IT WAS HER TURN

IT WAS HER TURN

will she win the best mommy award?

None of those are good movies though.

All of those movies sucked & only got high reviews due to politics

WW was no better than MoS/BvS, yet magically got rave reviews

Why don't they do the metacritic scores? Everyone agrees they are decent but that does not mean they are great....

>the absolute state of american mainstream media

are they being paid to shill this flick or the virtue signaling is its own reward?

Let's celebrate for the most part, mediocrity

Gerwig should have gotten screenplay nom easily

I wouldn't snub Gal if you know what I mean

Greta Gerwig actually did deserve a nom though.

I don't understand this, just because a movie is good it doesn't mean that it was directed well.

Honestly all the movies that got snubbed weren't even that good and only were praised in the states cause our dumb political climate. Like how wonder woman didn't get a damn thing, but obviously that movie didn't even come close to the standards that require a nominee.
Why do us, the Americans expect the whole word to follow down the same dumb path we're taking?

true but thats not how prize/awards are given in the industry

I fucking hate rotten tomatoes now. I used to think the system was smart and made more sense than an out of 10 rating like imdb as people are biased and rate too high, but this rotten or not shit makes an incredible number of movies get over 90% which is simply not true.

and I bet you didn't even see them making a list of "adjusted" scores that gave Wonder Woman a 108% as the best reviewed capeflick of all time

RT is getting too full of themselves. Fucking pathetic

>Wonder Woman is a 2017 American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name, distributed by Warner Bros
>Rotten Tomatoes acquired in 2011 by Warner Bros
Really activates those almonds huh

She already had her turn with Monster

RottenTomatoes think they are big deal

Fucking laughable.

It's a joke site. IMDB is real deal with real people (at least after the initial hype of a movie dies down)

She did. Just not a directing nom

>that one movie you made this year was decent! YAAAS director of the century!

never heard of any of these broads

Wonder Woman is trash. A thoroughly boring and mediocre movie that only got as much praise as it did because managing to be at least "consistently average" made it look like Citizen Kane compared to Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad.

That, and people jerking it off because GURL POWER.

Boring paint by numbers plot, a flat lead actress paired with a co-star that does circles around her in terms of charisma and acting ability, a boring one dimensional villain, and bland action sequences where Wonder Woman's powers/movement looks borderline laughable in shots.

6/10 at best.

I will laugh if it gets nominated for best VFX

actually imdb is pretty decent when you apply some of your own judgement
i always look at the overall rating based on number of people rating it
so a 7/10 movie with only 20k people rating it as so is obviously more shit than a movie with an 7/10 rating with over 200k people rating it

The Oscars were already just an industry circle-jerk, but after Leo won only out of pity and eating a chicken cloaca on screen (and #oscarsainthabenougjkangs) it really has become a joke.

Awards are meaningless nowadays. Patty wasn't nominated because it wasn't a well directed movie according to the Golden Globes team, and yet the PC SJW brigade wants to change this to fit their virtue signalling agenda. How about in the future, we skip the nominations and just hand out awards simply because she's a woman or that actor is black? Let's avoid giving out awards based on their talent and merit because skin color and sex organs now matter more!

>caring about what real people think
lmao typical soyboy who believes in democracy

>Linda Carter is 66 years old
Absolutely stunning.

wow this was hard-hitting and deep. talk about a fresh take!

Muh vagina

Lynda Carter is a Mexican
She has to go back

>mommy

is this a trick made by the SJW's to take the sexy away from milfs? because this ''mommy!!'' shit is really cringey

Stop putting words in my mouth faggot. If a brainlet like me can pick up on these simple things, there's absolutely no excuse for any real "film critic" to give the movie as pass. The positive buzz Wonder Woman consistently gets is 100% political.

Get out was a good movie though

She's great, but she didn't deserve a nomination here.

ROASTIES BTFO

>WW was no better than MoS/BvS
false

Also MoS was miles ahead better than BvS, which was an absolute trainwreck

>are they being paid to shill
its american media
they only get by from shilling

>GIB ME AWARD
>fine here you go geez
>I won this!

Women logic

>Also MoS was miles ahead better than BvS
which means nothing, both those movies are awful

Only Greta deserves to be in discussion. Other than that, they're just selling vagina and expect it to be free pass to win an award

pointing out the "WW was no better" is incorrect, especially when talking about BvS.

Call Me by Your Name
Dunkirk
The Post
The Shape of Water
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
The Disaster Artist
Get Out
The Greatest Showman
I, Tonya
Lady Bird

All were more deserving.
>musical or comedy
>Get Out
kek

>Only Greta deserves to be in discussion

The film was nominated for best film and script (comedy), which she wrote
That sounds good enough for her and I bet the directing isn't really the strong part of the film, and it's her debut

it was nominated
BUT NOT ENOUGH

>THE MOST CORRUPT AWARD CEREMONY IS NOT CORRUPT ENOUGH KVETCH KVETCH KVETCH

literally who cares

nice bait

All their nominations are your typical bullshit "so deep, so thought provoking" nonsense. Their nominations have always had a slant against anything else, and always will. Award shows in Hollywood are all about masturbating each other,

Her direction was very strong, especially for a debut. I'm not totally convinced she deserved the nomination, but she's definitely in the conversation.

It blows my mind that this day and age people assume just because of your skin color or gender you should be handed things on a silver platter. Wouldn't you want to win something because of your talent or ability to do something well? Not because of your sexual organ or skin hue?

She will probably be nominated in the Oscars anyway

*recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital*

>everything I don't like is a conspiracy by people I don't like
Buddy, I think you need a psychiatrist.

>The patriarchy is making it so films I like don't get awards!!!
Same applies to you, sweetie.

Fucking ridiculous. I liked Wonder Woman, but Patty did not deserve a nomination. The direction was easily the weakest part of the movie.

She deserved a nomination for being brave enough to direct the first female super hero movie and give a huge middle finger to the patriarchy running hollywood.

Your precious super hero movies belong to US now. Deal with it.

>rt score should guarantee awards

This.
Where's all the other capeshit from this year that also got high scores like that?
except Justice League lol

I believe I'd like to have sex with Patty Jenkins

Death Race 2050 has a 100% score right now. Maybe it should win the Academy Award for Best Picture?

I don't get the WW endless shilling
It was bad acted, shit, shit story, cheap effects and a shoehorned MUH LOVE agenda.
The direction wasn't the worst part but it wasn't good either

Look at this idiot getting played.
"Women should be victims, not victors."
Literally no one says that except these morons. If any shadowy figures decided to make WW and the women involved with it "victims" by not nominating the film, they didn't do it out of misogyny or any such bullshit. It was done specifically to further piss women off and further drive a wedge of division between the people of modern American society. This is done towards a greater goal which I won't go into here because it isn't the right place for it.

Please tell me where I can see Leo eating a chicken cloaca.

>All were more deserving.
You're naming movies that no one has seen yet. At least a couple of them. How could anyone even know if they're more deserving or not?

Ah so this is why all those "important" movies with blacks or women have positive score?

Because I watched Wonder Woman.

>Jordan Peele had a black man white woman couple where the white woman was 20 years older than the black man.

I wonder how Key felt about that kekek. Also I see blacks talking about anybody dating a white person (not fucking, dating) as being in the sunken place.

You're retarded nigger

>wo-meme's in charge as director
>soyboy's on the internet give them good critics cause they can't produce something remotely good on their own
mfw Witcher get the JUST-procedure

Dumb answer by a dumb person.

Who's in it?

Malcolm McDowell and a bunch of literally whos. It was straight to video.

t. Patty.

2016 - I BETTER SEE NIGGER MOVIES EVERY YEAR
2017 - I BETTER SEE GIRL MOVIES EVERY YEAR
2018 - ???

>using RT scores as a reason someone should be nominated for best director

pedosexual

NIGGER GIRL MOVIES

You can't have sex with my mommy!!

I felt that the direction was of the weakest points of the film and nowhere near the level of other nominees. The screenplay was stellar, though. Right now I'd say Gerwig should win for best original screenplay at the Oscars.

There was nothing remarkable about the direction of Wonder Woman other than the fact it was the first decent entry into the DCEU. Matter of fact the most memorable thing about it was the annying overuse of slow-mo.
Get Out was good but overhyped

other than the fact it resulted in the first decent entry in the DCEU*

I understand the sentiment but jesus christ do they have to throw all their weight behind shitty movies? I get it, you want to see more minorities and women winning awards at 'prestigious' events like the Oscars or the Golden Globes but for fuck's sake could you at least PRETEND that you want one of them to win because of their quality and not just because of the skin color or gender of the person who was involved? Who the fuck saw Wonder Woman and really thought, man this shit is for sure worthy of actual awards of cinematic quality? This is what happens when you go full USSR and treat all art as being inherently political.

Based Jimbo.

BRAAPP
what gender is this?

>MUH AWARDS DETERMINE A FILMS WORTH
Do people really think like this?

>the first decent entry into the DCEU

Lies.

Gentle reminder that Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

Top-tier mommy snuff

what is the method to judge of the direction of a film?

Is that real chinchilla?

Lady Bird was actually not bad, but I'm bias because I am from and live in Sacramento and got a lot of nostalghia from it. It was a movie mainly for girls but whatever, it wasn't bad.

They rallied behind a fucking Ghostbusters remake by Sony Pictures. Had it been a critical and financial success, they'd be demanding that the academy create a "best producer" award for Amy Pascal.

To me it's just how the story is visually framed. In the case of Lady Bird I felt that the sad/tense scenes lacked a real bite, the comedic scenes weren't particularly funmy and the triumphant scenes lacked gravitas. The lackluster score also did the film no favors in these regards.

I'm fine with the surface answer thanks, what a crazy bitch

Don't know. She used to wear real fur back when it was ok, but I guess it would be too controversial now (even though nobody can really tell)

Both are pretty hot they should get some kind of milf master award.

Not him but this whole obsessive "mommy"-business doesn't seem that healthy either.

>WW was decent capeshit movie lost in a sea of 2017 capeshits
>Get Out was released in January and you can't release shit in January and expect people to still give a shit during awards season

Did these people forget how this shit works?

>Why don't they do the metacritic scores?
Because it's the Rotten Tomatoes Twitter account?

Its infuriating to me that they list WW at the top. I liked that movie but it doesn't deserve a Golden Globe, especially compared to the other three movies listed.