Cartoon Network's new show

>Cartoon Network greenlit this shit
>Cartoon Network approved this
>Cartoon Network looked at this and thought it was good
What the fuck? This looks like a Baby Show. Literally, a show for BABIES. It looks like something from Deviantart. I would expect this on Nick Jr or PBS, not as a major show for CN!!!!!! Even the pony show wasn't as babyish as this. What was CN thinking? Will Cartoon Network ever be great again?!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gsnxNdRFYLk
youtu.be/Y81ytPbuOmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's been a lot of talk that CN's aiming for a younger demographic, and I think this show is proof of it.

>catering to furshit
Well it is a large community, smart business move really

>Will Cartoon Network ever be great again?!!!
OK KO is airing this summer.

>All the TV PG shows have been getting the shaft.
>Every show since 2015 has been rated TV Y7.
Really makes you think.

>we want the furry audience

Japan has the comparative advantage on complete lock when it comes to more serious action type shows - the west has all but cut their losses entirely when it comes to shows that aren't purely comedy and/or comfiness

Voltron is our last hope.

>shows that aren't purely comedy and/or comfiness
Then why isn't this show funny or comfy?

So is that just a really small piano, or is the perspective that bad?

So they want to make Cartoon Network their NickJr? Hell do a block of the stuff lke they used to not devote the whole channel to it.

But why? I refuse to believe it's because the West just can't write, direct or storyboard action content (not saying "draw" because that's outsourced). So, it must be the business model. What's wrong with the Western business model?

Thank god for Netflix.

Investments mainly people pitch mature stuff all the time but its not kiddie enough for the advertisers or the other associated companies that plan the merch.

Heck even the kids shows are the longest running stuff in Japan with the mature subjects mostly getting one season an then out the door. If it wasn't for Toonami folks and Crunchyroll picking up some of the tabs some Anime would clock out at one season still.

At least it means 15 minutes less of TTG in the day.

So there is a lack of a way to fund animation that doesn't depend on plastic crap? Sad. Still, if there is demand that can't be fulfilled by Japanese shows alone, maybe we'll see a new investment model.

That's where the digital stuff has come in. Netflix itself funds at least three Anime last I checked. On top of their more action oriented cartoon fare. Their Dreamworks stuff is really good. Though their live action kids stuff is lacking. But they are trying.

Funnily enough, CN tried to do their version of Nick Jr. a while back.
It failed miserably.

And as usual the new people think they can do it right. Oh boy.

To be fair, a TV-Y7 show can apparently get away with an unbelievable amount of shit. Just look at Gumball.

Did any of you ever see that episode of 30 rock where Jack intentionally tanks NBC to force the owner to sell it? I'm fairly sure the CEO of Cartoon Network is doing something similar

The only upcoming shows that look remotely interesting to me are Ok KO and Ivandoe. Ivandoe mostly because it looks similar to gumball and its being made by people who worked on it.

Looks like we're getting that earlier for something worse.

Also this
youtu.be/gsnxNdRFYLk

By this
youtu.be/Y81ytPbuOmw

Are... Are they airing the same movie 6 times over 2 days? Jesus Christ.

Nobody is talking about anime, or DreamWorks for that matter.

The inquiry was about Japanese animation and funding vs the US systems so yea that was the topic of reply. Please keep up.

> neck-beards complaining about children cartoons being childish
Grow up.

But nobody was talking about e.g. Netflix funding anime. It's irrelevant. Is Netflix funding cartoons?

>autists complaining about others complaining
Grow up.

Yes. Netflix has had the plan in place to put millions into animation production for original content. Both in anime and more western fare. Been doing it for years now.

It was super corporate as hell and Time Warner never really seems keen on wanting to expand CN and its sister channels beyond programming blocks in the states

What original cartoons have they made? Any good ones?

ALmost all of them are good because they don't have to follow strict rules of TV

BoJack Horseman
F in the Family

F in the Family is fucking hysterical but theres only like 6 episodes

I wonder how the sell to AT&T will work out for them. I know they want content for Dish so I don't think they'll kill the networks.

Bit less tied to the rules mainly in that all the shows will have an overarching plot for the season. Netflix really likes the serialized productions.

Last heard they are still on for another season. Its just really slow going. Hence the upcoming discussions with the WGA and a possible writers strike.

Less shows but same amount of time working on them means less pay.

>That "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" chess pattern on weekends
Holy fuck this is depressing

AT&T wants something to stream most likely, that's it. Considering how Time Warner works, everyone will still be able to do whatever with little overwatching from Time Warner and lots of infighting between each other

Are saturday mornings no longer sacred?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs got its own TV series actually.

I would assume that's what they're airing. At least, I'd hope so.

Wait I didn't read it right, they're airing the TV show and the movie, what the fuck.

wait a minute
>Ben 10 reboot premieres in the US today by airing at least 4 new episodes with new episodes airing daily throughout the rest of this week
>By the time this all day marathon their planning next Monday starts the Ben 10 reboot will have only aired about 7 episodes

CN IS GOING TO PLAY THE SAME 7 EPISODES OF BEN 10 ON LOOP FOR THE WHOLE DAY NEXT MONDAY!

I saw some of Julia Pott's art and I found them pretty legit. That might be because I teach kindergarten, though.

I'll give this show a try.

The show really doesn't do the art justice. They took out all the detail as usual.