Why was Samurai Jack so shocked when he killed someone in season 5 when right before season 4 ended a decade ago he...

Why was Samurai Jack so shocked when he killed someone in season 5 when right before season 4 ended a decade ago he made short work of 5 human bounty hunters in less than a minute and he acted back then like he had done it a thousand times before but since it was Cartoon Network all the blood and detailed violence was cut out but nevertheless those guys back then were still KIA?

Clip related:
youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bdjb6__goC8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai#Women
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

despite liking all season 5 episodes so far, that's a pretty good point, OP

have a bump

They were rendered unconscious, you and every other faggot that thinks they know more than Genndy needs to get over it and accept the canon already.

And then there's the scientist frog/bug guy from the Seasons of Death episode who got killed by Jack

youtube.com/watch?v=Bdjb6__goC8

I like to think denial made him think that all his enemies where robots.

Sup, OP
Your self-bump clearly worked, you're getting replies now!

They were merely pretending.

retard.

OP here.

Guys im a big fan of the show and i am not pretending to know more or are better than Genndy, HOWEVER you people need to admit that Samurai Jack DOES have a non-robot sentient body count before season 5 started.

They were never confirmed dead, and there was nothing lethal (other than the russian guy exploding, but explosions don't seem like too big of a deal in this show) that would hint towards them dying

I don't have to admit shit, bitch.

The Russian guy wasn't even blown to bits by that explosion, we saw him lying in the snow intact.

Anything that isn't clearly human is clearly a robot.

So it didn't count.

1) they were very young women
2) they were fellow asians
3) jack came from feudal Japan with firm gender roles
I like the idea that these things were purposefully thought out to mindfuck jack into letting his guard down as much as possible.

OP here.

That's because it aired on cartoon network who counldn't show a dismantled bloodied corpse of a human but it still killed him i think.

>5 human bounty hunters

Only two were human.

>women were not samurai
>women were forbidden to learn to fight
>combat with an opponent is forbidden if they have vagina

none of these things were true in Feudal Japan.

Cool strawmen.

>1) they were very young women
who were trying to kill him

>2) they were fellow asians
even different groups of Japanese constantly fought each other so being of the same race means nothing

>3) jack came from feudal Japan with firm gender roles
>women were not samurai
>women were forbidden to learn to fight
>combat with an opponent is forbidden if they have vagina

The only person allowed to put things in my mouth is my daddy.

>Reeee he said it was canon, just overlook Genndy's flaws
You done sucking his dick?

Yeah, sorry. Fuck it.

I clearly overacted.

It's a long weekend in my country but I am working Saturday regardless. My house is coming apart, I have nothing I enjoy at all as I see time split by and work only because.. well fuck if I know, and my uncle, literal brother of my death mother only relative I had, not my counting my fucking uncle of course, is trying his best to take over my department on a succession of long line of real state scams that had been going on since I have memory. So complex I would need 20 posts to properly explain it.

I live in a shit hole that I hate, but I kept it because it was my family's old home, that got turned into a building of which I own one department.

Basically I really, really, really hate everything and I don't know why I bother explaining it, poorly, on the internet.

Can somebody please, for the love of god, explain why the shit I had to keep on living if I had never even felt the slightness bit happy?

What the fuck does being satisfied even feels like. I really don't know.

God help me, I know I am going to off myself, I don't even eat more than when my stomach can't handle it anymore, in the hopes I just die of hunger.

Well, I feel better not

I am out of here, I need to walk into the night and aimlessly and ponder how it got to this. Me complaining about my life on a comics and cartoon board.

fuck off faggot.

You think?

Well, you're nit Genndy Tartakovsky, you didn't work on that episode, so really, it doesn't matter what you think.

There are literally thousands of cartoons where a character swings a sword and people fall on their face not-dead but unable to fight. Why can't Jack do it too? Some kind of delusion that it used to be a mature epic instead of a cartoon that also had some visual flair?

Hell the new season has people surviving things that should LOGICALLY BE FATAL so if you want to nitpick that you have ot nitpick EVERY single other example of super-human durability.

OP here.

Its not nitpicking, there is an entire episode with Jack dealing wih 5 sentient not-robot bounty hunters and whether the encouter itself was fatal or not was not clear but mostly pointed to the fact that those guys are not getting up anymore.

>rendered unconscious
>via blade
yeah sure

Women could not become samurais. Samurai wifes would receive some training to protect their household since the husband wouldn't be present enough

I didn't see any blood.

>Women could not become samurais
this is false. women were samurai as much as men but held different roles in their households.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai#Women

Bitchboy.

>what is subtlety
>what is network restriction
wew lad

>Women were prohibited from engaging in any political affairs and were usually not the heads of their household.
>The source of power for women may have been that samurai left their finances to their wives.
Leaving a sword at home with your wife doesn't maker her a samurai warrior. Just a samurai's wife.

>what is being obtuse
They were unconscious, grow up.

>these samurai women are not samurai because they left politics to their masters
you don't know what samurai is.

>My low-stakes conspiracy theory must be true!

So, they weren't cut. We agree.

They aren't Samurai if they aren't warriors. It's not all principles. Obviously them defending their homes would be a last resort so putting them at equal status with their husbands seems silly.

You lost the argument, just concede and move on already, this an embarrassing display, user.

>They aren't Samurai if they aren't warriors.
that is not true.

...you're retarded. If they can't be shown to actually be dying or bleeding on a network that restricts death or blood on it, THEY DIDN'T DIE. Your claim of a conspiracy just invalidates the idea they DID die.

Holy fuck, how can people be this retarded.

>less than a minute
If I remember there was some kino shit with the water droplets falling off the icicles on the awning of the hut suggesting that he fucked them all up in under a second.
But yeah, I'm pretty sure they just got beat down and not actually killed.