Are there any movies that follow this aesthetic?

Are there any movies that follow this aesthetic?

Have you heard of anime? It's similar to Blade Runner in that it requires the same mental commitment to understand and yet after you watch it you will probably go around with a smug sense of superiority and enlightenment

Ninja Scroll, Freedom, Erugo Purakushī, La Planète Sauvage, Logan's Run, Brazil, Kagemusha, Daisies, Solaris, Hausu, Dr Strange, Enter the Void

>Hating anime on an anime discussion forum

I mean as in the image, as the movie doesn't have the same aesthetic as this poster.

Most sci fi anime from the 90s. Akira, Ghost in the shell, Evangelion

It kind of reminds me of some of the old Battlestar Galactica concept art.

I loved GITS and liked Akira.
Will I enjoy Evangelion?

>passive aggressive
>perfect punctuation until the very end in an attempt to look alpha
>no dubs
Is this the virgin reply?

> plz look at me i hate every anime i'm one of the cool kidz Sup Forums
Give me one anime with this aesthetic and I will watch the shit out of it.

how have you not seen AKIRA yet?

Probably, yes. The best way to find out is to watch it, though !
And please don't forget to watch the End of Evangelion after the serie.

absolutely, there's a movie from 2013 or 14 I think that is exactly that. I forgot the name, but it's red with people with helmets and women hanging like robots on a factory. if anyone remembers its name pls post

>he thinks films are deep

Brazil, Dark City, 12 Monkeys, 5th Element, Matrix, etc

> it haz a weird city and it's sci-fi so it looks the same
"No!"
Where are the statues in Brazil ? Where are the colors in Dark City ? Where are the tall buildings in Matrix (and don't tell me inside the matrix) ? Where is the city in 12 Monkeys ?
The 5th Element alright, but we barely see it for 10 minutes.

Who said it's all about them looking the same? It's about the theme.

still haven't seen BR2049. but the IMAX near me has it playing for 2 more days on a special release or something. i'm gonna do it, lads.

Anime from the 90s. Unironically

Woah, that's a really cool artwork

>all rights reserved
>blatant Moebius rip-off
fuck that shit

> tfw BR 2049 is still played twice a day in my local kinoplex
> tfw will probably go back a 4th time tomorrow instead of watching Garbage Wars

Moebius and Mezieres invented modern sci-fi aesthetics and nobody will ever give them the credit they deserve in burgerland because freedom fries.
Sad.

Thanks for the two (you)s
Everybody's sad about Jodo's Dune but seldom mention Moebius' A E S T H E T I C S

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Episode II, the Aesthetic? It's not something Disney would tell you.