultist hunting is super popular for some reason

I think Rick and Morty is a decent show but I personally could never get into it, whereas I grew up with Samurai Jack so I'll probably give it preferential treatment. That being said, I enjoy the pacing, action and overarching story (journey) in SJ more.

Jack and Morty

Samurai Rick

Both meme shows, like all AS shows
If you wanna watch a show about Jap shit, watch anime
If you wanna watch a show about comedy, watch Looney Tunes
Deal with the best, fuck the rest

Rick and morty has a far better plot and art direction. Jack has flintstones tier animation.

>go back
back to the past

Very funny, dude! You made a lot of laughs. I am absolute laughter.

>r&m good plot

lmao, made me chuckle

It's true. Jack's art style looks like something a gifted 5 year old would come up with. The blocky shapes do NOT lend themselves well to action scenes. They come across as stiff and impactful. It doesn't help that Genndy insists on using cheap stock sounds that take you out of the scene.
As far as the story goes, Genndy is a hack. He can barely remember the storyline of the first 4 seasons. He relies on over used tropes and digital scenery to make up for the puddle deep plot.

Absolutely Braindead

Stfu old man

Samurai Jack

You stupid fuck. Listen up. You knuckle dragging retard. You come here. To my fucking board. Without a fucking clue in your head as to the crap coming out of your shit spewing cockholster of a mouth.
I dont know how many generations of precision inbreeding it took to get the right balance between 'being able to use a computer' and 'having too many chromosomes to understand anything about what im talking' but somehow your family managed it.
You need to log off. Enjoy one last look at your distgusting inbred visage in the dark of your computer as you turn it off for the last time. Wipe the faeces and cheeto dust of your fat little sausage fingers. Put on the nicest pair of sweatpants you own, see if you can rummage around and find a clean t shirt. But on your crocs, waddle up the basement stairs and go outside. Find the busiest road you can, and just let whatever car has either the momentum, or the engine size necessary to drive over your bulk crush the sad pathetic 'life' from your corpulent body.
The world will be better off for it. You usuless sack of shit. Fuck you.

>blocky shapes do not lend themselves well to action scenes
Frank Miller, Michelle Fiffe and Kevin O'Neil are laughing at you

>Stfu old man
I'm 27, so I'm actually the age who saw this dumb show when it originally aired, not one of you memer dipshits who had to play catchup when word of the revival hit

Rick and Morty actually has a consistent plot, unlike SJ.

>redditor telling people what to do

They're both pretty good. They're too different for me to say one is definitively better but I will say that the Jack revival is a step up from the original.

Whut it's just as episodic as Samurai Jack. It couldbhave had a plot but the status quod it in the new episode.

Also narrative complexity has absolutely no bearing on story quality, I don't know where the idea that something having an over arching plot makes it good comes from

Genndy forgets his own storyline, that's what a mean by consistent.
>Pic related.

>Anyone who doesn't like shounen shit is a Redditor
Underagedb&

Autistic circle-jerk, or "ironic" shitposting.
Pick your poison.

kek thats pathetic, stop browsing Sup Forums

1) this can be explained by Jack's madness if you need a hard canon
2) there is literally nothing wrong with soft canon episodic storytelling

Should really keep that Samurai Jack sticky that was up a few days ago. It's a good way to corral the cancer of Jack fans into one space

Jack is shit, anybody who watches real martial arts movies knows this is a shallow imitation that's pointless had you ever watched real shit

Jack fans = listening to Drake and pretending to be hip hop heads, or listening to Dethklok and pretending to be metalheads

I could never get into SJ as a kid, and I couldn't do it now either. It's just sooo slow.

That said, I love R&M, and I think most of the people who hates it here are missing the point and only hate it because of the fans. Kinda like Tool.

>27 and still watching children's cartoons

Wew lad time to re-evaluate your life

You must be over 18 to post here

No shit, I'm only here for the comics

The fact that I have to share this board with you losers makes me sick.

Reading comics and watching cartoons are equally pathetic, I'm sorry to break the news to you user.

>a cartoon about a samurai fighting a demon in the far future is supposed to be realistic
Fuck off Nolan

Then why are you in this thread
Furthermore, most comics are just pandering to teen girls anyway

You're a moronic underagedb&

There is absolutely nothing "realistic" about most martial arts movies
Way to prove my point

>Industry built on the backs of yoing boys now being carried by 20-40 something men
>mostly pandering to teenage girls
Jesus wept.
>inb4 you start posting random modern marvel pages you saw on Sup Forums

>HURR WHY ISN'T THIS AS REALISTIC AS MUH TOTALLY UNREALISTIC REAL MARTIAL ARTS
I don't even know how to respond to this retardation

They literally just wrapped up the ongoing story though, the rest of the season is going to be written flapjack style, except they'll be looking for the Mulan sauce instead of candy island

It's not about realism, nor has realism ever once been mentioned. You're a dunce.

>I'm 27
no

>implying comics are more mature than cartoons
OH BOY TIME TO SHIT

Samurai Jack
Rick and Morty will have the same fate of the Simpsons and Family Gay; it is praised now but 9 seasons in the future and it will total unfunny crap.

i like both shows , the thing is none of them dropped in quality so is hard to decide wich one is better.

Still jack gets better by every episode , sometimes i think the new shows is getting even better than the old one

Saying something pales in comparison to the "real" (used here ) version of something is absolutely a complaint about realism.
This argument is also ignoring that Samurai Jack is not a martial arts show, but a fantasy/scifi action cartoon based on a Frank Miller comic. It is in no way beholden to the conventions of the martial art film genre, if anything we should be holding it to Frank Miller's style.

He was pretty clearly talking about "real" martial arts movies in the context of actual martial arts film as opposed to things inspired by it, not the level of realism displayed by martial arts movies.

I covered why that complaint is also retarded, it's not a Wuxia or Kung Fu show to begin with.

>Thinking AS will give R&M more then four seasons.

There are not many realistic martial arts movies, for the same reason there are not many realistic war or action movies.
Realism would be boring for the most part, and not very entertaining to the masses.

Nah I hear you, just pointing out that he didn't mean realism exactly.

M8 I know that, my post had nothing to do with that.

It wasn't based on the Frank Miller comic, it took inspiration from it....as much inspiration as it took from scifi movies, martial arts movies in general, particularly the samurai genre

The comic you're talking about was also an inspiration of TMNT, doesn't mean it was solely based on it, it was also inspired by Daredevil and other shit

Someone has never watched any samurai films, which is my point exactly

And in those 9 years, Samurai Jack will be forgotten by anyone who isn't a manchild

Wow what a great thread.
>Which is better, Cancer or nostalgia pandering Cancer?
I'll go with nostalgia pandering cancer as at least it brings us back to a better time (Where most of these edgy "I HATE EVERYTHING" Sup Forums posters weren't even alive yet

Rick and morty art is a step above Mr.pickles friend, be at least a little serious.

you should kill yourself my dude

>Jackfag
>complains about edgy
Jack was part of the edgy era, it came from the same time Shadow the Hedgehog was cool, Slipknot was the people's choice, and violence meant mature

>cancer
barely sentient post

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LIKE FUCKING ANYTHING EVER WE SHOULD ALL JUST SIT DOWN AND DO NOTHING

Rick>Jack

Rick Rules! >:)

>not an argument: the collection of posts
Great arguments kid you sure showed me
These shows are garbage and you know it

Okay, fine. They suck and you're better than us NOW JUST LEAVE US ALONE!

Thank you.
But don't tell me what to do kid
Us Navy Seals don't like that very much
Stand down or get put down

My argument is about your misuse of the term edgy, in which case I did show you.
Also fuck off namefag, this is Sup Forums not Reddit

...Please leave, sir, and thank you for your service.

I fucked your mom last night while your dad cried and thanked me
How'd you like that argument, you little twink

SJ fucked up with the 10 episodes thing. How do you plan on restarting and end ending a series in only 10 episodes. 4 were already used and barely anything had happened.

This.

Your argument sucks
DOn't tell me what to do
>not an argument
>not even true
My mom is in prison, got caught growing meth plants in the back yard (according to my step brother anyways)
So I doubt that

I know that, I'm a guard at the prison and I give her my baton every night

>27 and still watching children's cartoons
>browsing Sup Forums
>Wew lad time to re-evaluate your life

>lying on the internet
Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

believe what you may, just know you're getting a new brother in a few months
btw your mom says my dick is way bigger than yours

delet

THis is bait

It is faCT

I find Samurai Jack less insufferable.

By which I mean, not insufferable at all.

not an argument

RICKED

>What's better an Emmy winning series or Reddit gibberish?
>Sup Forums actually takes the bait

Samurai Jack simply due to it's art direction and characters. That and because I find Rick to be fucking annoying.

Have never seen rick and morty, can someone give me a quick rundown on it, is an unironical line from the show?

Both of them are good within their own merits.
I enjoy SJ more than R&M right now.
But R&M is good too.

All the warbait and shitpostery is getting old fast.

>samurai films are martial arts films
The old "completely change my argument in the middle of the discussion" move, nice.
The series uses many of the tropes of samurai films though.

Jack and Rick.

Ronin is literally "Samurai with a magic sword gets transported into the future by his shapeshifting demon enemy before the samurai can kill him"
It's not a 1:1 copy by any means but it goes beyond mere creative inspiration

R&M is just funny, SJ is the definition of kino. Not even a contest.

>original was on a 13 year hiatus before season 5 came out
>won't be remembered

Everything that Sup Forums likes is shit

>I like both, although they're not really comparable due to the dramatic differences in length and completely different tonal and thematic focuses.

That's what you said about black and asian dick! Wubba lubba dub dub!

So yeah.. how old is genndy?